PDA

View Full Version : BBTS availability.

Jinto
22nd January 2014, 09:38 AM
I get the impression BBTS is hving delays with their shipping and receiving, does anyone else know anything? They seem to be getting their stock later and later than everyone else.
They're 2 waves behind on Hasbro TF figures and I've already seen people talking about receiving various 3rd party figures while BBTS still has them on preorder. In some cases they aren't sheduled to arrive for a couple of months.

Is this their normal situation and I just haven't noticed until now?

griffin
22nd January 2014, 02:27 PM
Sometimes they miss out on a wave or get less than they ordered, and it puts them out of schedule waiting for it.
And if demand drops off for a certain series, then they might stop getting more in until they sell enough of the old stock.

Jinto
22nd January 2014, 03:32 PM
Ok thanks. I might have to start shopping more widely.

DELTAprime
22nd January 2014, 06:05 PM
My Voyager Whirl and Wave 2? Deluxes are in my POL as of today. if thats what your waiting on they should be in your POL soon.

griffin
22nd January 2014, 06:20 PM
The wave of Deluxes before those have been held up, due to limited stock from Hasbro.... and now that Hasbro America have released the Scoop wave, I kinda doubt BBTS would get the Waspy wave now.
If there is a revision wave later with older figures re-released, we'd get lucky... but even revision waves rarely have redecos re-released (Goldfire & Dreadwing could be even harder to find now).
Perhaps keep an eye out for other sources stocking that wave, or still have it in stock... since it has been a couple months since they were released now.

DELTAprime
22nd January 2014, 06:22 PM
BTW, anyone know if it's just BBTS waiting on the Kids Logic Prime or are other stores waiting also? It's the last thing I want in my POL before I ship it.

Jinto
22nd January 2014, 08:51 PM
The wave of Deluxes before those have been held up, due to limited stock from Hasbro.... and now that Hasbro America have released the Scoop wave, I kinda doubt BBTS would get the Waspy wave now.
If there is a revision wave later with older figures re-released, we'd get lucky... but even revision waves rarely have redecos re-released (Goldfire & Dreadwing could be even harder to find now).
Perhaps keep an eye out for other sources stocking that wave, or still have it in stock... since it has been a couple months since they were released now.

*head-desk* So what you're saying is my pre-orders are unlikely to arrive and I should probably have my kidneys removed and sold now, if I ever want to see a Waspinator or Skids. :(

BigTransformerTrev
22nd January 2014, 09:05 PM
My Voyager Whirl and Wave 2? Deluxes are in my POL as of today. if thats what your waiting on they should be in your POL soon.

Yeah, mine came in today too. And I was getting so much credit from my wife for not having bought any toys this month :p

KalEl
22nd January 2014, 09:16 PM
if found their shipping has been slow lately. ie; processing to warehouse then warehouse to shipped has been slow.

Sinnertwin
22nd January 2014, 09:33 PM
*head-desk* So what you're saying is my pre-orders are unlikely to arrive and I should probably have my kidneys removed and sold now, if I ever want to see a Waspinator or Skids. :(

Save kidneys, order off Robotkingdom. $63 for set of 4 ;) There are +/- 5 sets left
I just did & will can my BBTS preorder once i have them in hand
http://www.robotkingdom.com/379860794-1.html

DELTAprime
23rd January 2014, 05:44 PM
if found their shipping has been slow lately. ie; processing to warehouse then warehouse to shipped has been slow.

I clicked to ship my POL last night at 11pm Qld time. Got a ship notification at 8am Qld time, I think thats good timing especially given how big my order is.

As for people complaining about the lag between when BBTS says an order has shipped and when the USPS "receives" it the problem there is the USPS. When I order from the US anything with USPS delivery and tracking it always takes days for it to show up at the nearest DC.

Because last nights POL was so big I got upgraded to UPS delivery, it's already gone through the exit scan by the US Customs folks and should be on a plane here soon.

Verno
24th January 2014, 10:46 AM
I just got an email from BBTS:

Hi - We wanted to update you about the status of your preorder for Generation Deluxe Wave 01 figures. Hasbro unfortunately had a large shortage on this assortment and filled only 20% of our order, which is extremely unusual. We were recently notified that no more inventory was available and nothing further would be shipped to us. Using our large supply network we were able to track down a significant amount of inventory from another market (at $135 a case!) We are very pleased to be able to fill your preorders on this item, and we apologize for the delay. Hasbro typically does not have supply issues this severe on initial orders so we needed to give them some time to give us final word on if they would be able to ship more product to us or not. Cases, Sets, and Singles for Dreadwing, Goldfire, and Waspinator will fill in early February after our shipment arrives. Roughly 70% of the Skids preorders will fill in early February. If you ordered more than 2 pieces, your preorders for additional pieces over 2 have been moved to the end of the line so we can attempt to get 1 or 2 pieces to as many people as possible. We will attempt to find more Skids, but it is possible that we may not be able to. Preorders for Skids placed before 12/17 will fill, preorders between 12/17 and 12/25 will likely fill if we see typical cancellation rates, preorders 12/26 and later may not fill, but we will do our best. We will pull the Skids from any cancelled/unpaid case and set orders as well, so that should improve everyone's chances.

Thanks for buying from BBTS, and sorry again about the delay. Above all else we want to be your go-to source for Transformers and we'll do everything we can to fill your orders.

Thanks
Joel Boblit
President

So that's... good, I guess. Better late than never.

Seraphim Prime
24th January 2014, 11:04 AM
I just got an email from BBTS:

So that's... good, I guess. Better late than never.

I was about to post the same thing!

It's unfortunate for Joel and the team that Hasbro appears to have left the. In the lurch, but in BBTS style they appear to have gone out of their way to get the stock to fill the orders (at what appears to be a loss - given that their selling price for the case was only $105 from memory).

At least we finally have an answer about the delay.

DELTAprime
24th January 2014, 03:19 PM
That is why I'm getting my Hasbro toys from BBTS. They have to be the best online retailer of toys from a customer service point of view.

M-bot
24th January 2014, 07:01 PM
I got my pre-order in around 13/12 so I know I'll be one of the 70%. Feeling a bit relieved I won't need to hunt around for him.

I do get a little annoyed at preorders at BBTS sometimes getting pushed back month after month, but overall, BBTS customer service rocks!