PDA

View Full Version : Combiners on ebay.com.au

Pig's_A_King
25th February 2014, 12:37 PM
I was looking for Menasor. Defensor. Devastator.. etc.. on ebay.. and noticed sets for about 90$, suss thing is that you have to apply the rub on insignias... also from the same seller are so called re-issues of dinobots and afew others, which were never reissued.. I have a feeling they are knockoffs like the ones on ioffer.. Can someone let me know.. If they are or aren't I would like to know.. Before I chose to purchase them or not.. Many thanks..

Skullcruncher
25th February 2014, 12:43 PM
I was looking for Menasor. Defensor. Devastator.. etc.. on ebay.. and noticed sets for about 90$, suss thing is that you have to apply the rub on insignias... also from the same seller are so called re-issues of dinobots and afew others, which were never reissued.. I have a feeling they are knockoffs like the ones on ioffer.. Can someone let me know.. If they are or aren't I would like to know.. Before I chose to purchase them or not.. Many thanks..

Yes very likely KO's. :) Lead paint on a few of them too.

jazzcomp
25th February 2014, 12:45 PM
Most likely KO :)

janda the red
25th February 2014, 12:55 PM
Yes very likely KO's. :) Lead paint on a few of them too.

lead paint.... damn! I really wanted to buy a cheap grimlock to use as a dummy ;):p lol

Skullcruncher
25th February 2014, 01:02 PM
lead paint.... damn! I really wanted to buy a cheap grimlock to use as a dummy ;):p lol

Its the early autobots that had it apparently - prime, wheeljack - I guess if you chew on one you will soon know :D

janda the red
25th February 2014, 01:05 PM
lol... :D

Paulbot
25th February 2014, 01:09 PM
This website may help (or alarm!) you: http://highendtfs.com/?q=node/17

It points out ways to tell if an item is a KO or not. Unfortunately there's a lot of them out there.

There was a legit re-release of Devastator and Bruticus in Japan in the Encore line so they are available new and cheaper than vintage versions. These might appear amongst the KOs of the other sets.

Pig's_A_King
26th February 2014, 10:58 PM
I am pretty certain they are high end knock offs.. But apparently the toy quality is pretty much the same but with minor/major differences.. When you apparently put them side by side only a couple of differences can be spotted.. I would love to have a G1 combiner team again (got Predaking & Seacons on the way thanks to SB).. I know all of you & I am too, not very impressed that these items can be found for sale & at similar prices to the real thing e.g. "Devastator Encore", but the rest of the public do not know & are buying these & not getting what they paid.for knowingly... I keep second thinking to myself whether to purchase them myself because I know they're KO, but owning a pretty much brand new Superion, Menasor, & Devastator, these days for 90$ is very tempting.. Especially if you have to look twice & have the knowledge to identify that they are not the real thing.. I am not encouraging anyone to buy them.. I myself am still looking around for the genuine articles to buy, but there doesn't seem to be anything, especially around that price range.. Even second hand ones that are complete..