PDA

View Full Version : TF4 Titan toys found in Melbourne

swoop
16th February 2014, 12:39 PM
Saw the AOE constructobots at epping toyworld today. They also had the 12 inch titan figures out.
http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/swoop01/IMG_1298.jpg
http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/swoop01/IMG_1294.jpg
http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/swoop01/IMG_1296.jpg
http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/swoop01/IMG_1293.jpg

KaRNiV8L PRiME
16th February 2014, 04:13 PM
Nice that we getting some T4mers love before the states

griffin
16th February 2014, 04:37 PM
I rang up 10 Toyworlds in Brisbane, but none claim to have received new TFs stock in ages.... so some southern stores are getting these months before they should.

I wouldn't be surprised if someone at Hasbro Australia have actually stuffed up (sent the wrong stock from the warehouse)... and gets their butts kicked for it.

That Epping Toyworld will certainly get in trouble, as the Titans had the embargo date on their boxes. (apparently the Construct-Bots didn't, so you can't fault any store that puts them out straight away)

griffin
16th February 2014, 04:39 PM
After seeing the pics at Toyfair and now these ones, is anyone else thinking that the name "Titans" should not have been used for these toys... as it implies something awesome. (and these are clearly not)

KaRNiV8L PRiME
16th February 2014, 04:45 PM
After seeing the pics at Toyfair and now these ones, is anyone else thinking that the name "Titans" should not have been used for these toys... as it implies something awesome. (and these are clearly not)

Hasbro has marvel 12 inch Titan heroes that look very similar

DELTAprime
16th February 2014, 05:15 PM
As someone that works retail and would get my ass handed to me if I put embargoed product on the shelves I have no idea how Toyworld can be so stupid as to so blatantly break embargo. There are going to be some ass kickings handed out.

rhynox
16th February 2014, 06:06 PM
Saw these figures at campbelltown toys r us today, they had prime and bee on the shelf. Even my 3yr old turned them down with an 'ewwww yuck' :)

i_amtrunks
16th February 2014, 06:13 PM
Going to be a storm in a teacup over this.

Doesn't matter if the "titans" break street date, they'll still be on shelves in years to come. They are truly awful looking figures! :rolleyes:

CBratron
16th February 2014, 06:27 PM
What do these "Titans" do?
They don't transform and are barely posable. If the hips were less articulated I'd have thought these were licensed bubblebath bottles

Lord_Zed
16th February 2014, 06:48 PM
Should be renamed "Ugmos"

reillyd
16th February 2014, 07:44 PM
Should be renamed "Ugmos"

Or Fuglies

griffin
16th February 2014, 08:51 PM
What do these "Titans" do?
They don't transform and are barely posable. If the hips were less articulated I'd have thought these were licensed bubblebath bottles

These aren't actually a new thing for Transformers (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?p=397802#post397802), but the earlier ones are VERY unknown by the fandom. Last year there were two pairs for TFPrime - 12 inch Optimus and Bbee, and 16 inch Optimus and Bbee.
The smaller pair were general release items for US$10 (and I think these were the ones found at a couple TRU stores in Australia).
The larger pair were TRU exclusives in America for a whopping US$25... and if the smaller pair aren't worth $10, there is no way the slightly larger ones were worth $25.

I seriously doubt that these would have been enough of a success to produce more... but is more likely that the profit margin on these are so much larger, retailers are willing to take them on expecting to discount them later.

i_amtrunks
16th February 2014, 09:55 PM
Guess that these were made based purely on "potential" for profit as opposed to made to be a good toy or to actually be sold.

I'd feel sorry for the retailers but they've put profit first and it'll bite them in the rump. Sadly the only ones who are going to be negatively affected will be the consumers hoping to buy later waves of other ranges/lines but finding the shelves full of this cheap crap.

griffin
16th February 2014, 11:04 PM
The thing I don't understand is why they always hide the "product does not convert" on the packaging of the non-convertible gimmick toys, as if it is a bad thing. If it is such a bad thing to promote the non-convertible figures, then don't make them. They fulfill a purpose in the product range overall, either for the really young ones, or for super-sculpted robot figures... but since it is so hidden in tiny print, kids and parents who don't know one from the other are known to buy these and feel cheated when they are given to their kids (as I've seen them on the shelf as repackaged returned stock).

Transformers is a Brand name, not a required toy element... so toys under that label only need to be characters in the Transformers Universe, not be required to transform. (most of them should as that was the original gimmick, but lack of convertibility doesn't rule out something from being Branded as a "Transformers Toy")

ChlorHex
17th February 2014, 12:38 PM

Clicked on this thread expecting huge and transformable figures... What a disappointment! :mad:
These are similar to the huge 5 point articulation Iron Man, Spidey, etc toys eh?
Those aren't moving off shelves and I doubt these would much.
Won't even bother buying these for my kids.
How much are they going for here anyway?

ChlorHex
17th February 2014, 12:48 PM
The thing I don't understand is why they always hide the "product does not convert" on the packaging of the non-convertible gimmick toys, as if it is a bad thing. If it is such a bad thing to promote the non-convertible figures, then don't make them. They fulfill a purpose in the product range overall, either for the really young ones, or for super-sculpted robot figures... but since it is so hidden in tiny print, kids and parents who don't know one from the other are known to buy these and feel cheated when they are given to their kids (as I've seen them on the shelf as repackaged returned stock).

Transformers is a Brand name, not a required toy element... so toys under that label only need to be characters in the Transformers Universe, not be required to transform. (most of them should as that was the original gimmick, but lack of convertibility doesn't rule out something from being Branded as a "Transformers Toy")

Griff, as a parent, when I'm asked to buy a Transformer toy, it better do what its brand implies... and that's to transform or you'll have on your hands a truly disappointed kid. Lol. :p
These figures better be sold cheap here as their obvious intent is to fill the gap for large and cheap transformer toys for folks getting toys on a budget.
Pity the TF collector whose girlfriend decides to be nice and buys him a 'titan' Transformer for Christmas (worse thing is to get this shipped across from the US!) and he ends up with this :D

CBratron
19th February 2014, 05:47 PM
So it's a plastic doll?

Sinnertwin
19th February 2014, 05:57 PM
So it's a plastic doll?

Action Figure :p
In the loosest sense of the word

griffin
19th February 2014, 08:59 PM
Five points of articulation, hollow plastic with very few paint apps and no element of conversion at all... best used as a chew toy by toddlers and pets. :p

Bidoofdude
19th February 2014, 10:38 PM
"Titans" *Air quotes*

DELTAprime
20th February 2014, 12:12 AM
I just realised "Titan" is a bad name not just cause it implies something cool but also cause we now have the Titan Class. Maybe Hasbro should go ask the marketing department to come up with a new name for these titans.

Also after playing Titanfall I think Titans should have a BFG, rockets, missiles and fall from the sky.