PDA

View Full Version : Tasmanians

Tazahawkus
14th January 2014, 03:25 PM
Hey Everyone. I'm on the lookout for Tasmanian collectors.

I'm brand new to the site, but I'm anything but new to the world of Transformers and collecting them.

If you're Tasmanian please let me know, I've been dying to find my kind of people down here for a good while.

Thanks Guys!

1orion2many
14th January 2014, 03:30 PM
I think Verno originally came from Tassie but I think he is Vic based now but I could be wrong on all counts:o:D. He may be able to point you in the right direction of some fellow collectors in Tassie:)

Verno
14th January 2014, 04:49 PM
G'Day mate. 1O2M is correct, I'm a born and bred Tasmanian, but now living in Vic -- and not enjoying the current 40+ degrees I must say.

We're as rare as hens teeth but I think there are a couple of us on the boards.

sideswipes brother
14th January 2014, 06:25 PM
G'Day mate. 1O2M is correct, I'm a born and bred Tasmanian, but now living in Vic -- and not enjoying the current 40+ degrees I must say.

We're as rare as hens teeth but I think there are a couple of us on the boards.

Well then Verno, you need to make some adjustments to your profile as it still lists you as 'Burnie'. Do it. Do it now...dont think...act!! :D Sorry buddy, few too many bourbons...

GoktimusPrime
14th January 2014, 07:07 PM
I once met a Transformers collector from Hobart back in the 90s, but I've lost touch w/ her since and have no idea if she's still into TFs or not. :confused:

Tazahawkus
14th January 2014, 11:41 PM
Hey Guys

Thanks for the info. I agree Tasmanian collectors are really hard to come by. I know there's another person on here called vandiemens, but it looks like he hasn't been here for a while.

Wow a collector from Hobart that's a girl? Just when I thought things couldn't get any rarer. If by chance you find her again, let me know.

I know what you mean about the weather Verno. It pretty hot down here too. We're expecting 36 on Friday.

I was looking at a heap of collections from a lot of people on here and I gotta say I'm impressed with some of the numbers I'm seeing. I don't have a recent photo of my collection, but I can tell you that l am currently celebrating my 10 year anniversary of collecting Transformers. My current total is at 728.

I will tell you I have a few rarities, such as the 2001 Botcon Exclusive of Arcee, The Matrix of Leadership statue (w/ gold lining on the base) and my first purchase of 2014 is coming all the way from New York, The Covenant of Primus, plus a decent collection of G1s.

I would also like to share with you a system that I have. When I get a new "acquisition" to my collection, I photograph the Robot and Alternate modes (and any others if necessary), then I store the photos on my hard drive (in it's corresponding folder, eg. G1, BW, TFP, 2007 Film, etc etc). I then open up an excel file I made that is a catalogue I keep. I've divided the document into sections the same way as the previously mentioned folders, then I put a price to the item (based on size, to make up for potential gain or lose in actual price). Each group has a numbers and price total, then at the bottom of the list I have a totals section, then a grand total.

I have rigged Excel so that every time I make an adjustment to a groups total, there's a cascading effect that alters the group total at the bottom, then to the grand total, then to my next milestone. This has become a great way to keep track of my collection and I hope you adopt this idea.

If you have had trouble following this, just let me know and we can discuss it further.

Apologies for the painfully long message, but I've been waiting 10 years for this. I didn't make a new years resolution, but if I did, finding tassie collectors was one of the top 2 choices. The other being to create my own Tranformers character.

Thanks for reading, talk later.

Tazahawkus (or just Taz is ok).

GoktimusPrime
15th January 2014, 12:23 AM
Tazahawkus (or just Taz is ok).
Heh... have you considered using the image of one of the Tasmanian (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Snarl_(BW)) Devil (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Tasmania_Kid) Transformers (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Bound_Rogue) as your board avatar? ;)

Tazahawkus
15th January 2014, 07:04 AM
Actually I guess I should use the main source of inspiration for my character.... Tigerhawk.

Besides Tasmania Kid doesn't even remotely look like a devil. The people who created him could've researched the devil a lot more. If there's one character i could redesign, it would be him i think.

GoktimusPrime
15th January 2014, 09:34 AM
Besides Tasmania Kid doesn't even remotely look like a devil. The people who created him could've researched the devil a lot more. If there's one character i could redesign, it would be him i think.
You're absolutely right. He looks more like a dunnart. Hasbro should consider doing a Generations Snarl that looks like an actual Devil. :)

Tazahawkus
15th January 2014, 11:06 AM
I think that will be a while. I guess is that they'll release the TV show's characters before the comics or Japanese TV show's

Verno
16th January 2014, 12:19 PM
I think the sound of this guy. A Tasmanian and a BW fan!

Tazahawkus
17th January 2014, 11:42 PM
I owe it to BW for getting me into transformers in the first place. My personal transformers character, who I'll be designing this year will have some inspiration coming from Tigerhawk (yes, the 'hawk' part in my name comes from him), I have also had the honour of talking to Blu Mankuma on facebook.

To summarize, 'Taz' is a family nickname, 'a' was just the better option above 'e', 'i', 'o' or 'u', hawk comes from Tigerhawk. This was the original version of my name, Tazahawk, but after hearing that Megatron's name in TFP was originally Megatronus, I wondered how 'us' would go at the end of Tazahawk. Turns out, I liked the idea, thus my TF name now is Tazahawkus.