PDA

View Full Version : Generations Nightbeat & Jhiaxus revealed

griffin
14th January 2014, 11:34 PM
Don't get too excited, as they are both just redecos (http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-news-rumors/971022-generations-nightbeat-jazz-repaint-jiaxus-armada-starscream-repaint-windbade.html). (images are from an Asian online store)

Nightbeat is a redeco of the Classics-verse Jazz (from Reveal the Shield) so is unlikely to have a "headmaster" gimmick.

Jhiaxus is a redeco of new Armada Starscream.
(in some simple, awful colours... it looks like a Playskool toy)

There is also a drawing(?) of Windblade... which is an odd thing to have released by Hasbro to solicit pre-orders from retailers. The character art that was released at SDCC would be a better tool for that.

The dealer site lists them as a February release, but I think they might have just copied the format of another listing, as those should be later than that.
(the various prices on that site are so high, it makes our retail prices look good)

Deonasis
14th January 2014, 11:52 PM
Not what i was expecting for either of them.. And there goes another few toy fair reveals.

doublespy
14th January 2014, 11:53 PM
That looks like a CAD drawing...
hmmm can't wait to see what she looks like:cool:

Sinnertwin
14th January 2014, 11:57 PM
I don't mind the RiD'ish Jhiaxus colour scheme. A G2 comic scheme would have also been welcomed.
As the posters on TFW have also pointed out, they do look like stock images digibashed, but that could just be a Hasbro thing.
Windblade on the other hand was supposed to be the last of the Thrilling 30 figures. Lets see where this leads.

VERT
15th January 2014, 12:36 AM
And what about Hasbro saying they could not use moulds that old as deluxes cause they cost to much.

Omega Metro
15th January 2014, 12:53 AM
So this is the 40000th Jazz redeco? Disappointed but will get both.:)

i_amtrunks
15th January 2014, 01:15 AM
We all knew Nightbeat would be getting a toy, he has been too involved across all the G1 based series of late (yay!).

However the toy choice is less than desirable, the Jazz mold is a great toy but not even with extensive changes (which we aren't getting) it is not a suitable figure for Nightbeat.

Jhiaxus looks almost exactly like the original Amarda Screamer and Nightblade gives me a Tracks kinda vibe.

1AZRAEL1
15th January 2014, 01:20 AM
Slightly disappointed with that reveal. Still, I'll more than likely grab them anyway. Was hoping for something better for Jhiaxus. There was pretty much no doubt in my mind that Nightbeat would be non-headmaster, but it looks ok so far anyway. I'll reserve any judgement on Wingblade until I actually see decent toy pictures of her.

1AZRAEL1
15th January 2014, 01:22 AM
Also love how they still can't get their promo shots right ala Jhiaxus-no-fist :p

Paulbot
15th January 2014, 07:16 AM
I'm with the doubters and will wait on judgement for confirmation, not of the names (those are on previous lists and make sense) but the deco/toy choices because these pics seem odd. A line drawing? An obscure online toy store? Really?

DELTAprime
15th January 2014, 07:37 AM
Disappointed, just disappointed.

kup
15th January 2014, 08:39 AM
Sucks. Not getting them.

I hope this green lights a 3rd party to doing Nightbeat as Hasbro's offering is lackluster.

GoktimusPrime
15th January 2014, 10:01 AM
Disappointed but will get both.:)
^This. :p

Although I'll wait for local versions. Not worth the effort of importing IMO.

BigTransformerTrev
15th January 2014, 10:10 AM
Was hoping for something better for Jhiaxus.

Me as well. I don't think the Generations Armada Starscream is a good choice of mould for him. I'd much rather see something based on his G2 incarnation, a new mould wouldn't hurt them - he's a big enough character that has been around for decades to warrant one.

I can live with Nightbeat, but something with a flat chest would have been more appropriate than the Jazz mould - even the Wheeljack/Tracks mould minus the wings or the Rodimus mould sans its spoiler would have been better.

UltraMarginal
15th January 2014, 12:28 PM
I heard people hoping for a bumblebee repaint as nightbeat. which makes more sense to me than Jazz.

I have no interest in the starscream character so I may pick up the Jhiaxus, just to check out the mold.

as others have also mentioned I'm a little sceptical that this is a legit listing picture.

i_amtrunks
15th January 2014, 12:34 PM
^This. :p

Although I'll wait for local versions. Not worth the effort of importing IMO.

That may be a loooong wait, I thought Generations were not getting a release here?

Bidoofdude
15th January 2014, 12:53 PM
Well this is kinda disappointing. Nightbeat doesn't look good enough for me, I'd rather one based on his comic look. No interest in RID stuff or Windblade, so I might skip this wave if that's all that's in it.

CBratron
15th January 2014, 01:05 PM
Don't need actionmasters.

[edit] okay weird. I thought I posted this on the not revoltech Soundwave + Shockwave topic.

Golden Phoenix
15th January 2014, 01:40 PM
They look like bad digibashes. I'm going to assume they are until I see other pictures.

llamatron
15th January 2014, 01:43 PM
Very disappointing if true. Really wanted a balls-out extreme G2 Jhiaxus.

Hursticon
15th January 2014, 02:17 PM
I'm with the doubters and will wait on judgement for confirmation, not of the names (those are on previous lists and make sense) but the deco/toy choices because these pics seem odd. A line drawing? An obscure online toy store? Really?

They look like bad digibashes. I'm going to assume they are until I see other pictures.

I'm with you blokes; I'm going to hold out applying any thoughts/feelings on these "Reveals" until some solid evidence comes forth. ;):)

Jinto
15th January 2014, 04:01 PM
I'm with you. I think they'd be mad not to use the Bumblebee mold for Nightbeat. The Starscream mould will probably have another run of seekers and the IDW figures have all been pretty comic-acurate (although I'm sure it's vice-versa), so if Jhiaxus were getting that toy his comic body would almost certainly reflect that.

Lord_Zed
15th January 2014, 06:34 PM
Hmmm if there are legit, huge disappointment! :(

Scoop got everyone's hopes up for non Geewun characters getting all new Generations molds, but these guys are shooting those hopes down big time.

If these are real then I'm no longer in a hurry to see Hasbro's Brainstorm or Hardhead. It may mean the only place to get a decent Headmaster re-imagined is a 3rd party.

SuspectimusPrime
16th January 2014, 12:08 PM
Very disappointing if true. Really wanted a balls-out extreme G2 Jhiaxus.

Super disappointing considering all his comic appearances. Still may get him depending on the headsculpt. If the face shouts out "I am Senator Jhiaxus, I come in PEACE", then I'm all in ;)

I'm with you. I think they'd be mad not to use the Bumblebee mold for Nightbeat. The Starscream mould will probably have another run of seekers and the IDW figures have all been pretty comic-acurate (although I'm sure it's vice-versa), so if Jhiaxus were getting that toy his comic body would almost certainly reflect that.

I'm pretty happy with the Generations Jazz mould - it's a solid mould and don't really mind owning another version of it.

Hmmm if there are legit, huge disappointment! :(

Scoop got everyone's hopes up for non Geewun characters getting all new Generations molds, but these guys are shooting those hopes down big time.

If these are real then I'm no longer in a hurry to see Hasbro's Brainstorm or Hardhead. It may mean the only place to get a decent Headmaster re-imagined is a 3rd party.

Agreed. I was hoping that after Scoop, they'd be bringing in a new mould for Spinister, or if not then at least Needlenose. Both have been featured enough and written in with pretty interesting personalities (Spinister is debatable but works for me!). I know Scoop gets a lot of panel time, but he's pretty boring as a character.

Lord_Zed
16th January 2014, 06:32 PM
Agreed. I was hoping that after Scoop, they'd be bringing in a new mould for Spinister, or if not then at least Needlenose. Both have been featured enough and written in with pretty interesting personalities (Spinister is debatable but works for me!). I know Scoop gets a lot of panel time, but he's pretty boring as a character.

I reckon they just did a Scoop mold so he could double as scavenger down the track. Aside from Thunderwing I can't think of any G1 Generations/ classicverse toys with new molds created solely for a toy character who wasn't released in the first 3 years of G1. Scoop got my hopes, now they are dashed.

Sky Shadow
16th January 2014, 06:43 PM
I reckon they just did a Scoop mold so he could double as scavenger down the track. Aside from Thunderwing I can't think of any G1 Generations/ classicverse toys with new molds created solely for a toy character who wasn't released in the first 3 years of G1. Scoop got my hopes, now they are dashed.

That is depressing - Darkmount/Skullgrin might be the closest. And then there's whatever Drift is...

Bidoofdude
16th January 2014, 07:31 PM
That is depressing - Darkmount/Skullgrin might be the closest. And then there's whatever Drift is...

Universe Galvatron maybe?

Sky Shadow
16th January 2014, 07:37 PM
Universe Galvatron maybe?

Even though he was from the 'future', Galvatron was still released in the first three years of G1 (1986.)

griffin
16th January 2014, 09:17 PM
To be fair, Generations was something the "fan" designers at Hasbro have wanted to use to homage/redo as many of the early era characters as possible (the first 2-3 years)... throwing in the odd post-Gen1 character toy where possible (like Beasts), as well as having to commit their resources to fulfil any current event (like WFC, FOC, IDW, Movies).
Now that they have done a fair chunk of those first few years, later era Gen-1 figures start showing up on their "to do" list. Scoop is indeed an odd first choice for double-targetmasters... but as Lord Zed has speculated, it was probably chosen of the six as the easiest to redeco into another toy (to maximise sales). But I just don't think that they'd do Constructicons individually like that... as one-off figures, especially if there was no way of combining them.
They almost got away with doing it for Silverbolt and Onslaught because they were bigger, core figures of those teams... but the Constructicons were the first combiner for Transformers. Proving popular enough to spawn an enduring concept that has not only lasted 29 years (as they were in year 2), but is a concept that fans constantly demand of any new series, and is expected of anything that bears the Constructicons names. (like certain toys "should" be triplechangers if they bear a particular Gen1 name or attempt to homage them)

Bidoofdude
16th January 2014, 09:19 PM
Even though he was from the 'future', Galvatron was still released in the first three years of G1 (1986.)

Oh sorry, thought you meant any character. :p

Lord_Zed
16th January 2014, 11:36 PM

Darkmount and Drift were never original toy characters. Hasbro have shown willingness to make new molds for some G1 comic characters so kudos there, but they seem reluctant to do the same for new versions of later G1 toys.

I guess we will know more when/if we see the rumored Brainstorm and Hardhead, I can envision Hardhead being a repaint of Warpath or Tankor, but I guess we will see.

Golden Phoenix
17th January 2014, 12:22 AM
I guess we will know more when/if we see the rumored Brainstorm and Hardhead, I can envision Hardhead being a repaint of Warpath or Tankor, but I guess we will see.

Didn't they make a Hardhead out of Universe Onslaught?

Bartrim
17th January 2014, 08:05 AM
Didn't they make a Hardhead out of Universe Onslaught?

Yep.

I had high hopes for these toys but am disappointed. I'll still get them though:o

Sky Shadow
17th January 2014, 10:20 AM
This is 'Generations' - if those colours aren't just mocked up by randoms, then they're clearly 'homaging' RiD Jhiaxus, not G2 Jhiaxus.

Bidoofdude
17th January 2014, 07:42 PM
Hope we get some good waves after this one. I'd love a deluxe FOC Slag with Prime Beast Hunters #1. Voyager is a bit big for me, even though that would be out of scale.

DELTAprime
17th January 2014, 09:59 PM
Proving popular enough to spawn an enduring concept that has not only lasted 29 years (as they were in year 2)

Toy wise yes they are 1985, but they did show up in episode 13 meaning they have been with us since 84.

crankcase76
17th January 2014, 10:06 PM
I like the nightbeat color scheme, jiaxus looks ok i guess, i wish alittle more thought had gone into his mould. Will have to wait and see i guess. But will most probably just get nightbeat.

Gouki
20th January 2014, 04:42 PM
The frequent cries of "oh they're not very good at all, but I'll still get them" are pretty much why Hasbro can, and will, keep doing half-arsed redecos. The fans eat it up, despite the bitching.

kup
20th January 2014, 04:55 PM
The frequent cries of "oh they're not very good at all, but I'll still get them" are pretty much why Hasbro can, and will, keep doing half-arsed redecos. The fans eat it up, despite the bitching.

Agreed. I am not getting these repaints.

Like many, I had my hopes up that Hasbro finally 'got it' and would release interesting takes on these characters. Unfortunately 3rd party seems like the way to go if you want a decent post '86 toy characters. Arguably for some 84-86 characters too given some choices.

Trent
20th January 2014, 07:13 PM

Spot on Gouki. This attitude amuses me no end :rolleyes:

Golden Phoenix
20th January 2014, 08:01 PM

That's the problem with plastic-crack.

MayzaPrime
20th January 2014, 09:22 PM
I'm calling shenanigans...

I don't think these are what the figures are going to look like.

Paulbot
22nd June 2014, 09:31 PM
Just noticed in the pics from BotCon on Seibertron (http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/botcon-2014-coverage-newly-revealed-generations-showroom-gallery/30623/), that Nightbeat (as repaint of Bumblebee) is packaged with a comic that has him as a repaint of Jazz on the cover.

So maybe the mold choice swap was a late decision?

Bidoofdude
22nd June 2014, 10:05 PM
Just noticed in the pics from BotCon on Seibertron (http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/botcon-2014-coverage-newly-revealed-generations-showroom-gallery/30623/), that Nightbeat (as repaint of Bumblebee) is packaged with a comic that has him as a repaint of Jazz on the cover.

They probably read all the bitching on TFW. In a rare case, it was for the better. :p The art is going to bug me constantly though when I get the toy.

SuspectimusPrime
22nd June 2014, 10:39 PM

The whole wave is amazing. Happy to have Generations Brainstorm complement FP Smart Robin. Chromia's alt mode might work as a Generations Afterburner?

GoktimusPrime
22nd June 2014, 11:08 PM
Chromia's alt mode might work as a Generations Afterburner?
It's a very effeminately styled robot mode, which works for Chromia, but not for Afterburner. Even if you retooled the head and chest, it still has feminine looking thighs and hips. And the pointed toes would look downright weird on Afterburner. Eh... I'd rather see it redecoed as Moonracer and/or Flareup^Firestar. ;)

Sky Shadow
23rd June 2014, 12:55 AM
The Generations line has a bunch of Wreckers who basically combine into Emirate Xaaron. There's no reason why Generations Afterburner can't be from a 'Generation' where Afterburner is female.

SuspectimusPrime
23rd June 2014, 01:11 AM
It's a very effeminately styled robot mode, which works for Chromia, but not for Afterburner. Even if you retooled the head and chest, it still has feminine looking thighs and hips. And the pointed toes would look downright weird on Afterburner.

I'd have to disagree and say a remoulded head/chest just might work - it's a bit of a stretch and would have to depend on the chest design. However I do not think her arms/legs are uniquely feminine the same way Arcee's are (very thin biceps, and larger thigh to calf ratio).

Eh... I'd rather see it redecoed as Moonracer and/or Flareup^Firestar. ;)

Also good choices :) Yes, I do prefer keeping moulds to their original-purpose-genders. Movie Fracture and to some extent TFCC FSS Slipstream works, but Botcon Strika is a bit weird.

Sinnertwin
23rd June 2014, 11:46 AM
I'd have to disagree and say a remoulded head/chest just might work - it's a bit of a stretch and would have to depend on the chest design. However I do not think her arms/legs are uniquely feminine the same way Arcee's are (very thin biceps, and larger thigh to calf ratio).

Yeah, new head, square off those feet, new chest piece & i'd be happy with that. They don't all have to conform to the stereotypical wide shoulders & small waist with the Schwarzenegger arms routine -just look at Bulkhead, he's a blob with limbs

kup
23rd June 2014, 11:57 AM
The 'Not-Camaro' Bumblebee mold for Nightbeat works a lot better than Jazz. Too bad for the MISB collectors though as the mismatch cover/toy is a bit weird.

GoktimusPrime
23rd June 2014, 11:09 PM
Bring on Generations Minerva --- EH! :p

Hursticon
24th June 2014, 11:34 PM
I'm going to hold out in hope that TakaraTomy release Jhiaxus in their "Legends" line, with a far more G2 Comic-accurate repaint. :o;)

http://i1032.photobucket.com/albums/a409/Darkone666au/Crap/cover3_zps0d7753bf.jpg

Trent
25th June 2014, 07:17 AM
^That's the Jhiaxus we need ;)

griffin
14th August 2014, 11:42 PM
Some pics of the new Jhiaxus toy (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/transformers-generations-classics-30-35/in-hand-images-of-transformers-generations-deluxe-jhiaxus-180954/), now that it is apparently out somewhere in Asia.

VERT
15th August 2014, 08:22 AM
Mine is in the mail with the other three figures from Robotkingdom

VERT
15th August 2014, 08:28 AM
Mine is in the mail with the other three figures from Robotkingdom. So yes they are out

Sinnertwin
15th August 2014, 10:19 PM
Yeah, Chimungmung also has a set of four (nightbeat, windblade, crosscut, geeaxeus) for $80 + $25 UsD shipping