PDA

View Full Version : Custom Agent Ravage WIP

ChlorHex
2nd August 2008, 04:54 AM
Hey dudes,
it's my first attempt at a custom bot! Yeah! :D
It's meant to be Ravage as he evolves from obedient little G1 kitty cat to Agent Ravage just before the Beast Wars.
Still some touch-ups to be done to the mold and then it'll be painting time.
He fully transformable... it's a simple transformation that's more of an evolution of Ravage than anything else :p

STL
2nd August 2008, 09:34 AM
Ohh, very nice! A sculpter too that opens up a world of possibiltities

jaydisc
2nd August 2008, 01:42 PM
Are those five Ikea Detolfs you have your figures displayed in?

Pulse
2nd August 2008, 03:35 PM
I'm guessing this isn't the first time you've had a go at sculpting... :)

ChlorHex
2nd August 2008, 03:43 PM
I'm guessing this isn't the first time you've had a go at sculpting... :)

First time for toys, Pulse...
I used to do pottery work when I was a student 2 decades back so the skills acquired from making em pots have finally come in handy after along time :p

ChlorHex
2nd August 2008, 03:44 PM
Are those five Ikea Detolfs you have your figures displayed in?

Yups, good ole detolfs... they're a little narrow tho but for that kinda price you just can't argue :)

iceburn
2nd August 2008, 04:54 PM
hm hm hm...you guys are simply amazing ...speechless

ChlorHex
4th August 2008, 12:34 AM
Here's a pic of Agent Ravage so far... still WIP.
The eyes have not been painted but I used Microsoft Paint to highlight the eyes bit as the pic is too dark.

ChlorHex
6th August 2008, 03:11 AM
Hey guys!
I'd completed Agent Ravage and I'm ecstatic! :) (not that anyone gives a toss)
Do check out the pic and let me know what you think... it's my first so be gentle :p
More pics on me blog :D

i_amtrunks
6th August 2008, 10:46 AM
I like the metallic finish on the body, the flash of the camera just highlights it further!

STL
6th August 2008, 10:48 AM
that's pretty damn nice!

Pulse
6th August 2008, 11:10 AM
Looks nice! :)

Were you going for the scratched finish or did the camera do that?

lcz128
6th August 2008, 01:36 PM
How'd you sculpt so smoothly? :D Well done :)

ChlorHex
7th August 2008, 01:32 AM
Thanks for the positive comments guys :)
It's very encouraging for a newbie.

Looks nice! :)

Were you going for the scratched finish or did the camera do that?

Oh, was aiming for a battle worn but still very much intact-in-one-piece kinda look for Agent Ravage... the camera just enhanced the effect.

ChlorHex
7th August 2008, 01:38 AM
How'd you sculpt so smoothly? :D Well done :)

I'd used a heavy-duty filing tool to file deep into both the KneadIt sculpty (dries in 5 mins) and the plastic... after which it was just mild sanding that gave the smooth finish.

gamblor916
7th August 2008, 10:42 AM
Nice job. Tell us more about this Kneadit putty, I've never seen it before.

ChlorHex
8th August 2008, 09:00 PM
Nice job. Tell us more about this Kneadit putty, I've never seen it before.

"A versatile, hand kneadable fast setting epoxy putty that is ideal for repairing, rebuilding, reshaping or restoring almost anything. It can be drilled, filed, machined, screwed, sawn, sanded, stained and painted. Packaged in a handy roll so you can just cut off what you require and save the rest for another day, it hardens in 5-10 minutes, after mixing. Approved for contact with drinking water."

ChlorHex
8th August 2008, 09:09 PM
hey gamblor916,
that quote's extracted from the advert for Kneadit. It's really an awesome medium to use for sculpting if you lack the patience like me... I hate waiting for putty to dry (had enough of clay with pottery). Kneadit dries quick so you've got to get the initial shape that you want done up really quickly. After which, you can file and sand it to shape. Really like it as it's rock solid and doesn't break. Made a 2cm x 0.5cm trial roll and couldn't break it after applying considerable pressure. So if you shape a sharp bit, you know it's not going to break easily :)

gamblor916
8th August 2008, 10:25 PM
I gotta try some, the Tamiya putty I use is ok but it's not great.

ChlorHex
9th August 2008, 04:19 AM
How long does the Tamiya putty take to harden? I'm also keen on doing re-sculpts for Marvel Legends figures in the near future... KneadIt would be too hard and dries too quickly for human facial sculpts so I'd like to find out what the alternatives are. What else have you used before, gamblor916?

gamblor916
9th August 2008, 01:29 PM
Just Tamiya putty which is ok to work with for about an hour. Just picked up some Mori Mori from hlj but haven't tried it yet.

iceburn
10th August 2008, 02:23 AM
more pics???

ChlorHex
10th August 2008, 06:33 AM
Updated my blog with more pictures.
Here are some as well :)

loophole
10th August 2008, 05:53 PM
thats looking pretty kick ass!!