PDA

View Full Version : How much is a complete set of Raiden worth these days?

kelvinchang99
4th August 2008, 01:48 PM
Hi guys,

I got offered to purchase a Raiden set Diaclone 1st Generation Takara (essentially the same as G1 Raiden but comes with all the characters that can fit and sit inside the trains that only this Diaclone version has and the G1 doesnt).

Is this piece rare and whats the worth of it?

Thanks,

Kelvin

dirge
4th August 2008, 08:07 PM
I paid around $100 on eBay Australia a few years ago. From memory the boxset comes with a couple of pilots, mine had none.

Neither the Diaclone or Transformers set are especially rare (unlike, say, your Black Zarak!), however the Transformers set tends to go for silly prices. Individual bots are around $100US but the set is $1000US for some reason.

TBH, Raiden isn't that great - not $1000 worth, but for a few hundred, it's nice set.

GoktimusPrime
4th August 2008, 08:26 PM
According to ToyFare's price guide the individual Trainbots are worth US$75 MISB and US$19 LM. The gift set is worth US$500 MISB and US$125 LM.

Paulbot
4th August 2008, 08:39 PM
Which Toyfare is that??

The copy I have, the August 2007 Transformers themed issue with Robo-vision Optimus Prime on the cover, lists them at US$150 each MISB and US$50 LM, and the giftset US$500 MISB and US$300 LM.

GoktimusPrime
4th August 2008, 09:09 PM
ToyFare published a special TF price guide a while back which also lists all the G1 Japanese TFs. Their regular issues only list recent stuff now. :/

dirge
4th August 2008, 09:44 PM
Toyfare prices? Bwahahah.

99, it's worth what you're willing to pay in the end. The Diaclone set is better value for what's effectively the same thing.

http://www.cliffbee.com/reviews/raiden.php

Pulse
4th August 2008, 10:19 PM
Toyfare? They're off with the pixies... :rolleyes:

http://www1.linkclub.or.jp/~ooo/0/e/pixies.jpg "We luv living in fantasy land... " :D

GoktimusPrime
5th August 2008, 09:15 AM
Riiiiiight. :/ If you have any queries about it forward them to Jon Gutierrez at Wizard.
From Gutierrez's page on the ToyFare Blog (http://toyfare.wizarduniverse.com/2008/07/14/meet-the-staff-jon-gutierrez/):

A lot of my research is online, where I check out store prices and eBay sales. I have a huge database where I compile all the info and factor in retail prices to determine what a figure’s average price is. I also check in on brick and mortar stores, chat with retailers and call on special experts to compile and check guides.
If you scroll down you will see a place for comment submissions.

Paulbot: are you talking about issue #120? Cos I can't see any G1 Japanese TFs listed in that issue. :/

Paulbot
5th August 2008, 09:19 AM
Don't have the issue with me at the moment... but it had Robovision Prime on the cover and the price guide includes all the Transformers lines; the G1 Japanese toys in their own highlight box.

kelvinchang99
5th August 2008, 11:25 AM
Hi guys,

Thanks for the guide. Its always good to check off with you guys as you are all soooo knowledgeable.

I think I will try with the seller and see if they will accept the fair price.

Thanks again.

Dirge, the raiden you mentioned isnt that great. I tend to think the same. Its more to complete my masterforce collection.

So if they arent willing, I am happy to give it a miss too.

Thank you.

Kindest regards,

Kelvin

dirge
5th August 2008, 07:24 PM
You meant Headmasters. Raiden is nothing but a train that appears once in Masterforce (:

I don't mind Raiden - but he _is_ limited. He's certainly worth what I ended up paying, and there's a charm there, but the toy technology in the set is old, even compared to Devastator.