PDA

View Full Version : TF4 Trailer - robot guesses

griffin
3rd February 2014, 02:15 PM
To help keep the spoilers out of the Trailer topic (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=17881), who do you think the new bots are in the TF4 trailer?

We have a green bot, a gun-face bot, a two-headed wing bot, and the one cutting the red car in half (who could be the gun-face bot)... plus a few other background bots, and something at the start that looks like a giant scorpion (to me).

What names should they have, or what names do you know for sure they are from other news or leaks?

ILikeSoundwave
3rd February 2014, 02:34 PM
Well the guys face that turns into a gun has to be Lockdown (Lamborghini Aventador) judging by the face reveal (http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-news-rumors/972199-aoe-lockdowns-face.html) we got before which shows that he has 3 pipes on each side of this face, and so does the gunface guy. And if you pause in the right moment you can see his face a couple steps after the gun is transforming whichs shows him looking very bald like how Lockdowns face looks in the tfw link.

SMHFConvoy
3rd February 2014, 02:39 PM
I've watched the teaser a few times and I have the feeling that the decepticons might actually be predacons or quintessons and I like that.

Paulbot
3rd February 2014, 02:55 PM
I presume the "two-headed wing bot" is Strafe (swoop) but I wouldn't be surprised if it was Cyclonus either.

We've seen the red car cut in half in one of the still photos, with Prime and some others driving towards it. Do we think it's a Transformer too or just a regular car?

ILikeSoundwave
3rd February 2014, 03:15 PM
I presume the "two-headed wing bot" is Strafe (swoop) but I wouldn't be surprised if it was Cyclonus either.

We've seen the red car cut in half in one of the still photos, with Prime and some others driving towards it. Do we think it's a Transformer too or just a regular car?

I think the two headed wing bot has 2 seperate personalities, I think one head will be Swoop and the other Strafe, and there is no way it can be Cyclonus because it was helping Bumblebee up in the trailer.

griffin
3rd February 2014, 03:36 PM
I thought Bbee was jumping up to fight it... but then remembered the leaked toy image of the two-headed winged beast being an Autobot. (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=17412)

Bidoofdude
3rd February 2014, 03:37 PM
Is it helping Bumblebee, or is Bumblebee attacking it? I don't think it's particularly clear from the short shot. ;)

It looks like it's letting Bumblebee grab hold of it's leg thing, but it could be a battle as well.

ILikeSoundwave
3rd February 2014, 03:38 PM
I'm pretty sure it's helping Bumblebee out of danger.

Paulbot
3rd February 2014, 03:39 PM
Is it helping Bumblebee, or is Bumblebee attacking it? I don't think it's particularly clear from the short shot. ;)

My guess is that the robot will be a Dinobot, but I also expect that the Autobots will have to fight the Dinobots at some stage too, before the Dinos join the Autobots' side.

ILikeSoundwave
3rd February 2014, 04:03 PM
The thing that I want to know the most is who is that White/Sliver guy that ripped through the red car, is it the Freightliner Argosy?

Autocon
3rd February 2014, 04:44 PM
Is the green car the green bot? :p Corvette or something?

ILikeSoundwave
3rd February 2014, 04:48 PM
Is the green car the green bot? :p Corvette or something?

I'm pretty sure that's Crosshairs

Deonasis
3rd February 2014, 05:04 PM
At first i thought the gun-face was a human created transforming spider tank but all reports point heavily to Lockdown.

And who is the big bot looking at Optimus hanging upside down? If that is Lockdown too then perspective is skewing stuff or mass shifting is REAL.

crankcase76
3rd February 2014, 06:51 PM
Could the green bot be Kup? The cape he is wearing is a throw off to! The one slicing the car in half is a hard one to pick as well. Guess it all depends on which era Bay decided to use.:confused:

DELTAprime
3rd February 2014, 07:24 PM
The thing that I want to know the most is who is that White/Sliver guy that ripped through the red car, is it the Freightliner Argosy?

I'm guessing that is Galvatron since he looks reminiscent of a Megatron design.

Paulbot
3rd February 2014, 07:40 PM
Of course Movieverse characters don't have to have anything in common with their namesakes in other eras. Just looking at pictures (with nothing else to go on) it would be a stretch to guess which cars were Sideswipe, Jolt, Mudflap, Skids, Ironhide, Ratchet, Que, Dino, Sideways, Bonecrusher or Soundwave etc ;)

griffin
3rd February 2014, 08:12 PM
Several big clear images have been sent (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/transformers-movie-just-movie-31/transformers-age-of-extinction-teaser-detailed-hd-images-179224/) to TFW by shootfortheedit site, for a better look at the robots in the trailer.

ILikeSoundwave
3rd February 2014, 08:24 PM
Several big clear images have been sent (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/transformers-movie-just-movie-31/transformers-age-of-extinction-teaser-detailed-hd-images-179224/) to TFW by shootfortheedit site, for a better look at the robots in the trailer.

I do like the head desgin for Crosshairs, very unique. As for Grimlock he appears all grey in the trailer, none if the orange/yellow we've seen in have the previous images. Hopefully the Destoryer class Grimlock wil have none of that orange and they will stick to the movie grey colours.

Perceptor
3rd February 2014, 09:57 PM
Green Bot with guns could be Roadbuster? based on similar design to DOTM roadbuster?

crankcase76
3rd February 2014, 10:46 PM
Looking at the better stills from TFW i think the green one might be Kup or Hotshot. Those glasses on his forehead are a bit weird though. In the Prime series Hotshot had those type of glasses on his forehead but he was blue and the same mould as bumblebee. Still could be anyone i guess. :confused:

And the bot with the gun out of his face is a Lamborghini, i one of the stills you can just see the logo. If it is Lockdown he's going to have one bad head ache with the recoil from his gun.:D

Sinnertwin
3rd February 2014, 11:42 PM
I love the fact that a 30 second trailer has now turned into a fullblown exercise in CSi style frame by frame breakdown & analysis

BigTransformerTrev
4th February 2014, 11:24 AM
I'd guess for the green guy with the parachutes either Kup or a redone Roadbuster. Leaning towards Roadbuster.

The big silver guy chopping the car in half - looks a lot like Megs so I'm guessing Galvatron

Gun-face guy - also a likely contender for Galvatron

Two headed flying monster - probably Swoop

Autocon
4th February 2014, 07:09 PM
The bot that slices the orange car dies by Optimus as you see in the trailer. So its probably a throw away bot. Or OP is stopped by the BFG bot before he can kill the slicer bot.

ILikeSoundwave
4th February 2014, 07:11 PM
The bot that slices the orange car dies by Optimus as you see in the trailer. So its probably a throw away bot. Or OP is stopped by the BFG bot before he can kill the slicer bot.

It can't be a throw-away bot because it's the Freightliner Argosey and he's one of the main characters, he was seen in Hong Kong for the final battle.

crankcase76
4th February 2014, 08:50 PM
I love the fact that a 30 second trailer has now turned into a fullblown exercise in CSi style frame by frame breakdown & analysis

Well Grisom, looks like he was shot at long range by a guy with a massive gun that came from the cranial area due to the directory of the bullet and the casing is like half a mile away.:D

DELTAprime
4th February 2014, 10:49 PM

Really? Can you link to stills of Optimus killing him cause I can't find it looking at the stills on Seibertron. All I see is Optimus getting his ass kicked and riding Grimlock.