PDA

View Full Version : tfidownunder (Australia) feedback

Pages : 1 2 [3]

drifand
19th July 2016, 12:34 AM
Maketoys have no regrets though, they still insist on tfi as their only distributor in Australia .

I thought the new website should have been made by now.

MEEEGGGAAATTTRRROOONNN!!!
19th July 2016, 12:47 AM
Maketoys have no regrets though, they still insist on tfi as their only distributor in Australia .

LOL! They're going to be in for a surprise! :D

Borgeman
19th July 2016, 07:46 AM
I just sent an email off to the ACCC so ill wait on that

Up to you but all you are doing now is wasting your own time. The ACCC aint gonna do jack in the short term. If you really want your coin back just brute force it.

drifand
19th July 2016, 09:15 AM
Up to you but all you are doing now is wasting your own time. The ACCC aint gonna do jack in the short term. If you really want your coin back just brute force it.

I need to raise this as well and agree here.
ACCC won't help you till ages later but Banks and Paypal will.
ACCC just record what happens and just tells the owner that he filed a complaint. They won't push or force anything.

SuspectimusPrime
19th July 2016, 09:37 AM
This is bad comedy. They should have cut their losses lonnnggg ago rather than assume that the same model that didn't work when they a) had more money(?), b) a slightly more optimistic customer base, and c) better economic conditions to work with, will work now.

The Letter M
19th July 2016, 10:53 AM
ACCC won't help you till ages later but Banks and Paypal will.

I wound up going through PayPal for all of my refunds and got it back successfully.

Micktimus
19th July 2016, 02:26 PM
Hi guys

How would I go about it from the bank angle as I did a direct deposit at the time.

If I used PayPal I'd know what to do.

reillyd
19th July 2016, 04:35 PM
Its sad to read all these burned buyers, and my heart really goes out to you all. They were crooked to deal with, and seem to have hurt a lot of people.

You probably won't ever get an apology from them, but you all deserve one.

Tober
19th July 2016, 05:06 PM
They have cancelled there ABN so I guess I'm screwed.

Without a purchase through a line of credit you have no real protection. I know $180 is quite a lot, but it will not be worth the time trying to take any sort of debt recovery action.

Even if you do, you will need to document every transaction, action and communication you have had with them.

I was going through several transaction disputes with them through PayPal and Mastercard. In the end they still owed me $180 + $10 shipping for an item which I was about to pursue through Mastercard, and $190 for another item through PayPal, which they then sent out after being contacted by PayPal directly. A week later I also got a dispute refund through PayPal for the same item because they didn't update the dispute status... I then decided to drop the Mastercard charge-back as it all evened out in the end. TFI then insisting I refund the money I had "reached into their account and stolen" almost made it all worthwhile. :D

DaptoDog
19th July 2016, 05:07 PM
Hi guys

How would I go about it from the bank angle as I did a direct deposit at the time.

If I used PayPal I'd know what to do.

Unfortunately I'd expect it's unlikely you will be able to get back the money on a direct deposit but all you can do is contact your bank and discuss the situation with them. In future, Paypal or Credit card payments will give you the most buyer protection in case a transaction turns sour.

Tober
19th July 2016, 05:16 PM
Its sad to read all these burned buyers, and my heart really goes out to you all. They were crooked to deal with, and seem to have hurt a lot of people.

You probably won't ever get an apology from them, but you all deserve one.

That's the thing, they were alright to begin with. Things were often clumsy, but they were basically honest. I would have had about a dozen transactions that were fulfilled, until things started going down-hill real fast, because they were not set up to deal with market fluctuations and the inevitable competition by start-ups that knew how to operate properly. Communication problems with their customers and suppliers was always going to put them under.

reillyd
19th July 2016, 05:54 PM
That's the thing, they were alright to begin with. Things were often clumsy, but they were basically honest. I would have had about a dozen transactions that were fulfilled, until things started going down-hill real fast, because they were not set up to deal with market fluctuations and the inevitable competition by start-ups that knew how to operate properly. Communication problems with their customers and suppliers was always going to put them under.

I believe your experiences might differ from that of some other customers? Their behaviour was very shady early on with spamming of the Ozformers boards, and I think a lot of us were silent about our experiences initially because we didn't want to tarnish a man's livelihood..... we were all very trusting because the vast majority of us have always had largely positive experiences with other ozformers members.

We're a good bunch here, we help each other out and post findings at retail and trade toys at fair prices rather than scalping. But when a member is dishonest, it hurts us all.

Borgeman
19th July 2016, 08:10 PM
I believe your experiences might differ from that of some other customers? Their behaviour was very shady early on with spamming of the Ozformers boards, and I think a lot of us were silent about our experiences initially because we didn't want to tarnish a man's livelihood..... we were all very trusting because the vast majority of us have always had largely positive experiences with other ozformers members.

We're a good bunch here, we help each other out and post findings at retail and trade toys at fair prices rather than scalping. But when a member is dishonest, it hurts us all.

I'll disclaimer this by stating this is just a heavy guesstimate based on my own correspondent with TFI, along with everything posted on fb.

It looks like you got your goods in the early days, more so because the order volumes were lower. It seems as if their problems really started to mount when they started going big on order numbers - CW Devi being the main one. Also I have a feeling he may have been confirming orders with the OEMs for some smaller releases before even collecting payment, and the growing debt from those over time caused the below to happen.

With all of this "order now pay later" preorder system, I reckon they had outstanding invoices not fully paid from earlier orders due to people not paying/bailing from orders, and lets say they used the very punctual payments for Devi (such as myself) to see off those payments. Meanwhile they had unsold stock from those older orders, and money now owing from the big Devi order. Once they got paid from say 75% of Devi customers, they used what money was still there to order a shipment to cover say half the orders, and lets assume they filled the first 50% who paid (like me).

At this point, they had half the devi orders still to fill, with no money left to pay, as it was tied up in unsold stock, and customers who hadnt paid. I reckon some party decided to ring up what they were owed and thats when it went belly up. People were then slowly either receiving their order (from I assume sea freight that just took ages), or a refund as the on hand stock got sold. Then it looks like that stopped as well

To the people who are still owed money, you're only recourse is via Paypal, or the banks

Oztron
8th August 2016, 01:53 PM

Yeah I brought several figures off them then May last year it all went down hill

drifand
25th August 2016, 04:05 PM
I believe they are no longer available.

Maketoys had acknowledged looking at alternative distributor.
If you are still making an order at this stage , you are stepping into no response.

micfox001
29th August 2016, 10:05 AM
who would be the new distributor of MT? PC?

MrTrick
29th August 2016, 10:21 AM
I know this seems rare judging from the last few posts here's a positive experience.
About 2 or 3 weeks ago, TFI posted on Facebook they received replacement parts for MT Cupola, I asked for one, and within a week received an unexpected phone call from the TFI owner confirming my address details etc.

Got the replacement parts free of charge (no postage either) in 2 days.
:)

drifand
29th August 2016, 11:01 AM
who would be the new distributor of MT? PC?

You can email maketoys to ask. I only know maketoys is aware tfi is not available. Even Facebook page have no updates. I had no new updates from maketoys and I am buying from Singapore. And no PC has declined taking up maketoys so is open to others.

As for Good or bad experience don't matter as if they are not available then is pointless to mislead any member here to buy anything if they are allowed to even without an abn. If you are trading with him directly and know him of course is a safer bet otherwise I would proceed carefully. Last post updates was 04/08/16 but no new toys updates.

Till they officially resurface I would wait, that's my advice. They are most welcome to come back to give more competition to the market

OptimusNerd
9th October 2016, 05:09 PM
And no PC has declined taking up maketoys so is open to others.

Really? I thought PC had courted Maketoys and got a no from them because of pre existing relationship with TFIDU... Maybe more happened later? Interesting.

drifand
9th October 2016, 06:11 PM
Really? I thought PC had courted Maketoys and got a no from them because of pre existing relationship with TFIDU... Maybe more happened later? Interesting.

To be precise, PC said no to them due to collaboration with tfi which I think is a respected choice and I think wise move.

I have no issues buying Desportron from elsewhere anyway and I can see a few members already gotten it, this should not be a issue at all whether tfi is still around.

Nothing will happen more unless maketoys approach PC themselves.

1AZRAEL1
23rd December 2016, 03:40 AM
If anyone is still waiting for refunds, an update was posted to FB last night

Trent
23rd December 2016, 05:25 AM
Well, despite anything else, props to him for seemingly trying to get people their money back.

Firefox
16th May 2017, 01:43 PM
Sad to see people got burnt here and sad to see another Aussie business went down. I nearly got burnt until I told the seller that I will take action through bank. He then promptly refund me. But it take twice to get the refund back. From then on I stopped dealing with TFI. I could smell something was not right then. But at least the owner is still relatively honest. He owned up his mistake then and apologized. Unlike PC, it a totally another kettle of rotten fish.

alfa156
8th July 2017, 02:45 PM
Gee, I was wondering how this business was doing, I had issues with them back in 2015, filed a paypal dispute and he wouldn't ship unless I retracted the paypal dispute claiming it doesn't work that way, he sent me lots of nasty emails and made legal threats, accused me of lying about things they'd said on Facebook that I still have screeshots of, all because I waited and waited with no response to numerous emails and facebook posts about my order then used my paypal protections, I can't recall how long it went on for but it was weeks. I refused to retract the dispute of course and eventually got the item, but the service was just shocking and he acted like a real prick.