PDA

View Full Version : Chopper the Astromech Droid

griffin
4th February 2014, 04:40 PM
The new R2-D2 type character for the upcoming "Star Wars Rebels" cartoon and the wider Star Wars universe from Disney has been shown off (http://www.toyhobbyretailer.com.au/news/disney-introduces-chopper-the-new-star-wars-droid), called Chopper.

Chopper, aka C1-10P, is a lazy, cranky (if ultimately good-hearted) astromech droid and essential crew member of the Ghost (the Rebels’ starship) tasked with keeping the starship running and operable for its band of heroes.

The "Bumblebee" for the next generation of Star Wars perhaps? Can't be any worse than Jar Jar... :p

CBratron
4th February 2014, 05:19 PM
With Artoo giving sly winks to the audience throughout the prequels, I think the character assassination of the plucky droid is complete and someone else needs to replace him.

Golden Phoenix
4th February 2014, 05:30 PM
Well they can't use R2-D2, he is off on Alderaan during the time period hanging with the Organas.

lancalot
7th February 2014, 12:55 PM
it actually quiet amazing how much personality they make r2d2 without him having any facial expression and voice ....

Sinnertwin
7th February 2014, 01:20 PM
...Can't be any worse than Jar Jar... :p

It'll take something monumental to top that :p
Interesting choice of name. I had an image of Mark Read sitting in a tin can for a split second

philby
7th October 2015, 12:48 AM
so have any of you actually been watching 'rebels'? i really liked it, more than i was expecting. and chopper is a complete arsehole at times lol

VERT
7th October 2015, 08:08 AM
so have any of you actually been watching 'rebels'? i really liked it, more than i was expecting. and chopper is a complete arsehole at times lol

Love it I do :D Yes Chopper is a real A hole hahaha

Trent
7th October 2015, 11:33 AM
I thought BB-8 was the new R2-D2.

GoktimusPrime
7th October 2015, 10:09 PM
it actually quiet amazing how much personality they make r2d2 without him having any facial expression and voice ....
Far more personality than Megan Fox and Kristen Stewart combined. #getreckt