PDA

View Full Version : GIJoe & TFs crossover preview

griffin
13th February 2014, 02:56 PM
We are still almost three months away from Free Comic Book Day (May 1st), but a preview has been released on the official FCBD website, to get us used to the unusual art and story of this 3rd, 4th, 5th?? crossover of Hasbro's two biggest Action Figure Brands.

Images have been mirrored here (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/comics-16/idws-transformers-vs-gi-joe-free-comic-book-day-issue-0-preview-179279/) in case they come down later.

Note that this comic heads up a miniseries comic later, that could be ongoing if popular enough.

Paulbot
13th February 2014, 03:05 PM
Um

Um

Well it's certainly different.

Has a X-Statix/FF self-parody vibe.

But no I don't think I will be buying this.

(I do like the native cybertronian language being depicted as sound waves, that's an interesting idea)

1orion2many
13th February 2014, 03:08 PM
Hhhhmmmmmmm:confused:

ChlorHex
13th February 2014, 04:00 PM
I think I'd still very much prefer for my 80s styled comics to remain in the 80s.
Not my cuppa tea this one :rolleyes:

Verno
13th February 2014, 04:03 PM
Oh my... Thank Primus it's free.

I have 3 trains of thought.

1: The use of the 'nostalgic-styled' artwork will be the same as seen in ReGen1 #0 and the RID 2012 Annual, IE, this is some kind of flashback and once the story kicks back into a 'current' time period, the artwork will become more 'modern'.

2: The use of the 'nostalgic-styled' artwork will be used throughout the entire series.

3: The use of the 'nostalgic-styled' artwork is only for the FCBD Issue, to gain attention and set it apart from other titles.

For the sake of the series as a whole, surely it can't be #2, right?

Paulbot
13th February 2014, 04:22 PM
It's likely #2. You can see some sketches the artist has done on his tumblr (http://tomscioli.tumblr.com/tagged/transformers).

snaketales
13th February 2014, 05:43 PM
That's very stylised art, to put it kindly.

BigTransformerTrev
13th February 2014, 06:04 PM
Wow, that art is like half way between the old Marvel comics and the Ladybird books.

I'd say "80's all the way!" but I was happy to leave that decade of comics in the past.

There is a reason no-one wears parachute pants anymore people :p Leave the past in the past - it's a good place for it!

Ploughmans Lunch
13th February 2014, 06:20 PM
I'm sure it'll work.

Lord_Zed
13th February 2014, 06:52 PM
Well it's interesting........ Between Marvel, Devils Due, and Dreamwave they have done the crossover thing to death, so they have to try something new to avoid repeating the same old thing again. So it could be better than a straight rehash.

I wonder is actually going to come on yellow stained looking paper though.:D

DELTAprime
13th February 2014, 09:19 PM
Does this have anything to do with IDW's G1 Universe? If it doesn't I'm going to pass even at the free price tag.

Paulbot
13th February 2014, 09:47 PM
All signs point to no.

bassbot
13th February 2014, 11:42 PM
This is NOT in any continuity of Joe or TF. Scioli's done some interviews that are around on newsarama.com for example