PDA

View Full Version : tfidownunder (Australia) feedback

Pages : [1] 2 3

WIIGII
23rd January 2014, 12:37 PM
https://www.facebook.com/tfidownunder

Just thought i'd give some feedback to this small online Australian TF store slowly blooming up.

Overall feedback: A++++++

Even though they're not fully operational yet, i've been in contact with them via facebook and i have to say, i'm VERY satisfied with them.

I ordered MMC Hexatron- for a VERY good price- much cheaper than buying from any other overseas retailers. Customer support and communication has been excellent. Packaging and delivery of Hexatron was top notch and arrived within 2-3 days (they're based in QLD i think).

They have a few 3rd party and Takara/Masterpiece products coming in soon. Their website may not be functional yet- but give them a private message over FB and they'll be sure to make arrangements to order/hold products for you. With all the new tempting 3P and MP products coming soon and expensive prices from overseas retailers, i'm holding out for when this site goes fully operational.

Keep on the lookout for this site when it starts up- i know i'll be :)

And most importantly- it'll be supporting a local Australian supplier of much wanted Transformer products, so get in on it XD

spiderken17
24th January 2014, 08:54 PM
Was his the guy who started all the drama on here a few months back?

Firestorm
24th January 2014, 10:44 PM
sort of, the owner of that site was one of the people involved in that incident, but for the sake of this forum and his site I think it's best not to bring that back up

WIIGII
25th January 2014, 01:37 PM
Was his the guy who started all the drama on here a few months back?
i'm not sure of what drama occurred a few months ago- i don't frequent these boards as often as i used to (and no need to bring up this incident- don't wana start anything like Firestorm says). My intentions were to just give feedback on my experience so far with this site as i can see they're slowly coming along. As i said- from my personal experience so far they're reliable to me.

spiderken17
26th January 2014, 08:04 AM
i'm not sure of what drama occurred a few months ago- i don't frequent these boards as often as i used to (and no need to bring up this incident- don't wana start anything like Firestorm says). My intentions were to just give feedback on my experience so far with this site as i can see they're slowly coming along. As i said- from my personal experience so far they're reliable to me.

That's cool, I wasn't having a go or anything. I was just curious as to who was involved with that site. I like to know who I am dealing with before I send them my money, especially on an untested site. That you are happy with your purchase bodes well, hopefully we get some more positive feedback about them and we can get some good bargains.

reillyd
26th January 2014, 08:36 PM
I think some of the drama, and why many were dubious was that it all seemed premature (e.g. Calling it tfidownunder.com but not registering the domain name, promising extremely hot prices before the stock was avail., starting numerous threads to promote it, etc.)

It would be great to see a reliable and cost friendly TF store succeed , as we need more competition. I look forward to seeing their website when it is up (just redirects to fb now) and would definitely try a purchase if they take Paypal. The enthusiasm is admirable, but I'd like to hear from others if they have had any dealings, for good or for ill. Your post read more like an advertorial than a spontaneous review (eg A+++++)

UltraMac
16th February 2014, 04:43 PM
I have have dealings with this shop.. all up a very good experience, I would definitely buy again from him.

Pig's_A_King
26th March 2014, 08:32 PM
I live in qld too.. but expess post is more than $22... in same state? regardless i ordered it.. Havent seen it that cheap or available locally before... Got like 4 emails confirming my order... See when i get... Ordered it at 1am today

unexpectedpanda
5th April 2014, 03:29 PM
Everything arrive as expected Pig's_A_King? Some of the pricing is indeed impressive.

lobes
6th April 2014, 12:23 AM
I also ordered and received springer. Amazing prices and good service and the springer is badass!

Pig's_A_King
6th April 2014, 04:35 AM
They stuffed up the express postage... they did refund the difference... Took thwm about three days to process the order.. Other than that.. Pretty good.. Happy with the service... My springer box could have been in better nick, but for 20$ i can't complain.. I do reccomend tfi

unexpectedpanda
6th April 2014, 07:54 AM
Cheers guys!

Kapryiath
7th April 2014, 08:11 PM
well i just placed an order with tfi, and paid the extra for express, am interested to see how quickly i get a shipping notification

Kapryiath
24th April 2014, 10:14 PM
well !
as above i ordered xtransbots krank and stax a fortnight ago and selected the express postage option which seemed a little expensive but i ran with it , i was contacted the next morning confirming my order and i was informed that my items would be posted out on friday and i was issued a partial refund as there aus post plug in had overcharged for postage. * see comments at end of post*
Items arrived on monday i think, upon opening them up i found that stax was fine but unfortunately my krank had quite a few QC issues so i got a hold of tfi and provided them with some photo's of the problems straight away i was offered a replacement krank at no cost to myself if i could just post back the broken one they would reimburse me the postage cost . so i returned the broken one and had a new one posted out (tfi offered to open and check over the figure for qc issues to save any further problems which i gladly accepted) krank arrived today and is issue free!

All in all i'v e been nothing but impressed with TFI responses were prompt and courteous there willingness to replace my figure with no cost of return postage on me was excellent

My only complaint is that when i choose express postage in my opinion it implies that your selecting express service as well , what use is express postage if it takes 4 days for it to be posted.
in saying that its just a learning curve next time i'll jsut pay for registered snail mail and be content waiting :)

Dead End
15th May 2014, 04:09 PM
They've got Bumblebee and Wheeljack up for pre-order now at pretty reasonable prices, the big draw for me is the dosh you'd save on postage.

Sinnertwin
15th May 2014, 05:33 PM
They've got Bumblebee and Wheeljack up for pre-order now at pretty reasonable prices, the big draw for me is the dosh you'd save on postage.

Depends were you preordered it from & were you're based
Amiami had it available for preorder for ¥5250 ($54.94) while TFi have it for on sale for $15 dearer at $69.95.
I'd say depending on which state you're in, the difference would be negligible at best.

Tfiguy
3rd June 2014, 01:42 PM
Hi guys, thanks so much for your time and kind words and believe me we are listening. We've done a massive overhaul of the shipping costs after so much time wasted with the inaccuracy of the Aust post plug in. Sometimes it would be right on the money, others it would be way too high and others it would be way too low. This has been nothing but a headache on our terms and the customers but now is on a very affordable FLAT RATE. Take a look guys, I think you will be pleasantly surprised.

drahsrebu
18th June 2014, 09:26 AM
Placed an order for a couple of items and have received them in 2 business days, i do live in qld so that helps.
overall i cannot fault, i am extremely happy with the service and products that got delivered.
i will be ordering off tfi again, this first purchase was more or less a test.
I love the thought of helping out a fellow qlder that is trying to help our tf community.
Give TFIDownunder a go, you won't be disappointed.

you have the "drahsrebu seal of approval" :D

Oberon Sexton
18th June 2014, 10:44 AM
Just got my item from TFIDOWNUNDER today, as a QLDer I too experienced 2 working day posting. Their standard posting isn't ideal for 'mint in packaging' collectors but by all means it doesn't look like the item was miss treated. I'm sure if you're willing to pay a premium and simply ask them for different packaging they will oblige.

6 stars out of 5 ;)

always happy to support local business, especially if it means cheaper goods for me, lol

Now if only my Scoria were here too.

spiderken17
18th June 2014, 08:04 PM
Do they have a website yet?

Oberon Sexton
18th June 2014, 08:49 PM
Do they have a website yet?

www.tfidownunder.com

Sinnertwin
18th June 2014, 08:52 PM
Just got my item from TFIDOWNUNDER today, as a QLDer I too experienced 2 working day posting. Their standard posting isn't ideal for 'mint in packaging' collectors but by all means it doesn't look like the item was miss treated. I'm sure if you're willing to pay a premium and simply ask them for different packaging they will oblige.

6 stars out of 5 ;)

always happy to support local business, especially if it means cheaper goods for me, lol

Now if only my Scoria were here too.

Out of curiosity, a 6 out of 5?
What was there communication like? I noticed you said that it wouldn't suit MiB collectors; was the box damaged in any way because of the lack of padding? As a MISB Collector, I dont agree with asking to pay extra for postage just to make sure what i see online arrives to me that way.

Oberon Sexton
18th June 2014, 09:34 PM
Out of curiosity, a 6 out of 5?
What was there communication like? I noticed you said that it wouldn't suit MiB collectors; was the box damaged in any way because of the lack of padding? As a MISB Collector, I dont agree with asking to pay extra for postage just to make sure what i see online arrives to me that way.

I'mma be honest, I just gave them that score coz I like seeing local enterprises like this one do well.

To be critical. Communication was good. They sent an email saying they shipped the item and provided a tracking number along with another email for the standard sales invoice. posted via repurposed cardboard box. They packed the item with newspaper to reduce the movement/impact. I ordered a Hasbro Voyager figure. There are no extreme flaws on the box (you'd see worse on a retail shelf), but there are a couple scuffs on the window.

It comes with a letter giving some background information on the business and their push for recyclable packaging reducing postage cost and environment impact. Like I said, you'd see worse wear on a retail shelf, but the product isn't flawless (I don't collect MISB so I'm unsure the standard you'd consider 'worth it').

It you're looking for a figure to pose on your shelf, they're great with their prices, shipping time and product handling. But purely "mint" ? May wanna look else where.

Oberon Sexton
18th June 2014, 09:44 PM
Shots of the box after I've already opened it.

http://oi58.tinypic.com/ixvxxj.jpg
http://oi58.tinypic.com/2uhvc6f.jpg
http://oi59.tinypic.com/28s4wid.jpg
http://oi61.tinypic.com/vp7zf8.jpg

spiderken17
21st June 2014, 07:29 AM
I imagine this is just a guy operating out of his garage. Good on him for spotting a market and providing the goods. I reckon the whole environmental packaging spiel is just an excuse to use newspaper and old boxes because they are free. I dont mind about boxes but if i order hundreds of dollars worth of toys i want them packaged securely in bubblewrap or those packaging foam things (which can now be bought bio-degradable). Auspost are not known for their care with stuff so it would need to be packed very well with no excuses from the seller if it arrives damaged. As the seller it is up to them to get the parcel to you in one piece and as described when you bought it.
I am waiting to see tfi's reaction when someone gets a damaged product before i buy from them. Its easy to to be all rosy when things are going well but when there are problems are when you see peoples true colours. I hope they come through when it happens.

Tober
25th June 2014, 07:44 PM
I placed a group order for about $350 worth of stuff. They arrived individually wrapped in bubble wrap, packed in newspaper in a decent box. No damage at all.

spiderken17
25th June 2014, 08:10 PM
That's great news.

Tfiguy
8th July 2014, 09:22 PM
Thanks everyone for your positive feedback and also constructive criticism. That's fine, if an item turns up damaged we will try our best to remedy the situation, all you have to do is make contact us via email. That isn't a problem. Also, realistically, there will ALWAYS be a chance of slight cosmetic damage. No matter how wrapped up it is. Most of the time stock arrives here either from USA, Japan or China and there will always be some form of cosmetic damage on some of the packets. Even companies with a huge reputation of quality and customer care e.g. (no offence to them as they really are a great bunch) Mastermind Creations, some of their gear can be slightly damaged from the trip over seas. In fact, the only 3p company that used any form of cover or wrapping (other than just the cardboard box) that I have dealt with are Fanstoys. Also, age can be a factor as well. If an item sits on a shelf for over a year in tropical NQ the box may (there is a possibility) result in slight damage just from age and wearing around the edges and corners usually. Yes, as the letter states, it does help to save money by using second hand boxes and wrapping (bubble wrap, plastic, news paper etc) that gets donated to us otherwise we would have to charge for new boxes as well plus, it is recycling. IMO, because of these reasons, I don't see the point in asking our customers to fork out extra coin for MISB if there is a possibility that it may still show up with minor damage to the box or worse (we can though, if they really want it). Honestly, if ANYONE has any questions or complaints at all just email us. We always try our best to respond within 2 days to all emails (sometimes it may take slightly longer) and believe me, none of this has been rosy, it's been a roller coaster if anything. Again, thanks again to all of you that have supported us. Kind regards

Omega Metro
8th July 2014, 09:53 PM
Thanks everyone for your positive feedback and also constructive criticism. That's fine, if an item turns up damaged we will try our best to remedy the situation, all you have to do is make contact us via email. That isn't a problem. Also, realistically, there will ALWAYS be a chance of slight cosmetic damage. No matter how wrapped up it is. Most of the time stock arrives here either from USA, Japan or China and there will always be some form of cosmetic damage on some of the packets. Even companies with a huge reputation of quality and customer care e.g. (no offence to them as they really are a great bunch) Mastermind Creations, some of their gear can be slightly damaged from the trip over seas. In fact, the only 3p company that used any form of cover or wrapping (other than just the cardboard box) that I have dealt with are Fanstoys. Also, age can be a factor as well. If an item sits on a shelf for over a year in tropical NQ the box may (there is a possibility) result in slight damage just from age and wearing around the edges and corners usually. Yes, as the letter states, it does help to save money by using second hand boxes and wrapping (bubble wrap, plastic, news paper etc) that gets donated to us otherwise we would have to charge for new boxes as well plus, it is recycling. IMO, because of these reasons, I don't see the point in asking our customers to fork out extra coin for MISB if there is a possibility that it may still show up with minor damage to the box or worse (we can though, if they really want it). Honestly, if ANYONE has any questions or complaints at all just email us. We always try our best to respond within 2 days to all emails (sometimes it may take slightly longer) and believe me, none of this has been rosy, it's been a roller coaster if anything. Again, thanks again to all of you that have supported us. Kind regards

I certainly understand your point of view as I have done the online store thing in the past. It's tough work but you do your best to cover every possible problem that shall arise.;)
I should be expecting my first parcel from you guys this week but I'm sure it will be all good.;):D
Keep up the good work!:)

Tfiguy
9th July 2014, 12:46 AM
I certainly understand your point of view as I have done the online store thing in the past. It's tough work but you do your best to cover every possible problem that shall arise.;)
I should be expecting my first parcel from you guys this week but I'm sure it will be all good.;):D
Keep up the good work!:)

Wow, really? Were you selling Tf's? Why did you finish up if you don't mind me asking? It's a shame it's not still around :-/

CoRDS
27th August 2014, 03:39 PM
Ordered a uniquite toys pack of sharkies http://www.tfidownunder.com/shop/unique-toys-g02-sharky/

arrived in perfect order.
Recycled packaging so the environment doesn't suffer and then bubble wrapped arrived with the box and contents undamaged fast and cheap the way i like it.
excellent customer service from the team at TFI downunder.

finally an Aussie store with proper non scary shipping

now that i know i can get my Masterpiece TFs locally i'll be going there before i check out the international ones from now on.

CoRDS

spiderken17
27th August 2014, 07:03 PM
That's good to hear. I am still waiting for a reply about postage costs.
I got quoted $17 to send 2 sets of DR Wu launchers which seems excessive to me, especially as I can get them from Hong Kong for $8US postage.
I want to support the local business but not if its noticeably more expensive than overseas.

Defcon
27th August 2014, 07:57 PM
For the Dr Wu launchers maybe seems a bit high, if they are only in small packaging. At least a postage quote is available before processing an order. Other items the postage seems pretty standard for Australian shipping.

Tober
27th August 2014, 08:55 PM
That's good to hear. I am still waiting for a reply about postage costs.
I got quoted $17 to send 2 sets of DR Wu launchers which seems excessive to me, especially as I can get them from Hong Kong for $8US postage.
I want to support the local business but not if its noticeably more expensive than overseas.

Did you try contacting them through their email or through the website? I haven't had any replies through the site, but their email always works - tfidownunder@outlook.com

And Tfiguy (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/member.php?u=2678) is a member on OTCA too.

BigTransformerTrev
27th August 2014, 08:57 PM
How much was the shipping for Sharky? Thinking of grabbing it

spiderken17
28th August 2014, 10:32 AM
Did you try contacting them through their email or through the website? I haven't had any replies through the site, but their email always works - tfidownunder@outlook.com

And Tfiguy (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/member.php?u=2678) is a member on OTCA too.

Awesome, thanks mate.

Tfiguy
19th September 2014, 01:15 AM
Hi everyone! I'd just like to take the time to thank everyone for their support with our Australian site. As we say, we will strive to keep the prices down as best we can and keep you guys satisfied and hopefully, one day be a world leader with our beloved robotic warriors. I honestly am astonished at how we are slowly growing from a tiny 1 sale per 2 months (if lucky) to what we are now...which isn't big at all by any means but still, it's just an amazing feeling to watch Tfi Down Under grow. None of this would have happened without any of you guys/girls. So again, a great big thank you.

Jigga
24th September 2014, 08:15 AM
Has anyone got their invoice for the pre-order of Wheeljack from Tfidownunder yet? Or even had theirs delivered already?!

CoRDS
24th September 2014, 09:03 AM
He posted to Facebook that he was moving from Mackey to Brisbane on the 17th

And to expect about a weeklong delay.

Seems fair

Jigga
24th September 2014, 11:10 AM
He posted to Facebook that he was moving from Mackey to Brisbane on the 17th

And to expect about a weeklong delay.

Seems fair

Cool. Thanks mate!

TazD
25th September 2014, 04:35 PM
Hi, Just wanting to know if anyone has bought from these guys, TFI Downunder? As i would like to purchase a couple of TF's. There website isn't up to scratch, ie, there a couple of errors and the 'search' isn't all that good. Thanks.

Oberon Sexton
25th September 2014, 04:52 PM
Hi, Just wanting to know if anyone has bought from these guys, TFI Downunder? As i would like to purchase a couple of TF's. There website isn't up to scratch, ie, there a couple of errors and the 'search' isn't all that good. Thanks.

I've bought from them a few times, no issues. Right now though, they're relocating to Brisbane from North/Central QLD, so expect a delay in postage of anything for the next week or so.

Also, the website is really new. Up until relatively recently they've been conducting business on Facebook.

Bidoofdude
27th September 2014, 09:36 PM
Are TFI going to be getting any Hasbro Generations stuff? I'm planning to ship my POL this October and I will probably make a new one next year for all the combiners, leader Megatron and the legends figures, but wanted to know if there will possibly be a cheaper alternative next year?

Oberon Sexton
27th September 2014, 10:20 PM
Are TFI going to be getting any Hasbro Generations stuff? I'm planning to ship my POL this October and I will probably make a new one next year for all the combiners, leader Megatron and the legends figures, but wanted to know if there will possibly be a cheaper alternative next year?

It might be worth doing a pm to tfiguy from this otca board, but admittedly it is an answer I'd like to know too. From what I can see, I think they might only be able to get takaratomy stuff. I'd imagine major retailers may make sourcing hasbro stuff a nightmare.

lancalot
27th September 2014, 11:20 PM

i actually pre order and completed my MMC feral rex from them.... if you have any problem you can reach him on facebook as well... and he responded within a day or so... they manage to get me tigris when it was sold out even ...

Kapryiath
29th September 2014, 10:08 PM
i'm pretty sure he has no contacts for ordering hasbro merchandise as yet so i doubt the generations figures are an option unfortunately , if anyone has details of a wholesaler i'm sure he would be interested and appreciate the contact info

Jigga
30th September 2014, 05:08 AM
I have pre-ordered MP Wheeljack and other MP's. Still waiting for an invoice and an update on the 'delay'.

CoRDS
30th September 2014, 06:02 AM
he has updated the facebook page recently
https://www.facebook.com/tfidownunder

a few posts from him in the last day so looks like the move is done and he is back into things.

"After certain new upgrades with the host, there seems to be an error on the front page. This is all I can see so far, and should be dealt with soon but, if anyone has any trouble, please let me know!"

"Did somebody say Scoria parts? Shipping today as well as other items!"

"Wow, so much to catch up on. I haven't been snobbing everyone! I'm back on full tilt. Delayed items, problems with the site, everything will be fixed, so many emails. My hands are in overdrive!"

and then "Tfidownunder.com
Yesterday
Wheeljacks are delayed for some reason. I will get to the bottom of this.

Tfidownunder.com It will be shipped sometime this week. I will make sure"

looks like normal things that happen when you move operations a few thousand km's away :)

maybe this will mean i get my wheeljack the same day i get my notswoop

Kapryiath
30th September 2014, 07:36 AM
bring on not swoop!!! . on a side note i'm pretty sure he has the scoria fix in stock so if you were wanting it and bought scoria from him drop him a line :)

CoRDS
30th September 2014, 09:23 AM
Just got my preorder payment thing for wheel jack

Jigga
30th September 2014, 09:27 AM
Just got my preorder payment thing for wheel jack
+1

CoRDS
30th September 2014, 10:52 AM
Now he just needs to fix that permissions issue giving that error on his site

WIIGII
14th October 2014, 11:36 PM
i bought Scoria from them when it first came out and had no shoulder issues, so didn't ask. Lo and behold, last week in the mail i find he's sent me Scoria shoulder replacements regardless :) Big tick in my book

Oberon Sexton
15th October 2014, 12:03 AM
i bought Scoria from them when it first came out and had no shoulder issues, so didn't ask. Lo and behold, last week in the mail i find he's sent me Scoria shoulder replacements regardless :) Big tick in my book

Totally forgot about the parts for Scoria, but I got mine too. Great follow up on sales. :)

Tober
30th October 2014, 09:02 AM
Put an order in Tuesday morning. Shipped same day and arrived Thursday morning.

Thanks TFI DUde :)

CoRDS
30th October 2014, 05:11 PM
My MP20 wheel jack arrived the morning after TFIDU got them :) cant actually get any faster than that.

spiderken17
10th November 2014, 09:15 PM
I bought Quantron and Fortis from Tfidu.
I asked them to hold Fortis until Quantron arrived so I could combine shipping which was no hassle for them. I was kept updated with a slow arrival of Quantron and it arrived a few days after Tfidu got it.
Unfortunately my Fortis missed the parcel which I assume was down to the craziness due to the late arrival of Quantron. One quick email and my Fortis was sent Express post the next day and i received a discount voucher for my troubles.
I as very happy with the service and would recommend them. If they keep up this service Tfidu will be my first stop for 3rd party stuff, especially as it supports an Aussie business and there are no communication problems that can arise from dealing with overseas companies.
A+ for Tfidu :)

VERT
10th November 2014, 10:41 PM
Got the Bruticus Upgrade kit from them for the amazing price of $25 Got a shipping notice on Friday and it arrived today. Very happy :D

Gofigure
11th November 2014, 10:04 AM
my stuff arrived very quickly

Very happy with the service and will order lots more from now on :)

Oberon Sexton
13th November 2014, 09:17 PM
Quick and easy pick up. :)

The_Damned
18th December 2014, 03:27 PM
got the vehicle voltron and one of the leg peices was broken and they are getting got me a replacement bit top service.

CoRDS
20th December 2014, 04:57 PM
Ordered MMC terminus hexatron. shipped on thursday arrived this morning in perfect condition.

kaiden
30th December 2014, 09:55 PM
Regarding my first order for MMC's Felisabre.

Paid for it before finding out that it was delayed, have tried to reset password twice but no email sent and tried to contact them through their website contact form about a week ago? but have yet to hear a reply and today left a msg on facebook.

trying to inform them that im moving and that I needed the address updated on my order - just getting nowhere at the moment.

hopefully it gets sorted out soon.

ITZTRU
30th December 2014, 10:13 PM
he's normally quite prompt with FB replies from my experience. Good luck!

drifand
30th December 2014, 11:06 PM
he's normally quite prompt with FB replies from my experience. Good luck!

Yup I waited 2 days max considering it was a Saturday Sunday post message.
I am hoping I will give good feedback.

rodent
30th December 2014, 11:53 PM
Just some feedback for future reference: I was very confused and disappointed when I received an automated email telling me my MP-22 preorder was cancelled with absolutely no explanation given. Had to go to the FB page to find out just what had happened.

I can't fault him for the issue itself, but an email or something explaining what had happened before the cancellation notice would have gone a long way to soften the blow.

drifand
31st December 2014, 02:20 AM
I agree, I believe is a new setup and he is trying to sort things out.
My order was accepted and disappeared from his system!
I had to reorder to ensure everything is okay.

I hope this improves to a point where we have a customer based account to check our orders.

Micktimus
2nd February 2015, 06:10 PM
Received Red Soar today from tfi, very happy with my first purchase. Packaged well, fair price and supporting a local retailer. Keep it up and they will b my go to location for Transformers.

TAAUBlaster
4th February 2015, 04:35 PM
Got my Legends Jetfire today. Great guys to deal with. I highly reccommend them for TF stuff. :)

Initial_G
12th February 2015, 11:13 AM
My Mad Toys King of Beast shipped on Sat and received on yesterday (Wed) yes!

Good communication from seller while item kept getting delayed from manufacturer. Will definitely order from them again.... actually I already have lol

Night Hawke
12th February 2015, 03:30 PM
Just received my MP22 as my first purchase from them! Great prices, and very easy and friendly to communicate with on Facebook. Highly recommended :)

Micktimus
13th February 2015, 12:54 PM
Received Ultra Magnus yesterday, thanks again guys.

drifand
18th February 2015, 10:29 AM
Gotten my mad toys golion, and I have to say, he did all he could and actually went quite far for this piece for most of us. I really appreciate his personal message to update approach and has been polite in communications.

Keep it up. Remember never to loose your cool and always stay positive! I am sure to return to buy more things from your store, and they may not be Transformers.

SharkyMcShark
3rd March 2015, 06:28 PM
Ordered Felisaber 17/2/15, shipped on 23/2/15, arrived today.

Everything perfectly in order, would (will) buy again!

CoRDS
4th March 2015, 05:26 AM
still wating to hear on what is happening with the Arcee's

mine were ordered and paid for ages ago yet nothing. .....

not sure i will be doing more pre orders at this stage if there is no way of knowing if i'll actually get what ive paid for.

will wait and see i guess. but ive got one very sad daughter that was hoping for an arcee for her birthday

Tfiguy
4th March 2015, 07:05 AM
still wating to hear on what is happening with the Arcee's

mine were ordered and paid for ages ago yet nothing. .....

not sure i will be doing more pre orders at this stage if there is no way of knowing if i'll actually get what ive paid for.

will wait and see i guess. but ive got one very sad daughter that was hoping for an arcee for her birthday

Please check your email. Everyone that had pre ordered Arcee had been send an email and an announcement was made on our News reel on Facebook.

CoRDS
4th March 2015, 08:16 AM
Please check your email. Everyone that had pre ordered Arcee had been send an email and an announcement was made on our News reel on Facebook.

one email, one facebook post, my order was paid for ages ago, the item is passed the time when it was due for release, i still have no arcee, and no estimation of iff or when i will ever get my order.

while i understand that taraka stuffed you around by not providing the numbers you ordered as the end customer i dont care. i just want what i purchased

Defcon
4th March 2015, 03:42 PM
while i understand that taraka stuffed you around by not providing the numbers you ordered as the end customer i dont care. i just want what i purchased

That sounds a bit harsh. But you have a valid complaint about communication, but also as the customer sometimes we need to do some of the work as well. Just my opinion, the site should add a disclaimer about potential for stock shortages. I don't believe this is common, but I don't know. The manufacturer underestimated the market. The Suppliers couldn't fill all the orders. But it would of been handy if an alert or an explanation was posted on the website next to items experiencing stock shortages.

Tfiguy
5th March 2015, 11:23 AM
one email, one facebook post, my order was paid for ages ago, the item is passed the time when it was due for release, i still have no arcee, and no estimation of iff or when i will ever get my order.

That's great to hear mate. Remember, as we state in our policies, your order is part of a line up. And our orders are part of an even bigger line up with the rest of the world. Demanding, ranting and raving won't get your figure any faster.
Did you ever think about contacting us?

Tfiguy
5th March 2015, 12:17 PM
In other news, the fembots are finally coming. Hopefully they should be shipped in the next few work days.

Tfiguy
5th March 2015, 12:20 PM
Chords you said you wanted information on what was happening. If an email and an announcement on our news reel isn't enough, what is?

christalcase
5th March 2015, 07:30 PM
Hi Tfiguy,

I have two quick questions.

I read somewhere that you offer pick up in Brisbane? If so, how do I do that when purchasing (and where to pick up)?

For preorders, is there a chance the preorder price will go up between when I place the order and the release date? If so, do I have to pay the higher price or I get to keep the original lower list price?

Thanks!

Tfiguy
5th March 2015, 08:13 PM
Hi Tfiguy,

I have two quick questions.

I read somewhere that you offer pick up in Brisbane? If so, how do I do that when purchasing (and where to pick up)?

For preorders, is there a chance the preorder price will go up between when I place the order and the release date? If so, do I have to pay the higher price or I get to keep the original lower list price?

Thanks!

Hi Christal, Yep! We usually rendezvous at Mcdonald's Kangaroo point. Yes, there is always a chance that the price will go up due to the aud, but, if you have one preordered you won't have to...BUT there has been times where we had prices and preorders and then certain resellers pull out an outrageous price for shipping. If we can't find one for cheaper, we give you the options of where to go from there... But this is rare.

christalcase
7th March 2015, 09:01 AM
Purchased and picked up Legends Sky-Byte yesterday. Quick communication and smooth transaction.

Will purchase from Tfidownunder again.

Congie
12th March 2015, 11:36 PM
I'm still waiting for some pre-ordered stuff to be released before getting it all paid for and shipped but so far the communication has been nothing short of excellent. Loving the Facebook updates too. :cool:

Dinkydarth
13th March 2015, 02:38 PM
TFIguy, are you getting bold forms lone wolf in?

Akky82
13th March 2015, 04:35 PM
TFIguy, are you getting bold forms lone wolf in?

He said on facebook that he's passing cos it'd be $170 exc postage. The comments on the post were in agreement too (and so am I).

Tfiguy
13th March 2015, 07:20 PM
Yeah, mate, I'm a bit bewildered at the price of Lonewolf... I'm not getting them in, there's no one willing to get them in at that price. I don't know where they get that figure from but it's a bit rich to put it shortly.

jazzcomp
7th April 2015, 03:55 PM
Is this supposed to be a feedback poll like the others?

ampoldj
11th April 2015, 06:41 AM
Is this supposed to be a feedback poll like the others?

Yeah no feedback poll here? Well anyway just got the MP24 Exhaust from them. Ordered it on their facebook page and they got me in for the additional orders. They posted it wednesday and got it friday...nice :D

Overall good communication with these guys

charcoal17
18th May 2015, 11:43 AM
Purchased GigaPower Guttur from tfi... happy with the communication (email sent out and fb messages on delays), competitive prices and prompt postage.

Will definitely be making future purchases here :)

leej84
24th May 2015, 07:35 AM
is anyone finding it hard to communicate with TFI as of late? I know he's a reputable seller and member here but i've had a few messages left unanswered and its been about a week since i left the messages and emails...

Trent
24th May 2015, 07:55 AM
is anyone finding it hard to communicate with TFI as of late? I know he's a reputable seller and member here but i've had a few messages left unanswered and its been about a week since i left the messages and emails...

Same. I'll give it a few more days...

ITZTRU
24th May 2015, 09:24 AM
He says Facebook is the best place to contact him. Not sure if I agree with his decision for making FB his primary way of communication from a business stand point but it's worked for me...

Pig's_A_King
24th May 2015, 09:37 AM
I had the same problem awhile back, but then he answered... and quite regularly... he has a normal job as well... and i think his old man is not well... don't worry guys... he is q pleasure to deal with, and may go out of his way sometimes to make you happy. He was going to deliver a red soar on my doorstep

Pig's_A_King
24th May 2015, 09:40 AM
i have bought a dozen or so figures off him before, & another half dozen or so that haven't been released

STL
25th May 2015, 03:06 PM
I've had a few occasions where I've had to wait for him too but he usually comes good. He's a one man operation, I think.

One of the guys on Twitter picked Apolloyn from him in Brissie last week. So he's definitely had the stock arrive.

He did reply to my e-mail over a week ago about how long the wait fro Warbotron Fierce Attack would be. (Not soon)

In the end, I appreciate his prices and am happy to be patient most of the time but it is one of the risks with a small operation that real life/day job sometimes gets in the way.

spiderken17
25th May 2015, 07:05 PM
Yes I think its a hobby business so other stuff (life) can get in the way. I have always got a reply even if its a bit late.

Trent
25th May 2015, 07:10 PM
Got a reply on Facebook yesterday. All is right with the world :)

Gofigure
25th May 2015, 07:25 PM
My first order with him is Apolloyn. So just waiting on how that turns out ;)

If it's a good experience, more business. If not, back to chosen prime or robot kingdom

WIIGII
28th May 2015, 11:25 AM

his computer crashed- been fb him. hes still waiting for it to be repaired so may be delayed. He's still sending out orders though

Sutton
28th May 2015, 04:52 PM
Frustrating to have my unrelated Throttlebot order caught up in this Apollyon madness, but what you gonna do.

I guess I'm happy to wait an extra week or two if it means supporting local business and paying less overall...

Sutton
29th May 2015, 04:57 PM
...and then the next day they get posted! :p

JustBulahhh
30th May 2015, 05:39 PM
This could be off topic a bit, anyone know other trust worthy online store similar to TFidownunder? I'm trying to get MP Ultra Magnus and Lambor and unfortunately Tfidownunder doesn't restock it anymore.

I'm currently looking at BBTS (a bit expensive for shipping) and Chimungmung (don't know how secure they are) and wondering if anyone uses this sites and how is your experience with it? Srry, I'm new to buying toys online. :)

Gofigure
30th May 2015, 05:56 PM
How many people on here have had their Apollyon notification and or shipped to them?

I'm still waiting on both and it's been a little while now

TAAUBlaster
30th May 2015, 06:55 PM
How many people on here have had their Apollyon notification and or shipped to them?

According to their FB 170 Apollyon's were ordered, and he up to about number 84 shipped out. Like everyone else has mentioned, he is a one man operation with a regular job. It's just taking a little time to get everything shipped, as well as his normal website orders.

Initial_G
30th May 2015, 09:00 PM
This could be off topic a bit, anyone know other trust worthy online store similar to TFidownunder? I'm trying to get MP Ultra Magnus and Lambor and unfortunately Tfidownunder doesn't restock it anymore.

I'm currently looking at BBTS (a bit expensive for shipping) and Chimungmung (don't know how secure they are) and wondering if anyone uses this sites and how is your experience with it? Srry, I'm new to buying toys online. :)

I've used Chimungmung before for a bunch of 3P items. (All 5 Feral Rex, Soar, ...) currently have Sever on order. No issues with Tony, responds to emails in a reasonable amount of time. In terms of security, I've only ever used paypal with him. I don't usually like my CC details all over the place.

I'm still waiting for shipping notice. I paid as soon as the request came through ... paid back in Nov

There was an update on facebook, apparently about 1/2 the orders have been processed. I'm not sure if the other half are being processed, or he's still waiting for more Apollyons to fill the orders. I'm guessing I'm in the later half though

He did update that his computer died, so hopefully he has everything backed up and there aren't too many delays. It is an off the side business and not this main job I believe. So happy to be a little extra patient. Plus, I've had a couple of orders before and they have all come through ok.

Akky82
30th May 2015, 09:16 PM
I've used Chimungmung before for a bunch of 3P items. (All 5 Feral Rex, Soar, ...) currently have Sever on order. No issues with Tony, responds to emails in a reasonable amount of time. In terms of security, I've only ever used paypal with him. I don't usually like my CC details all over the place.

I'm still waiting for shipping notice. I paid as soon as the request came through ... paid back in Nov

There was an update on facebook, apparently about 1/2 the orders have been processed. I'm not sure if the other half are being processed, or he's still waiting for more Apollyons to fill the orders. I'm guessing I'm in the later half though

He did update that his computer died, so hopefully he has everything backed up and there aren't too many delays. It is an off the side business and not this main job I believe. So happy to be a little extra patient. Plus, I've had a couple of orders before and they have all come through ok.

I have mine, but I paid in October, believe there was 3 or 4 different prices he had him at, I believe they're due to different orders from supplier, maybe he is still waiting on some.

But yeah, when I think about how much money I have in preorders for TFI over the coming months, and how much more I am wanting to preorder, and with rumours of feral rex reissue... Gah makes my wallet weep, but also speaks well for Evan and his business. If it weren't for tfi I'd still be using Tony as well, and be more broke lol.

Gofigure
30th May 2015, 09:23 PM
Sounds reasonable

Will wait patiently then :)

xlojnr
31st May 2015, 12:49 AM
paid mid-feb. still waiting.

since Initial G paid in November and is still waiting I guess I'll be waiting for a while yet ;)

Crimson Prime
31st May 2015, 10:56 AM

I've used chimungmung and robot kingdom before, both are perfectly fine in my opinion.

kurdt_the_goat
1st June 2015, 08:59 PM
Taking every ounce of my willpower not to hound TFI with another "Where's my Apollyon!!" email. With all the sales from this thing he should look into getting some helper staff!

ITZTRU
1st June 2015, 09:21 PM
God, I thought I was the only one. Everyone else is going on about how he is one man doing it as a side job. Then people start agreeing with those posts and that because of that, they're willing to wait patiently. So I just keep my mouth shut because I feel like maybe I'm just being an impatient d*ck.

I thought I'd give these guys a try so I could help support local businesses even though I've not had any troubles at all with overseas suppliers. But if it's always going to take this long to have in demand items sent to me, I think I might have to start going back to said overseas suppliers unfortunately. Sorry tfi. Your hard work is appreciated though! Please don't get me wrong.

Gofigure
1st June 2015, 10:11 PM
God, I thought I was the only one. Everyone else is going on about how he is one man doing it as a side job. Then people start agreeing with those posts and that because of that, they're willing to wait patiently. So I just keep my mouth shut because I feel like maybe I'm just being an impatient d*ck.

I thought I'd give these guys a try so I could help support local businesses even though I've not had any troubles at all with overseas suppliers. But if it's always going to take this long to have in demand items sent to me, I think I might have to start going back to said overseas suppliers unfortunately. Sorry tfi. Your hard work is appreciated though! Please don't get me wrong.

Yeah I hear you. Nice summary of my feelings. Don't want to THAT guy. But also wouldn't mind my item already paid for some time soon.

The_Damned
1st June 2015, 10:17 PM
good things come to those who wait.

Tober
1st June 2015, 10:58 PM
Yeah. All I want is a proper set of updates to tide me over... He did that last week when he said about half had been sent out, but there has been nothing since. At least for me.

It was only a matter of time until another store entered the ring, and now that one has he has got to improve. And soon, or its TFIgoneunder.

STL
2nd June 2015, 10:16 AM
Agreed on the sentiments.

I think I'm a bit more understanding b/c of the price benefit. If not for that I wouldn't put up with the wait times.

But the other part that's hard and conflicting is small retailers like TFI/Premium Collectibles get screwed over b/c they are secondary retailers and the larger online ones will often get stock first as seen with Warbotron fiasco. You can support the smaller guy but you may end up having to wait months extra.

That's not to say that's the case with Apolloyn. I think he's had it for a few weeks now.

Jetfire in the sky
2nd June 2015, 01:15 PM
But the other part that's hard and conflicting is small retailers like TFI/Premium Collectibles get screwed over b/c they are secondary retailers and the larger online ones will often get stock first as seen with Warbotron fiasco. .

It's a fair point, but then again the "small" stores shouldn't put up pre-orders that they can't fulfil even with the early funding to pay for the item from the customer, this treads in an area where consumer law would not be happy.

I'm not having a go at TFIdownunder, I have purchased from him and despite initial communication issues via website e-mail, there were no problems after that, so I am a happy buyer form the site.

Although I think some of these sites (including the big ones) need to pull back on pre-orders, Fans Toys seems to be one of the worst suppliers when it comes to date deadlines, yes it is a way to drum up business by having great prices for high demand items early before release but if in the end you can only deliver with extended delays (if at all) then perhaps it's time for a change of business model.

Initial_G
2nd June 2015, 02:49 PM
Just a quick post to update that I have received an update from TFI and Aus Post with tracking that my Apollyon is on it's way (hopefully will have it by Thu/Fri) ... not sure if I was in the early or later half of shipped orders though (based on the FB update earlier). I did make payment back in Nov though.

I do agree that TFI is considered a small retailer, not like the bigger ones in HK or US. But that's also expected given the market size and the fact that sellers in HK, like RK or Chimungmung ship overseas easily enough, with decent packaging/tracking etc.

I'm happy to support local though, even if it means there's a week or two delay, some of these 3P items have been delayed months, what's another week or so.

xlojnr
2nd June 2015, 05:50 PM
Good to hear!

He's also updated Facebook to say that he THINKS that he can get all Apollyon orders shipped by Thursday.

Seems like I must've been one of the last people to have paid!

I must admit that I was so close to contacting them myself to find out what was happening (like many of you have stated) ever since he showed the pic of the items landing. I even showed my gf the post he put up asking people to please stop emailing him about apollyon and had a laugh at it. I think that the nature of the toy itself is what has people a bit antsy to receive it in hand, not necessarily any trust issues with the store. I don't think that I would mind half as much for any other product from them (eg. FT sever), and will have a very "it'll come when it comes" attitude towards them.

Gofigure
2nd June 2015, 06:27 PM
Awesome man! Another one on the way.

It's good to support local but damn I'm itching to get mine! Hehe oh well I'm sure it will get to me eventually

Just a quick post to update that I have received an update from TFI and Aus Post with tracking that my Apollyon is on it's way (hopefully will have it by Thu/Fri) ... not sure if I was in the early or later half of shipped orders though (based on the FB update earlier). I did make payment back in Nov though.

I do agree that TFI is considered a small retailer, not like the bigger ones in HK or US. But that's also expected given the market size and the fact that sellers in HK, like RK or Chimungmung ship overseas easily enough, with decent packaging/tracking etc.

I'm happy to support local though, even if it means there's a week or two delay, some of these 3P items have been delayed months, what's another week or so.

WeallscreamforStarscream
2nd June 2015, 06:29 PM
Follow them on facebook... they always update their orders on there. And i may have said before.. ALWAYS great service from TFI and it's the first place i go to place my pre orders.

drifand
3rd June 2015, 07:42 AM
Follow them on facebook... they always update their orders on there. And i may have said before.. ALWAYS great service from TFI and it's the first place i go to place my pre orders.

For me is yes and no, The Bluestreak mp was not sold or released from them which I have asked via facebook and was not given any answers. It forced me to used other companies.

ITZTRU
3rd June 2015, 10:59 AM
Regarding some of the small talk previously about pre-orders from TFI a few posts back:

I've stated before that there's a chance that I may want to take my business elsewhere. But that wasn't the case before the delay on Apollyon.

Before I realised that there might always be a delay on items I buy from TFI, I was happy to support them. My thing is now that if I decide I want to pull out from the many pre-orders that I have made with TFI for the upcoming Fans Toys products, I risk not being considered as a customer by them which I do not want.

Many other retailers allow cancellation of pre-orders with no penalty, particularly if you have not paid yet. But on TFi's T&C's it states that they "do not accept" cancellations regardless.

"IF" TFI will always be one of the last to receive their orders from companies and hence make me always one of the last to receive items I have paid for, I don't find that particular term and condition fair.

If they stated that "TFI might always be delayed with products shipping..." before customers place an order then maybe it would be different...

lancalot
3rd June 2015, 02:07 PM
OH my ....just finally gotten my Apollyon today..... i serious just given up on the hype of him as i seen so many picture already....

Tober
3rd June 2015, 02:10 PM
TFI are small and, by comparison, so are their customer base. We are at the end of the distribution queue. Distributors will prioritize large clients first to empty their warehouses as fast as they can. Even stores like Robot Kingdom and Chimungmung, who are in Hong Kong, are towards the end.

Not many retailers allow cancellations, really. TFI requests payment before their distributor ships. Placing an order and canceling potentially harms them, as they can't always adjust their order quota.

Hopefully he will learn from this, and the next time he gets a large shipment in he will be better prepared.

xlojnr
3rd June 2015, 04:18 PM
yeah.. if you have many pre-orders lined up, I'd say ride those out and see how they deliver. Given that Sever is so close to release I assume you went with them for sever too? Maybe use that to see if you are willing to accept their delivery timeframe.

btw. received auspost tracking today for apollyon. Paid in mid-feb.

millhouse
3rd June 2015, 04:58 PM
yeah.. if you have many pre-orders lined up, I'd say ride those out and see how they deliver. Given that Sever is so close to release I assume you went with them for sever too? Maybe use that to see if you are willing to accept their delivery timeframe.

btw. received auspost tracking today for apollyon. Paid in mid-feb.

I haven't received anything yet, and paid in December 2014.

Gofigure
3rd June 2015, 05:40 PM
Just got my email to say order is complete for Apollyon woohoo

I can assume it's being or has been sent?

xlojnr
3rd June 2015, 06:10 PM
Just got my email to say order is complete for Apollyon woohoo

I can assume it's being or has been sent?

yeah mate. I got that email and then received a tracking email from aus. post a few hours after.

I'd give it a day or so and you should have a tracking email.

Millhouse - sorry mate, dunno what to tell you. But he has said on facebook that he aims to get all the apollyon orders out by tomorrow.

millhouse
3rd June 2015, 07:46 PM
yeah mate. I got that email and then received a tracking email from aus. post a few hours after.

I'd give it a day or so and you should have a tracking email.

Millhouse - sorry mate, dunno what to tell you. But he has said on facebook that he aims to get all the apollyon orders out by tomorrow.

He's responding to my FB enquiry now (well, an hour ago). I'll see what happens. I've provided my payment details to him and hope this is resolved quickly.

Considering I ordered it 10/12/2014 and paid 20/12/2014, I would have expected it to arrive by now.

xlojnr
5th June 2015, 01:52 PM
my apollyon arrived - the auspost tracking was very thorough.

Very happy with the packaging from TFI Downunder.

This was my first (received) order through them (still waiting on other pre-orders) and I would definitely recommend them (apart from wishing that there were more fb updates on how he was travelling with getting the large orders out)

Megatran
15th June 2015, 04:45 PM
Hey TFI, any chance you're getting Platinum Edition Gen1 Insecticon reissue?

STL
15th June 2015, 04:56 PM
TFI are small and, by comparison, so are their customer base. We are at the end of the distribution queue. Distributors will prioritize large clients first to empty their warehouses as fast as they can. Even stores like Robot Kingdom and Chimungmung, who are in Hong Kong, are towards the end.

Not many retailers allow cancellations, really. TFI requests payment before their distributor ships. Placing an order and canceling potentially harms them, as they can't always adjust their order quota.

Hopefully he will learn from this, and the next time he gets a large shipment in he will be better prepared.

Whoa, I thought RK was a biggy. Didn't realise they were smaller than BBTS/TFSource

Congie
16th June 2015, 01:55 PM
A couple of my TFIDU pre-orders arrived this week. Everything was well packed and communication was fantastic throughout. I even got a photo of my shipping box and postage label via Facebook! :D

Tober
16th June 2015, 02:24 PM
Whoa, I thought RK was a biggy. Didn't realise they were smaller than BBTS/TFSource

Not sure how large RK is. It's just that on the TFW2005 boards people were getting orders from Toy Dojo and Captured Prey first, even before BBTS or TF Source, if memory serves...

Tfiguy
1st July 2015, 03:54 PM
I haven't received anything yet, and paid in December 2014.

Hi mate, what did you order and pay for? Have you emailed us about it yet?

Tfiguy
1st July 2015, 04:09 PM
Guys, Tfi Down Under is very small in comparison to Tfsource or BBTS. Take into consideration that there are more people in most major cities in the States then there are in the entire country of Australia. Where I may order say 10-20 or even 100 of an item, these guys order in the absolute thousands for some items to match their massive market. So, of course I get my crappy little order of 20 after the others that have massive ordersof 100s or 1000s.

Keep in mind also - Tfi; it's one guy. Me, Evan. I started this company from scratch and worked hard to get it to where it is today.
It is not enough to pay myself let alone a helper and before I had a bit of a rough patch where I was working 14/1 roster and still smashing out Apollyons though. Sorry about the delays in emails I was answering minimum 20 a day on top of shipping them out.
Now I'm back in full swing and items are shipping out MUCH closer to schedule. I hope that it can one day become big enough that we can match the speed of the large companies. But, to do this I need Australia's help.

P.S. Sorry for not being on here for a long time. I've been far too busy as of late :(

millhouse
1st July 2015, 04:54 PM
I've been really happy with TFI lately. They seemed to get swamped around the time of Apollyon hitting, and given the interest, that's understandable. I think Evan's definitely working hard on the site and have just placed my Takara Devvy order there too.

Just wanted to say something positive!

Jaxius._
1st July 2015, 06:07 PM
Guys, Tfi Down Under is very small in comparison to Tfsource or BBTS. Take into consideration that there are more people in most major cities in the States then there are in the entire country of Australia. Where I may order say 10-20 or even 100 of an item, these guys order in the absolute thousands for some items to match their massive market. So, of course I get my crappy little order of 20 after the others that have massive ordersof 100s or 1000s.

Keep in mind also - Tfi; it's one guy. Me, Evan. I started this company from scratch and worked hard to get it to where it is today.
It is not enough to pay myself let alone a helper and before I had a bit of a rough patch where I was working 14/1 roster and still smashing out Apollyons though. Sorry about the delays in emails I was answering minimum 20 a day on top of shipping them out.
Now I'm back in full swing and items are shipping out MUCH closer to schedule. I hope that it can one day become big enough that we can match the speed of the large companies. But, to do this I need Australia's help.

P.S. Sorry for not being on here for a long time. I've been far too busy as of late :(

Were you at melbourne supernova? If so i purchased Zinnia from you and i will continue buying from you as i don't get charged 2000 dollars for 5 items in cluding shipping (slight exaggeration)

Edit: any chance you will get the taktom rid scourge (g2 prime repaint) and grand scourge in?

kurdt_the_goat
1st July 2015, 06:43 PM
When do you think Maketoys Cupola will be shipping out?

Tfiguy
1st July 2015, 06:44 PM
Were you at melbourne supernova? If so i purchased Zinnia from you and i will continue buying from you as i don't get charged 2000 dollars for 5 items in cluding shipping (slight exaggeration)

Edit: any chance you will get the taktom rid scourge (g2 prime repaint) and grand scourge in?

Thanks mate, yes that was me :) I certainly am glad to hear that! Grand scourge I can, I did have it up for pre-order but I took it down as not one person showed any interest lol! I can still have a look for you mate!

spiderken17
1st July 2015, 08:40 PM
This is not directed at anyone in particular but there seems to be a lot of negativety about the Aussie online retailers of late.
I just wanted to say that we as collectors are always looking for the best price item in the condition we want it in, we now finally have multiple Australian distributors for these items and it seems some just want tear strips off them.
Personally I am just happy that we now have these distributors so we don't have to pay horrendous exchange rates for our stuff. Also we need to appreciate that they are happy to interact with us directly and answer our questions on the forum which would never happen with any of the OS companies.
Basically if we want to continue to have these companies getting our 'Bots we need to support them (whichever store is your preference) so that their ordering power becomes greater and the retail price can become lower for us, the buyers.

kurdt_the_goat
3rd July 2015, 06:13 PM
When do you think Maketoys Cupola will be shipping out?

Still waiting :D

Btw, how much are you paying your web developer?
Specifically how much they charged you to get that mobile version running.

Tfiguy
3rd July 2015, 08:02 PM
Still waiting :D

Btw, how much are you paying your web developer?
Specifically how much they charged you to get that mobile version running.

Sorry man, but I'm going to keep your's for myself if you don't mind? ;)

Tfiguy
3rd July 2015, 08:03 PM
Soon bro, the just Po'd me this morning. So I'm expecting that I will see a shipping notice mid next week?

Tfiguy
3rd July 2015, 08:07 PM
This is not directed at anyone in particular but there seems to be a lot of negativety about the Aussie online retailers of late.
I just wanted to say that we as collectors are always looking for the best price item in the condition we want it in, we now finally have multiple Australian distributors for these items and it seems some just want tear strips off them.
Personally I am just happy that we now have these distributors so we don't have to pay horrendous exchange rates for our stuff. Also we need to appreciate that they are happy to interact with us directly and answer our questions on the forum which would never happen with any of the OS companies.
Basically if we want to continue to have these companies getting our 'Bots we need to support them (whichever store is your preference) so that their ordering power becomes greater and the retail price can become lower for us, the buyers.
So True Ken! You rock bro

millhouse
4th July 2015, 02:00 PM
Really happy with recent dealings with TFI. Highly recommended and I look forward to what the benefits of the updated website will be, both from an end-user perspective, but also TFI's ability to manage invoices etc.

Not to say there hasn't been some teething problems, but I'm really happy with his work.

UltimateGalvatron
4th July 2015, 02:33 PM
How much would postage for Unite Warriors Devastator to NSW 2594 as I can't find the postage calculator on your site
Thanks

Jaxius._
6th July 2015, 04:07 PM
New website looks slick

Edit: Tfiguy can i have that image it would make a coll background

kurdt_the_goat
6th July 2015, 04:26 PM
http://www.tfidownunder.com/wp-content/themes/tfidowntheme-child/images/bg.jpg

Unfortunately the eyes on the autobot logo are pretty messed up

AJ_Prime
11th July 2015, 10:48 AM
Hi dude, just wondering if you've received the several emails and facebook post I've sent you over the last few days regarding my Brawny order #4344 that I placed on 3/07. Getting a bit concerned as I haven't received any response from you after I sent evidence of payment on 6/07. Cheers mate.

Hope your Dad is ok btw.

UPDATE: After sending another message today (12/07/2015) through the new 'Contact Customer Service' feature that has recently been added to the TFIdownunder website, I received a response to the third email I sent back on 9/07/2015. I am happy with the response but disappointed that it took so many attempts and methods to get in touch with TFI to resolve my query. I am hoping that I was just unlucky and that this can be used as a learning experience to improve customer communication in the future.

Clearly a lot of work in being done to make the website look better and work more efficiently. Despite my experience, I would still considering purchasing through TFI in future as you seem genuinely passionate and dedicated to providing a much sought after service to our community.

Deano85
15th July 2015, 09:44 AM
Was wondering if anyone had recieved their maketoys cupola yet? :)

kurdt_the_goat
15th July 2015, 10:20 AM
Nope. I asked for an update and after about 10 days finally got a reply "I can only post an update for shipping dates when I have been given a date."

The last actual info he gave (http://otca.com.au/boards/showpost.php?p=480131&postcount=146) was that he was expecting to receive his shipping notice for them around the 8th of July.

Sunsurge
15th July 2015, 05:12 PM
I'm still waiting for MP-10 to be posted to me. It's been in stock for about a week now?

Mr_K
15th July 2015, 06:26 PM
My experience: Absolutely fantastic customer service

I'm local in Brisbane (well, a 40min drive from the CBD). Was meant to pick up Superion one day at 3pm. Drove up there, just to find out that he couldn't make it (messaged me on Facebook 25min before 3, but I was already driving and thus didn't see it).

Compensation for this was absolutely awesome! He personally drove it out to me and really went the extra mile in a few ways for me. I really really appreciate everything, considering the reason he couldn't make it was totally out of his control.

For what (I believe) is a one man show, this is great service, and for me, while Superion isn't third-party, his prices for third party beat anywhere else for AUD so I'm coming here.

This wasn't my first dealing either. I actually met TFIDownUnder for the first time at Supanova last year and bought the UT Sharkies (which he now has for super-cheap and I would highly recommend them).

TFIDownUnder is where I'm shopping from now on.

$0.02

spiderken17
15th July 2015, 07:57 PM
Anyone else having trouble paying for their stuff on the new website? I am.

Mr_K
15th July 2015, 09:24 PM
Anyone else having trouble paying for their stuff on the new website? I am.

I was having trouble with PayPal so just did direct into bank account. You can contact them through Facebook for help with PayPal though

SuspectimusPrime
16th July 2015, 02:08 PM
Was wondering if anyone had recieved their maketoys cupola yet? :)

Still waiting on mine as well, I paid for mine two weeks ago. Has he posted on FB to say they've arrived?

I was having trouble with PayPal so just did direct into bank account. You can contact them through Facebook for help with PayPal though

No issues paying via Paypal in the past, but I've switched to direct bank transfers as it helps him avoid their merchant fees. Evan seems like an honest guy, and he must be completely inundated running the show on his own.

Sunsurge
18th July 2015, 04:21 PM
I'm still waiting for MP-10 to be posted to me. It's been in stock for about a week now?

Well I'm getting severely p****d off right now. Still no shipping notice for MP-10. I made full payment for it in early June and from what I can see MP-10 stock has been and gone and now TFI does not have any left.

Looks as though I missed out even though I had this on pre-order since late March. First and LAST purchase from TFIDownunder :mad:

Akky82
18th July 2015, 05:14 PM
Well I'm getting severely p****d off right now. Still no shipping notice for MP-10. I made full payment for it in early June and from what I can see MP-10 stock has been and gone and now TFI does not have any left.

Looks as though I missed out even though I had this on pre-order since late March. First and LAST purchase from TFIDownunder :mad:

From his facebook :

Mp-10/Superion updates! I'm pumping them out as fast as I'm receiving them. They're shipping very slow.

So it's a supplier thing not him, he gets the stock to cover preorders but it doesnt all show up at once, he had almost 200 apollyon, so I can only imagine TT MP-10 would he a similar number.

Deano85
18th July 2015, 06:39 PM
Still waiting on mine as well, I paid for mine two weeks ago. Has he posted on FB to say they've arrived?

I guess if they have to get shipped to him then shipped to us it would take a bit longer than getting shipped directly from overseas.

Trent
19th July 2015, 10:10 AM

Overreacting much?

Have you messaged him? He's pretty slow to ship stuff out because he does it on his own. It's unlikely you missed out.

Sunsurge
19th July 2015, 06:38 PM
Overreacting much?

Have you messaged him? He's pretty slow to ship stuff out because he does it on his own. It's unlikely you missed out.

No I don't believe it is over reacting, thank you Trent. Yes I have messaged him and this time last week I was told "G'day mate, I'm hoping tomorrow!"

So come Friday afternoon still with no shipping notice, I messaged him again telling him I was concerned I had missed out given that MP-10 is now listed as out of stock. Haven't received a response yet to that yet.

I have ordered from quite a few other stores (Chimungmung, Robot Kingdom etc and even a few eBay sellers) and they have never taken this long to post out in stock items.

SuspectimusPrime
19th July 2015, 10:25 PM
I believe these sorts of delays to be partially due to their newbieness to the market, and also partially due to them having an ecommerce website that is sub-par (to say the least). I've worked in an ecommerce company before, and have a small idea of the costs it take to make a proper website.

In a previous pre-order that was delayed, when I emailed them regarding an update for my order, they quoted two order numbers - one from a month ago that I never finalised to the point of confirming my pre-order (with 3 items), and one that I had confirmed (with 4 items, and got an auto-generated confirmation email from them). Evan still wrote an email to me to confirm which order I wanted. Multiple the above by x-number of orders then you've got tens or hundreds of man-hours wasted which adds to their operating costs. Most established websites I've dealt with would have a simple reporting tool that eliminates shopping-cart orders that are never finalised after an x-amount of time (it doesn't/shouldn't take a whole lot of effort to implement).

I think there is a lot of room for little time saving shortcuts to be put in place so they can reduce unnecessary communication and focus on running the business.

Akky82
20th July 2015, 06:04 AM
No I don't believe it is over reacting, thank you Trent. Yes I have messaged him and this time last week I was told "G'day mate, I'm hoping tomorrow!"

So come Friday afternoon still with no shipping notice, I messaged him again telling him I was concerned I had missed out given that MP-10 is now listed as out of stock. Haven't received a response yet to that yet.

I have ordered from quite a few other stores (Chimungmung, Robot Kingdom etc and even a few eBay sellers) and they have never taken this long to post out in stock items.

Pre-orders are not counted as stock on the site, why would it show in stock if he has 30 of them but 30 pre orders? It's obviously spares that will be available in the order coming from the supplier.

Edit: i know it was a while ago but in sept i ordered mp-12 and scoria from chimungmung and he took 2.5 weeks to post. I also had the same issue with transistor and not-ramhorn/steeljaw. Havent ordered from him since, mainly because we have a local seller now, but also due to that, i look at RK now if tfi doesnt have it.

Trent
20th July 2015, 06:44 AM

Did you pay via Paypal? If so, I find raising a dispute tends to expidite the process...

Dinkydarth
20th July 2015, 01:16 PM
Just a comment on TFIdownunder re Apollyon. I messaged him regarding a part which was incorrectly installed on Apollyon. A few weeks later, I get the part in the mail! So, I'm happy with the service!

auskinglj
20th July 2015, 03:56 PM
Received FT Sever. pre order from last year, well packed and can't fault any part of the transaction.will buy from again :cool:

The_Damned
21st July 2015, 06:20 PM
got my trypticon today hassle free box was a little dented but you know auspost.......

Kapryiath
21st July 2015, 09:52 PM
I've yet to have a negative experience with TFI , all it requires is a little patience it's a one man operation after all

AJ_Prime
23rd July 2015, 09:03 PM
I received a response from TFI downunder today after following up last night on the last email I got from him on 12/07/2015 saying it would be posted (and wasn't).

He was very apologetic and promptly rectified the mistake by posting the item immediately, updating my account status and sending tracking details and postage confirmation. In addition to this, for the trouble and delay he offered $5 store credit and posted a free accessory for the figure I ordered.

I'm hoping that these mistakes/oversights will become less and less as he gets more experienced running the business. We all make mistakes and it was big of him to take ownership and steps to building the relationship.

spiderken17
24th July 2015, 08:55 PM
I have had the same experience. No excuses, just an apology, express mailed the item and gave a discount voucher. I was impressed and happy to order more from them.

Deano85
28th July 2015, 05:01 PM
Any news on Cupola pre-orders?

SuspectimusPrime
28th July 2015, 05:16 PM

I emailed two Fridays ago and got a response from Evan saying that it will be in this week. I'll post again if/when the the tracking info comes through.

Deano85
28th July 2015, 05:23 PM
I emailed two Fridays ago and got a response from Evan saying that it will be in this week. I'll post again if/when the the tracking info comes through.

Awesome! Good to know it will arrive soon.

Trent
28th July 2015, 05:31 PM

He put up a Facebook post today saying they are in stock.

spiderken17
30th July 2015, 07:50 AM
I read something about TFi points on the website but cannot find any info (maybe I am blind). Any help?

MayzaPrime
30th July 2015, 11:54 AM
Made my first order with TFI... Fans Toys Sever

Hopefully, it will be a smooth transaction :o

Mr_K
30th July 2015, 04:03 PM
I read something about TFi points on the website but cannot find any info (maybe I am blind). Any help?

$1 spent = 1 point
100 points = $1 off

Sinnertwin
30th July 2015, 04:09 PM
$1 spent = 1 point
100 points = $1 off

That can't be right, can it?
I'd have to spend $1000 to get $10 off?

drifand
30th July 2015, 04:11 PM

Nippon Yasan only gave 2% off after I spend 1K so I am not surprised.

Mr_K
30th July 2015, 05:45 PM

Unfortunately it is

UltraMarginal
30th July 2015, 05:48 PM
woo 1% discount for loyalty.

it's actually probably pretty common values for this sort of market. it's not like they have the same margin as your local barista that gives a 10% discount through loyalty stamp cards.

UltimateGalvatron
30th July 2015, 06:22 PM
Why bother with the discount then?

drahsrebu
30th July 2015, 06:36 PM
compare with PC - $1 spent = 1 energon point

cash in 100 points and you get $5 off.

Jetfire in the sky
30th July 2015, 06:57 PM
Why bother with the discount then?

Lets say I spend $10K a year on the type of toys that TFI sells (and yes there will be people who do) that's $100 off, not so bad if you ask me, when e-bay and Chimungmung offer me zero dollars for what I spend there (although e-bay does have QANTAS points on BIN items) I haven't used Premium Collectables yet and don't know what their points are worth, but come on, hasn't TFIguy been beaten up enough in this thread?

Edit: I've just seen that the post before mine explains PC's point system :)

ZoonMaster5000
30th July 2015, 08:27 PM
Has anyone received their ft-06 sever if so did it come with instructions and a card? cause mine doesn't have either...

auskinglj
30th July 2015, 10:51 PM
Has anyone received their ft-06 sever if so did it come with instructions and a card? cause mine doesn't have either...
Yes in the bottom of the box under the foam sever come's in

ZoonMaster5000
30th July 2015, 11:01 PM
Yes in the bottom of the box under the foam sever come's in

Thanks it wasn't until I opened soar and scoria I realised severs was missing. Now the dubious task of getting in contact with him

Trent
31st July 2015, 09:21 AM
Lets say I spend $10K a year on the type of toys that TFI sells (and yes there will be people who do) that's $100 off, not so bad if you ask me, when e-bay and Chimungmung offer me zero dollars for what I spend there (although e-bay does have QANTAS points on BIN items) I haven't used Premium Collectables yet and don't know what their points are worth, but come on, hasn't TFIguy been beaten up enough in this thread?

Edit: I've just seen that the post before mine explains PC's point system :)

People that can spend 10K a year on TFs aren't gonna care if they save $100. For most people, like myself, who spend CONSIDERABLY less than that each year, it's hardly an incentive to shop there.

I look at it in terms of a free figure. To earn enough points to get a free $30 deluxe figure, at my current rate of spend, would take me 3-4 years. Maybe a bit less if I have a big burst. Previous years it would have taken less than a year but my priorities and expendable income have changed. And I doubt the points last that long.

So I see it like request flyer points, great if you're a bazillionaire, but not even worth consideration for me. And given Evan has been going on about these points on Facebook, it is a bit of a letdown. I personally think he shouldn't bother and just concentrate on offering the best possible price.

But hey, different folks...

Tober
6th August 2015, 12:09 PM
Heya TFI, Do you have any updates for UT Siegfried and Hagen? Seems the overseas stores have their stock of bot in now...

griffin
6th August 2015, 05:08 PM
This goes for any of the Dealer/Businesses that post here...
Businesses don't have to be offering loyalty programs or special deals, so getting even a small amount back is better than nothing. Any discount comes from overall profit, and the more they discount, the higher the prices will be to pay for it.... so shop around if you don't like the deals on offer.

Comparatively, the TRU VIP program is the same, with $1000 spend for points that only get you $10 off... so if you have a problem with a business that doesn't affect others (to warn them about), contact the business about it instead of ranting about it here.
If you have positive feedback about a transaction or a failed transaction, to give potential customers an idea of what to expect FROM EXPERIENCE then post about it here, but we don't need speculation or commentary in a mob style.

CyberiusPrime
9th August 2015, 07:33 PM
Hi TFI,

Will you by any chance be getting anymore Quantrons?
Or have they been and gone?

Cheers

Darthprimus
14th August 2015, 11:01 AM
Not happy with my experience so far. poor communication and feel like i've been lied too(was told it would ship next day or two and that was weeks ago). Bought items months ago and haven't received anything with virtually no updates....i want to support a Aussie business but im going back to RK.

WeallscreamforStarscream
14th August 2015, 12:43 PM
Received my FT-TESLA the other day- as promised tracking number and well packed.

Happy days :)

Borgeman
23rd August 2015, 09:16 AM
Yeah, I don't think Ill be shopping with these guys once my current orders are done. Looks like for some items they order stock to fulfill pending orders rather than having stock on hand, meaning that even though their shop has something "in stock" that's code for "we can get stock in". A form of drop shipping.
Problem being, their stock may take a week or 2 to arrive, and they may only get stock to fill half their orders, so if you miss out, you have to wait even longer for another shipment. And what happens if their supplier runs out? You miss out.

Pretty shit service to someone who may spends hundreds of dollars on an order. The whole idea of "in stock" is that the shop has the stock on hand to send you.
On top of that they never reply to your emails. Feels like they didn't properly research what it took to run a smooth business model.

Until I feel these guys (and other local shops) can accurately display stock levels/be prompt with answering inquiries, back to the big name online stores i go.

Shugoo
23rd August 2015, 11:18 AM
Yeah, I don't think Ill be shopping with these guys once my current orders are done.

Yeah, Looks like I am in the same boat. Pre-ordered a few things assuming that it is something they will be getting in stock or at least a guaranteed number of. My bad. Now that one of the pre-order dates has passed the item now indicates "Special Order". This would also back up what you are saying.

Sorry to hear about the emails to, As was going to email them tomorrow to chase a product the I pre-order that was supposedly available 1 month to the day. At this stage I am hoping they can at least fill me in on what I can expect from them.

I have ordered a fair few Tranformers related products locally recently as that would be my preference that I would like to give my business to. I also wouldn't be surprised if they are just a hobbiest that has decided to make a go of it. In that case I hope they succeed and get to where I am sure we would all like them to be. Just annoying when the one thing I order from Taiwan shows up first.

kup
25th August 2015, 12:05 PM
I made an order a couple of weeks ago with payment. Not sure what's happening as I haven't heard anything since. The item was apparently in stock so I assume they are busy but some feedback would be great. I have already sent them a message through their website but no reply as of yet.

ZoonMaster5000
25th August 2015, 12:47 PM
I made a payment on a pre-order as per their policy now on August 7th 2 1/2 weeks later it still hasn't shown on my account. Which makes me very hesitant to give them anymore of my money on other pre-orders.

Just might be sadly taking business back overseas once these are all done

kup
27th August 2015, 09:21 PM
I hate to be forced into this but this is starting to make me think that I should ask for my money back. No communication whatsoever and it's been 2 weeks going into the third.

I don't want to have to do that so I will give it a bit longer but still, a simple 'hey, we haven't forgotten you' would come a long way.

Borgeman
27th August 2015, 10:09 PM
I hate to be forced into this but this is starting to make me think that I should ask for my money back. No communication whatsoever and it's been 2 weeks going into the third.

I don't want to have to do that so I will give it a bit longer but still, a simple 'hey, we haven't forgotten you' would come a long way.

If you have facebook, post on there. Only place I got a response

AJ_Prime
27th August 2015, 10:29 PM

I had issues with communication with them. Several emails, posts on here as well as on their facebook page and through my account on their website. Took several attempts to get a response. I'd hoped they might've done something about that since, but obviously not...

If they don't address this issue as a matter or priority, they will lose a lot of customers and interest, which is not something you want to be doing when you're trying to build a business.

Also, the internet can be your best friend or your worst enemy. News travels faster than ever online. You definitely don't want bad reviews...

sifun
28th August 2015, 11:28 AM
i still dont know whats happening with my order, i've tried contacting them several times via website and on facebook.

Wormz
28th August 2015, 01:59 PM

Yea im not far off doing the same thing mate.. its getting real old real quick.. My biggest concern is that because i opted to pre-order through them i have missed the opportunity to pre-order the same item through other options due to the limited numbers.. So at this stage im looking at forking out ebay inflation prices

Initial_G
28th August 2015, 03:39 PM
It seems their response times are rather random. I emailed earlier in the week and got a reply the next day. I did see on their Facebook they mentioned a bunch of emails got caught in their junk filter and they were getting around to responding to all emails.

Not trying to make excuses for them or anything, it does surprise and bother me that customer emails would be going to junk mail ... you'd think that would be a concern to them too.

The problem I have with them, is I contact them about 2-3 things but usually only get a reply to 1 question and nothing about the others >_>

TFI don't seem to frequent these boards much lately, they keep pointing everyone to their Facebook or website (which apparently is going through a major overhaul).

kup
3rd September 2015, 09:25 AM
It seems their response times are rather random. I emailed earlier in the week and got a reply the next day. I did see on their Facebook they mentioned a bunch of emails got caught in their junk filter and they were getting around to responding to all emails.

Not trying to make excuses for them or anything, it does surprise and bother me that customer emails would be going to junk mail ... you'd think that would be a concern to them too.

The problem I have with them, is I contact them about 2-3 things but usually only get a reply to 1 question and nothing about the others >_>

TFI don't seem to frequent these boards much lately, they keep pointing everyone to their Facebook or website (which apparently is going through a major overhaul).

Yeah I got a response from them on FB. Not exactly what I wanted to hear but at least they are communicating. It seems their website/mail system is a bit of a mess and that's probably why they are not replying. I just hope their ordering system is a bit better.

Order is still up in the air but at least I can get through to them if possible. Apparently they are still waiting on stock to arrive. Communication still remains poor though as I had to chase them up and even if they were polite about it on FB, it still felt a bit uncaring so willing to give them more time but not 100% confident.

Borgeman
3rd September 2015, 10:10 AM
I got a reply last night, my email was a junk mail sufferer.

Learned that $450 of my $480 order was in stock, including my MP-10, but the Legends Arcee was not and is about a fortnight away (according to facebook there was some ordering issues etc, but thats their problem not mine).
I told em to send me what they have now, cause its been a month since I paid and I shouldn't have to wait for everything for the sake of one small toy. I even suggested they send Arcee together with my MP Sideswipe. No reply since though.

This is what happens when you go too hard too fast, without stress testing your setup. The back end of their ordering system is a shambles, as evidence by all the issues they've had with paypal etc.

alfa156
3rd September 2015, 11:04 AM
I'm trying to be patient with these guys but am getting a bit pissed off.
Did a layby, tried making a payment on it but would only allow me to make the full amount, then my order got cancelled, took a few days for them to reply and reinstate it.

I've now paid the full amount manually, no confirmation on the payments and my order is still saying I owe money on it, I've emailed, contacted on Facebook, I get told to wait a moment then have to contact them two days later to be told it's all fixed now, or they're shipping out but nothing has changed.

The item I have paid for is now no longer available from Robotkingdom and I have no idea if these guys will even send it out.

They have a very bad "she'll be right" attitude, and when asked questions they can't answer them.

I can be very patient but when I'm not getting replies and what they say is happening is not happening I just want to lodge a paypal claim.

I won't be dealing with these guys again no matter how cheap they may be, for the sake of $30 I could have my item sitting in front of me, at the moment I don't even know if I will get the item or how many months it will take.
I understand they are having issues with their website and emails going to SPAM (you'd think they would check their SPAM often) but I'm sorry I don't really care, sort out the orders for people who have paid and ship their goods.

ZoonMaster5000
3rd September 2015, 03:27 PM
I'm also trying to be patient as I know they are having trouble with PayPal actually a lot of trouble from what I've seen. I'm having issues on numerous orders which is starting to wear thin. Especially with the we'll look after you attitude which they obviously aren't.

So I'll be waiting until the new site goes live if problems are still there it's back overseas I go!

Shugoo
4th September 2015, 03:20 PM
Sent these guys an email over a week ago, sent them a Facebook message on Monday. It is now Friday and I think I have been quite patient but it doesn't help I am chasing an order that has been pending status for over 5 weeks now.

Anyone know what next step in trying to contact these guys should be?

Sinnertwin
4th September 2015, 03:55 PM
Sent these guys an email over a week ago, sent them a Facebook message on Monday. It is now Friday and I think I have been quite patient but it doesn't help I am chasing an order that has been pending status for over 5 weeks now.

Anyone know what next step in trying to contact these guys should be?

Credit Card or Paypal chargeback.

Shugoo
4th September 2015, 04:30 PM
Credit Card or Paypal chargeback.

Yeah, was considering lodging through Paypal if all went haywire and I am not responded to. Was leaving that as a last resort though I think I am almost there. It will also mean cancelling the pre-order I also have with them as I won't be willing to go through this again. I will give it a couple more days then i'm out.

Trent
4th September 2015, 06:55 PM
Yeah, was considering lodging through Paypal if all went haywire and I am not responded to. Was leaving that as a last resort though I think I am almost there. It will also mean cancelling the pre-order I also have with them as I won't be willing to go through this again. I will give it a couple more days then i'm out.

Send them an email stating that if they don't reply within 48 you'll lodge a PayPal claim. If they're reading the emails that'll work. If you don't hear back, go ahead and lodge a claim

z3r03d
4th September 2015, 10:51 PM
sorry to hear everyones issue but really I am glad there is a thread about this.

I was about to order 8 toys today but thought i should check OTCA first.

after seeing all the feedback, i will never do business with that place at all.

SuspectimusPrime
5th September 2015, 12:54 AM
after seeing all the feedback, i will never do business with that place at all.

It's a shame they didn't properly invest in their ecommerce platform, or even simply go with one of the many off-the-shelf models available. Sure, they would have to cope with reduced margins, but it may easily have avoided the negative flak and missed opportunities.

alfa156
5th September 2015, 02:39 AM
Well I've lodged a claim. Not sure if I'll get my money back as they told me to use the manual payment option for the majority of the order (well over $100) which you cant claim on. I'll be able to do a cc charge back for some. By the time this gets sorted in three weeks time it will cost me about $350-$400 for an item that was $250 by the time our dollar drops even more and everyone buys what is left, plus with the money I won't get back, I should have stuck with RK. Not happy at all.

alfa156
5th September 2015, 02:59 AM
Send them an email stating that if they don't reply within 48 you'll lodge a PayPal claim. If they're reading the emails that'll work. If you don't hear back, go ahead and lodge a claim

I've lodged a claim without advising them I would be, 6 days since final payment is more than enough time to ship an item, if I wait another two days then that just delays things even more, even as an occasional seller I've never taken this long to ship an item and if there was ever delays I would let people know, they seem to have no idea what's happening with any orders, I don't see why it's so hard to look at your emails and conclude that the item is paid for by all the paypal emails? businesses have to fallback to manual processing all the time and still get stuff done. I don't care that their SPAM filter is catching emails, I've tried several email addresses to get correspondence one which was a vic.edu.au address which surely should not be seen as SPAM. A paypal claim will take three weeks because I'm quite sure they will just not respond to the claim, then I will have to lodge a CC chargeback to try and recover the manual payments I made due to their system being a piece of junk, unless Paypal will be fair and refund the manual payments since there were all for the same order and the order number was in the description of each payment.. Like I said this item has sold like hotcakes so I may never be able to buy it unless I pay about 2x what it was originally selling for in a months time on Ebay. RK are out of stock now, hopefully there is a third production run due to it's popularity. I wish I'd gone with my gut instinct when my order was cancelled as I tried to make a layby payment and just lodged a claim then and there instead of trusting them with their we'll look after you mate attitude, they are not looking after me and have just taken my money with nothing to show for it, I'm tempted to also make a complaint to the retail ombudsman since it's clear my issues are not an isolated incident.

alfa156
7th September 2015, 03:27 PM
My item is apparently ready to ship but he's saying he won't ship it until I remove the paypal claim.

Sinnertwin
7th September 2015, 03:41 PM
My item is apparently ready to ship but he's saying he won't ship it until I remove the paypal claim.

Funny how it works like that when a claim is lodged, isn't it?

DaptoDog
7th September 2015, 03:41 PM

Perhaps you remove it to get what you ordered, then never order from them again.

SuspectimusPrime
7th September 2015, 03:48 PM
Perhaps you remove it to get what you ordered, then never order from them again.

Whilst there is a lot to criticize over their order process, their delivery process is pretty good. All 3 of my previous orders (third party items) were securely packaged with ample void fill and bagged to prevent dust from soiling the box.

alfa156
7th September 2015, 03:55 PM
Funny how it works like that when a claim is lodged, isn't it?

It's not supposed to work that way. Having said that I've never filed a dispute because an item hasn't been sent, only ever one for something that was broken, the seller refused to refund saying it must have been broken in transit because his son had been using it the day before (which was several days after I'd paid for it) it was an XBOX just dropped into a box with no padding.

alfa156
7th September 2015, 03:57 PM

If I do that and he doesn't send it I can't make another claim.

alfa156
7th September 2015, 04:00 PM
Well, I updated the dispute with his email saying he won't send and Paypal have automatically escalated it to a claim..

drifand
7th September 2015, 04:05 PM
Well, I updated the dispute with his email saying he won't send and Paypal have automatically escalated it to a claim..

With all due respect, I do understand his concerns as well. I am leaving this transaction as a neutral that both of you are in terms not in any progress of a successful transition.

Borgeman
7th September 2015, 04:10 PM
I have been fairly critical of them on here so far, but after engaging in some conversation with Jon (the owner) via email, I realise its more a case of biting off more than you can chew.

He has clearly seen a market to make money but I don't think he expected the volume of sales and so they are really struggling to keep up at the mo.
They also dived in too early without setting themselves up properly. They have a below average website (which a replacement is apparently almost ready? dunno), paypal issues which may or may not be their fault but its their only payment method so they have to cop some blame for that, some logistical issues from suppliers, and they also continually take orders for items that aren't in stock and make customers wait while stock comes in.

He mentioned he has new staff on board so hopefully the backlog of orders gets sorted.
I gave him a few ideas for showing stock status with examples from the worlds best online store http://www.pccasegear.com/ :p but realistically he needs to control the order process more and be upfront about if something is in stock/any ETAs on future stock. Otherwise he will forever get unhappy customers waiting on orders.

TL: DR - after some chats with the owner via email, I will reserve my official judgement on the store till after his operations are settled. He went too hard to early

Borgeman
7th September 2015, 04:15 PM

He wont send the goods as he is worried you will lie after you get it and say you never got it and push for a refund.

Ask yourself, what do you want? If you want the order, drop the claim, but first ask him to sent the parcel using some tracking method because you have been let down by the service and you want to be sure its on its way. If it all falls to shit you can always go to the bank and do a credit charge back.

Otherwise, tell him to just refund your money, cancel the claim, and shop elsewhere if you have lost confidence.

alfa156
7th September 2015, 05:36 PM
I'm done commenting on this. All I'm doing is giving a business a bad name for logistic issues which isn't really fair. I'm just being an impatient twat.

alfa156
7th September 2015, 05:40 PM
I have a tendancy to always be on high alert and overreact. This is all just one big misunderstanding on my part and a miscommunication.

Sinnertwin
7th September 2015, 05:54 PM
I have a tendancy to always be on high alert and overreact. This is all just one big misunderstanding on my part and a miscommunication.

I don't think so at all.
Waiting 6 days to have an item that has been paid for shipped out is absolutely pathetic.

alfa156
7th September 2015, 06:00 PM
I don't think so at all.
Waiting 6 days to have an item that has been paid for shipped out is absolutely pathetic.
Sent you a pm

Borgeman
7th September 2015, 06:22 PM

I don't think so at all.

Sinnertwin is right. I bought 3 things listed as in stock and have been waiting 3+ weeks now. He didnt actually have them "on hand" in sock, but rather "i can get stock in" in stock. Which is pathetic.
But I still think these local guys are needed. So imma wait a while a few moths maybe, and get something off him again to see if he has sorted himself out.

alfa156
7th September 2015, 07:18 PM
Due to possible ramifications of anything I say I'm not comfortable discussing it anymore in a public forum... It's all sorted now and that's that.

Sunsurge
7th September 2015, 07:23 PM
Well I placed my first order with TFI a couple of months ago. Was told several times "will ship tomorrow" or "should ship in a few days" etc but it took them about 2 weeks to send the thing out. I was very close to filing a Paypal claim myself.

I did find them very had to contact via both Facebook and e-mail.

There is one pre-order left on my account which I've been told I cannot cancel. So be it, I will go ahead with it then, but will not place any more orders after that.

alfa156
10th September 2015, 11:34 AM
Item received well packaged and undamaged so claim cancelled. I will consider ordering from them again but will wait a while and see if their service quality improves.

I'd advise anyone considering a PayPal dispute/claim to just know you're rights and don't allow yourself to be bullied out of using PayPal the way it's intended for your protection.

You cannot be charged a cancellation fee nor referred to debt collectors for not cancelling a PayPal dispute/claim until the item has been received. If you do cancel the claim you can't open another if the postie runs it over enroute.

UltraMarginal
10th September 2015, 11:36 AM
i'm glad it all worked out in the end.

alfa156
10th September 2015, 11:38 AM
i'm glad it all worked out in the end.

As am I, I just would have referred a much smoother transaction.

ZoonMaster5000
10th September 2015, 12:35 PM
As am I, I just would have referred a much smoother transaction.

yeah maybe just sit tight until the new website is up and hope it is more customer friendly.

It's funny all these complaints (mine included) and in the blink of an eye every issue I had resolved with my authorisation they shifted funds so they could send a 3 bot order today.

So just when you think all hope is lost it all comes out rosie. In saying that it shouldn't be allowed to get that bad in the first place.

Trent
10th September 2015, 02:38 PM
Item received well packaged and undamaged so claim cancelled. I will consider ordering from them again but will wait a while and see if their service quality improves.

I'd advise anyone considering a PayPal dispute/claim to just know you're rights and don't allow yourself to be bullied out of using PayPal the way it's intended for your protection.

You cannot be charged a cancellation fee nor referred to debt collectors for not cancelling a PayPal dispute/claim until the item has been received. If you do cancel the claim you can't open another if the postie runs it over enroute.

So he threatened to do that huh? He has also made similar threats on Facebook.

Classy.

alfa156
10th September 2015, 03:15 PM

Classy.

I wonder if that was to me, I blocked his Facebook page and email address.
I'm not sure where he gets his legal advice from but he would not have had a leg to stand on lol.

He told me to look at his policies, I could not see anything in there about 60% cancellation fees (I never cancelled mind you) and I fail to see how debt collectors would chase me when it was PayPal holding the funds not me, I was not aware PayPal took the money back during a dispute until now.

If you're going to use PayPal as your payment method you are bound by their buyer protection policies...

Tober
11th September 2015, 03:50 AM

Classy.

Got link?

I currently have a dispute open after he tried to charge me 60% cost after returning an unopened item. Escalated to a PayPal claim yesterday and I receive an invoice for Spotter today...

I might have to go through Mastercard to retrieve the other outstanding payments as well. What a PITA. :mad:

alfa156
11th September 2015, 06:36 AM
Got link?

I currently have a dispute open after he tried to charge me 60% cost after returning an unopened item. Escalated to a PayPal claim yesterday and I receive an invoice for Spotter today...

I might have to go through Mastercard to retrieve the other outstanding payments as well. What a PITA. :mad: good luck. I got off relatively easy. A 60% cancellation fee is rediculous. Especially when their website makes no mention of it and suggests they'll give you a store credit. Unfortunately this type of service is quite common in Australia and one of the reasons I shop overseas, GST won't fix crappy service. Contact consumer affairs about the legality of that 60% fee though generally if you return due to changing your mind you can't do much.

alfa156
11th September 2015, 08:01 AM
OK, I see where the 60% cancellation fee he threatened me with came from now, the pre-order policy. I'm not quite sure how that applies to an item that was apparently in stock. So essentially he'll apply his policies however he sees fit.

Fine if it was a pre-order, but my item was in stock and he claimed it was a restocking fee not a pre-order cancellation fee. If the cancellation policies apply for all items then I'd suggest moving it into the terms of sale as I'm not going to look at pre-order policies unless I've made a pre-order.

The moral of the story here is if you can't ship things out in a timely manner let people know, employ an extra person just to respond to emails and Facebook messages, or provide a phone number so people can talk to a real person, and if people are emailing and messaging you over and over and you're taking days to respond or not at all, or you say it will ship today or tomorrow and three days later they still can't get in contact with you then you're going to get PayPal disputes.

He told me he'd replied to all my emails but looking at the firewall at work where I sent him an email from, the only email there is from my address to him, this is in the SMTP log where all emails are recorded for a month without exception, this will also show any that are in the SMTP quarantine (SPAM)

Jetfire in the sky
11th September 2015, 08:10 AM
good luck. I got off relatively easy. A 60% cancellation fee is rediculous. Especially when their website makes no mention of it and suggests they'll give you a store credit. Unfortunately this type of service is quite common in Australia and one of the reasons I shop overseas, GST won't fix crappy service. Contact consumer affairs about the legality of that 60% fee though generally if you return due to changing your mind you can't do much.

He doesn't have an ABN on his website so would most likely not be registered for GST. Unless it changed this financial year a business does not have to register for GST if it's revenue (not profits) is less that $75,000 per financial year.

UltimateGalvatron
11th September 2015, 09:44 AM
Sounds like I'm never gonna use this place.

1AZRAEL1
11th September 2015, 10:02 AM
Sounds like some bad experiences. Glad i didn't bite and buy a few things the other night. It's a shame really

drifand
11th September 2015, 10:14 AM
Do take note , Japanese online stores also have a non cancelation policy so please be a bit mindful about comparing etc.

I had to use this store once as no other stores were selling an item and it was a good experience.

Hopefully he pull his socks up.

RokDog
11th September 2015, 11:10 AM
It appears they're exhibiting at OzComicon Brisbane weekend after next. Perhaps those with concerns can discuss their policies in person?
http://www.ozcomiccon.com/en/Exhibitors/968690/TFI-Down-Under

alfa156
11th September 2015, 02:31 PM
Do take note , Japanese online stores also have a non cancelation policy so please be a bit mindful about comparing etc.

I had to use this store once as no other stores were selling an item and it was a good experience.

Hopefully he pull his socks up. I don't have an issue with cancellation policies, it's when you're threatened with them because you disputed a transaction due to poor communication that I have an issue. I never wanted to cancel, I just wanted an ETA and some correspondence.