PDA

View Full Version : nippon-yasan (Japan) feedback

Smint
6th February 2014, 02:42 AM
http://www.nippon-yasan.com/lang-en/figures-transformers/5354-transformers-masterpiece-mp13-soundwave-reissue.html

Just bought this and it works out to be $153 delivered. I think its one of the cheapest deals for mp soundwave right now. And if you're like me regret that you missed out on the toysrus version but dont really care for the other cassettes anyway, this would be the next best deal.

Email communications have been great so far. We'll see what happens when i get it.

drifand
6th February 2014, 01:37 PM
Not really a choice if you need to buy Tamashii Web toys by Bandai if Anime Export is sold out.

Communications are mixed bag, some are nice some are lazy and just say can't be changed in your order.

They are technically slower in packing and shipping compared to Amiami or HLJ or hobbysearch.

Advantages, allow you to pay later, allow you to SAL.

yoshi594
6th February 2014, 03:44 PM
Never had to communicate with them... yet! They pack slow but their items are worth it.

Got the 64 gb vita memory card from them!

Also got a back up Slim ps3 from them.

They provide a variety of shipping options. I think they also have the option to send by boat.

drifand
6th February 2014, 04:57 PM
Never had to communicate with them... yet! They pack slow but their items are worth it.

Got the 64 gb vita memory card from them!

Also got a back up Slim ps3 from them.

They provide a variety of shipping options. I think they also have the option to send by boat.

The boat option must be a big order and you not in a rush as I am very unsure how long it will take using this.

Smint
7th February 2014, 10:44 AM
Not really a choice if you need to buy Tamashii Web toys by Bandai if Anime Export is sold out.

Communications are mixed bag, some are nice some are lazy and just say can't be changed in your order.

They are technically slower in packing and shipping compared to Amiami or HLJ or hobbysearch.

Advantages, allow you to pay later, allow you to SAL.

Prices aren't too bad. MP18 $43 and MP19 $55 both in stock.

I like that you can pay later for the preorder, which ive done for mp wheeljack.

drifand
7th February 2014, 03:11 PM
Prices aren't too bad. MP18 $43 and MP19 $55 both in stock.

I like that you can pay later for the preorder, which ive done for mp wheeljack.

They arent bad. In fact they would be my main store because they do stock unlike most other sites. However they do punish people from time to time when you pre-order and then released at lower prices on special, I find that very lame as you are punishing your loyal support.

Deonasis
7th February 2014, 04:32 PM
From their Pre-Order page..
"Regarding the evolution of the price for a pre-order product:

If the YEN price of a pre-order product has been down, you can ask us to update the price of your order with the new price. (or a refund of the difference for preorders already paid).
This is valid only before the official release of the product."

I think that is pretty good. If you preorder in yen, your preorder price will not go up but if it goes down and you wish to pay it while it is lower they will let you do it. If it goes back up, you missed you chance but you still have the original preorder price as a safety net.

Mind you, this is what i read and i have had no experience in trying to lower their price.

drifand
7th February 2014, 10:49 PM
From their Pre-Order page..
"Regarding the evolution of the price for a pre-order product:

If the YEN price of a pre-order product has been down, you can ask us to update the price of your order with the new price. (or a refund of the difference for preorders already paid).
This is valid only before the official release of the product."

I think that is pretty good. If you preorder in yen, your preorder price will not go up but if it goes down and you wish to pay it while it is lower they will let you do it. If it goes back up, you missed you chance but you still have the original preorder price as a safety net.

Mind you, this is what i read and i have had no experience in trying to lower their price.

I can tell you now, most of the time the pre-order price it is what it is, nobody really checks it, and by the time is up to pay up is basically it.

From my experience I have paid Pre-order price and when released they had the item on sale. Happened twice to me not all the time. Again, it is one place that would stock where most places have sold out completely. This is primary why I buy from them as they do price their items reasonably low, but have occasional inflated price rise for pre-order.

Smint
12th February 2014, 01:23 PM
My Soundwave arrived today after 6 days. Well packaged with newspaper and bubblewrap in a cardboard box. Overall they've been excellent.

charcoal17
3rd May 2014, 04:17 PM
For anyone that has dealt with these guys for quite a while... regarding the pay later option, is your order guaranteed/fully confirmed? As i dont want to be screwed over due to not paying now then later...

Thanks!

drifand
3rd May 2014, 06:36 PM
For anyone that has dealt with these guys for quite a while... regarding the pay later option, is your order guaranteed/fully confirmed? As i dont want to be screwed over due to not paying now then later...

Thanks!

As the release date is closer You should get an email to pay now. Note, I normally look at the yen to Aust dollar and is best on Wednesday to pay your item.

I think if you do not pay by a certain time after they mailed you, yes you should be screwed. lol (joking here) But I think is stated in their FAQ.

charcoal17
5th May 2014, 04:48 PM
Thanks for reply!

Yuppers, did read the FAQ, but just wanted to double check, especially when Ultra Magnus is at a decent price :)

SuspectimusPrime
9th May 2014, 02:31 PM
At checkout, is there an option to choose a different currency? :confused:

My payment screen (not using Paypal) automatically selects Euro.

drifand
9th May 2014, 04:17 PM
At checkout, is there an option to choose a different currency? :confused:

My payment screen (not using Paypal) automatically selects Euro.

You select your currency at the top of the screen before you add things to your cart.

SuspectimusPrime
9th May 2014, 08:34 PM
You select your currency at the top of the screen before you add things to your cart.

Thanks for you help :) It didn't end up making a difference but still a steal - $61AUD for G2 Sideswipe.

SuspectimusPrime
31st May 2014, 11:47 PM
Thanks for you help :) It didn't end up making a difference but still a steal - $61AUD for G2 Sideswipe.

Arrived in 11 business days. Well packaged and very happy :D

Omega Metro
1st June 2014, 12:31 AM
Are these guys really charging $162US for Mp-12 Lambor?:eek:

SuspectimusPrime
1st June 2014, 09:00 PM
Are these guys really charging $162US for Mp-12 Lambor?:eek:

They do seem to be hitting and missing with some of their pricing - two MP13 Soundwaves with a 12000 Yen difference between them. Also some Figuarts figs my friend was after are 1.8x the price on BBTS.

At least their prices for MP Wheeljack, Bumblebee and Ultra Magnus looks decent so far.

drifand
22nd January 2015, 11:58 PM
Okay when pre order, they are known to be inflating their prices quickly on demand.

I have used their discount power of 10dp which I only gotten 2% off.
This 10 dp is about a grand of stuff I bought, I found the discount pretty non existent.

For example, I buy stuff from hobby search , amiami, and cd japan, just three items from each store not costing me over a grand and I got much bigger discounts. Of course is better than none I suppose.

Ny is not a great place to get restock items as they price hike a lot. Bumble bee from 4700 goes to 7,000 easily when released. Is kind of sad.
They don't used to be like this, but they currently do this for every masterpiece.

primetime
24th January 2015, 10:32 PM
They don't used to be like this, but they currently do this for every masterpiece.

You should check out NY when they put out Pre-Orders for in-demand items - eg. Macross - see the price go up by 100 - 300%.

Unless I really have to I don't buy from them any more just wait until it is cheaper elsewhere.

drifand
27th January 2015, 12:41 PM
You should check out NY when they put out Pre-Orders for in-demand items - eg. Macross - see the price go up by 100 - 300%.

Unless I really have to I don't buy from them any more just wait until it is cheaper elsewhere.

I did, I am a Macross collector and so is Gundam, sadly Tamashii web items are limited to NY and Anime Export which isn't much better.

Like said, things like G2 bumblebee is good to order now and not later. This is the only store that I do love and hate the most as they are not consistent with price and are basically greedy.

DaptoDog
24th March 2015, 07:32 PM
I have a heap of pre-orders with NY but just received my first order today - MP Exhaust and Star Saber. I'm extremely happy with how they'very packed it, plenty of bubble wrap and cardboard. Highly recommend this seller.:)

drifand
27th March 2015, 12:45 PM
two sides of it, my mp magnus was found seal broken, toy box slightly dented.

I am not a box collector but I can see some people would be fuming if this happened to them.

I like them for pre-order, but their shipping for Tracks for once stopped me from ordering from them.

theshape
17th April 2015, 08:16 PM
So impressed with these guy. My exhaust came with no paper work. Let NY know, they contacted TT on my behalf then ems shipped me the paper work! Best online service ever! :D

drifand
17th April 2015, 10:25 PM
So impressed with these guy. My exhaust came with no paper work. Let NY know, they contacted TT on my behalf then ems shipped me the paper work! Best online service ever! :D

have to check mine.

ampoldj
15th May 2015, 03:05 PM
Anyone knows which shipping method to choose for MPs? Or is it safer to go for EMS? Willing to wait if it is cheap :)

Smint
15th May 2015, 04:12 PM
My Mp magnus had a huge hole in the box.

They refused to help, didnt even reply me after they sent their first response to me.

Admittedly im supposed to sign a damaged goods form but girl at work took delivery. I've ordered numerous times from them and a discount or some store credit would have been nice.

Will not order from them again.

drifand
22nd May 2015, 05:52 PM
Anyone knows which shipping method to choose for MPs? Or is it safer to go for EMS? Willing to wait if it is cheap :)

If you do not care about the box, you can go cheapest with Eco.
Mind you, do not scream and shout if its lost.

I have been using eco for most of my purchase to my locker and have 0 issues. Other than small dent to my Magnus mp box. I get what I paid for.
I am not a box collector so, I don't care too much about being MISB.

I would not recommend them if you are after MISB.

drifand
22nd May 2015, 05:54 PM
My Mp magnus had a huge hole in the box.

They refused to help, didnt even reply me after they sent their first response to me.

Admittedly im supposed to sign a damaged goods form but girl at work took delivery. I've ordered numerous times from them and a discount or some store credit would have been nice.

Will not order from them again.

They are cheap for what they are, so I was prepared for such stuff. For me, as long as nothing is broken, I am happy to order from them.

Smint
22nd May 2015, 09:02 PM
They are cheap for what they are, so I was prepared for such stuff. For me, as long as nothing is broken, I am happy to order from them.

My biggest issue was it wasnt packed properly. If the box was filled with packing peanuts like it shows they do on the website the damage might have been mitigated.

Mine had two sheets of paper and 1 sheet of bubblee wrap around around the mp itself. It was basically loose inside the box.

For small MP's they have snug boxes but not for bigger ones.

drifand
22nd May 2015, 10:48 PM
My biggest issue was it wasnt packed properly. If the box was filled with packing peanuts like it shows they do on the website the damage might have been mitigated.

Mine had two sheets of paper and 1 sheet of bubblee wrap around around the mp itself. It was basically loose inside the box.

For small MP's they have snug boxes but not for bigger ones.

no different from mine. I only suggest if you need Mint box, buy from another company. HLJ or others will be better. $165 and under for Magnus delivered, can't complain for me.

drifand
27th July 2015, 06:53 PM
An update that ny don't actually accept cancelations so beware.
Although I managed to reason myself out as stating I don't mind a store credit, be careful when you purchase.

The policy has changed, they used to cancel items with no issues.

Again not that they are bad, just be careful

Smint
27th July 2015, 07:05 PM
I dont see their big issue with cancellations. At the price they do pre-orders for, they'll sell the extra stock within days. Things like that would hurt their business more than anything. That and crappy customer service.

drifand
27th July 2015, 10:54 PM
I dont see their big issue with cancellations. At the price they do pre-orders for, they'll sell the extra stock within days. Things like that would hurt their business more than anything. That and crappy customer service.

Is not for me to debate though I do support cancelations within reason as I never do cancel that frequently at all .

As I have purchased multiple items from the store credit is still acceptable for me. That's better than sorry mate we don't refund at all.
Now I am trying to ask them to give the store credit to a pre ordered item I ordered. Hopefully they accept that.

DaptoDog
4th August 2015, 09:18 PM
My two G2 Masterpiece Bumblebees arrived safe and sound. Another great transaction with NY:)

VGMStudios
13th August 2015, 10:34 AM
Can anyone explain to me why when I choose to pay by credit card that the total is converted to EURO when you buy in YEN?
Not only that the total is not even right in EURO. It's more then what it is suppose to be. 31390 YEN is NOT 232 EURO but 227 EURO.

I find this really stupid and of course their really no help when asking.

SuspectimusPrime
13th August 2015, 11:38 AM
Can anyone explain to me why when I choose to pay by credit card that the total is converted to EURO when you buy in YEN?
Not only that the total is not even right in EURO. It's more then what it is suppose to be. 31390 YEN is NOT 232 EURO but 227 EURO.

I find this really stupid and of course their really no help when asking.

Not sure why your browser is defaulted to Euros, but at the top of the screen there's a maroon bar that says "LANGUAGE - CURRENCY", for you to set each value respectively.

Akky82
13th August 2015, 11:52 AM
Not sure why your browser is defaulted to Euros, but at the top of the screen there's a maroon bar that says "LANGUAGE - CURRENCY", for you to set each value respectively.

It's not the display on the page/browser option, it's the actual payment. I found it wierd the first time I ordered too but I think it does say that somewhere in their info. At the time it worked out a few dollars cheaper for me for 2 gundam kits but now I think it's the opposite.

Edit- just confirmed 'USD, EURO, GBP, CHF' which yeah is a bit misleading when everything defaults to JPY.

DaptoDog
13th August 2015, 12:23 PM
It's not the display on the page/browser option, it's the actual payment. I found it wierd the first time I ordered too but I think it does say that somewhere in their info. At the time it worked out a few dollars cheaper for me for 2 gundam kits but now I think it's the opposite.

Edit- just confirmed 'USD, EURO, GBP, CHF' which yeah is a bit misleading when everything defaults to JPY.

I always pay using PayPal. When you make the payment it specifies it's in Yen.

Akky82
13th August 2015, 12:50 PM
I always pay using PayPal. When you make the payment it specifies it's in Yen.

Yeah I'll be using paypal in the future, I'm sure I did thhe maths and at the time diidnt mind using credit card (which isnt/cant be yen), but with the euro stronger against the usd (I think?) and aud ok against yen then paypal will be the choice.

As for feedback, I've 2 orders, one by SAL one by airmail express, they both arrived very quickly compared to their estimations, however the tracking numbers were useless once they left Osaka international. The smaller express package was crushed a bit though during shipping, but the larger one was very well packaged and happy overall with both. Will be preordering something else within the next week (unless I get ripped off by another site, which has further pushed me towards paypal only in the future).

VGMStudios
13th August 2015, 01:26 PM

Is it really in their info? I find it very strange that it will convert it to EURO when paying by credit card. It's almost as if they are taking more then what the actual cost is.
If you convert the final yen price into euro their euro price is more.

UltraMarginal
13th August 2015, 01:39 PM
Is it really in their info? I find it very strange that it will convert it to EURO when paying by credit card. It's almost as if they are taking more then what the actual cost is.
If you convert the final yen price into euro their euro price is more.

keep in mind that most places that do any sort of conversion of currencies take a 2.5 to 4% cut on the exchange rate. This might be related to their credit transaction provider.

I use my credit card through paypal so I get the exact exchange rate, no cream is skimmed.

DaptoDog
13th August 2015, 01:40 PM
keep in mind that most places that do any sort of conversion of currencies take a 2.5 to 4% cut on the exchange rate. This might be related to their credit transaction provider.

I use my credit card through paypal so I get the exact exchange rate, no cream is skimmed.

Yep I do it exactly the same way, still the get the credit card rewards points and get the credit card company to do the conversion.

VGMStudios
13th August 2015, 01:46 PM
That makes sense. Just find it frustrating.
Thanks for the info guys. I'll be using PayPal then.

drifand
13th August 2015, 03:10 PM
They used to have a normal credit card service but is now run third party making paypal to be an okay choice.

UltraMarginal
13th August 2015, 03:52 PM
To clarify further, I make sure the charge is in Yen or whatever as the paypal default is AU$ and their exchange rate is atrocious. That way the exchange happens at my bank level which is at the official exchange rate on that card.

you can only do this using a credit card, paypal wont allow a similar thing with direct bank transfer, they force the transaction to be AU$ so they can skim the exchange rate.

DaptoDog
13th August 2015, 04:15 PM
To clarify further, I make sure the charge is in Yen or whatever as the paypal default is AU$ and their exchange rate is atrocious. That way the exchange happens at my bank level which is at the official exchange rate on that card.

you can only do this using a credit card, paypal wont allow a similar thing with direct bank transfer, they force the transaction to be AU$ so they can skim the exchange rate.

Yep, exactly.

drifand
14th August 2015, 09:46 AM
Just use Paypal and be done with it, the other options for paying are not worth it. No I am not a fan of Paypal but for this store that's the best choice

drifand
28th September 2015, 06:58 AM
More new payment options with currency conversion. Do not use Aussie dollar you are better off paying in jpy by Paypal with $2 savings

drifand
2nd October 2015, 09:06 AM
Just applied their so called dp discount power and is really nothing honestly, 3% off next purchase. Other Japanese online store seem to fair better when comparing discounts and points scheme.

NY is my backup place to go to. I am finding them greedy as a business model.
As they charge people cheap to lure customers in and then increase the price very quickly when demand is high and make you pat as much as 5,000 jpy more if you are desperate. And when the item is release and nobody seem to be buying they drop their prices under the first price listed. So much for loyalty.

Praises are for different payment options although you will figure out that Paypal is still cheapest.
Praises again for Pay anytime you like for most items on pre-order. Meaning you can pay off when Aussie dollar is good.

Poor on no cancel policy, sadly that's their business model.

praises on different shipping options, hands down by far they have the most variety to cater everyone.

drifand
12th October 2015, 05:44 PM
New changes that asking me to pay in full for my bandai premium item.
The item is due in Jan . Kinda early.

Lucky for me the jpy is better with Aussie dollar

drifand
23rd October 2015, 02:17 PM
First PayPal dispute raised.

I gotten my toy with wing tip broken, they asked the manufacturer bandai if they could do anything . Bandai did not give a shit and basically ny told me the same.

I raised it with PayPal as they still had stock and did not offer to exchange the part.

Well here you go, ny is not as ethical as hlj or hobbysearch.

Give and take be prepared.

drifand
23rd October 2015, 05:26 PM
They refuse to compensate so I had to resort to a claim.

I stated that they have the item in stock and have refuse to exchange or compensate.

Will be very interesting as I have a lot of items in their order.

DaptoDog
23rd October 2015, 05:48 PM
Sorry to hear of your poor experience drifand.

You know I've been a vocal supporter of NY. I'm mostly a MISB collector but occasionally buy doubles so I can give one to my son to play with. So far I've had no issues with the one's we have opened, but it would be annoying if they weren't willing to resolve an issue like you had.

Smint
23rd October 2015, 08:12 PM
Hopefully with the help of paypal you'll make them compensate you. They're great if you dont ever have an issue with them. They'll refuse to help or provide any kind of support to loyal customers should you run into a problem. Awful customer service.

drifand
24th October 2015, 12:15 AM
Sorry to hear of your poor experience drifand.

You know I've been a vocal supporter of NY. I'm mostly a MISB collector but occasionally buy doubles so I can give one to my son to play with. So far I've had no issues with the one's we have opened, but it would be annoying if they weren't willing to resolve an issue like you had.

Mate ny is my main source of buying tf toys and I do like using them .

In fair go, Bandai is at fault for not wanting to replace a part. As we heard stories from goki TT would sort such incidents out.

Then again they still have the item in your inventory means you could have offer an exchange for the faulty product.

And to be real frank I wouldn't care less if they even low ball me with a store credit or low PayPal return and I just super glue the damage part. But it is shocking to know none is offered and leave you hang .

I have a chogokin hulk buster which cost $400 over with them and I have road rage MPs with them plus a pg Gundam part. So if they decide to cancel my account because PayPal decided to refund me in full as I explained that I tried reasoning and exchange. They will loose almost $600 worth of items to be refunded.

Fine I loose my rights to buy bandai exclusive items from them but I have my own Japan address so is not the end of the world.

To my knowledge this is considered poor service for a loyal customer as I have spent over 3k worth from them.

drifand
24th October 2015, 12:19 AM
Hopefully with the help of paypal you'll make them compensate you. They're great if you dont ever have an issue with them. They'll refuse to help or provide any kind of support to loyal customers should you run into a problem. Awful customer service.

I felt that they were being very unethical when they sell an item to one of our members here who paid and then got his order cancelled and then they raised the price.

To me that's very poor form, especially for a Japanese culture, that is very dishonest and selfish.

You are not wrong, they are good when nothing goes wrong. Let's see how PayPal handle this as if I loose, I am fine, I just would be avoiding them more as first choice.

MechaPrime
24th October 2015, 01:12 AM
I recently got Voltes V GX-31V 40th anniversary edition from them. I notice it was double taped and there is sign some one did open the box because there was a mark in the styrofoam. Luckily the toy was fine. I am not sure if it is Nippon Yasan or it is quality check by Bandai. Also they jacked up the price on the same day after I buy it. The shipping was 4700yen but postage on the box was only 3600 yen. And after hearing Drifand's experience, I would stay away from NY, if possible.

drifand
24th October 2015, 01:38 AM
I recently got Voltes V GX-31V 40th anniversary edition from them. I notice it was double taped and there is sign some one did open the box because there was a mark in the styrofoam. Luckily the toy was fine. I am not sure if it is Nippon Yasan or it is quality check by Bandai. Also they jacked up the price on the same day after I buy it. The shipping was 4700yen but postage on the box was only 3600 yen. And after hearing Drifand's experience, I would stay away from NY, if possible.

I am not entirely avoiding them as they have their strengths such as pay when the dollar is right however this current experience is definitely making me Not to use them as a default choice. I used to wait for them for hot items such as Gundam and macross toys but after seeing how they like to raise prices when items are hot and lower it after the item dies down, I am more incline to seek for the same product elsewhere.

Premium collectables aside I still don't mind using amiami or hlj for the bit of paying more but I know I got my service when things go wrong. As far as I know almost all Japan online stores even for second hand items they compensate the customer when the item is not right.

Since they insisted on "the manufacturer cannot do anything so we are unable to do anything" I am taking it as they will not even bother to compensate.

I am/was looking at Tamasshi Bandai to shoot them a complaint.

drifand
26th October 2015, 07:22 PM
No new update from NY. Is like they don't even care if I escalated the claim nor bother in resolving the issue.

In honestly Mp toys would have less issues as they are mostly not fragile plastic. I do not have any choice in ordering Tamashii web Bandai pieces. so this is what it is but I be very careful on ordering too expensive items from them as this is the level of service when something does go wrong.

drifand
9th November 2015, 02:52 PM
Paypal says return item for full refund, but note the item has increased in price hence the downside.

Yes it is possible to claim on returns. Note this is paypal service nothing to do with NY.

I guess because this item I am better off buying a similar figure and get a replacement wing at a cheaper price rather than going through this entire process.

So be prepared for not very good service from them.

Smint
9th November 2015, 05:14 PM
That sucks :(

Has Paypal stopped paying for return shipping fees?

drifand
9th November 2015, 09:35 PM
That sucks :(

Has Paypal stopped paying for return shipping fees?

It has not, but this item is not available anywhere else either so too bad.
I am not pissed off just disappointed slightly as I can repair the toy.

drifand
12th November 2015, 08:51 PM
Update

I requested a store credit of 1,000 jpy and they agreed.

I think they realised how much items I have ordered and do deserve some credits.

DaptoDog
14th November 2015, 06:54 PM
NY was quoted a larger box size for Tracks initially and so when I pre ordered 2 I had to pay ¥6,800 for EMS shipping. Now that tracks is available on their website the cost of sending 2 in stock by EMS is ¥5,400. This still seems quite high but is still a fair bit below what I paid so I have requested a refund or store credit for the difference. I will update the post when I receive a response next week.

Otherwise I was again very happy with my purchase and am especially grateful for the care once again taken in packaging the items for shipping.

drifand
14th November 2015, 08:32 PM
I dunno about care, it looks pretty standard from all Japan online stores.
I bought from amiami and hlj and hobbysearch as well as Ny. They are pretty much okay. I had a dented Magnus once but I don't mind it, pretty sure you be unhappy as you collect misb.

I am still waiting for the store credit.

DaptoDog
16th November 2015, 02:18 PM
NY was quoted a larger box size for Tracks initially and so when I pre ordered 2 I had to pay ¥6,800 for EMS shipping. Now that tracks is available on their website the cost of sending 2 in stock by EMS is ¥5,400. This still seems quite high but is still a fair bit below what I paid so I have requested a refund or store credit for the difference. I will update the post when I receive a response next week.

Otherwise I was again very happy with my purchase and am especially grateful for the care once again taken in packaging the items for shipping.

This is my response from NY today on the overcharging of shipping for Tracks. Very underwhelming response. I will now not pre-pay future orders too far in advance when the shipping looks like it might be subject to future revision. Considering the amount of business I have given them I thought I had made a reasonable request.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Hello

Thank you for your message

When the pre order started We receive the dimension of the box and at that time
We receive a size that was close to a big product from the maker

which seems to have change in between without our knowledge

Unfortunately from what we have been told by our services there won't be refund of the difference

We apologize for the inconvenience

Kind Regards

Nippon-yasan.Com"

DaptoDog
16th November 2015, 02:41 PM
I dunno about care, it looks pretty standard from all Japan online stores.
I bought from amiami and hlj and hobbysearch as well as Ny. They are pretty much okay. I had a dented Magnus once but I don't mind it, pretty sure you be unhappy as you collect misb.

I am still waiting for the store credit.

When I first got serious about importing Takara figures last year I had a really good email exchange with HLJ. They said they don't always bubble wrap and advised if I was collecting MISB that I may be disappointed occasionally when I receive a package from them. I really respected them for being upfront like that.

Anyways I've only ordered from NY amongst the Japanese retailers but it's good to know there are other good alternatives

drifand
16th November 2015, 03:32 PM
When I first got serious about importing Takara figures last year I had a really good email exchange with HLJ. They said they don't always bubble wrap and advised if I was collecting MISB that I may be disappointed occasionally when I receive a package from them. I really respected them for being upfront like that.

Anyways I've only ordered from NY amongst the Japanese retailers but it's good to know there are other good alternatives

yeah but you know is bs about that shipping services don't refund right?
They obviously are just putting it into their pockets.

I have an item which they had to increase price of shipping because the size was wrong. So? I still paid extra so this is bs if you ask me.

NY don't always bubble wrap either, I am buying from them because they are cheapest, but service wise is been not too great.

DaptoDog
16th November 2015, 04:06 PM
yeah but you know is bs about that shipping services don't refund right?
They obviously are just putting it into their pockets.

I have an item which they had to increase price of shipping because the size was wrong. So? I still paid extra so this is bs if you ask me.

NY don't always bubble wrap either, I am buying from them because they are cheapest, but service wise is been not too great.

Absolutely this error has been in their favour and gone straight to their bottom line. I've made it clear to them in my response that my loyalty has not been acknowledged in this instance so will diversify where I order from in Japan.

All packages I've received so far have had both bubblewrap and extra cardboard or paper inside the package (which have been of various sizes).

Smint
16th November 2015, 04:59 PM
My MP ulltra magnus was wrapped in 2 sheets of newspaper (seriously why bother) and just thrown in loose in a big box. No packing peanuts or even scrunched up paper. I got the package with a big hole in the MP box.

They refused to compensate or even reply my emails.

I wont put up with that kind of service considering the amount of business i've given them.

Pocketing the cash from your postage, and no doubt that's what they've done really takes the cake.

Demand probably far outstrips their supply for them to even care about a few unhappy customers.

drifand
16th November 2015, 06:41 PM
My MP ulltra magnus was wrapped in 2 sheets of newspaper (seriously why bother) and just thrown in loose in a big box. No packing peanuts or even scrunched up paper. I got the package with a big hole in the MP box.

They refused to compensate or even reply my emails.

I wont put up with that kind of service considering the amount of business i've given them.

Pocketing the cash from your postage, and no doubt that's what they've done really takes the cake.

Demand probably far outstrips their supply for them to even care about a few unhappy customers.

You see, first I thought it was Bandai but I know now is not the case as you bought Magnus and got a hole. Just like mine actually.

I have not gotten my credits .

I use them with a huge grain of salt. It feels like anything goes wrong their service is really bad.

I have bought over $2k of items from them. And is just a few members who now and then post some negatives made me more aware to look at alternatives.

I now use hlj and amiami and hobbysearch more often as alternative before I buy from ny.

Is sad really.

The shipping price for tracks was what stopped me from using them as regulars. And I am glad I did.

DaptoDog
19th November 2015, 01:46 PM
MP-10 just arrived and again was well packed with bubblewrap, paper and cardboard. I always leave a note that I'm a MISB collector and would like a nice box - I wonder if that makes any difference? Can't hurt asking anyway.

Didn't realise his box is wider than the standard large MP box. It's a beautiful piece, I've made it the centerpiece of the MP display.

drifand
1st December 2015, 11:01 AM
Well due to a non paying customer I had to cancel items. Ny was happy to give me a store credit .

At least the service is not entirely bad.

DaptoDog
29th December 2015, 06:52 PM
Unite Warriors Devastator and Masterpiece Road Rage arrived today from NY. As has always been my experience with NY, both arrived well packaged (bubble wrap and filler paper) and minty.

drifand
11th January 2016, 02:38 PM
Unite Warriors Devastator and Masterpiece Road Rage arrived today from NY. As has always been my experience with NY, both arrived well packaged (bubble wrap and filler paper) and minty.

My mp-10 had that but it was dented.
Not having a go at ny but do expect these imperfections to come to you once a while.

drifand
21st March 2016, 05:28 PM
Gotten Hot Rod through normal SAL unregistered.
And Surface shipping for Chogokin Hulkbuster that saves me a huge amount of money. Wait time was only a month and a half. And I am very happy with it.

yoshi594
5th May 2016, 05:42 PM
Items arrived damaged and nippon replied with:

"We apology if you receive a the box of the item like this but unfortunately there are no warranty about the box.

We received our stock directly from the maker, we will inform him there are some damaged box but he won't exchange the item"

This was also the first time i tried using their SAL service along side with their "wrapping" (which is just a red cheap material bag with a green ribbon that resembles a christmas gift).

Trent
6th May 2016, 07:27 AM
I've never been a huge fan of NY. I have preordered a few things from them as a last resort but usually end up finding it somewhere else so cancel my order with them, which they don't like.

I'm surprised they haven't blacklisted me to be honest :confused:

DaptoDog
6th May 2016, 07:43 AM
Items arrived damaged and nippon replied with:

"We apology if you receive a the box of the item like this but unfortunately there are no warranty about the box.

We received our stock directly from the maker, we will inform him there are some damaged box but he won't exchange the item"

This was also the first time i tried using their SAL service along side with their "wrapping" (which is just a red cheap material bag with a green ribbon that resembles a christmas gift).

That's annoying. I've been tempted in the past to go the cheaper shipping but my instinct has been that the longer it's in transit the more chance there is of damage. Also not sure how it's handled. So in the end I just go with EMS and the boxes from NY have never arrived damaged and always packed well.

yoshi594
6th May 2016, 11:56 AM
That's annoying. I've been tempted in the past to go the cheaper shipping but my instinct has been that the longer it's in transit the more chance there is of damage. Also not sure how it's handled. So in the end I just go with EMS and the boxes from NY have never arrived damaged and always packed well.

the thing is though, the shipping box was not damaged at all! so I'd presume it was sent damaged like it was...

they haven't replied my latest message...

drifand
6th May 2016, 12:01 PM
I've never been a huge fan of NY. I have preordered a few things from them as a last resort but usually end up finding it somewhere else so cancel my order with them, which they don't like.

I'm surprised they haven't blacklisted me to be honest :confused:

Beware that they no longer cancel orders, you do get credits in discount coupon but no Paypal refund.

drifand
6th May 2016, 12:09 PM
the thing is though, the shipping box was not damaged at all! so I'd presume it was sent damaged like it was...

Yo....don't bother to waste your breath, just ask for some credit experience.
I gotten a SRC Jumbo Mazinger style and found wing tip broken and they replied in the same "similiar" fashion that you gotten. Claimed they contacted Bandai which I think is BS > Only because Kurt the Goat has specified Bandai was all good to cater to defects in Japan so I think they are just simply brushing you aside.

Trust me, you wont go anywhere, even if the item was insured , you can see how much money you wasted as they don't really replace anything. I was offered to return the item and refund but purchase at more expensive price, which is bs.

NY used to be my goto place, but I find that they are stingy by far and only reward you with peanuts. Of course if we need to buy Tamashii exclusive items it leaves us with little choice and at their mercy.

DaptoDog
6th May 2016, 12:10 PM

I see. I always specify that I'm a MISB collector so would like a nice box so that may help but it's still no guarantee.

What I agree with everyone here is that they are not good when you have an issue. The one time I complained that the shipping I had prepaid on my MP Tracks pre order was way more than the actual shipping once in stock (because they originally were told it would be a larger box than the standard MP car) they didn't give me any sort of account credit.

drifand
6th May 2016, 12:13 PM
I see. I always specify that I'm a MISB collector so would like a nice box so that may help but it's still no guarantee.

What I agree with everyone here is that they are not good when you have an issue. The one time I complained that the shipping I had prepaid on my MP Tracks pre order was way more than the actual shipping once in stock (because they originally were told it would be a larger box than the standard MP car) they didn't give me any sort of account credit.

I am surprised at their honesty and ethics level being a Japanese company.
I still have 6000 jpy of credits with them and have been just planning what to buy before it expire in Nov.

drifand
27th May 2016, 01:42 PM
A number of members here in OTCA ordered Gundam Heine Metal build successfully only to be cancelled for April released.

In this occasion I have posted questions to them and even was reassured that there were going to have the allocated stock. It was only a week later my order was cancelled.

Just a few days ago, they have the stock of the toy and they raised the price.
Initally a 19500 jpy item has now gone to 25500.:mad:

I find the company is being dishonest in allocating and cancelling orders so that they can MAKE MORE money.

Sad to say, is no longer my primary choice for toys for critical items as I cannot rely on a confirmed order being cancelled so often.

Very disappointed.

yoshi594
29th May 2016, 05:56 PM
A number of members here in OTCA ordered Gundam Heine Metal build successfully only to be cancelled for April released.

In this occasion I have posted questions to them and even was reassured that there were going to have the allocated stock. It was only a week later my order was cancelled.

Just a few days ago, they have the stock of the toy and they raised the price.
Initally a 19500 jpy item has now gone to 25500.:mad:

I find the company is being dishonest in allocating and cancelling orders so that they can MAKE MORE money.

Sad to say, is no longer my primary choice for toys for critical items as I cannot rely on a confirmed order being cancelled so often.

Very disappointed.

what the hell? why did they cancel the order? u should message them and ask for their reasoning.

btw an update for my damage boxes; I got SOME dp and exp points as compensation lol. They should have just levelled me up a few levels or at least one level. The DP system is flawed and hardly gives discount at all.

drifand
29th May 2016, 06:08 PM
what the hell? why did they cancel the order? u should message them and ask for their reasoning.

btw an update for my damage boxes; I got SOME dp and exp points as compensation lol. They should have just levelled me up a few levels or at least one level. The DP system is flawed and hardly gives discount at all.

Their reasons were there wasn't enough stock. < which I asked them when I placed my order.

However it seems "like" they suddenly have the stock but charge higher.
Our guess? It's our allocated orders which they did have but cancelled at that time so they can do a price hike like now

I am not impressed as this isn't the first time they done this. Is very dishonest to cancel a confirmed and paid order just that they can sell for more now.

drifand
29th May 2016, 06:09 PM

Their dp system is poor, amiami reward you more even buying one item.

Further to add, there are news on Macrossworld that anyone who bought the reissued YF-29 with wrongly printed shoulders got zero service from NY in any attempt to replace EVEN though its known that the Manufacturer has admitted and given replacements to distributors.

So stores like HLJ would replace them but NY will just brush you off saying they tried but actually did zip.

If you bought Ramjet through them, you wont get a replacement, just a refund if you return it.

DaptoDog
22nd September 2016, 02:23 PM
The TFW boards (http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/threads/anyone-else-order-fort-max-from-nippon-yasan.1089292/) are alight with people complaining that NY is seeking further payment on Takara Fortress Maximus orders that have already been paid. People paid the original shipping cost of ~¥5,000 but NY are seeking to double it to ~¥10,000! I just verified that is what they are charging if you buy it now. So they are happy to keep your money when they overestimate shipping (my experience with Tracks last year) but when it goes against them they hit you up for the difference.

drifand
22nd September 2016, 03:09 PM
The TFW boards are alight with people complaining that NY is seeking further payment on Takara Fortress Maximus orders that have already been paid. People paid the original shipping cost of ~¥5,000 but NY are seeking to double it to ~¥10,000! I just verified that's is what they are charging if you buy it now. So they are happy to keep your money when they overestimate shipping (my experience with Tracks last year) but when it goes against them they hit you up for the difference.

They tried this bs with my Gundam wings of light option parts and when you actually check and calculate , you will find a descripency in figures.
I queried and stated which shipping I choose and they apologised and said it was for ems which was not the shipping option I choose.

A bit of weighing up which works best as you know PC is far from perfect but is ok.

Don't pay anything and ask first.

DaptoDog
22nd September 2016, 03:57 PM
They tried this bs with my Gundam wings of light option parts and when you actually check and calculate , you will find a descripency in figures.
I queried and stated which shipping I choose and they apologised and said it was for ems which was not the shipping option I choose.

A bit of weighing up which works best as you know PC is far from perfect but is ok.

Don't pay anything and ask first.

Yep I remember you having this issue with them. Seems like Masterpiece and Unite Warriors is OK because they've never tried raising the shipping on me, even for UW Devastator.

drifand
26th January 2017, 01:41 PM
Bought soundwave mp for $155 shipped. Just waiting on release obviously faster than pc . Bought it as pc was sold out.

drifand
29th March 2017, 02:34 PM
send items 2-3 days after release date but items come on time and good enough packaging. < this is for Eco sal

drifand
13th April 2017, 02:27 AM
More items from Nippon yasan, my metal build f91 and hi metal miria all nicely packed and shipped using cheapest option.

philby
29th April 2017, 08:19 PM
there is a sale on at the moment, I haven't scrolled through everything but noticed fort max at 29% off for 18,800 yen

DaptoDog
11th May 2017, 12:18 PM
NY seems to have caught PC disease. I have had an order for 5 MP's sitting at the preparation stage for 9 days now. I know it was Golden Week last week in Japan which set them back but it is still annoying. Their customer service is very prompt to respond to queries but I'm not getting a straight answer on when it will be shipped.

drifand
11th May 2017, 12:31 PM
NY seems to have caught PC disease. I have had an order for 5 MP's sitting at the preparation stage for 9 days now. I know it was Golden Week last week in Japan which set them back but it is still annoying. Their customer service is very prompt to respond to queries but I'm not getting a straight answer on when it will be shipped.

^ Take a breather mate, I know exactly what you going through. Trust me, they will get it going.

I had one Cheetor MP shipped just yesterday. Yes < obviously to replace someone's bs order.

80% of the time NY should be no issue. Just email them and ask for update and they should get it going soon. They are NOT the best customer service in Japan.
But you get what you pay for in lower prices from them.

Have failed me once or twice so far.

DaptoDog
11th May 2017, 02:18 PM
^ Take a breather mate, I know exactly what you going through. Trust me, they will get it going.

I had one Cheetor MP shipped just yesterday. Yes < obviously to replace someone's bs order.

80% of the time NY should be no issue. Just email them and ask for update and they should get it going soon. They are NOT the best customer service in Japan.
But you get what you pay for in lower prices from them.

Have failed me once or twice so far.

Good to hear it's not just me. Yes it was unusual, usually orders have been shipped promptly. Just got a reply to say it will be shipped this week so I'm happy with that.

drifand
11th May 2017, 02:23 PM
Good to hear it's not just me. Yes it was unusual, usually orders have been shipped promptly. Just got a reply to say it will be shipped this week so I'm happy with that.

It is funny sometimes after the reply it take just 10 minutes.
If you took the cheaper shipping option especially it will take a bit longer but they have never failed me badly.

hYpNoS
11th May 2017, 02:24 PM
Overall, to my experience I trust NY, while I seen some horror stories about the postage I can trust them with some JP exclusives that others cannot simply do, its shipping is about on par with amiami's apart from pre-orders though as in it could be a little cheaper though.

Don't worry, it'll come.

If it weren't for the shipping I'd be using them more often, had a hi metal r vf-1 milla custom due and they sent me an email the month before they were able to send it out a week earlier than expected.

I think I better understand why -the other mob- gives vague answers, strict eta's cause more problems so "within the month/week" works better.

drifand
11th May 2017, 02:33 PM
Overall, to my experience I trust NY, while I seen some horror stories about the postage I can trust them with some JP exclusives that others cannot simply do, its shipping is about on par with amiami's apart from pre-orders though as in it could be a little cheaper though.

Don't worry, it'll come.

If it weren't for the shipping I'd be using them more often, had a hi metal r vf-1 milla custom due and they sent me an email the month before they were able to send it out a week earlier than expected.

I think I better understand why -the other mob- gives vague answers, strict eta's cause more problems so "within the month/week" works better.

I use small packet SAL, as its the best way to save money. Not once, my items went missing.

hYpNoS
11th May 2017, 03:06 PM
I use small packet SAL, as its the best way to save money. Not once, my items went missing.

That's what I used as well if only because the ems price was alot...higher than it should of been, least for me.

drifand
11th May 2017, 03:13 PM
That's what I used as well if only because the ems price was alot...higher than it should of been, least for me.

when EMS, HLJ has always beaten Amiami and NY as they have an agreement with Japan Post.

I love the fact that I can choose to pay when I feel like it till release date for most items.

DaptoDog
11th May 2017, 03:36 PM
Well there you go, my order has shipped! It's been ages since I've received some MP's. :)

drifand
16th May 2017, 01:57 PM
Macross VF-31J purchased a week ago and received. Well packed, no issues.

drifand
20th May 2017, 09:49 AM
Mp-13 arrived very well packed and was reasonably cheap.
So regret not supporting this store more.

BlitzKing
6th June 2017, 11:21 AM
I have noticed that NY have one of the cheaper prices for MP Sunstreaker. What are their shipping prices to AUS like?

drifand
6th June 2017, 11:27 AM
I have noticed that NY have one of the cheaper prices for MP Sunstreaker. What are their shipping prices to AUS like?

add to cart,
choose shipping address (if you already registered)
choose shipping,
see total either in jpy or Aust.
Do not proceed to payment, go back to cart > remove items

The best quotes you can get

For me Sunstreaker comes out to be just under $125 depending on how many you order.

Take note, I dont super promote them but to me they are the cheapest reliable source I can buy for TF Mps from Japan.

drifand
27th June 2017, 12:34 AM
Ny delivers
3 hi metal spartan
And some MPs

drifand
30th June 2017, 10:03 PM
Ny delivers again using Eco air.

drifand
8th August 2017, 01:17 AM
Delivers metal build Gundam seven sword and masterpiece dirge.i don't need to praise them as they are not perfect but they get the job done most of the time.

drifand
16th August 2017, 11:24 AM
Inquired about an order to be shipped and was replied within half a day.

drifand
2nd October 2017, 11:36 AM
Gotten my metal build Gundam F91 options parts. all well packed. Feels a bit slower but does the job.

drifand
1st December 2017, 08:36 PM
Received my macross super parts, metal build red frame options. All no issues.
Seriously miles apart from the worst retailer I know this year.

drifand
4th January 2018, 09:16 AM
Received Metal build F-91 Harrison from NY
Received Hi-Metal VSS Macross from NY.

Took a while longer due to Christmas. BUT at least they really deliver.

drifand
8th January 2018, 10:27 AM
Received Hi-Metal Soltic using Economy shipping. Took a while longer due to Christmas.

drifand
12th January 2018, 07:23 PM
Received hi metal missile pods and mp sunstreaker.

So how's saving a few stupid dollars going for buying you know who?

Civic Bossman
12th January 2018, 07:46 PM
MP12+ and MP39 rocked up today

ampoldj
2nd February 2018, 01:23 PM
First time to order with NY... how long do they process orders from payment to shipping? Amiami takes 2days, HLJ at 3, but NY is already on 4th day and still no shipping notice :confused:

DaptoDog
2nd February 2018, 04:48 PM
First time to order with NY... how long do they process orders from payment to shipping? Amiami takes 2days, HLJ at 3, but NY is already on 4th day and still no shipping notice :confused:

They are normally pretty good. You get an email saying the shipment is being prepared and then another once it's shipped. Have you emailed them? They are very quick to respond once you submit a ticket.

ampoldj
2nd February 2018, 05:16 PM
They are normally pretty good. You get an email saying the shipment is being prepared and then another once it's shipped. Have you emailed them? They are very quick to respond once you submit a ticket.

Yeah i got the "order in process" email. Will have to email them by Monday if there is still no shipping notice. Thanks

DaptoDog
2nd February 2018, 05:18 PM
Yeah i got the "order in process" email. Will have to email them by Monday if there is still no shipping notice. Thanks

Ok, normally it is shipped either the same day or the day after the preparation email. I did have this happen last February but that was the only time and they were quick to respond.

drifand
3rd February 2018, 12:56 AM
I get a mixed results, I had ordered three same items in an order and one by itself later but they shipped the one first even though I ordered later than the three items.

Shipping time can vary to three to five days which I email on the fifth day.

I had my hi metal elintseeker just shipped and so is my batman pod figuarts
And my metal build Gundam sword.

90% reliable 10% shit happen and they refunded you.

Transformers had zero issues.

hYpNoS
3rd February 2018, 02:08 AM
Mixed experiences from me, been good with a few orders in the past but since I can't use bulk shipping I usually go SAL where its cheap, trouble is the particular model (master grade gundam model, a large one...) they didn't calculate the shipping cost correctly and yet sent me a notice to pay additional for shipping AND a tracking invoice, wut :confused:

In the end they essentially said "oh, that was a mistake but you need to pay that and it hasn't been sent" so I told them straight up "ok, but you weren't clear on that, other sites usually go ems for items supposedly of that size so why not bump me up to ems, sick of waiting guys".

So from 3k yen shipping+ an ADDITIONAL 3k yen to just 1.5k yen, the 3+3 was SAL, the 3+1.5 was ems.

People weren't kidding when they were a bit on the dodgy side but its been shipped, only use them for the odd exclusive really and nothing of the conventional stuff I can get from hlj (because saving money with the shipping is where the real savings lie for me rather than individual item price, but that's preference mostly)

drifand
3rd February 2018, 01:02 PM
Mixed experiences from me, been good with a few orders in the past but since I can't use bulk shipping I usually go SAL where its cheap, trouble is the particular model (master grade gundam model, a large one...) they didn't calculate the shipping cost correctly and yet sent me a notice to pay additional for shipping AND a tracking invoice, wut :confused:

In the end they essentially said "oh, that was a mistake but you need to pay that and it hasn't been sent" so I told them straight up "ok, but you weren't clear on that, other sites usually go ems for items supposedly of that size so why not bump me up to ems, sick of waiting guys".

So from 3k yen shipping+ an ADDITIONAL 3k yen to just 1.5k yen, the 3+3 was SAL, the 3+1.5 was ems.

People weren't kidding when they were a bit on the dodgy side but its been shipped, only use them for the odd exclusive really and nothing of the conventional stuff I can get from hlj (because saving money with the shipping is where the real savings lie for me rather than individual item price, but that's preference mostly)

Remember this occurred for a big item, chances are they may get the shipping rates incorrect. This also happened to me on pg I bought. Yes like you not very happy about it. However, I didn't pay anything first till communication was clear as sometimes they thought you want this shipping type but actually op for Eco sal.

Also hlj has a deal with Japan post for ems you can often see is cheaper than their own sal options as well. Plus minus price, ny is normally 1,000 to 2,500 cheaper than hlj.

The downside is ny they don't refund. I think store credit is possible.
Hence don't order or pay for items if you had no intention on honouring.

There are also accounts that people ordered and got cancelled after paying upfront and they relist the item at higher prices.

I won't brag about them as I used several Japanese sites to order my toys.

The bad thing about hlj is I never know WHERE to look for latest release items and they never release any warnings or heads up leaving you refreshing the damn stupid page on a search and mostly it be sold out for hot items.

This is where hlj Service is a lot better they fix to rrp price regardless of hype of item.
Also ny resolution on items received damage is poor, so be mindful of that.

90% of the time no issues. I have not encountered a pc situation.

ampoldj
14th February 2018, 01:02 PM
Im planning to buy LG Trypticon on sale costs 4000yen shipping using SAL. Anything to be worried with big boxes using SAL?

drifand
14th February 2018, 01:42 PM
Im planning to buy LG Trypticon on sale costs 4000yen shipping using SAL. Anything to be worried with big boxes using SAL?

you should just ship by boat.
I have no issues to wait, and trust me unlike PC, it delivers.

Again though, if you are MISB collector NY isn't best known for huge boxes protection.

ampoldj
14th February 2018, 02:17 PM
Ah yes sorry that is by boat for 4000yen (SAL is 7000yen :eek:)

Im not an MISB collector now so i think this will be fine as long as it arrives our door step. Thanks drif :D

drifand
14th February 2018, 03:41 PM
Ah yes sorry that is by boat for 4000yen (SAL is 7000yen :eek:)

Im not an MISB collector now so i think this will be fine as long as it arrives our door step. Thanks drif :D

I had two mp-10 which was shipped via this method along with Chogokin Figuarts Hulkbuster, they all came fine. though mp-10 had a slight ding on the outside parcel box, the actual tox box was fine.

ampoldj
15th February 2018, 12:52 PM
Finally received my first order from NY. Not as quick as amiami or HLJ but hey i saved 30bucks. Just wondering why they force fit the item inside the shipping box where there is enough space on all sides if they rotated the item. Good thing auspost did handle the parcel well this time and it got minor scuffing only.

drifand
15th February 2018, 01:26 PM
Finally received my first order from NY. Not as quick as amiami or HLJ but hey i saved 30bucks. Just wondering why they force fit the item inside the shipping box where there is enough space on all sides if they rotated the item. Good thing auspost did handle the parcel well this time and it got minor scuffing only.

beats me, I don't complain at all as long as they ship the item.

I just gotten my Hi-Metal Elintseeker, my Batpod figuarts, and my metal build option parts.

I have only minor issues over a three year period. Again they are not the best for everyone, but here are the listed advantages:

1. Normally cheapest listed
2.Various shipping options
3.Pay options
4. Pay later
5. Pay when you feel the rates are good.
6. They deliver unlike some idiot
7. They get stock by release date so hence cut down waiting time unlike ordering from local retails.

Not to say there isn't disadvantages:
1. some bad rep due to items ordered and paid and they cancel your order.
2.They raise prices, sometimes inflated
3.shipping package not as protected like HLJ or Amiami.

However, like stated savings ranges from $15-$40 compared to competitors.

I use various retailers, especially if you want third party transformers then Japanese retailers are mostly not the retailers you be looking for.

drifand
9th May 2018, 07:28 AM
received my METAL BUILD - ARBALEST VER.IV and Hi-metal Hikaru 1A.

No issues, no communication required, no "where is my stuff", none, it just works.

drifand
10th May 2018, 07:12 AM
received Mospeda Stick from ny. Well packed no issues.

drifand
23rd May 2018, 11:14 AM
Ordered another item and shipped within two days.
This retailer has minimal maintenance unlike certain local retailer that promises big things but make you wait endlessly.

drifand
20th July 2018, 10:16 AM
A precaution

I saw someone ordered an exclusive item on NY which was over six month away.

NY was not able to provide the item and REFUSED to refund the customer, giving an excuse it was way too long and FORCED a store credit.

While as a regular I might be fine, but for someone who isn't that is not good practice and very bad service.

Please be careful when placing Pre orders from this site especially when the item is over six months away.

I would advise people to use pay later option and always ONLY pay when nearer to release date.

Galvatran
20th July 2018, 10:32 PM
Great advice. You're invaluable to this forum. How you're not a Super Admin I'll never know. :D

A precaution

NY was not able to provide the item and REFUSED to refund the customer, giving an excuse it was way too long and FORCED a store credit.

While as a regular I might be fine, but for someone who isn't that is not good practice and very bad service.

Please be careful when placing Pre orders from this site especially when the item is over six months away.

I would advise people to use pay later option and always ONLY pay when nearer to release date.

DaptoDog
20th July 2018, 11:31 PM
I concur with Galvatran that this advice is spot on, especially using the Pay Later option. I almost always pay my preorders with NY when the payment notice comes through just before the items are released. Mind you I only order general release MPs from them and they have always delivered on these.

As an aside, I just paid off my pre-order with them for MP Dinobot and was not charged GST. I thought this may be because I ordered it ages ago so I then tested a pre-order for Megatron but again it didn't apply GST.

A precaution

hYpNoS
21st July 2018, 12:08 AM
A precaution

Let me guess, the macross dx chogokin kyrios debacle?

Some items you can't even do a pay later because of how limited they are such as event exclusives, it sucks really, gotta pick your stuff carefully

drifand
21st July 2018, 01:57 PM
Let me guess, the macross dx chogokin kyrios debacle?

Some items you can't even do a pay later because of how limited they are such as event exclusives, it sucks really, gotta pick your stuff carefully

^ absolutely! While I frequent this site it is an honest observation and needs people to be aware especially when no pay later option is available for a limited item.

Applies to other sites as well don’t pre order blindly. This isn’t the customers fault. Rather poor company policy. So please be careful.

hYpNoS
21st July 2018, 04:50 PM
^ absolutely! While I frequent this site it is an honest observation and needs people to be aware especially when no pay later option is available for a limited item.

Applies to other sites as well don’t pre order blindly. This isn’t the customers fault. Rather poor company policy. So please be careful.

Its why I'm trying to find someone else to find some of these LTD pre-orders, I remember one case where I paid for something, think it was a gundam model kit (mg-was a big one) that I chose SAL shipping for, and when it was released they got the shipping wrong and went to collect the correct amount, sadly the amount was stupidly high and did a bit of research and found EMS was cheaper, no option to change was present so after a week going back and forward I FORCED them to give me ems shipping (was only just shy 2000yen more than the previous sal I pre-paid rather than the nearly 5k increase for sal).

That and the dx chogokin debacle made me realize how shitty they've become despite being so well known

drifand
21st July 2018, 05:43 PM
They are not very good in terms of huge bulky items and quoting wrong amount on shipping.

For most tf masterpiece items “most” are okay.

Bandai limited items, I sometimes consider an agent to purchase as it isn’t worth it to be cancelled or being played out. At least I know bandai themselves will refund my agent with no issues.

The other company AE isn’t great customer service either so is really a gamble at times.

Don’t expect replacement when you find issues with your toys from them.

Galvatran
22nd July 2018, 02:26 PM
I concur with Galvatran that this advice is spot on, especially using the Pay Later option.
How about the Super Admin comment? ...Nah, you're not compelled to answer that one. :p

DaptoDog
22nd July 2018, 10:40 PM
How about the Super Admin comment? ...Nah, you're not compelled to answer that one. :p

https://media.giphy.com/media/V53jWRdPWwO0U/giphy.gif

DaptoDog
2nd August 2018, 12:48 PM
MP Dinobot arrived safely yesterday with plenty of bubblewrap as usual. Was single taped too for good measure!

Also, like RK, NY is not yet charging GST on items less than $1,000.

Shirokaze
16th August 2018, 09:08 AM
I'm pretty salty at Nippon Yasan right now. I had a preorder outstanding with them for 6 months for a fairly limited anime figure, but at around a month out from the original release date, I received an email saying the release was brought forward followed by another email demanding payment in 4 days, despite their terms and conditions stating that customers had 15 days from the date the payment request was sent to initiate. With a total cost of around $350 and not having budgeted for it coming so early, I couldn't make it happen until the following pay week. Unfortunately on the 5th day, even though the figure still wasn't in stock, they cancelled my order. :rolleyes: Suspect this is how they treat customers when stock shortages occur.

Galvatran
16th August 2018, 06:15 PM
^ Tis a shame. Would have liked to see what happens on the 6th Day. :p

drifand
16th August 2018, 09:54 PM
Ny plays by their own rules and sometimes is not worth waiting for that demand for payment.

Part of it thinks your experience points play a part.

However some lucky bastard got 10 anniversary Gundam metal build exia for 6,000jpy instead of 60,000jpy. They probably deserve it as how they treat loyal customers.

Their tamashii web exclusive has became almost non existence and I wish I could find someone in japan to help purchase for me from bandai site instead.

drifand
7th November 2018, 09:27 AM
Gotten my Soul of Chogokin Godsigma posted by them by surface mail.
Took 1 month and 2 days to reach saving me 4,000jpy.

Item came is great condition toy was great.

Unlike some retailers, I don't need to chase things up, items get sent as expected. Only thing is they dont carry 3P tfs.

drifand
11th January 2019, 01:33 PM
Gotten my stuff and again. It just works. No need to email and ask for items.

drifand
16th February 2019, 06:43 PM
SOUL OF CHOGOKIN - GX-85 KING BRACHION Preparing to ship.

DaptoDog
17th April 2019, 02:48 PM
Received two separate packages of MPs. Reliable, fast and very well packaged as always.

drifand
24th April 2019, 07:26 AM
Have a defective Bandai product Macross VF-4 Hi metal, NY tried to communicate with Bandai (they claimed)

I tried to communicate with Bandai and they told me I was Gaijin and do not cater for exchange to anyone outside Japan regardless I bought from a Japanese retailer.

I am a bit pissed, as Takara dont treat outside customers like that at all and would still offer exchange if you made the effort to ship item back and arrange your own shipping back.

hYpNoS
24th April 2019, 11:45 PM
Have a defective Bandai product Macross VF-4 Hi metal, NY tried to communicate with Bandai (they claimed)

I tried to communicate with Bandai and they told me I was Gaijin and do not cater for exchange to anyone outside Japan regardless I bought from a Japanese retailer.

I am a bit pissed, as Takara dont treat outside customers like that at all and would still offer exchange if you made the effort to ship item back and arrange your own shipping back.

That's a shame, when I got an encore tf while back when I spoke to hlj they got in touch with takara and got me the missing manual+character card I was missing asap, what exactly did NY claim was said, did bandai say anything at all or no response?

I got lucky with my vf4 from nippon yassan...I think, haven't transformed it yet but it looks physically fine (I like the jet mode too much :D )

drifand
25th April 2019, 08:52 AM
That's a shame, when I got an encore tf while back when I spoke to hlj they got in touch with takara and got me the missing manual+character card I was missing asap, what exactly did NY claim was said, did bandai say anything at all or no response?

I got lucky with my vf4 from nippon yassan...I think, haven't transformed it yet but it looks physically fine (I like the jet mode too much :D )

To me VF4 is underwhelming, for a $140 fig the body that attacth to the cockpit doesn't clip in place.

NY has not gotten a response but Bandai is a crap company when comes to customer service. I believe NY will not be able to do anything.

Evolution toys is also bad, Sentinel at least response. Fantoys really put ALL these companies to shame.

hYpNoS
25th April 2019, 12:46 PM
To me VF4 is underwhelming, for a $140 fig the body that attacth to the cockpit doesn't clip in place.

NY has not gotten a response but Bandai is a crap company when comes to customer service. I believe NY will not be able to do anything.

Evolution toys is also bad, Sentinel at least response. Fantoys really put ALL these companies to shame.

I'm not too surprised, I guess if it was larger it'd have clips, but how does it hold there, friction or stiffness of joints?

That's a damn shame, I'm glad when the defective vf1 j came out (with wrong leg booster parts) I gotten a normal one despite sitting with hlj's private warehouse for 2 months so so far other than slight paint issues my hi metal's have been fine

Evolution toys was a relatively new company last I heard, but I heard of their reputation and wonder why do they even bother, sentinel I have yet to dabble into, fanstoys have yet to look into

drifand
27th April 2019, 04:14 PM
I'm not too surprised, I guess if it was larger it'd have clips, but how does it hold there, friction or stiffness of joints?

That's a damn shame, I'm glad when the defective vf1 j came out (with wrong leg booster parts) I gotten a normal one despite sitting with hlj's private warehouse for 2 months so so far other than slight paint issues my hi metal's have been fine

Evolution toys was a relatively new company last I heard, but I heard of their reputation and wonder why do they even bother, sentinel I have yet to dabble into, fanstoys have yet to look into

Evolution is NO longer a NEW company, it is established. Those days of it being New are long gone. They produce good and very under whelming toys.

Bandai's attitude better change as is such 'crap" I can only take. I had zero tolerance for Figma when they advertised a well painted iron man and gave a figure which had no paint like a $5 figure when you paid $90.

It is very hard as Bandai is a bully because they CAN. and I know they have the "you not happy too bad! We got heaps of fans! Who are you? a Gaijin lol"

And unfortunately Takara even though better service they not making higher quality toys.

Back to topic Nippon yasan you need to be prepared they wont swap your toy for defects.

graza78
3rd September 2019, 08:02 PM
Hi Guys, anyone know the average ship out time? Bought an in stock item on Friday, got a "Preparation in Progress" notification on Sunday.

drifand
13th September 2019, 01:26 PM
It takes a bit of wait but you can use the chat or service ticket.

graza78
13th September 2019, 03:09 PM
It takes a bit of wait but you can use the chat or service ticket.

Cheers. They shipped after 11 days (with one email exchange)

danny-boy
2nd October 2019, 04:21 PM
I?ve heard bad things about their customer service but first time I use them and they went above and beyond for me. They contacted Takara directly for a replacement head sculpt and promptly shipped it out to me. Amazing service will definitely continue to use and recommend them.

drifand
7th November 2019, 09:47 AM
My first service ticket in a long time asking when is my soc Voltron vehicles shipping. Quite annoying as most retailers have shipped two weeks ago!

drifand
7th November 2019, 02:18 PM
Update: they started shipping Voltron vehicle. All good.

drifand
7th November 2019, 02:22 PM
I?ve heard bad things about their customer service but first time I use them and they went above and beyond for me. They contacted Takara directly for a replacement head sculpt and promptly shipped it out to me. Amazing service will definitely continue to use and recommend them.

Take note, if Bandai items is a whole new different story because Bandai has zero service.

DaptoDog
11th November 2019, 05:46 PM
Update: they started shipping Voltron vehicle. All good.

Yes I'm also waiting for my Vehicle Voltron to ship. They told me they are waiting for more to arrive before mine will be shipped. I need it to ship so I can claim a discount code for another order.

drifand
12th November 2019, 09:43 AM
Yes I'm also waiting for my Vehicle Voltron to ship. They told me they are waiting for more to arrive before mine will be shipped. I need it to ship so I can claim a discount code for another order.

I used my discount code on this piece, Its quite late and is still in preparation

drifand
14th November 2019, 09:05 PM
And my Voltron is finally shipped. BY BOAT.

DaptoDog
14th November 2019, 10:43 PM
And my Voltron is finally shipped. BY BOAT.

Mine shipped yesterday. BY EMS.

drifand
15th December 2019, 09:58 AM
Received my Black widow MP (not for me), with no issues whatsoever. Came well bubble wrapped.

I recommend this retailer if you don't care about after sales service as most of the time 90% no issues.
However when you do have issues with your toy, I feel they brush you aside or dont care.

If service is a concern, use HLJ, Hobbysearch and Amiami for better after sales service.

DaptoDog
16th December 2019, 10:50 AM
My large order arrived in the sturdiest box I've ever seen (double layered) with an insane amount of bubble wrap. Continue to split my business between them and Robot Kingdom.

drifand
16th December 2019, 11:09 AM
My large order arrived in the sturdiest box I've ever seen (double layered) with an insane amount of bubble wrap. Continue to split my business between them and Robot Kingdom.

Definitely smarter way to go. It?s so hilarious just reading the ?other? thread people not getting or people getting items, so inconsistent.

The reasons why I won?t be able to use this retailer mainly is they don?t offer 3p tfs. But other than that Japanese retailers are so much more reliable 85% of the time.

Ny also gives people the heads up if you have not paid or is preparing to ship, absolutely no need to ask them 90% of the time. Even delays are notified. It just works.

Tha_Phantom
16th December 2019, 11:29 AM
It?s so hilarious just reading the ?other? thread people not getting or people getting items, so inconsistent.

Yeah, totally hilarious....

drifand
16th December 2019, 06:04 PM
Yeah, totally hilarious....

Glad you agree. :)

drifand
17th December 2019, 12:44 AM
Hey guys for those still in the dunno band wagon, NY DOESNT charge GST. :)

drifand
17th December 2019, 02:45 AM
Just got my two vf-1s Chogokin dx from ny.

Oh why not....#nydelivers !
Lol

drifand
8th January 2020, 12:07 PM
Voltron vehicle arrived by boat.

Seriously folks if you are still waiting on items from your retailer that gives such poor customer service, don?t use them.

The amount of savings you get is minimum from so called supporting local. I don?t get this.

You pay for what you get in most cases but I see people not even getting anything.

With the amount of payments options I believe is just how you manage your own finances to buy toys.

#ny delivers again

drifand
22nd January 2020, 10:05 AM
received my blue mospeada by riobot sentinel. My box was slightly crushed, but item was still no damage. Item took two months by boat.

DaptoDog
28th January 2020, 06:40 PM
After 6 years and many orders I need to leave my first significantly negative feedback.

Since they re-opened on 6 January they have been mucking me around on getting my faulty MP-45 Bumblebee replaced. It's misassembled with a faulty part that prevents it being transformed to robot mode and is not a simple fix. They initially apologised and said they would contact the manufacturer to see "what could be done". Since then they have been unresponsive. The final straw was them marking the ticket as resolved this afternoon without a reply (no it's not in my spam).

This would be bad enough but they have also had my MP-47 and MP-46 preorder in the "shipment preparation" stage for over 3 weeks. It normally only takes a few days and never this long for something to be shipped once it's in preparation. Their only response is it will ship once the preparation is completed (ie a non-response).

If you check out TFW or their Facebook page you will find dozens of people having the same issues. It sure looks like something is wrong, they have never had these issues post Christmas in prior years.

I've advised them I'm giving it till the end of the week for them to resolve both issues or I will be disputing with PayPal and my bank.

They've been great up till now so it is a shame.

drifand
29th January 2020, 09:11 AM
After 6 years and many orders I need to leave my first significantly negative feedback.

Since they re-opened on 6 January they have been mucking me around on getting my faulty MP-45 Bumblebee replaced. It's misassembled with a faulty part that prevents it being transformed to robot mode and is not a simple fix. They initially apologised and said they would contact the manufacturer to see "what could be done". Since then they have been unresponsive. The final straw was them marking the ticket as resolved this afternoon without a reply (no it's not in my spam).

This would be bad enough but they have also had my MP-47 and MP-46 preorder in the "shipment preparation" stage for over 3 weeks. It normally only takes a few days and never this long for something to be shipped once it's in preparation. Their only response is it will ship once the preparation is completed (ie a non-response).

If you check out TFW or their Facebook page you will find dozens of people having the same issues. It sure looks like something is wrong, they have never had these issues post Christmas in prior years.

I've advised them I'm giving it till the end of the week for them to resolve both issues or I will be disputing with PayPal and my bank.

They've been great up till now so it is a shame.

They will close your account if you do a paypal dispute. NY is not a reputable company for resolving issues sadly. Given is Takara it should be fixable, I had my Bandai hi metal fig that they didn't do anything and like you they just close the ticket.

I took this risk when ordering with this retailer and mostly if they are not very important pieces in my collection I will order.

My friend has his MP hound not shipped yet which is a joke but thats like my voltron vehicle as well.
I dont really like using them at this stage as my primary retailer, but I have not crossed them out. Their shipping and retail process also had gone up.

I suggest try and push your items to ship and then raise the dispute for your bee if you have NO OUTSTANDING orders. Hence if they suspend your account is who cares.

If you DONT CARE about your orders and just want your money back, then proceed with disputes. Try contacting Takara Tomy and see what can be done.

DaptoDog
29th January 2020, 10:11 AM
They will close your account if you do a paypal dispute. NY is not a reputable company for resolving issues sadly. Given is Takara it should be fixable, I had my Bandai hi metal fig that they didn't do anything and like you they just close the ticket.

I took this risk when ordering with this retailer and mostly if they are not very important pieces in my collection I will order.

My friend has his MP hound not shipped yet which is a joke but thats like my voltron vehicle as well.
I dont really like using them at this stage as my primary retailer, but I have not crossed them out. Their shipping and retail process also had gone up.

I suggest try and push your items to ship and then raise the dispute for your bee if you have NO OUTSTANDING orders. Hence if they suspend your account is who cares.

If you DONT CARE about your orders and just want your money back, then proceed with disputes. Try contacting Takara Tomy and see what can be done.

That's good advice to contact Takara directly. I will try searching for their contact details, unless you have them handy?

Yeh I know they will cancel the account. I don't have any other outstanding orders beyond Hound thankfully.

The Bumblebee order would have to be a chargeback through my bank since it's beyond the PayPal window. Part of me doesn't mind disputing the Hound with PayPal since it has all these issues anyway. If I cancelled it I could reorder one copy to open and order the 2nd to keep MISB once a reissue comes out that hopefully fixes the problems.

drifand
29th January 2020, 10:21 AM
That's good advice to contact Takara directly. I will try searching for their contact details, unless you have them handy?

Yeh I know they will cancel the account. I don't have any other outstanding orders beyond Hound thankfully.

The Bumblebee order would have to be a chargeback through my bank since it's beyond the PayPal window. Part of me doesn't mind disputing the Hound with PayPal since it has all these issues anyway. If I cancelled it I could reorder one copy to open and order the 2nd to keep MISB once a reissue comes out that hopefully fixes the problems.

I believe Goki, myself have an TT account with them directly and maybe a handful of members. I normally communicate with their contact through using some basic Japanese and attaching pictures show what is wrong.

DaptoDog
29th January 2020, 10:44 AM
I believe Goki, myself have an TT account with them directly and maybe a handful of members. I normally communicate with their contact through using some basic Japanese and attaching pictures show what is wrong.

I have a Takara Tomy Mall account, is that what you have? I found this contact form on the Takara Tomy Mall site, is this what you use?

https://inquiry.takaratomy.co.jp/csc/

Thanks mate

drifand
29th January 2020, 11:05 AM
I have a Takara Tomy Mall account, is that what you have? I found this contact form on the Takara Tomy Mall site, is this what you use?

https://inquiry.takaratomy.co.jp/csc/

Thanks mate

Yes that should be correct, just be prepared to fork out expenses for parts to ship to yourself as required. They can possibly send to a Tenso address for free.

DaptoDog
29th January 2020, 11:25 AM
Yes that should be correct, just be prepared to fork out expenses for parts to ship to yourself as required. They can possibly send to a Tenso address for free.

Thanks. The problem is I need to remove a pin using a soldering iron which I've never done. If that's my only choice then I'll guess I'll take it but my preference is a replacement.

drifand
29th January 2020, 11:37 AM
Thanks. The problem is I need to remove a pin using a soldering iron which I've never done. If that's my only choice then I'll guess I'll take it but my preference is a replacement.

Yeah email them first to ask, and even say you can send the faulty one to them if you so decide.

Sounds like my Ramjet but I lived with it.

NY isn't great with such issues, in fact I say is horrible.
This is where places such as Hobbysearch, Amami and HLJ are better. Ohmyprimus is pretty decent.
I wouldn't recommend OCTA's pick for retailer of the year either but is up to members to go by experience. (I didn't vote nor can be bothered complete an entire survey. I remembered PC was recommended back in the days as well, looks like a Full complete replication of issues lol)

Sorry to hear about your issues with NY. thats sucks and I think their service dropped considerably.

DaptoDog
29th January 2020, 11:59 AM
Yeah email them first to ask, and even say you can send the faulty one to them if you so decide.

Sounds like my Ramjet but I lived with it.

NY isn't great with such issues, in fact I say is horrible.
This is where places such as Hobbysearch, Amami and HLJ are better. Ohmyprimus is pretty decent.
I wouldn't recommend OCTA's pick for retailer of the year either but is up to members to go by experience. (I didn't vote nor can be bothered complete an entire survey. I remembered PC was recommended back in the days as well, looks like a Full complete replication of issues lol)

Sorry to hear about your issues with NY. thats sucks and I think their service dropped considerably.

Here is the issue. On the left of the photo below you can see the part is faulty, the leg is all crooked because they've tried to jam it in. It needs to be fixed as per the right. I could use a heat gun or hair dryer to bend the plastic. Or get the replacement part from Takara.

https://oimg.photobucket.com/albums/r670/lemmead/MP-45%20Left%20Leg%20fix_zpsjrdtq6rb.jpg

It should look like the other leg.

https://oimg.photobucket.com/albums/r670/lemmead/MP-45%20Right%20Leg_zpsypr1ajvn.jpg

This is the pin I need to remove to replace the faulty part.

https://oimg.photobucket.com/albums/r670/lemmead/MP-45%20Leg%20pin_zpso0ygaivs.jpg

I'm concerned even if I remove the pin the leg will still end up crooked after making the fix given how the pin has gone in at an angle in to make it work.

Thanks again for your help. And you've always been transparent that if things go wrong you can have issues with NY getting things replaced. Fortunately this is my first major QC issue in 6 years ordering.

llamatron
29th January 2020, 02:32 PM
My NY hound is still in preparation. Won't be using them again, I will go back to anime export or ohmyprimus.

drifand
29th January 2020, 03:52 PM
My NY hound is still in preparation. Won't be using them again, I will go back to anime export or ohmyprimus.

yup, they dont use to be like this, is only recently I find them so slow.

DaptoDog
31st January 2020, 12:42 PM
NY have now stopped replying to Facebook comments. I have a bad feeling about them now.

So yesterday I put in a PayPal dispute for my Hound/BA order and PayPal has already awarded me the refund. I suggest those waiting to also consider putting in disputes and reorder elsewhere.

Also put in a chargeback for the faulty Bumblebee. Pretty confident I'll get a good outcome on this too.

In the meantime it only took me 24 hours to receive two replies directly from Takara Tomy, so NY were obviously doing f all. This was using the Google Japanese translator. While they initially weren't going to help me because I wasn't based in Japan they became more receptive when I said I could have the spare part posted to a Japanese forwarding address. However, their security filters are blocking my attachments that show the faulty piece and so they said I could mail in the item and they would either repair it or replace. It's worth knowing they may be able to help others in future like drifand said but for now I'll stick with the chargeback. If it goes through I'll probably be able to keep the figure and will attempt repairs with no downside if it fails.

drifand
8th February 2020, 08:27 PM
Friends MP hound was finally shipped.

drifand
15th February 2020, 09:25 AM
Bandai VF-4 Hi metal shipped one day in advance. No virus excuses, so basically still works as accordingly.
This may not be my primary option to buy stuff but still an option, I noticed they have increased their prices in recent releases.

drifand
29th February 2020, 12:20 PM
Received my vf 4 from ny no issues.

DaptoDog
21st April 2020, 01:31 PM
My chargeback dispute against NY lodged end January is still outstanding! :mad: NY never responded to correspondence after their initial response on 7 January.

Citibank have been terrible through the whole process, not giving updates, clearly not reading correspondence etc. Anyway today I learn that NY has not been responding to their requests for a "voucher". Essentially it's a confirmation of the purchase as required under the Mastercard rules. To make matters worse, NY's bank is also apparently not responding to Citi's requests for the information. Citi are continuing to try to reach them but are also corresponding with Mastercard to see what the alternate options are available. Surely they have to award the chargeback to me if I've provided evidence and the merchant and their bank are ignoring my bank?

So a dispute that I was told would take 6-8 weeks for a decision is now at 12 weeks and seems to be going nowhere. I've been waiting for the chargeback to go through before trying to repair my faulty MP-45 Bumblebee or returning it to NY if they give me actual return instructions. But at this point I'm sick of waiting so will just re-order it from Oh My Primus. When I get the chargeback I'll then either have to return it or will have a go at repairing it....

DaptoDog
7th May 2020, 12:52 PM
^ Just closing this out, I posted in the Delayed Post thread that Citi have agreed to credit my account for the amount disputed to end my AFCA dispute. The bonus is I don't have to return MP-45 so can have a go at repairing it or just keep him in chibi mode. I'm sure I'd still be getting mucked around if I'd not made the AFCA complaint. I'll be closing my Citi account since their handling of it was terrible and opening a UBank account to avoid fx fees on my online orders.

Still never heard anything back from NY though my account now says that the order is under Chargeback Dispute. They haven't closed my account but suffice to say I'm not ordering from them anymore regardless.

drifand
20th June 2020, 11:43 PM
I am currently in process of deciding to dispue my transactions for Macross Chogokin DX Strike Option parts which have ETA of 30 April.
I already raised tickets for these item.

I can honestly say they are NO longer trust worthy to order from FOR TAMASHII products. I also will not recommend using them to pre order items as you can see DaptoDog experience.
Will Update when I dispute.

Unicran
23rd June 2020, 09:10 PM
Thanks for the advice DaptoDog & drifand (good to see you moved up to Rank 6 :)).

Trent
24th June 2020, 03:20 PM
I had my Sentnel Legioss preordered with them. When the payment notice came in I opened a ticket asking about shipping and it went unanswered for so long they cancelled my preorder. They also cancelled it a day early. So I’m not too impressed.

drifand
25th June 2020, 02:54 PM
I had my Sentnel Legioss preordered with them. When the payment notice came in I opened a ticket asking about shipping and it went unanswered for so long they cancelled my preorder. They also cancelled it a day early. So I’m not too impressed.

Yes my friend had No notification and had his SHF figuarts Mando cancelled. In a WAY I think is a blessing. Mine is paid and I have to deal with such bad delays.
I DONT mind if my items are kept and just holding. This issue is mine are NOT in such status. It has no progress and no preparation or no indication they secured your items.

AE on the other hand has everything broken down. Your item IS SECURED. And they explain on their site about COVID 19 and how they process. Its CLEAR and you dont worry.

I am putting these guys on blacklist for ANYTHING PRE-ORDER. Forget it. I anint bias about retailers. I had good run with them but now, is a sign to run away.

drifand
11th August 2020, 09:24 AM
So it appears to me Nippon Yasan is lying and is just stalling time. I STRONGLY advise anyone who have outstanding orders to be VERY careful.
I been given the "Out stock is coming bit by bit and we only sending to priority shipping first" Despite I have changed shipping to Singapore my second home and changed to EMS, nothing is done.
This is for Macross Chogokin Strike Parts. They were released in April and I have asked for an update every month since then and they have not changed a thing or shipped anything even using surface method.
I made the call to my bank CBA and made a dispute.

Take note Nippon Yasan offered a stored credit when I requested for refund. I declined as You were not able to obtain the stock is your duty to refund the customer. I have not changed my mind nor am I going to continue to wait endlessly for an item which you were not able to obtain.

I strongly recommend you NOT to buy from this retailer. FULL STOP. I dont care what good history you have, as I did, but they are doing a PC doggy.
Hope my post helps.

drifand
24th August 2020, 09:36 AM
I have filed my complaint a week ago to CBA, hopefully I get my money back.
NY had done a sneaky and did a refund on store credit on my account despite I have clearly stated I am not accepting store credits.
My SHF Mandolorian Mando is in same situation. giving the same reply stating they will ship in two weeks time or more. I am just waiting for two weeks to past and start raising a dispute.
Take NOTE, dont use any foul language whatsoever. Just be persistent asking where is the item if not refund the transaction.

drifand
2nd September 2020, 08:34 AM
Update, Nippon Yasan is pulling a quick one and refunded my items as store credit despite I clearly stated I dont accept.
I am sure they will attempt to palm it off to my bank as it was refunded.

My SHF figurarts took over two months to finally reach shipping preparation.

Highly recommended to AVOID. I know some jokers FEAR of loosing your account. But they will have the last laugh if you are being ignorant.

drifand
3rd September 2020, 07:47 AM
Update from Paypal, stating they gotten notification that these transactions are being disputed and because they do not have any case information they have closed the case on their end. Typically even if I raised a dispute through Paypal it will fail anyway as transaction is over a year.

drifand
10th September 2020, 08:34 AM
CBA has sided with me and refunded. Nippon Yasan has not readjusted the store credits in my account but I have no intention to touch it.
Will not be ordering from them again.

yoshi594
23rd January 2021, 05:41 PM
anyone still waiting for mp49 nemesis prime? I totally forgot about him and he hasn?t been shipped yet...

Other
23rd January 2021, 08:30 PM
anyone still waiting for mp49 nemesis prime? I totally forgot about him and he hasn?t been shipped yet...

What method of shipping did you chose and what does the status say? If it says preparing and you chose something like EMS then you need to raise a ticket about changing your shipping type

yoshi594
23rd January 2021, 10:04 PM
What method of shipping did you chose and what does the status say? If it says preparing and you chose something like EMS then you need to raise a ticket about changing your shipping type

Seamail and it still says ?pre order payment ok? item has been out since mid last year xD. I sent them a messaging asking what?s happening.

yoshi594
2nd February 2021, 12:57 AM
Seamail and it still says ?pre order payment ok? item has been out since mid last year xD. I sent them a messaging asking what?s happening.

still no reply from nippon. i added a reply to my own ticket and did a live chat asking them to escalate my ticket.

yoshi594
5th February 2021, 12:38 AM
looks like tons of people are having the same issues. Check their facebook and you'll see the plethora of people complaining about tickets not being answered and items not being delivered. i'm a bit iff as they did deliver my play arts cloud/barret but my mp-49 looks bleak.

Shirokaze
5th February 2021, 05:10 PM
looks like tons of people are having the same issues. Check their facebook and you'll see the plethora of people complaining about tickets not being answered and items not being delivered. i'm a bit iff as they did deliver my play arts cloud/barret but my mp-49 looks bleak.

Definitely do a charge back. There were no covid delays and mine shipped from Amiami on the 25th of July. Its not like an Aussie supplier waiting for a container out of china, Japanese stores have the stock on release day so it would be unlikely they're still going to have one sitting around for you.

drifand
22nd February 2021, 08:47 AM
You be very naive at this point after I have posted my updates and you had time to do a charge back and you didn't. Stop wishful thinking, you are just wasting your time. All my transactions were successfully disputed since last year May.

I personally do not trust this site at all at this point.

They be stalling time and make you believe they are delivering or stock is coming in when the item was long released. All stalling tactics to buy them enough time for them to get away with you making a dispute claim to your bank too late.

yoshi594
23rd February 2021, 03:55 AM
You be very naive at this point after I have posted my updates and you had time to do a charge back and you didn't. Stop wishful thinking, you are just wasting your time. All my transactions were successfully disputed since last year May.

I personally do not trust this site at all at this point.

They be stalling time and make you believe they are delivering or stock is coming in when the item was long released. All stalling tactics to buy them enough time for them to get away with you making a dispute claim to your bank too late.

my chargeback period isn't over lol. Premium collectibles can attest to that :).

drifand
25th February 2021, 04:13 PM
my chargeback period isn't over lol. Premium collectibles can attest to that :).

I wouldn't play roll the dice. Is just silly to let it sit when you have all the chance to do a chargeback.

yoshi594
25th February 2021, 07:34 PM
I wouldn't play roll the dice. Is just silly to let it sit when you have all the chance to do a chargeback.

I?m not sure if you realise but in order to get a chargeback, you have to prove you have tried contacting them. Also need their response/non response for your charge back documents.

DaptoDog
25th February 2021, 08:15 PM
I?m not sure if you realise but in order to get a chargeback, you have to prove you have tried contacting them. Also need their response/non response for your charge back documents.

I have been through this very process with NY and Citibank.

I personally wouldn't delay it. You know they are not going to deliver so why wait? Also keep in mind that NY will purposely ignore your bank when they try to contact them. Heck even their bank wasn't responding to Citibank. That and Citibank being inept was why mine took about 4 months to be processed in my favour. In my case Citibank wore the loss only after I made a complaint to the ombudsman.

If you haven't already began the process of making contact with NY etc I would get right on it so you can quickly move to the chargeback.

drifand
25th February 2021, 09:14 PM

And? FYI All NY tickets have time stamp etc.. If no response, means no response. I did for several chargeback and I have no issues. Also certain credit cards do not need all these BS either.
And as advised, you should not be waiting. NY response to certain title tickets so depends on how you worded it you may NOT get a response. I had my documents witnessed by JP and its a definite win so far.

yoshi594
25th April 2021, 08:06 PM
got all my chargebacks done and nippon cancelled all my orders and deleted my account xD. Such a pity as they were my go to store until now.

drifand
8th May 2021, 07:29 PM
got all my chargebacks done and nippon cancelled all my orders and deleted my account xD. Such a pity as they were my go to store until now.

LOL I have like $400 in store credit but I already gotten my charge back and I refuse to "try" and use these credits. Dishonesty will not pay and will just bite me.
No seriously just goto their facebook page and is shocking the amount of negative comments.

drifand
17th December 2021, 11:43 PM
Nippon Yasan is offically gone.