PDA

View Full Version : TrU Masterpiece Prowl code & price

Sinnertwin
18th February 2014, 04:04 PM
MP Prowl is now listed in TrU systems.
Keep in mind that this is only a listing and that there are currently no other details other than code & price. Will update as they come to hand.

SKN

$99.99

ILikeSoundwave
18th February 2014, 04:10 PM
$99.99 seems a bit steep!, Ouch!:(

drifand
18th February 2014, 04:10 PM
wow, if that's the price, I would think its like buying from the US online stores.
Thanks for the info. Its still great for people who have missed the runs entirely.

DELTAprime
18th February 2014, 04:26 PM
Thats a big markup TRU has there, I paid $60 shipped from Japan for my Prowl. Other MP's Aussie price has always come in under what I paid for my Takara version. Surely the ROTW license for Nissan can't be that expensive.

UltraMarginal
18th February 2014, 04:44 PM
Thats a big markup TRU has there, I paid $60 shipped from Japan for my Prowl. Other MP's Aussie price has always come in under what I paid for my Takara version. Surely the ROTW license for Nissan can't be that expensive.

That is exactly what I was thinking.

I'd suggest that that price might be a place holder but all of sinnertwins other early info like this has usually been pretty spot on.

I am very curious to see what the packaging will look like.

millhouse
18th February 2014, 04:46 PM
Further reasoning why I am done with TRU.

In the rare case of a Masterpiece being cheaper, it's cut down, missing paint, or woefully distributed.

I'd rather just spend the extra dollars on the Takara stuff. Quite a change from my stance before the MP-17/18/19 run.

llamatron
18th February 2014, 05:15 PM
I thought it was rumoured this would be a Prowl/Bluestreak 2-pack? Would certainly make more sense at that price.

UltraMarginal
18th February 2014, 05:33 PM
I thought it was rumoured this would be a Prowl/Bluestreak 2-pack? Would certainly make more sense at that price.

This just got interesting

griffin
18th February 2014, 05:42 PM
I would be willing to believe that a 2-pack would be more likely to our western market as well... as a single figure on the shelf in either mode, wouldn't scream out as being anything special to those unfamiliar with the Masterpiece line.
These might be aimed at collectors, but TRU (here and America) still prefer to cater to the regular shopper as well. (a bit of the reverse of the regular stuff, in which our (collectors) 10 or so percent of sales is still needed, but not the primary focus... the 10 or so percent of non-collector sales on these collector items is needed, but not their primary focus)

nexusnixx
18th February 2014, 05:52 PM
Maybe it's going to be in a plastic box for all to see the car/ robot mode? So exciting

Bumbleb33
18th February 2014, 05:57 PM
Well there were rumours that TRU was going to release MP Sideswipe as well. From that I suspected in order to increase shelf appeal pairing Sideswipe and Prowl together would be a good option since they are the most prominent characters from the options derived of that mould.

i_amtrunks
18th February 2014, 06:00 PM
$100 for one, no thank you.

$100 for two, hells bells, Yes! I've already got a Prowl but that would be an awesome price and way to get one of each mode with a bonus Smokescreen.

MayzaPrime
18th February 2014, 06:54 PM

If true, I would really like to see how it will be packaged, I would love for Prowl & Streak to be in vehicle mode.

Gofigure
18th February 2014, 07:00 PM

Nerdgasm

drifand
18th February 2014, 07:04 PM
I be surprised if it comes in doubles especially for masterpiece. The reason why I might still support TRU is the possibly of a mp-10 release is bound to happen as what I can see Grimlock is released. The YOTH version might just give Hasbro to do a mp release of the mp-10 in another hasbro mp launch.

Definitely interesting as I missed Red Alert.

Bidoofdude
18th February 2014, 07:25 PM
2 packs would be definitely worth the hundred, can't break that much for one car. Prowl and Sideswipe, Bluestreak and Red Alert, Smokescreen and some other deco of SS. They'll probably brand a yellow one as Sunstreaker, honestly. :p:rolleyes:

Mythirax
18th February 2014, 07:28 PM
This just got interesting

Nerdgasm

2 packs would be definitely worth the hundred, can't break that much for one car. Prowl and Sideswipe, Bluestreak and Red Alert, Smokescreen and some other deco of SS. They'll probably brand a yellow one as Sunstreaker, honestly. :p:rolleyes:

I'd be down with this. Hope we get some more cars here.

Sinnertwin
19th February 2014, 02:21 AM
I honestly wouldn't be surprised if that was the price for just Prowl alone. Of course, there are other factors such as the strength of the AUD at the time of purchase, TrU % mark-ups etc.
If the rumours are true & it is a two-pack, then the price is more than justifiable. Looking at recent MP releases RRP's compared to our US counterparts

MP Optimus Prime
$100 USD vs $150 AUD
MP Soundwave
$120 USD vs $150 AUD
MP Acid Storm
$75 USD vs $100 AUD
MP Prowl (list price)
$60 USD vs $100 AUD
MP Sunstorm (list price)
$75 USD vs ? i assume it'll be around the $125 range, based on Prowl's pricing.

drifand
19th February 2014, 09:36 AM
I honestly wouldn't be surprised if that was the price for just Prowl alone. Of course, there are other factors such as the strength of the AUD at the time of purchase, TrU % mark-ups etc.
If the rumours are true & it is a two-pack, then the price is more than justifiable. Looking at recent MP releases RRP's compared to our US counterparts

MP Optimus Prime
$100 USD vs $150 AUD
MP Soundwave
$120 USD vs $150 AUD
MP Acid Storm
$75 USD vs $100 AUD
MP Prowl (list price)
$60 USD vs $100 AUD
MP Sunstorm (list price)

Pricing sounds about right, I pretty much think is going to be single release. Depending on stock levels it may not sell if they bring in too many as many have went Takara Tomy already.

Bidoofdude
19th February 2014, 10:42 PM
Pricing sounds about right, I pretty much think is going to be single release. Depending on stock levels it may not sell if they bring in too many as many have went Takara Tomy already.

C'mon clearance pricing. *crosses fingers* ;)

Wheelie
19th February 2014, 11:32 PM

MP Optimus Prime
$100 USD vs $150 AUD
MP Soundwave
$120 USD vs $150 AUD
MP Acid Storm
$75 USD vs $100 AUD
MP Prowl (list price)
$60 USD vs $100 AUD
MP Sunstorm (list price)

But don't forget soundwave came with 5 tapes

1AZRAEL1
20th February 2014, 01:18 AM
But don't forget soundwave came with 5 tapes

He's talking about the same release of Soundwave's price comparison between US and Australia :)

drifand
20th February 2014, 01:20 AM
C'mon clearance pricing. *crosses fingers* ;)

I wouldn't know what the difference buying direct from Japan shops being it would be at their clearance price though.

I am also wondering how is their paint job for these.

jazzcomp
20th February 2014, 09:34 AM
I think the 2nd batch of MP Prime became US $120

nexusnixx
20th February 2014, 10:59 AM
What if this is all but a rumour and TRU cancelled this ?:eek:

Sinnertwin
20th February 2014, 02:32 PM
1200 units listed with a June shipping date.

DELTAprime
20th February 2014, 07:27 PM
1200 units

Is that for Australia? If it is thats sounds like a more reasonable number than Hasbro Soundwave.

MayzaPrime
20th February 2014, 09:07 PM
I got Takara for $59 USD, so $100 is pretty expensive

Sinnertwin
20th February 2014, 10:28 PM
Is that for Australia? If it is thats sounds like a more reasonable number than Hasbro Soundwave.

Sure is.

drifand
21st February 2014, 09:18 AM
I got Takara for $59 USD, so $100 is pretty expensive

I got my smokescreen at $60 AU delivered. The problem with this one is the price and most people may have already gotten the Takara version. This is where I think they fail to understand the market and thinks it will sell like Soundwave did.

For their price, it should give those exclusive launchers.

Smint
21st February 2014, 11:04 AM
I got my smokescreen at $60 AU delivered. The problem with this one is the price and most people may have already gotten the Takara version. This is where I think they fail to understand the market and thinks it will sell like Soundwave did.

For their price, it should give those exclusive launchers.

Maybe it will include the launchers judging from the extras soundwave got.

$100 is excessive and i would expect accessories to come with it.

Is that smokescreen delivered with tracking? Besides amiami which never have stock the average price that i can find delivered with tracking is 70+. Do preorders get that cheap at the popular online shops?

drifand
21st February 2014, 02:12 PM
Maybe it will include the launchers judging from the extras soundwave got.

$100 is excessive and i would expect accessories to come with it.

Is that smokescreen delivered with tracking? Besides amiami which never have stock the average price that i can find delivered with tracking is 70+. Do preorders get that cheap at the popular online shops?

I never need tracking from Japan stores, especially when it goes into a parcel locker.