PDA

View Full Version : amiami (Japan) feedback

charcoal17
20th January 2014, 10:15 AM
Hey all,

i can't seem to find any recent feedback on this site, can anyone that has used them let me know what your experience has been like? For example, condition of item, packaging, postage and etc... In addition, do they usually offer any "specials" such as (from an older thread), shipping discounts or discount codes for $XX?

Thanks!

Shirokaze
20th January 2014, 10:49 AM
I've bought from them a few times now and I can vouch for the condition everything arrived in and the promptness of delivery. I've not stumbled upon any coupon codes, but they do have a loyalty points program.

drifand
20th January 2014, 11:27 AM
Great for kits, toys is a real Lotto win if they are available for you to add to cart.

What I am saying is they are one of the dead cheapest online store selling most of the toys and kits cheap. Problem is most of their stock is ALWAYS sold out. :mad:

Take a look at their smokescreen or Streak for masterpiece and you see them as sold out. There are sometimes you get the lucky occasion where they have stock.

1. Ordering, make sure you have all your items (in stock) if you want combine ship.
- if its pre-order there isn't guarantees that using ship by month means everything of that month will be shipped. Give and take get ready for slight inconveniences.

2. Packaging is okay, like HLJ but slightly thinner box. I am fine with this. Shipping as depending on price and size you may be forced to take EMS for certain goods. Make sure you see what you choose for shipping method.

3. I have no major issues with them, I only question their stock levels as I think they only bring in 3 pieces or so as people suspected they don't want dead stock in their inventory.

4. They have point system, so the more you purchase the more points you get and you can use points to reduces your cost i next purchase. Good if you are regular customer.

hope this helps.

Sinnertwin
20th January 2014, 11:33 AM
They really need to address their inventory management.
I don't even bother looking there anymore. What's the point when every item i click on is Sold Out? If it's out of stock, mark it as such.

drifand
20th January 2014, 11:42 AM
They really need to address their inventory management.
I don't even bother looking there anymore. What's the point when every item i click on is Sold Out? If it's out of stock, mark it as such.

yeah...pretty much, I think Transformers masterpiece is almost doomed on every single piece like Wheeljack etc....

I buy Gunpla from them and it seems like they have more model kits in stock than a toys.

The only other interesting thing is they do have pre-owned items which you may find bargains sometimes but not always.

Lint
20th January 2014, 12:43 PM
toys is a real Lotto win if they are available for you to add to cart.

This

The site has become extremely popular over the last few years (especially outside of Japan) and the quantity of TF's they stock doesn't seem to have risen to match demand. I havent ordered from them for a couple of years now but they were pretty good.

drifand
20th January 2014, 01:23 PM
Mind you, I have stayed for a pre order before and it was over within 2 minutes. I don't get it.

doublespy
20th January 2014, 01:50 PM
Aside from the extremely small quantities they get for popular items, amiami is all around great. Great prices for both products and shipping (their pre-order prices are generally the lowest across the board), pretty fast dispatch, and decent packing.

Sometimes they have really random back-order for popular items so it's worth to keep an eye out if you did miss anything.

charcoal17
20th January 2014, 08:33 PM
Thanks for the prompt replies :). So, in summary, it would seem like they're a all round decent retailer with the biggest issue being stock levels (especially for Transformers).

Guess I'll be ordering my Evangelion stuff here but keep an eye out for Transformer stuff :D

Zippo
22nd January 2014, 05:19 PM
Used to order from them all the time, but you had to be online at the right time they listed TF pre orders to get a chance to pre order (and like HLJ pre ordering does not guarantee you a toy come shipping time.

Order limit of 3 put me off as well if I was looking at them as a source for my pre order threads at TFNZ

ampoldj
28th July 2015, 03:40 PM
Just wanna pop a feedback for my first time order with Amiami.

Lucky to get a Preorder for MP21G Bumble G2 which opened probably a single one on last week June. 4010+1500 yen EMS (about 58aud) paid on friday evening and arrived today (tuesday). Item is well packaged and box is in very good condition. Very happy to order again :D

ampoldj
9th November 2015, 08:13 PM
MP25 Tracks came today (paid last thursday, shipped friday). Box in mint condition!

1AZRAEL1
9th November 2015, 08:44 PM
Never had an issue with Amiami. Payment to being at my door is fast. Fairly good prices too

charcoal17
20th February 2016, 07:55 PM
Ordered 2 MP Ironhides and received 1 unit in the shipper carton.

Made an enquiry to amiami about the order and was informed for them to investigate the claim, they required pictures of
- the shipper carton
- the order invoice
- and the received item/s

Unfortunately, i had disposed of the shipper carton which allegedly contained the order invoice on the shipper carton, hence, they can no longer investigate my claim. It has now become a case of "suck it up, princess".

Short story long.... keep your shipper carton with all contents whenever an issue pops up with the order!

UltraMarginal
20th February 2016, 10:31 PM
Ordered 2 MP Ironhides and received 1 unit in the shipper carton.

Made an enquiry to amiami about the order and was informed for them to investigate the claim, they required pictures of
- the shipper carton
- the order invoice
- and the received item/s

Unfortunately, i had disposed of the shipper carton which allegedly contained the order invoice on the shipper carton, hence, they can no longer investigate my claim. It has now become a case of "suck it up, princess".

Short story long.... keep your shipper carton with all contents whenever an issue pops up with the order!

I recommend photographing every carton you recieve, sealed and through the opening process. I nearly always do.

you could submit a partial claim through however you paid perhaps.

charcoal17
21st February 2016, 02:21 PM
Cheers for the tip, will definitely be taking photos of future orders from now on.

As for the partial claims route, once again, thanks. But I'll just suck it up. I don't have much in the way of evidence to back up my claim...

drifand
21st February 2016, 03:17 PM
Cheers for the tip, will definitely be taking photos of future orders from now on.

As for the partial claims route, once again, thanks. But I'll just suck it up. I don't have much in the way of evidence to back up my claim...

Yup plus you must raise a complaint through Aust post and you must explain what is wrong , bring the whole shebang to their counter so they can witness.
You will get a claim no which you can provide to amiami or any online store if any should happen again.

doublespy
27th April 2016, 04:52 PM
A new record today with amiami's air small packet: my MP Ratchet was sent on Friday and I received it today (3 business days).

Paid 1540 yen (about $18) for it. Pretty reasonable for such fast delivery if you ask me.

BigTransformerTrev
11th July 2016, 12:26 PM
I was able to pick up a Pochaco figure that was second hand from their used figure section - I found their grading of the figure to be quite accurate which isn't always the easiest thing to do with pre-owned stuff

Darkness
7th April 2017, 07:27 AM
Mp36 arrived yesterday.
Reasonable price
Fast shipping
No fuss

graza78
29th May 2017, 07:25 PM
Mp-36 arrived today (only ordered last week). Packed well, in a box that had "Fragile" all over it. Unopened, no orange plugs. Very happy :)

(Thanks to drifand for recommending AmiAmi!)

DaptoDog
29th May 2017, 07:29 PM
I was also very happy with my MP-36 order. Super quick delivery and well packed.

drifand
29th May 2017, 08:35 PM
Mp-36 arrived today (only ordered last week). Packed well, in a box that had "Fragile" all over it. Unopened, no orange plugs. Very happy :)

(Thanks to drifand for recommending AmiAmi!)

Doh where is mine....lol
It will come at least faster than someone else.

philby
29th May 2017, 11:35 PM
what shipping methods did you choose for MP-36 and how much was it? I notice that you don't get a shipping price until you confirm and submit the order.

hYpNoS
29th May 2017, 11:46 PM
what shipping methods did you choose for MP-36 and how much was it? I notice that you don't get a shipping price until you confirm and submit the order.

I can't give an exact price but from mandarake which pack about the same as amiami ems was roughly $50 from what I've been told.

Or if you wish to work using math know he's 1390grams according to hlj
https://hlj.com/product/TKT87511

And amiami's shipping via ems would hit the 1.4kg mark so it'll be 2,580 (asia)3,540 (oceania/north america) 3,920 (europe) depending on which bracket we sit on
http://www.amiami.com/top/page/t/faq2.html

If you want to try to get him cheaper, littletoycompany is having a pre-order for $230aud for a december re-release (but considering they're in vic no idea if they have ownership permit or not but they're more willing to do a refund if anything goes wrong), or try mandarake and take your chances with an opened/double taped box, cheapest I've seen was 19,000yen and if its from the sahra store you can see the shipping cost before you make your purchase since its basically a warehouse.

Good luck

drifand
29th May 2017, 11:47 PM

Took the sal cheaper one as I think I had spent too much ch if you bought one box at a time it will be about $364 shipped if two boxes it will cost $350 each roughly.

graza78
29th May 2017, 11:52 PM

I chose dhl. 4100 yen. Ordered Thursday, arrived in Perth Saturday night (went through customs) and was sitting in their delivery centre over Sunday. Delivered today (Monday). Overall $362.

My mate bought from RK, totalled just over $400, but got the collector coin as well. $40 for a coin...

Nevac
31st May 2017, 03:25 PM
Do they email you when they ship your order? I paid for my order yesterday but haven't received any email stating if it's shipped yet

drifand
31st May 2017, 03:28 PM
Do they email you when they ship your order? I paid for my order yesterday but haven't received any email stating if it's shipped yet

Yes they do notify once shipped.

drifand
2nd June 2017, 02:38 PM
two Megatrons have arrived. No issues all minty in a huge box.
To me Amiami is still quite pricey these days, and thats my observant from past few items I purchased.

doublespy
3rd June 2017, 08:42 AM
Amiami is great with pre orders and usually has the best discount around. All of my "regular" orders: MPs, JoJo SAS figures and any other Japanese toys every now and then come from them and have never had a problem.

drifand
3rd June 2017, 12:13 PM
Amiami is great with pre orders and usually has the best discount around. All of my "regular" orders: MPs, JoJo SAS figures and any other Japanese toys every now and then come from them and have never had a problem.

No.... let's see sunstreaker from Amiami then you say they have the best prices.

Ae is at 8,400jpy

I willing to bet they be slightly higher.

DaptoDog
3rd June 2017, 12:36 PM
No.... let's see sunstreaker from Amiami then you say they have the best prices.

Ae is at 8,400jpy

Amiami, NY and AE are all about the same. And AE require upfront payment whereas the other two allow you to pay later. I know which I prefer.

doublespy
6th June 2017, 11:12 AM

Ae is at 8,400jpy

Did you not see the "usually" part or you just like to be right all the time?

micfox001
6th June 2017, 11:35 AM
Amiami, NY and AE are all about the same. And AE require upfront payment whereas the other two allow you to pay later. I know which I prefer.

what is NY?

DaptoDog
6th June 2017, 11:40 AM
what is NY?

Nippon-Yassan (https://www.nippon-yasan.com)

drifand
6th June 2017, 12:04 PM
Did you not see the "usually" part or you just like to be right all the time?

In most of the time one to two years back I would agree Amiami would be Usually the cheapest. However, as I been price comparing a few items I have noticed that they are now on par with HLJ.

I am just pointing out that Amiami isn't the usual cheap spot as we normally expect them to be in case you were not aware of their pricing lately cheers.

micfox001
6th June 2017, 03:43 PM
In most of the time one to two years back I would agree Amiami would be Usually the cheapest. However, as I been price comparing a few items I have noticed that they are now on par with HLJ.

I am just pointing out that Amiami isn't the usual cheap spot as we normally expect them to be in case you were not aware of their pricing lately cheers.

Also, I heard that nowadays an item whose price is over some threshold (cannot remember the figure) cannot be shipped with SAL Small Packet (Unregistered) in Amiami or HLJ.. I am not sure if it is the case for AE or NY, though.

The postage sometimes really kills...

drifand
6th June 2017, 04:07 PM
Also, I heard that nowadays an item whose price is over some threshold (cannot remember the figure) cannot be shipped with SAL Small Packet (Unregistered) in Amiami or HLJ.. I am not sure if it is the case for AE or NY, though.

I believe for HLJ if item is above 20,000 if I am not wrong, you can't choose the cheaper postage, BUT mind you normally when the item is big and heavy HLJ works out to be cheaper using EMS.

Amiami, lets you choose what you want but they will lay out the different available options including DHL.

AE, sucks, they can list the cheaper option but when the item comes they actually tells you that option is not available so you been played out in some cases.

Hobbysearch has also a limit of 18,000jpy and auto EMS I think.

Only NY has the option to choose whatever you want. I have used by boat, and by Eco Air and in some cases air registered.

Going back to Amiami, there have been cases they are listing at above RRP including tax for new pre order items.

I used them on a second or third choice option when the cheaper options are sold out.

Nevac
6th June 2017, 05:05 PM
Received all 3 Megatron's I ordered from Ami Ami today placed order on 28/05/17 paid for orders on 30th and they shipped on the 31st so about 4 business days to ship with EMS. All in great condition.

kovert
6th June 2017, 05:12 PM

IIRC, AmiAmi threshold for SAL is ¥8,000. HLJ threshold is ¥15,000.

ampoldj
10th January 2018, 09:16 AM
I ordered MP10B and Sunstreaker with them using Air Mail and it arrived as quick as an EMS :eek:

drifand
8th December 2018, 09:26 AM
I have noticed an increased in prices from AmiAmi, and their website is actually bad to navigate around.

Due to significant price increase and I mean as high or higher than HLJ, and GST is involved, I now use this as a last resort.

drifand
12th January 2021, 08:04 AM
My order for an item is in limbo. their communication seems to be very slow. a bit disappointed.