PDA

View Full Version : M.A.S.K. toys?

spiderken17
19th January 2014, 09:00 PM
Does any know a good place to get m.a.s.k. stuff besides ebay? Its the same stuff on there and they are always overpriced.
Cheers

Sam
19th January 2014, 09:40 PM
I have not checked any of these prices, so they could be a lot worse than eBay's prices, but a quick search provided me with some links:

http://www.transformerland.com/store/search4.php?gen=1005&OTN=M.A.S.K.

http://www.bigislandtoys.com/mask.htm

http://www.toyloft.co.uk/cart/mask.htm

WeallscreamforStarscream
20th January 2014, 11:12 AM
Im a huge fan of M.A.S.K.... Planning on re-collecting as well.. had a flick on ebay not long ago and OMG so expensive.

i know one thing i'll be doing for my kids is NOT throwing out any of their toys (and not letting them throw any toy out either lol)

drifand
20th January 2014, 12:14 PM
Mine were all thrown....:(

I had quite a number, sucks as they were good toys bashing around and wont break like collector's toys nowadays.

I has Starcom as well.

Come to think of it there are hardly anymore nice cartoons like these anymore.

ChlorHex
20th January 2014, 12:55 PM
Mine were thrown into the garbage bins in my teens...
I regret it a little but not that much as I derived a lot of fun with em and they were really worn out and used by then... unlike my transformers that I took real good care of.
Raven was my favorite MASK toy.

Hey, you need to join FB toy collector groups as there were a couple going for cheap recently.
MIB stuff with stickers unapplied.
Mostly the series with the 2 figures... The other being a doppleganger and made in translucent plastic.
I've no clue on their names.

WeallscreamforStarscream
20th January 2014, 07:04 PM
i tried to watch the cartoon late last year... just cant do it.. too hard and i think it's too old :(

lancalot
20th January 2014, 07:08 PM
i tried to watch the cartoon late last year... just cant do it.. too hard and i think it's too old :(

it didn't age too good hey?... I use to love the cartoon and the toys also...I think I still got the figure somewhere around the garage among the millions of boxes here :rolleyes:....

Prowl
20th January 2014, 07:40 PM
it didn't age too good hey?... I use to love the cartoon and the toys also...I think I still got the figure somewhere around the garage among the millions of boxes here :rolleyes:....

Yup don't go wrecking those childhood memories guys :). M.A.S.K. is one of the worst at that as it is so ridiculously wholesome & has the obligatory "safety message" in every episode like so many from the 80's.

Sharky
20th January 2014, 08:09 PM
I think I have about half a dozen vehicles in a box somewhere that I was going to sell one day when I get reorganized. I did love the show and toys growing up

Tober
20th January 2014, 08:44 PM
Have you tried looking on eBay UK and other European countries? I seem to remember there being absolute bargains from Italy and maybe Denmark... That was a few years ago though.

I have Thunderhawk, Switchblade and Condor, those were amongst my faves as a kid, along with Manta. Between my brother and me we had most of them, still tucked away in a garage somewhere in various states of playwear.

And yeah, loved the show as a kid, but I can't stand watching it anymore now.

spiderken17
21st January 2014, 09:02 PM
My brother and I only had a few as kids but it was easily one of my faves. Who doesn't like vehicles that turn into war machines. We used to make Lego ones since we didn't have more M.A.S.K toys.

Lord_Zed
21st January 2014, 09:37 PM
I've found mask toys to be awfully fragile, cool as they are it's hard to find ones in perfect condition.

As for the cartoon, I don't think it is that much worse than the other toy commercial toons, it is a might slower though. To be honest I can't watch more than an episode of most of those old shows without getting bored, Transformers included.

I do find it amusing that in the final season Venom dis the PSA's though. Who knew that all of Venom just hung out at Miles Mayhem's mansion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62obLYPprQM

Who knew Miles was such a paternal figure.

Sinnertwin
22nd January 2014, 02:49 PM

The cartoon bored me to tears. After a few episodes all i wanted to do was rip off T-Bob's limbs & put the Switchblade into a nosedive
The toys on the other hand were all kinds of awesome :D

spiderken17
7th February 2014, 06:22 PM
Speaking of all kinds of awesome. Look and ask and ye shall receive. I picked these up from a private sale for a good price. Best of all they are all complete! Masks and all. This guy has had them since childhood and looked after them. He was happy they were going to a good home.
Stinger is my favourite (being a muscle car fan and all). The chrome wear on them is bad but that is something M.A.S.K. toys are known for.

http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u229/spiderken17/P2050002_zps4f095587.jpg

Pow! Transforming time!

http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u229/spiderken17/P2050003_zpsa02f8cf5.jpg

Destructicon
9th April 2014, 07:21 PM
As someone suggested above on Facebook there are a few groups you can join. For example try Aussie Geek Collector or Australian Action Figure Collector. Look for a guy named Jerome he currently has Rhino and Vampire for sale both boxed. He also has some nice generation 1 Transformers and MOTU stuff as well. :) And finally if you haven't already check out www.matt-trakker.com they have some interesting information on all things M.A.S.K.

techx
24th September 2017, 09:22 AM
Mine were all thrown....:(

I had quite a number, sucks as they were good toys bashing around and wont break like collector's toys nowadays.

I has Starcom as well.

Come to think of it there are hardly anymore nice cartoons like these anymore.

I loved Starcom back then. Do you have a gallery of your Starcom collection?

drifand
25th September 2017, 10:21 PM
I loved Starcom back then. Do you have a gallery of your Starcom collection?

Nah I was playing my toys. Would not think they were collectors items.