PDA

View Full Version : No pilot/mini figures in Transformers Crossovers?

Paulbot
3rd August 2008, 01:27 PM
I was checking out the Marvel Crossover and Star Wars Crossover toys today and noticed something - they don't seem to have pilots. Is this the case?

I compared a Commander Cody tank in the old SWTF packaging to one in the new Clone Wars Crossover packaging and I can't see the little pilot figure anywhere in the new box. For the others, like Boba Fett and Obi-Wan I couldn't see pilots in the box or ship cockpits.

For the Marvel TFs I guess the pilots would need to be a different scale to work with a car or motorbike so I can understand why they've been dropped, but not so on the SWTF.

I wonder if this is another cost cutting measure?

Pulse
3rd August 2008, 01:30 PM
I can visualise the hardcore SWTF people bawling their eyes out... :(:D

kup
3rd August 2008, 02:17 PM
I think that its because Hasbro has missed the point and has actually made the robots the characters themselves. So the robots are the SW/Marvel characters not mecha piloted by them.

It sucks doesn't it? Well peopel will still buy them and next thing you know we will have Indiana Jones Transformers.

A crossover that would be good is GI Joe Transformers however Hasbro would likely miss the point and instead of having the Joe/Cobra Vehicles turn into unique Transformers piloted by Joe characters, they will have random vehicles that transforms into Robot Flint, Robot Destro, Robot Baroness and so on.

griffin
3rd August 2008, 04:57 PM
I'd always said that their SWTFs write-ups were a mistake, with them making out that it was the character using the force or technology to turn into an oversized vehicle. They should have been the character using technology to turn their vehicle into a (giant) robot. Dropping the figurines now will mean a continuation of that implausable concept of the SW character turning into a giant sized vehicle.
Maybe it's something the SW fans prefer...

GoktimusPrime
3rd August 2008, 05:04 PM
But doesn't the Transformers/Marvel Crossover story actually state that they're piloted mecha?? (o_O)

roller
3rd August 2008, 07:19 PM
But doesn't the Transformers/Marvel Crossover story actually state that they're piloted mecha?? (o_O)

theres a starwars transformers comic ?

griffin
3rd August 2008, 08:39 PM

Which makes you wonder why they dropped the figurines from the MTF series, and had the figurines in the SWTFs series. Pilots with the series that doesn't recognise them storywise, and no pilots in the series that does... stupid Hasbro designers...

Paulbot
3rd August 2008, 09:12 PM
With the Marvel ones though I can understand it. Look at say Spider-Man motorcycle. If Spider-Man actually rode that the pilot figure would have to be about the same size as the transforming toy.

GoktimusPrime
3rd August 2008, 09:21 PM
I'm inclined to agree with Paulbot. Besides, most piloted mecha toys and models don't come with pilot figurines anyway. :p

theres a starwars transformers comic ?
I said Transformers/Marvel crossover! The story's on the back of the card and I remember it mentioning the Marvel TFs as piloted mecha.

roller
3rd August 2008, 11:00 PM
yeah but they were talkin bout starwars tfs

Gutsman Heavy
3rd August 2008, 11:39 PM
the Marvel TFs are mecha (Transtector in my noggin :)) made by Tony Stark. Well his own is at least, the bio vaguely indicates more, but its not hard to imagine he made the others, and the villains are stolen tech or some crap.

The very first battle suit developed by IRON MAN was his own. It is the only one of the mechs built so far that can fly in both modes. It is also extremely powerful in battle, with a huge array of lasers, missiles and other weapons. IRON MAN also incorporated an override system that lets him take remote control of most of the other battle suits he has built.