PDA

View Full Version : Transformers Age of Extinction Superbowl Spot

ILikeSoundwave
3rd February 2014, 11:34 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttb0RhhHr5A&list=PLPCb6qD6nQhBurYX7DRBtxAgVuyVkRs5m

That was awesome!!!!:D:D:D...... I mean.. it was Okay, whatever.:D:p:o

colin78
3rd February 2014, 11:38 AM
Here 's the link for the Superbowl trailer...Grimlock looks awesome!!

http://vimeo.com/85680308

DELTAprime
3rd February 2014, 11:51 AM
BFG out of a face?:confused:

Bidoofdude
3rd February 2014, 12:01 PM
Just saw it. Wow. The dinobots are REALLY huge. Optimus is smaller than Grimlock's head. :eek:

lancalot
3rd February 2014, 12:02 PM
that was pretty cool....lots of explosion :D

Bidoofdude
3rd February 2014, 12:04 PM
Was pretty cool. Can't wait for a longer trailer. DINOBOTS ARE HUGE. :eek:

Verno
3rd February 2014, 12:06 PM
Well, it's the same style.

1AZRAEL1
3rd February 2014, 12:09 PM
Not really sure how I feel about Optimus as a cowboy. But I like the look so far.

Skullcruncher
3rd February 2014, 12:10 PM
I've been trying to keep away from spoilers as much as possible so that looked great! I'm pleased grimlock(?) is freaking huge as prime riding a standard size grimlock.... well that would be a bit sad.

Whos the green guy? No wait don't tell me I will wait for the movie! Avoiding spoilers is definitely the way to go.

1AZRAEL1
3rd February 2014, 12:20 PM
I try avoid all the spoilers too, though sometimes I see some :o

I'll watch the trailer again on my computer when I get home, phone not great lol.

Trent
3rd February 2014, 12:31 PM
Well, it's the same style.

my thoughts too

Skullcruncher
3rd February 2014, 12:32 PM
I try avoid all the spoilers too, though sometimes I see some :o

I read all the spoilers for DOTM - definitely reduced the enjoyment of watching it at the movies.

DELTAprime
3rd February 2014, 12:34 PM
I really don't like that gun coming out of Galvatron's? head.

ILikeSoundwave
3rd February 2014, 12:39 PM
I really don't like that gun coming out of Galvatron's? head.

Please warn us if you are going to reveal a spoiler.:(

1orion2many
3rd February 2014, 12:44 PM
Ugh! Optimus riding Grimlock Really:rolleyes:

DELTAprime
3rd February 2014, 12:45 PM
Please warn us if you are going to reveal a spoiler.:(

You watched it, you already know what happens.

ILikeSoundwave
3rd February 2014, 01:04 PM
You watched it, you already know what happens.
The trailer didn't reveal the characters name.

Paulbot
3rd February 2014, 01:10 PM
No one knows that character's name. Besides the obvious name of the new character at the end, the other names and which bots they apply to, are mostly guesses.

DELTAprime
3rd February 2014, 01:19 PM
No one knows that character's name. Besides the obvious name of the new character at the end, the other names and which bots they apply to, are mostly guesses.

And I'm guessing that thats Galvatron, hence why it's followed by a ?.

And following your logic Soundwave we can't talk about Grimlock other than to say "look at that unidentified T-rex at the end". There is a thread where we have been talking about what is a spoiler, sorry but whats in the trailer is no longer a spoiler.

Skullcruncher
3rd February 2014, 01:41 PM
I thought the name of that thing Prime was sitting on had been revealed... it would be funny if it turned out to be something else... good one Mr bay and the writers - you got us!

ILikeSoundwave
3rd February 2014, 01:51 PM
And I'm guessing that thats Galvatron, hence why it's followed by a ?.

And following your logic Soundwave we can't talk about Grimlock other than to say "look at that unidentified T-rex at the end". There is a thread where we have been talking about what is a spoiler, sorry but whats in the trailer is no longer a spoiler.
I myself do not care for spoilers, I'll read everything I find, but I'm trying to explain to you that there people such as Skullcruncher who have seen the trailer but still don't want to be spoiled by knowing character names such as the "green guy". And I'm not talking about Dinobots, once you see them you'll immediately know who they are and I'm sure that everyone on this whole planet who is keeping away from spoilers already knows that Dinobots play a role in the 4th movie, that is a spoiler to some that you can't keep away from. But characters such as the guy you previously mentioned and the "green guy" that look totally unlike their G1 counterparts are the ones people try to hide from because they would prefer to find out and introduced to while watching the film, this makes people more excited and eager to watch this movie than oppose to knowing all characters names the movie consists of before ever seeing it.

My main point is that I'm trying to say is people would like to be introduced to those unknown characters during the film, to give them an element of suprise.

I've been trying to keep away from spoilers as much as possible so that looked great! I'm pleased grimlock(?) is freaking huge as prime riding a standard size grimlock.... well that would be a bit sad.

Whos the green guy? No wait don't tell me I will wait for the movie! Avoiding spoilers is definitely the way to go.

Sinnertwin
3rd February 2014, 02:14 PM
Not really sure how I feel about Optimus as a cowboy. But I like the look so far.

http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/dairycon-2010-lucky-draw-pretender-convoy/17946/
;) :p

All these trailers look the same to me. :rolleyes: Then again, i suppose it is to be expected

griffin
3rd February 2014, 02:21 PM
I think we should just let Grimlock be accepted... we've seen a dino on the trailer, and we've been bombarded with Grimlocks from toy lists and Toyfair info (next week's US Toyfair will make it even more confirmed as well).

As for the other characters in the trailer, I think we should probably keep the speculation or pairing up of known toy names in a new topic (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=17883)...

We have a green bot, a gun-face bot, a two-headed wing bot, and the one cutting the red car in half (who could be the gun-face bot)... plus a few other background bots, and something at the start that looks like a giant scorpion (to me).

As for the trailer itself, that was a bit of a let-down. At full speed and no long pauses, it's only about 10 seconds of footage... and the final shot of Optimus on Grimlock should have been longer for full effect.

Paulbot
3rd February 2014, 02:30 PM
The final shot of Optimus and the beast was just the right length. Just enough to make you go "what did I just see" and want to see it again/see more. Just like a teaser should.

UltraMarginal
3rd February 2014, 02:45 PM
BFG out of a face?:confused:

How about that whiplash!!:D

oddly not overly excited by the teaser. some interesting elements, as mentioned by others, the style doesn't appear to have changed too much except characters do seem to have more colour which is nice.

here's hoping the final cut is at least as enjoyable as the first or 3rd movie

ILikeSoundwave
3rd February 2014, 02:47 PM
The CGI looks more cartoonish and less realistic or it just could be that it's not finished yet?

griffin
3rd February 2014, 03:30 PM
Still not a fan of Bots that look organic... with no kibble to even help guess at what it transforms into.
This was something Hasbro had trouble getting Bay to apply to the first movie Autobots CGI models... back when they still had some say over the creative process.

Bidoofdude
3rd February 2014, 03:36 PM
The CGI looks more cartoonish and less realistic or it just could be that it's not finished yet?

I see that, especially on the close up of Optimus. You can obviously tell it looks unfinished.

KaRNiV8L PRiME
3rd February 2014, 03:48 PM
Screen caps from Seibertron.com (http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/transformers-age-of-extinction-super-bowl-trailer-screencaps/29305/)

CBratron
3rd February 2014, 03:56 PM
I really need to stop paying attention to these trailers and leaked on-set photos. It's just depressing.

Deonasis
3rd February 2014, 04:18 PM
Everything was massive but not a good teaser, it felt rushed. I thought Mark saying "Get behind me" with blue sky in the background was an odd choice to add amonst the baysplosions and he was clearly in other snippets. Maybe it would be better to freeze that frame and have his name subtitled.

And the cgi will be vastly improved by ticket time :D Unfortunately you cannot promise improved stories :(

DELTAprime
3rd February 2014, 07:10 PM
Looking at the stills of the Green bot I see Chicago is in one piece again after getting torn apart from Megatron's takeover in DOTM. Since this movie is taking place after DOTM Chicago should still be ruins.

It took the Americans over a decade to build just one building at One World Trade in New York. I doubt they could rebuild all of Chicago in the 3 years since Megatron ripped it apart.

griffin
3rd February 2014, 07:35 PM
WTC was mostly due to politicians, interest group and red tape getting in the way. A whole city reconstruction might be easier... and we don't know how long it has been since the third movie either. They don't want to jump too far ahead though, as there was already a few years between each of the others, so if it includes something real-world (like the odd president cameo of TF1 & TF2).

griffin
3rd February 2014, 08:13 PM
Several big clear images have been sent (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/transformers-movie-just-movie-31/transformers-age-of-extinction-teaser-detailed-hd-images-179224/) to TFW by shootfortheedit site, for a better look at the robots in the trailer.

Blink90210
3rd February 2014, 08:32 PM
I think it did it's job as a teaser trailer, it still feels very much like what's come before it. Even after all this time I haven't fully warmed up to the movie aesthetic but I remain optimistic that I'll be entertained for the duration of the film.

Sharky
3rd February 2014, 08:38 PM
Man that cap trailer was awesome! Winter soldier can not come quick enough!

Starscream77
3rd February 2014, 10:01 PM
Except for the obvious new additions to the cast it looks like DOTM part 2 to me, very similar vibe to it.
But seeing Op riding Grim is just wrong, I wish I could un see it :eek:

Tetsuwan Convoy
3rd February 2014, 10:20 PM
Man that cap trailer was awesome! Winter soldier can not come quick enough!

LIIIIIKEE!:D

A whole load of "whatever" on the TF4 front. Looks like more MBAY super sloppyness to me.

Winter Soldier on the other hand. HOWDY FRIKKING DOODY!

Sky Shadow
3rd February 2014, 10:25 PM
Riiight...

The only second in the entire trailer that says 'hey - maybe this movie isn't total $#!*" is Optimus riding a dinosaur in rural Japan. The film looks so bad that this time I don't intend to even waste my time watching it.

AJ_Prime
3rd February 2014, 10:28 PM
I'm pretty excited for the movie, I don't mind the organic look of the Baybots.

In addition to the usual giant fighting, transforming robots (as if that wasn't awesome enough), we also get to see an enormous robot dinosaur destroying things. Does it get any better?

I'm going in open minded regarding the plot (not that the last three movies had much of one) in that I'm not expecting too much. I don't mind Bay's interpretation of the franchise too much, after all it has to appeal to (or at least entertain) a much wider audience than the fanbase. That means the story writing and characters are open to some creative licence if the film wants to make money at the box office and be competitive with the market in general, in relation to this type of genre.

I'm looking forward to the next instalment. Robots, explosions, a good looking female lead actor. It has all the elements necessary to grab my attention at least. :D

Gofigure
3rd February 2014, 11:06 PM
Kinda wished 'he who can't be named' was actually approx T. Rex size :(

I know I sound like I'm being that guy but for me it's just things like that that 'ground' it all for me. Was the same when I was 8 years old discussing size of autobots and dinobots, how they compare etc in the playground. it fleshes out the whole universe and it's provides some level of realism (for want of a better word)

Instead we get an oversize fantasy Dino/Dragon hybrid...

Would have loved a scaled T. rex alt mode, backstory on how these autobots were based on prehistoric earth creatures, lost for millions of years. Man that would have been so cool

Tetsuwan Convoy
3rd February 2014, 11:13 PM
backstory on how these autobots were based on prehistoric earth creatures, lost for millions of years.
Lucky to get any story with Bay movies.

I'll see it, but only coz I get to see movies for free.

BigTransformerTrev
4th February 2014, 12:54 PM
I think ol' Grimmy looks a he's had a bit taken out of several different IDW comics. His colour scheme and jaw look like he did in 'Maximum Dinobots' and his horns look like they were lifted from 'Monstoristy'.

Bit of a shame they are all monster looking and proportioned rather than Dino looking. I'm just hoping they aren't portrayed simply as monsters/animals in the movie, and that Optimus has just somehow tamed Grimlock to be his personal steed.

1orion2many
4th February 2014, 01:09 PM
I'm just hoping they aren't portrayed simply as monsters/animals in the movie, and that Optimus has just somehow tamed Grimlock to be his personal steed.

Don't hold your breath as this is more likely the case with bay:rolleyes:

Skullcruncher
4th February 2014, 01:21 PM
I'm looking forward to the next instalment. Robots, explosions, a good looking female lead actor. It has all the elements necessary to grab my attention at least. :D

This! Watching movies/tv is the only time to check out some eye candy without the Mrs giving me the evils. :D

With the size of the grim I'm pretty sure he would've been on earth the whole time. No one would have noticed him so no back story needed :p

Lord_Zed
4th February 2014, 06:50 PM
Ummm, it looks kind of just like the trailers for the last two films. Glimpses of new robots, Optimus Prime doing something or other. Some Bay girl in trouble, Lead male yammering something, shot of spaceships etc etc.

Not overly excited myself, although at least It had more shots of Transformers actually doing things, and I could make out what they were doing roughly too so that was a plus.

kup
5th February 2014, 12:12 AM
Just saw the trailer for the first time. Did not see anything to get excited about..more like deja vu.

shokwave2
5th February 2014, 05:23 AM
Looks good, except Grimlock looks too dragony and less dinosaury. Whats with the horns? Shoot lasers perhaps?

Gofigure
5th February 2014, 09:39 AM
I'm terrified there is no robot mode

But then again, if the movie is terrible and we get the reboot in 10 years we may get a better Grimmy. Might just be better to accept the BayGrimDragon, move on, and hope for a better version later.

5FDP
5th February 2014, 12:52 PM
I liked the trailer but yeah... it did look kinda samey.

Robzy
7th February 2014, 12:06 AM
That teaser did nothing for me. More of the same, sadly.