PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a complete G1 Optimus Prime

Vector Sigma 13
3rd August 2008, 04:13 PM
Ive looked at the reissues but id really like an original. Price paid would be relevant to general condition. Can anyone help me out?

TF76
3rd August 2008, 04:49 PM
sent you a message.

GoktimusPrime
3rd August 2008, 05:31 PM
Any particular reason why you'd prefer an original over a reissue? I have the original and three different reissues and I think the reissues are fine - so long as they're from Takara. Avoid the Hasbro TRU reissue at all costs.

kup
3rd August 2008, 06:44 PM
I wouldn't mind another G1 Prime either. The paint apps on my figure have chipped over time needing me to touch it up and the chrome has begun to blacken with age, its not severe yet but I probably should get a reissue as silver chrome cannot be fixed.

roller
3rd August 2008, 07:17 PM
good on ya

an original is different i believe from the reissues, i heard that all the reissues are actually the G2 mould which is apparently slightly different.

I bought an almost complete G1 prime about a month ago for $25, the robot has great stickers, stiff joints but the bumper is missing a bit. The trailer is ok but im missing all the little things like roller, fists, fuel pump etc.

good hunting

GoktimusPrime
3rd August 2008, 09:24 PM
The reissues are re-casted from the G2 mould, but it doesn't affect the overall look or aesthetic of the toy. It's not like say reissue Jazz who was casted from the G2 Jazz mould which has that "sh!t-eating grin." :/ Reissue Primes don't suffer from that at all. Not having a mouth helps. :p ;)

Btw I saw a pic of the upcoming Universe reissue Optimus Prime from Hasbro and the toy had full sized smoke stacks! It could just be the prototype mind you - after all, their last reissue had promotional images with full sized stacks and the toy itself had them shortened. And the missiles on the trailer could still be oversized or if it's normal sized then the launchers must be disabled. Unless Hasbro's finally decided to follow Takara's suit and market G1 reissues at adults thus exempting them from child safety laws!! But I wouldn't hold my breath.

I recommend getting an Encore Convoy.

MV75
3rd August 2008, 09:52 PM
Btw I saw a pic of the upcoming Universe reissue Optimus Prime from Hasbro and the toy had full sized smoke stacks! It could just be the prototype mind you - after all, their last reissue had promotional images with full sized stacks and the toy itself had them shortened. And the missiles on the trailer could still be oversized or if it's normal sized then the launchers must be disabled. Unless Hasbro's finally decided to follow Takara's suit and market G1 reissues at adults thus exempting them from child safety laws!! But I wouldn't hold my breath.

I recommend getting an Encore Convoy.

Yea, we all saw that last week. ;) Look closer at the toy in the box.
________
Buy scale (http://www.vaporshop.com/scales)

Vector Sigma 13
3rd August 2008, 10:18 PM
Thanks for the info guys- its probably nostalgia that makes me want an original. I have a very vivid memory of opening my g1 Optimus Prime when i was a kid, it was one of my best memories as a kid. Its a bit corny really. i did hear something about a new one to be released soon too- was it 25th anniversary prime or did i just conjure that up?

TF76
3rd August 2008, 10:39 PM
I play with the encore and recommend it, the arms are a little different, the squares on the grill are bigger and some color differences but that’s about all you really notice even looking close. As a whole it really does feel just like the original, unlike Jazz even the encore to me is just wrong.

I still have a part of me that always wants an original G1 prime. I just got a new one a little better than my other one and it’s boxed, not entirely sure it’s my dream prime, I’ll have to wait till it arrives. I know it is what my prime would have looked like if I kept the box, so it wins for nostalgic value, I just dreamed of a cleaner one. :rolleyes:

I messed up and didn’t completely understand the new (to me) make an offer on ebay and it was excepted. :confused: I’m just starting to get super excited now and the crap I probably paid to much for the toy feeling is going. :)

Vector Sigma 13
4th August 2008, 07:09 AM
Ill give it a few days to see if anyone has a original im prepared to pay for. Failing that ill get an encore. Is there anyone in Australia that stocks them?

Robzy
4th August 2008, 12:17 PM
I understand where you're coming from! I have an original G1 Prime and Megatron (both heavily play damaged) and there are quite a few differences between them and the reissues!

I would also recommend Galaxy Toys on Goodwood Rd. They have heaps of loose original G1 figures. :)

kup
4th August 2008, 12:35 PM
The reissues are re-casted from the G2 mould, but it doesn't affect the overall look or aesthetic of the toy. It's not like say reissue Jazz who was casted from the G2 Jazz mould which has that "sh!t-eating grin." :/ Reissue Primes don't suffer from that at all. Not having a mouth helps. :p ;)\

Where did that expression come from?? I know the G2 face looks weird as hell but why call it a "sh!t-eating grin"?

pheonix83
4th August 2008, 01:04 PM
i have a spare G1 prime. not %100 complete though.

cant remember what accessories im missing ill have to check when i get home

Vector Sigma 13
4th August 2008, 10:49 PM
i have a spare G1 prime. not %100 complete though.

cant remember what accessories im missing ill have to check when i get home

Id be interested to see what you have, pm me when youve sussed it out.

GoktimusPrime
5th August 2008, 09:20 AM
Where did that expression come from?? I know the G2 face looks weird as hell but why call it a "sh!t-eating grin"?
I'll tell you about it off the board. ;)