PDA

View Full Version : MP-21 Bumblebee teaser finally revealed!!!

koolkollectibleskhai
28th February 2014, 08:54 PM
Finally the first teaser for MP-21 Bumblebee has been released on Shogo Hasui's twitter feed!!! Can't wait to see more :)

http://i1329.photobucket.com/albums/w552/chockey88/BhjEFOzCQAAlsQ3_zps337a24a7.jpg (http://s1329.photobucket.com/user/chockey88/media/BhjEFOzCQAAlsQ3_zps337a24a7.jpg.html)

Gofigure
28th February 2014, 08:56 PM
Whoa snap!

Posted at the same time

Mods delete my thread if you like

Love this image....stoked with how this looks!

Tetsuwan Convoy
28th February 2014, 09:10 PM
Silhouette looks very promising indeed. Love the legs and feet, helmet horns and chunky looking tummy!!:D

Is that a gun I spy as well?

DELTAprime
28th February 2014, 09:11 PM
I really need to see what the prototype actually looks like to make up my mind. It's going to depend how his chest looks as to if I like him or not.

lancalot
28th February 2014, 09:18 PM
I like it so far:) he look like the cartoon version .... hopefully it look better then the 3p ones!

drifand
28th February 2014, 09:38 PM
Come on, you will buy it regardless. lol
We all say will need to see but in the end we give in.

Trent
28th February 2014, 09:49 PM

So true :)

As if any MP collector isn't going to get this.

DELTAprime
28th February 2014, 09:59 PM

Well of course I'm going to get him, but liking him is a different matter.:p

Gofigure
28th February 2014, 10:10 PM
With the MP line it's truly a good time to be a G1 fan and collector

Only other time that competes with now would be 85 :)

What a fantastic line of figures; each release has me excited for the next. Bring it on.

GoktimusPrime
28th February 2014, 10:13 PM
Hopefully they'll retool this as Cliffjumper and Hubcap. The fanboy in me would also love to see a Bumblejumper retool, but he might be too obscure a character to justify the cost. I really hope they continue to focus on releasing more of the 1984 Autobots as MPs! :D

koolkollectibleskhai
28th February 2014, 10:47 PM
Certainly looks like vw have given up on the whole no "war toys" issue!

VERT
28th February 2014, 11:11 PM
Its G1 Bee. I already have him on preorder. :):):)

CBratron
28th February 2014, 11:39 PM
Is he really any different than people were expecting?

AJ_Prime
28th February 2014, 11:45 PM
That's one beautiful looking silhouette...

drifand
1st March 2014, 12:02 AM

Should be fine, I think there wont be much accessories though.

Deonasis
1st March 2014, 12:04 AM
Certainly looks like vw have given up on the whole no "war toys" issue!Double-y confirmed with the presence of his handgun.

Is he really any different than people were expecting?I am sure when the coloured prototype appears and Bumblebee is yellow some people will think that is newsworthy also. :p

VERT
1st March 2014, 12:06 AM

Looks to be exactly what I was expecting. On other boards they are complaining that his feet are to big etc. That's what he is meant to look like:rolleyes:

Mythirax
1st March 2014, 05:54 AM
Ooooo, I'm loving how this looks already :eek::D:D

foor
1st March 2014, 04:29 PM
Hopefully they'll retool this as Cliffjumper and Hubcap. The fanboy in me would also love to see a Bumblejumper retool, but he might be too obscure a character to justify the cost. I really hope they continue to focus on releasing more of the 1984 Autobots as MPs! :D

I don't think it's a matter of if but when they will do the inevitable retools. After obscure characters like Tigertrack nothing is sacred.

Cliffjumper, Hubcap, Bumper, even generic car Throttlebots would work like Chase, Goldbug, Freeway and Searchlight. Just remold the feet and head and boom, new character. Hell, if they are really sly, why not do some Decepticons too? Micromasters Detour, Hyperdrive, Blackjack, Road Hugger would sort of work with enough determination.

And then release one minibot every few months throughout the next 2-5 years to fund for the tooling for other characters.

Robzy
1st March 2014, 07:44 PM
Love it!!

GoktimusPrime
1st March 2014, 09:02 PM
I don't think it's a matter of if but when they will do the inevitable retools. After obscure characters like Tigertrack nothing is sacred.

Cliffjumper, Hubcap, Bumper, even generic car Throttlebots would work like Chase, Goldbug, Freeway and Searchlight. Just remold the feet and head and boom, new character. Hell, if they are really sly, why not do some Decepticons too? Micromasters Detour, Hyperdrive, Blackjack, Road Hugger would sort of work with enough determination.

And then release one minibot every few months throughout the next 2-5 years to fund for the tooling for other characters.
It's not quite that simple; remember that they all have completely different vehicle modes, so all the vehicle components would have to be retooled too - except for Cliffjumper and Hubcap, they share the same body & vehicle mode (Porsche 924), just different heads. As much as I'd love an MP Bumblejumper, I'm not sure it would be viable for TakTOM to retool the MP Bumblebee extensively enough to not only give him a new head, but an entirely different alt mode (Mazda 323). Still... if they made it I'd buy it. ;)

foor
1st March 2014, 09:42 PM
It's not quite that simple; remember that they all have completely different vehicle modes, so all the vehicle components would have to be retooled too - except for Cliffjumper and Hubcap, they share the same body & vehicle mode (Porsche 924), just different heads. As much as I'd love an MP Bumblejumper, I'm not sure it would be viable for TakTOM to retool the MP Bumblebee extensively enough to not only give him a new head, but an entirely different alt mode (Mazda 323). Still... if they made it I'd buy it. ;)

Depends on how closely they want to adhere to the real world cars. They could pull an 'Impossible Toys' and do this:

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/images/products/aux1/large/ITC10039.jpg

The tops are different, so yeah they might have to retool that part too. But the framework is there for possibly an easy swap. No need to re-engineer the whole mold.

Oh yeah, Bug-Bite.... there's an easy Bumblebee Decepticon repaint

BigTransformerTrev
1st March 2014, 10:23 PM
I'm wondering how the scale and cost will work out. :confused: Many can and do argue that the current MP's are somewhat overpriced for their size. If Bumblebee is to scale - in other words smaller than Sideswipe, Prowl, Wheeljack etc - but still comes with the hefty pricetag that they do, it may be hard for even diehard collectors to justify the purchase.

GoktimusPrime
1st March 2014, 10:43 PM
Depends on how closely they want to adhere to the real world cars.
As MPs they'd be modelled after the cartoon (Bumblejumper could be based on his comic (http://tfwiki.net/mediawiki/images2/5/52/Bumper-comic.jpg) appearances (http://tfwiki.net/mediawiki/images2/f/f4/MegsOrigin2_Bumper.jpg)). While this would make the retooling easier than basing them on real world cars (e.g. they could share the same wheels/tyres and other things common to that Penny Racers/Choro Q vehicle design), it would still be more extensive than the MP Lambo & Nissan redecos.

The Bumblebee and Cliffjumper moulds would certainly have lots of repaint potentials: Bug Bite, Glyph, Wasp, Tap Out. They could possibly even do Bumblebee & Hubcap in their G2 colours. But still not seeing much repaint potential for Bumblejumper... unless they wanted to do MP variants based on South American TFs like Volks, Carrera and Sedan. :p

Paulbot
1st March 2014, 10:46 PM
The Bumblebee and Cliffjumper moulds would certainly have lots of repaint potentials: Bug Bite, Glyph, Wasp, Tap Out. They could possibly even do Bumblebee & Hubcap in their G2 colours. But still not seeing much repaint potential for Bumblejumper... unless they wanted to do MP variants based on South American TFs like Volks, Carrera and Sedan. :p

Check out the Allspark Almanac books, they reused Bumblebee's body type for I think all of those (plus the Throttlebots mentioned earlier).

DELTAprime
1st March 2014, 11:01 PM
They showed with the Nissan's that they are willing to do remoulds/premoulds if the sales of the line keep up. I imagine they could keep changing the car body and head while keeping most of the robot body and limbs the same. My money is on us at least getting a mass release Cliffjumper and limited release Bumper.

foor
1st March 2014, 11:04 PM
I'm wondering how the scale and cost will work out. :confused: Many can and do argue that the current MP's are somewhat overpriced for their size. If Bumblebee is to scale - in other words smaller than Sideswipe, Prowl, Wheeljack etc - but still comes with the hefty pricetag that they do, it may be hard for even diehard collectors to justify the purchase.

Yeah, right now preorders have him priced the same as the current car MP's. Certainly would be a hard pill to swallow buying a minibot for that price. Hopefully they will announce that the price will be dropped or that maybe he will get accessories that will justify the cost.

griffin
2nd March 2014, 12:34 AM
The one thing about Masterpiece toys is that they are painfully spaced apart, often with several months between many of them. Which is also the good thing about MP toys - they don't saturate the market with too many, to spoil the "premium" element of each toy, and the hype is then massive for most of them. And aside from the Optimus, Rodimus and Starscream moulds, the other moulds have almost all been used on meaningful or significant characters.

Saturation of the market helped ruin the demand for BotCon toys - they were rare, highly sought after exclusives just because they were "BotCon" with just one or two a year, but now there are so many (over a hundred just by FunPub), which doesn't make them as attractive anymore, and people just buy the ones that appeal to them.

As much fun as it would be to have 10 different MP redecos of Bumblebee, wouldn't that just cheapen the "Masterpiece" element of the line and that mould if they used it for obscure characters or non-existent ones (like that black Rodimus)?

It's good to have Skywarp and Thundercracker, but there are now 10 Masterpiece toys from the Starscream mould by Hasbro and Takara (11 if you count the first white one in Japan that had less "scorching" than the US version).... and no matter how few you restrict yourself to, each one you collect is less exciting than the previous ones, because it is a mould you've bought and played with.

drifand
2nd March 2014, 11:02 AM
I have to say that when I was a kid, I preferred cars than planes though so as much as the mould doesn't change much the excitement for me was still present.

I guess now that we are all grown up, we pretty much can tell things apart.
Would actually be nice to see spike able to sit in bumblebee but I doubt that will happen.

My next few wish list is still Jazz, Hound and Tracks. A proper Ratchet and Ironhide would be nice?
I would like to see Takara Tomy take the next jump and go with the first combiner mp toy, especially with constructicons.

Bidoofdude
2nd March 2014, 11:36 AM
I have to say that when I was a kid, I preferred cars than planes though so as much as the mould doesn't change much the excitement for me was still present.

Would actually be nice to see spike able to sit in bumblebee but I doubt that will happen.

My next few wish list is still Jazz, Hound and Tracks. A proper Ratchet and Ironhide would be nice?
I would like to see Takara Tomy take the next jump and go with the first combiner mp toy, especially with constructicons.

Jazz would be really cool, he needs the MP treatment, as does Hound.

drifand
2nd March 2014, 11:42 AM
Jazz would be really cool, he needs the MP treatment, as does Hound.

I am unsure how Porsche is going to react to the licensing. I remembered toys like M.A.S.K had shark (converts to sub) which was a Porsche 928 which was never made.

Kranix
2nd March 2014, 12:02 PM

I think exactly the same way and have the exact same wish list.

MayzaPrime
2nd March 2014, 02:57 PM

I would buy all of those retools! I would love to see a Bumblejumper as he is one of my favourite minibots.

griffin
2nd March 2014, 03:08 PM
Mirage would be a good one, since he hasn't been reissued since his release in the 80s... there aren't as many mint condition Gen1 Mirages in collections as there are of other first-year TFs. At least a Masterpiece version would make up for it.

Gofigure
2nd March 2014, 03:24 PM
I just can't wait for the ironhide/ratchet mould. I'm hoping for great things

My dream for line is the option of having a display shelf of all the 84/85 autobots in their masterpiece interpretation.

Lord_Zed
2nd March 2014, 06:52 PM
I just can't wait for the ironhide/ratchet mould. I'm hoping for great things

My dream for line is the option of having a display shelf of all the 84/85 autobots in their masterpiece interpretation.

I wonder if we will ever see an official mold for those two. As prominent as the characters are I wonder if TakTom would ever take the risk? When they released the Re-issues of the G1 molds they shelf warmed. I think outside of Prime it's mostly the sports cars who sell well in Japan. So I have major doubts about seeing the non sports cars get MP treatment. Except maybe Hound, his military styling might give him a pass.

Gofigure
2nd March 2014, 07:18 PM
But....but....we have to have an MP ironhide to round out the line of 84 bots.

Display shelves everywhere will struggle to be complete without some degree of excessive grumpiness and complaining

griffin
2nd March 2014, 08:17 PM
I wonder if we will ever see an official mold for those two. As prominent as the characters are I wonder if TakTom would ever take the risk? When they released the Re-issues of the G1 molds they shelf warmed. I think outside of Prime it's mostly the sports cars who sell well in Japan.

Maybe they have trouble trying to visually merge the two versions into one "acceptable" Masterpiece toy - the Gen1 toy has scrawny-limbs & windshield on top of a mobile-unit, while the Gen1 cartoon/comic version is full body like we saw in the Classics toy a few years ago.
If they go with one or the other visual representation, it will not sell well with some collectors (some will prefer the display shelf to look like Gen1 toys, some will prefer the display shelf to look like it is straight from the cartoon)... and a blending of the two could well alienate both groups, as it won't look like anything that has ever existed.

A bit like the new Generations Jetfire - it doesn't look like the toy or the cartoon versions... so it might just come down to how the toy sells itself as a fancy looking jet toy, rather than a proper homage toy to Jetfire.

kaiden
3rd March 2014, 09:46 PM
the igear ironhide/ratchet are pretty decent looking so im sure someone at TT can work their magic

Gofigure
3rd March 2014, 11:30 PM
the igear ironhide/ratchet are pretty decent looking so im sure someone at TT can work their magic

Have held off those so far in hopes of MP releases. I remain quite tempted though ;)

Sinnertwin
3rd March 2014, 11:33 PM
Speaking of Ironhide, there are 4 paint/figure options with the Onebox mould. I can't see Takara passing up an opportunity like that

Tober
3rd March 2014, 11:37 PM
I'm sure Takara will give us a MP Ironhide/Ratchet soon enough.

It's Sunstreaker and Jazz I'm more worried about...

Ploughmans Lunch
4th March 2014, 08:17 AM
I'm sure Takara will give us a MP Ironhide/Ratchet soon enough.

It's Sunstreaker and Jazz I'm more worried about...

I suppose Sunstreaker and Jazz have repaint potential (Diaclone Red Sunstreaker and Stepper/Ricochet from Jazz), though something like Mirage doesn't really have many options.

I suppose for every mold that can't be repainted/released as separate characters, there would need to be a proceeding set of repaintable/releasable as another character molds put out.

But then again, how well would MP Inferno/Grapple/Hoist/Trailbreaker/Ironhide/Ratchet (And I guess ideally, Artfire/green Grapple/Protect Black/Emergency Green/Any other diaclone colours) really sell?

Why am I asking this question aaaa

High_Q
4th March 2014, 08:32 AM
something like Mirage doesn't really have many options.

I'd like to see an MP clear plastic Mirage. :)

1AZRAEL1
4th March 2014, 08:44 AM
I'd like to see an MP clear plastic Mirage. :)

And then there's the female classics version thay was released under the ROTF banner that was based on a gobot deco. Name escapes me atm. Gobot fans would love an MP version of that character. And me being a fat-cat public servant, will buy all MP's lol

Sinnertwin
4th March 2014, 09:55 AM
^Fracture (Crasher) :)

kaiden
4th March 2014, 12:09 PM
i'd laugh if the clear mirage was just an empty box.

Trent
4th March 2014, 05:56 PM
i'd laugh if the clear mirage was just an empty box.

Lol.

griffin
6th March 2014, 09:13 PM
The prototype images reveal (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/transformers-masterpiece-47/mp-21-masterpiece-bumble-prototype-image-179432/) how this might be a smaller (in-scale) figure to the other Autobot cars, but still sell at the same price... it will come with a fully convertible Daniel or Spike in Exosuit from the 1986 movie, which is about a third of the size of Bumblebee.

As with the silhouette, the front of the robot mode looks too fat to me... but it might not look as bad with the fully coloured toy.

Paulbot
6th March 2014, 09:20 PM
Looks good to me in both modes! And that extra is a nice surprise.

Gofigure
6th March 2014, 09:31 PM
The prototype images reveal (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/transformers-masterpiece-47/mp-21-masterpiece-bumble-prototype-image-179432/) how this might be a smaller (in-scale) figure to the other Autobot cars, but still sell at the same price... it will come with a fully convertible Daniel or Spike in Exosuit from the 1986 movie, which is about a third of the size of Bumblebee.

As with the silhouette, the front of the robot mode looks too fat to me... but it might not look as bad with the fully coloured toy.

Sounds too good to be true :) wonder if spike will be removable from Exo suit

DELTAprime
6th March 2014, 09:33 PM
Nice, looks better in the prototype picture than the teaser. I hope it's Spike and he get Daniele later as an MP Arcee's head.

kaiden
6th March 2014, 10:07 PM
HOLY $H!#%T

i was thinking to offset the size difference they'd have to add in something like chip and his wheelchair.

wow. i wonder if this means Spike from MP-10 can sit inside Bumblebee too?

Now to get Powerglide and Carly and Arcee and Daniel.

Also I guess this means no one needs to buy CM Corps Exosuit...?

UltraMarginal
6th March 2014, 10:14 PM
WOW, this looks amazing. a legit VW model for Bumblebee, with tyre on his back and everything. I am loving this masterpiece line.

Bidoofdude
6th March 2014, 10:15 PM
He looks glorious, I've wanted a VW Bumblebee since I was 5 years old and this does the trick. Want to see the head up close though. IT WILL BE MINE.

1AZRAEL1
6th March 2014, 10:19 PM
Glorious. With the MP figures, they are doing things right. I can see the demand for this figure becoming quite big.

KalEl
6th March 2014, 10:24 PM
UMMMM YES! YES! YES!

High_Q
6th March 2014, 10:27 PM
The robot mode looks great, and it seems as though his animation model accurate face is interchangeable with a G1 toy accurate faceplate. The transformable Witwicky exosuit is a nice addition for the price point.

However, I think I am alone in being deeply disappointed at the realistic alt mode as both the original toy and the G1 cartoon portrayed him as a chibi Beetle. This alt mode also means that if an MP Cliffjumper is ever made, he won't be a retool of this as a realistic Porsche 924 doesn't have similar proportions to a VW Beetle.

Tober
6th March 2014, 10:32 PM
Also I guess this means no one needs to buy CM Corps Exosuit...?

CMs Corp have filed for bankruptcy. Maybe they sold the Exosuit design to Takara to use...

DELTAprime
6th March 2014, 10:35 PM
he won't be a retool of this as a realistic Porsche 924 doesn't have similar proportions to a VW Beetle.

Unless your Jeremy Clarckson, in which case every Porsche is just a fancy VW Beetle.:p

doublespy
6th March 2014, 10:41 PM
Hasui wasn't able to include Huffer with MP10, it's nice to see this time around the fan service bonus made it to the final prodcut.

However, I think I am alone in being deeply disappointed at the realistic alt mode as both the original toy and the G1 cartoon portrayed him as a chibi Beetle.

same here. it's nice that they got the VW license, but I'd prefer the penny racer proportion as well. I just feel like without the cartoon accuracy it looks wrong for an MP figure.

CBratron
6th March 2014, 10:43 PM
I like this and am amazed that the back end of the beetle seems to disappear (or they somehow get the curved panels to fold flat.)

Lint
6th March 2014, 11:02 PM
Looks sweet, I really love what they're doing with the Autobot cars. Now my next wish is that they do the Stunticons, even if they don't combine.

bassbot
6th March 2014, 11:15 PM
These prototype pics have made me preorder it. Done, take my moneys

AJ_Prime
6th March 2014, 11:19 PM
My wallet is crying in anticipation of all these great new figures coming soon. I'll need to take out a second mortgage to acquire them all!

GoktimusPrime
6th March 2014, 11:20 PM
same here. it's nice that they got the VW license, but I'd prefer the penny racer proportion as well. I just feel like without the cartoon accuracy it looks wrong for an MP figure.
Eh... the MP Seekers went for more vehicle accurate alt modes over original toy (and thusly toon) likeness. I personally welcome it. Besides, Goldbug and Pretender Bumblebee's alt modes weren't deformed. It may also have been a condition of acquiring the vehicle licence too. I'd actually really like to see an MP Cliffjumper as an un-deformed Porsche 924 (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/32/Porsche_924_front_20071231.jpg). A Beetle is already a fairly compacted vehicle anyway, so even w/ Penny Racer proportions it's still fairly recognisable as a VW Beetle, but it doesn't quite work the same way for a Porsche 924.

lancalot
6th March 2014, 11:21 PM

Man kind of disappointed as well oh how he looking ....car mode doesn't look good with the back like that ...but maybe with the paint apps it will look better .... it cool that they have the exosuit included but....

kaiden
6th March 2014, 11:27 PM
Now my next wish is that they do the Stunticons, even if they don't combine.

No.

theshape
6th March 2014, 11:59 PM
Daniel is a nice bonus. Otherwise i was hoping they did a 2 pack with cliffjumper

Tober
7th March 2014, 12:10 AM
http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj230/AUST_Tober/1609974_646955035370440_1152298590_n_zpscabb874e.j pg (http://s273.photobucket.com/user/AUST_Tober/media/1609974_646955035370440_1152298590_n_zpscabb874e.j pg.html)

What's up with the last pic? The removable face..?

And is that a removable spare tyre on his back?

VERT
7th March 2014, 12:34 AM
That is a real nice surprise. Cant wait for this. :D

griffin
7th March 2014, 01:03 AM
CMs Corp have filed for bankruptcy. Maybe they sold the Exosuit design to Takara to use...

Really? That must have been recent, as they were only just showing off their items at the JP convention that was on about a month ago.
Their TFs character items were way too big and too over-priced, so I'm not surprised.

I was probably going to buy the Exosuit too, but now that we get one with MP Bee, I won't need to worry about it.

1AZRAEL1
7th March 2014, 01:30 AM
What's up with the last pic? The removable face..?

Possibly giving fans the choice of a cartoon accurate face or toy accurate.

Tober
7th March 2014, 01:42 AM
Really? That must have been recent, as they were only just showing off their items at the JP convention that was on about a month ago.
Their TFs character items were way too big and too over-priced, so I'm not surprised.

I was probably going to buy the Exosuit too, but now that we get one with MP Bee, I won't need to worry about it.

Yep.

From MacrossWorld Forums:

Source

http://newsbiz.yahoo.co.jp/detail?a=20140306-00010001-teikokudb-nb

Translation

CM's (http://seesaawiki.jp/harmony-gold_japan/d/%BA%C7%BF%B7NEWS) corporation Ltd. bankruptcy (TDB company Code: 981 484 996 , 50 million-yen capital ,address: Nishikanda2-3-4,Chiyoda-ku Tokyo,president"Ms.Kazuko Chubachi", 5 employees ) is , to March 3 filed for bankruptcy to theTokyo District Court .
Application delegate lawyer"Kounin Mori"(office:Shinkawa 2-15-3, Chuo-ku, Tokyo, phone 03-3553-5916 ) .
Their company , founded in 2003 in March.
Developed Anime Figures and robot , the alloy is a character model and animation.
In a manner thatdepends on the subcontractor in China , manufacturingand DVD game software mainly alloy modelof the original " BRAVE alloy" , synthetic resin model " GuttoKuru Figure Collection ," " Mecha Action Series "andthe " Rally Car Collection" series OEM product also manufacture as an appendi .
While sales in the domestic toy retailers , and also exported to Asian countries , it was accounted forapproximately 600 million 59 million yen year net sales in the fiscal year ended February 28, 2007 peak .
However , domestic sales tended to decrease around the robot figure , among disadvantaged also hit , alsoFebruary 31, 2011 are no longer able to develop new items at the disposal of dead stock , such as Rally CarCollection Series year sales down to about 100 million62 million yen there .
This has been a debt exceeded state recorded an overall deficit of more than 100 million yen .
There is also a demand decrease of the Great East Japan Earthquake after then , sales of the year endingFebruary 2013 was only about 100 million 72 million yen.
For this reason , they were shelved , such as rescheduling of principal repayment to the financial institutionsfinancing is tight , it became this measure .
Debt is expected to be about 400 million yen .

Possibly giving fans the choice of a cartoon accurate face or toy accurate.

Could be. :)

drifand
7th March 2014, 01:43 AM
Is a yes for me. Looks good

Deonasis
7th March 2014, 02:52 AM
Bee looks great doesn't he? :)
I would how many times they can remold and repaint it as proper TF characters?

A pity CMs Corp went under before they released a Fire Guts Ginrai (not that one was planned that I know of) I would have had to buy one for sure.

Ultra Mackness
7th March 2014, 05:08 AM
This does look pretty cool! Given that he is the same price as MP Wheeljack, but, I think, was always going to be smaller, I was wondering what else he would come with. Part of me wanted him to be a triple changer and somehow include Bee's Cybertronian mode from the first episode, however the exosuit Spike was unexpected and also pretty cool!

kaiden
7th March 2014, 05:38 AM
This does look pretty cool! Given that he is the same price as MP Wheeljack, but, I think, was always going to be smaller, I was wondering what else he would come with. Part of me wanted him to be a triple changer and somehow include Bee's Cybertronian mode from the first episode, however the exosuit Spike was unexpected and also pretty cool!

It would be pretty cool if both Wheeljack and Bumblebee came in their alt modes. But both alt modes are quite different from their robot selves.

BigTransformerTrev
7th March 2014, 09:16 AM

Spike really helps justify the price of this figure more - especially since it transforms like the movie!

drifand
7th March 2014, 10:25 AM
Did Bumblebee just get a gold paint and then renamed as gold bug? I just expecting them to release that version as well.

Sinnertwin
7th March 2014, 10:27 AM
And it looks like you can display the Autobot symbol (or not) on his chest by rotating the panel. Nice touch

1AZRAEL1
7th March 2014, 10:44 AM
Did Bumblebee just get a gold paint and then renamed as gold bug? I just expecting them to release that version as well.

And I can almost guarantee eHobby to do a Bugbite. Would be cool.

kup
7th March 2014, 10:48 AM
. I'd actually really like to see an MP Cliffjumper as an un-deformed Porsche 924 (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/32/Porsche_924_front_20071231.jpg). A Beetle is already a fairly compacted vehicle anyway, so even w/ Penny Racer proportions it's still fairly recognisable as a VW Beetle, but it doesn't quite work the same way for a Porsche 924.

An undeformed Porsche 924 Cliffjumper would be interesting and I would welcome it but I can see that causing a lot of angst and rage with the wider geewunn mob. Plus it seems that if Tomy wanted to do that, they can't just get away with a re-shell of Bumblebee but may actually have to create a whole new mold to get a proper Porsche happening.

Sinnertwin
7th March 2014, 11:00 AM
An undeformed Porsche 924 Cliffjumper would be interesting and I would welcome it but I can see that causing a lot of angst and rage with the wider geewunn mob. Plus it seems that if Tomy wanted to do that, they can't just get away with a re-shell of Bumblebee but may actually have to create a whole new mold to get a proper Porsche happening.

Body kits :D

http://vs-design.tumblr.com/post/49516232336/vw-beetle-custom-porsche-turbo-look-80s

:p

Shirokaze
7th March 2014, 11:58 AM
I wasn't excited at all about MP-21, but after seeing this test shot, that has all changed! :D

VGMStudios
7th March 2014, 12:05 PM
I wasn't excited at all about MP-21, but after seeing this test shot, that has all changed! :D

Agreed! Just pre-ordered him! Really glad they worked out the details so they could use the VW Beetle. He looks great. I wonder how small he is though.

Sinnertwin
7th March 2014, 12:20 PM
Here's one :
Robotkingdom has Bumblebee for $57USD, Gok :)

http://www.robotkingdom.com/tftrmp21.html

DELTAprime
7th March 2014, 12:42 PM

G1 Goldbug is a different mould to G1 Bumblebee. Goldbug was a Throtlebot, he showed up in The Return of Optimus Prime and The Rebirth.

Bidoofdude
7th March 2014, 05:29 PM
Here's one :
Robotkingdom has Bumblebee for $57USD, Gok :)

http://www.robotkingdom.com/tftrmp21.html

$80 shipped. Seems alright.

Robzy
7th March 2014, 06:20 PM
Really awesome. I love the "detachable" face gimmick, which must be to display him with G1 toy sculpt or cartoon face.

canofwhoopass_87
7th March 2014, 08:18 PM
Meh not really liking it. The car mode seems elongated - was hoping it would be more "compact" like the G1 toy. Gotta say - Exosuit Daniel is more appealing than BB right now. Very nice add on

Lord_Zed
8th March 2014, 12:42 AM
Nah, he looks to be the proper length for a Volkswagen, I think we all just got used to his super deformed look. Anyway, I like it, it suits the other MP's realistic alt modes, and if people want a chibi Bumblebee they can always get that unofficial Toyworld one.

VERT
8th March 2014, 08:51 AM
Nah, he looks to be the proper length for a Volkswagen, I think we all just got used to his super deformed look. Anyway, I like it, it suits the other MP's realistic alt modes, and if people want a chibi Bumblebee they can always get that unofficial Toyworld one.

This. MPs have realistic alt modes.

Trent
8th March 2014, 09:40 AM
This. MPs have realistic alt modes.

Yep. Cliffjumper is gonna look awesome :D

Tetsuwan Convoy
9th March 2014, 10:35 PM
It wasn't only their TF stuff that was overpriced and too large... EVERYTHING was. Rubbishy as well.

I must say I LOVE this Bumblebee. The lack of chibi car doesn't bother me at all, it looks marvellous. Judging by the face switch picture, I reckon he's be approx 12-13cm tall ( comparing face size to a figma, yes, vague I know ;) )

Trent
13th March 2014, 11:42 AM
Preorder is up at HLJ.
(http://www.hlj.com/product/TKT80318/Sci)

drifand
13th March 2014, 12:14 PM
Preorder is up at HLJ.
(http://www.hlj.com/product/TKT80318/Sci)

Most expensive I seen for Japan online store.

Bidoofdude
13th March 2014, 06:00 PM
I like the new, higher res pics. He looks pretty snazzy, though I wish they would've made the lines on his face a bit more apparent, his face looks a bit too rounded.

drifand
13th March 2014, 06:49 PM
He is available on hobby search for same price as hlj.

optimus1
13th March 2014, 07:16 PM
I love good 'ol Bumblebee as a VW Beetle!
I've been avoiding the other MP car mode Autobots but might be tempted to get this particular one. Might go with Robotkingdom.....

MayzaPrime
13th March 2014, 07:18 PM
I love good 'ol Bumblebee as a VW Beetle!
I've been avoiding the other MP car mode Autobots but might be tempted to get this particular one. Might go with Robotkingdom.....

Thats who I went with... Much cheaper than any other site :D

griffin
13th March 2014, 07:50 PM
I like the new, higher res pics. He looks pretty snazzy, though I wish they would've made the lines on his face a bit more apparent, his face looks a bit too rounded.

Teasing us with something new, hmmm... ;)

A link to the higher res images can be seen here (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/transformers-masterpiece-47/clear-look-at-mp-21-masterpiece-bumblebee-robot-mode-179475/).
(it's the same images as the last lot, just bigger and clearer, to see the detailing)

I'm happy to have the Exo suit and that I display my MPs in robot mode, because the Bumblebee figure looks nice in Robot Mode.
But personally, I'm not liking the car mode, as it is the wrong proportions to the cartoon and original toy. I do understand and accept that it was probably necessary for it to be car-accurate to get licensing from VW, but it looks "out of place" or distorted. Especially since they put so much effort into making the robot mode look like it is from the cartoon or comics, by not having the alt-mode have that same cartoon/comic look to it, just feels wrong.

Bidoofdude
13th March 2014, 07:53 PM
https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3713/13122260165_4f65f9629a.jpg (https://www.flickr.com/photos/68801062@N05/13122260165/)
MP-21 with outlines (https://www.flickr.com/photos/68801062@N05/13122260165/) by Bidoofdude (https://www.flickr.com/people/68801062@N05/), on Flickr

I added lines to the face with MS paint. Looks that little bit better IMO. Sorry, thought someone uploaded the new pics already. :P

DELTAprime
13th March 2014, 08:22 PM
In robot mode I like him a lot but I wish he didn't have the non cartoon accurate stuff on his back. In car mode I've decided I would have preferred a less accurate Beetle to help with robot mode a bit more and make him more cartoon accurate in that mode. Oh well, I guess that gives them the chance to do a Bumble V2.0 in a few years like Prime and Starscream.

Defcon
13th March 2014, 09:11 PM
by not having the alt-mode have that same cartoon/comic look to it, just feels wrong.

I have the same thoughts also. But I knew as soon as they announced bumblebee I was concerned about the alt mode. Oh well it needs to be accurate to an actual VW Beetle. Overall its going to be a nice piece, but Im not really excited just yet. I want to see it all painted with all the details.

kaiden
13th March 2014, 09:26 PM
i don't like his face.

kurdt_the_goat
13th March 2014, 09:26 PM
I'm happy to have the Exo suit and that I display my MPs in robot mode, because the Bumblebee figure looks nice in Robot Mode.
But personally, I'm not liking the car mode, as it is the wrong proportions to the cartoon and original toy. I do understand and accept that it was probably necessary for it to be car-accurate to get licensing from VW, but it looks "out of place" or distorted. Especially since they put so much effort into making the robot mode look like it is from the cartoon or comics, by not having the alt-mode have that same cartoon/comic look to it, just feels wrong.

I don't see it like this at all. I'm starting to feel like the Masterpieces aren't just definitive toys, but definitive representations period. I'm no longer comparing them to the cartoon or G1 toy and thinking "oh that's not how it was", rather i'm looking at the MP and thinking "the cartoon and the G1 toy are what's wrong!"

Bumblebee's proportions were they way they were just because of the toy's penny racer/microchange origins. It's unfortunate there wasn't a realistic Diaclone VW back in the day for them to utilise, but given Transformers' entire concept is about disguise in the form of real vehicles, i feel Bee was always meant to be in realistic proportions, and now he is so i'm happy :)

koolkollectibleskhai
13th March 2014, 09:33 PM
Love these higher res pics!!

http://i1329.photobucket.com/albums/w552/chockey88/09_zpsb04d8d94.jpg (http://s1329.photobucket.com/user/chockey88/media/09_zpsb04d8d94.jpg.html)

http://i1329.photobucket.com/albums/w552/chockey88/03_zpsfa07e388.jpg (http://s1329.photobucket.com/user/chockey88/media/03_zpsfa07e388.jpg.html)

http://i1329.photobucket.com/albums/w552/chockey88/10_zpsf4511054.jpg (http://s1329.photobucket.com/user/chockey88/media/10_zpsf4511054.jpg.html)

http://i1329.photobucket.com/albums/w552/chockey88/06_zpsa270c813.jpg (http://s1329.photobucket.com/user/chockey88/media/06_zpsa270c813.jpg.html)

koolkollectibleskhai
13th March 2014, 09:33 PM
http://i1329.photobucket.com/albums/w552/chockey88/04_zps11be751d.jpg (http://s1329.photobucket.com/user/chockey88/media/04_zps11be751d.jpg.html)

http://i1329.photobucket.com/albums/w552/chockey88/05_zps6e640d4e.jpg (http://s1329.photobucket.com/user/chockey88/media/05_zps6e640d4e.jpg.html)

http://i1329.photobucket.com/albums/w552/chockey88/08_zpse9f95a67.jpg (http://s1329.photobucket.com/user/chockey88/media/08_zpse9f95a67.jpg.html)

http://i1329.photobucket.com/albums/w552/chockey88/07_zps0da0b262.jpg (http://s1329.photobucket.com/user/chockey88/media/07_zps0da0b262.jpg.html)

MayzaPrime
13th March 2014, 09:36 PM
He is going to be an awesome addition to my MP collection

http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=17498

Tober
13th March 2014, 09:40 PM
So his alternate faces are with mouth open or closed? :rolleyes:

Maybe Amazon will include more... If not then a 3PP will take the opportunity.

CBratron
13th March 2014, 09:46 PM
It's been suggested to me that the 2nd face will probably be G1 toy accurate and that makes sense to me.

Ode to a Grasshopper
13th March 2014, 09:49 PM
But personally, I'm not liking the car mode, as it is the wrong proportions to the cartoon and original toy. I do understand and accept that it was probably necessary for it to be car-accurate to get licensing from VW, but it looks "out of place" or distorted. Especially since they put so much effort into making the robot mode look like it is from the cartoon or comics, by not having the alt-mode have that same cartoon/comic look to it, just feels wrong.See, I'm actually getting the opposite vibe...I like the alt-mode, but the robot-mode (while not bad per se) just isn't doing it for me. It's mostly the chest I think - just a bit too square and bulky - but I'm probably gonna end up sticking to my United/Growing Pains Goldbug. I'd like the exosuit Spike but I'll probably end up grabbing the FansProject Steelcore rerelease for a not-quite Headmaster Odieverse Spike instead...My fanon has Spike and Bumblebee Goldbug as the heads of the Human-Autobot section (more or less the DotM Human Alliance Scouts) and the trailer looks about the right size to carry the humans.

Not saying that you or anyone else who's digging the new MP 'bee are wrong or anything, it does look like a great piece as you'd expect from the recent MP cars. It's just that I like the way the Beetle alt-mode turned out but find the robot mode a bit blocky for my tastes. That said, if they do a Glyph repaint/remold I'll probably bite on that.

Trent
13th March 2014, 09:50 PM
I don't see it like this at all. I'm starting to feel like the Masterpieces aren't just definitive toys, but definitive representations period. I'm no longer comparing them to the cartoon or G1 toy and thinking "oh that's not how it was", rather i'm looking at the MP and thinking "the cartoon and the G1 toy are what's wrong!"

Bumblebee's proportions were they way they were just because of the toy's penny racer/microchange origins. It's unfortunate there wasn't a realistic Diaclone VW back in the day for them to utilise, but given Transformers' entire concept is about disguise in the form of real vehicles, i feel Bee was always meant to be in realistic proportions, and now he is so i'm happy :)

I agree. The MP line is the supposed to be the perfect version of the character. And I have yet to see it fail in any case with this since MP-08.

And that alt mode looks fantastic! I mean, it's even got the scaled down little 4 inch thick tyres on it. Just like the real thing :D

And I'm so glad they went with Spike over Daniel, Even if he wouldn't have made much sense with Bee. But I hope with Spike's vehicle mode that it transforms in a way that would be possible for a human body.

kurdt_the_goat
13th March 2014, 09:50 PM
The Amazon exclusive face:

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b246/Chet_dogg/Mobile%20Uploads/618VbrwRTCL_SX600__zps81a2e107.jpg

Megatran
13th March 2014, 10:27 PM
^ Is that a face plate??? Looks more like someone flipping the bird.

Bidoofdude
13th March 2014, 10:32 PM
I have no need for the toy-accurate face, the smile one will do it. The regular expression looks a bit bland too.

GoktimusPrime
13th March 2014, 10:44 PM
Amazon JP currently has it listed for 6300JPY w/ a release date of November 19. I really hope they lower the price, cos that's pretty damn expensive. MP Wheeljack is still listed for 7020JPY (I've already preordered from AmazonJP).

HLJ is cheaper, but doesn't come w/ the exclusive face plate. And if Amazon JP does reduce the price before release, it'd work out cheaper than HLJ. So... currently wondering if I should gamble w/ Amazon and hope they pull through and discount the toy (I've already done the gamble w/ Wheeljack).

Sky Shadow
13th March 2014, 10:46 PM
The Amazon face is so much better than the other one - I will have to get this Masterpiece from an appropriate source...

Robzy
13th March 2014, 11:56 PM
Well, I'm really digging this figure. Both modes are great imo. The whole MP line is perfect so far, for me.

doublespy
14th March 2014, 01:32 AM
Damn. Hasui you're god like.:D

The rear end of the car unfolds into the side of chest with the arms. Really good utilization of mass, both keeping the alt mode and bot mode scale.

G1 Bumblebee is still that little penny racer car in my mind though..Him being a normal sized car just feels wrong..
http://i893.photobucket.com/albums/ac134/scorer24/TF/Bumblebeecartoon_real_zpsefebd815.jpg

Him being bigger than Jazz dosent look right either
http://i893.photobucket.com/albums/ac134/scorer24/TF/7425530492_43bee97bcb_zps3f8c377e.jpg

Ah I'm still getting him anyway:p

Tober
14th March 2014, 02:21 AM
So his alternate faces are with mouth open or closed? :rolleyes:

Maybe Amazon will include more... If not then a 3PP will take the opportunity.

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b246/Chet_dogg/Mobile%20Uploads/618VbrwRTCL_SX600__zps81a2e107.jpg

Awesome powers of preemptive cynicism there Tober. :rolleyes:

drifand
14th March 2014, 09:29 AM
I am surprised we don't get the face plate on the normal release? is such a small item. Oh well. Can't go wrong at 4,300 yen.

doublespy
14th March 2014, 11:16 AM
Looks like no wrist swivel. Bummer.

Paulbot
14th March 2014, 12:40 PM
G1 Bumblebee is still that little penny racer car in my mind though..Him being a normal sized car just feels wrong..
http://i893.photobucket.com/albums/ac134/scorer24/TF/Bumblebeecartoon_real_zpsefebd815.jpg

Oh Bumblebee. Giving Transformers fans unrealistic expectations of Volkswagen beetles for 30 years.

Cool, they've included the Dreamwave comics battle mask (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/File:Bumblebeebattlemask.jpg)

Tetsuwan Convoy
14th March 2014, 01:09 PM

Lol

Gewunny face FTW. Loving this guy more and more. The realistic proportioned car will look better with the other MPS. Not that I'd ever have them all on the shelf like that though.

UltraMarginal
14th March 2014, 02:39 PM

I totally agree here. I love the "realisicly detailed" alt mode, this is looking more complex to me than the lambo and datsuns, I hope it doesn't tick off too many people.

But I hope with Spike's vehicle mode that it transforms in a way that would be possible for a human body.

You don't ask for much do you:D

Amazon JP currently has it listed for 6300JPY w/ a release date of November 19. I really hope they lower the price, cos that's pretty damn expensive. MP Wheeljack is still listed for 7020JPY (I've already preordered from AmazonJP).

HLJ is cheaper, but doesn't come w/ the exclusive face plate. And if Amazon JP does reduce the price before release, it'd work out cheaper than HLJ. So... currently wondering if I should gamble w/ Amazon and hope they pull through and discount the toy (I've already done the gamble w/ Wheeljack).

Anime Export

Mythirax
14th March 2014, 03:42 PM

lmao :D

Trent
14th March 2014, 04:32 PM
You don't ask for much do you:D

Not really. I just don't want any steps of the transformation to involve some steps that you'd need to have been doing yoga for 200 years to be able to attempt. It just needs to be simple.

Having said that I won't be reaching for my pitchfork and torch if it for example involves a little partsforming. That's just my preference ;)

GoktimusPrime
14th March 2014, 09:19 PM
Anime Export
:confused: I think I've preordered this toy. I put the item in my "cart" and then went to "check out," and it's currently on "Standing not paid." But there doesn't appear to be any option to proceed with payment details other than a link for paying with PayPal. Where's the link to pay with credit card? The FAQ does say that they accept both PayPal and cards. Gah... I personally prefer Amazon.

kurdt_the_goat: I remember you telling me before that Amazon JP usually initially list MPs at full price but later reduce it to preorder discount price which is what they charge people even if they've preordered it before the discounted price was listed. Could you please confirm this? (I'm gettin' forgetful in mah old age :p) I've only ever preordered MPs from Amazon JP after they were listed at discounted prices before, never before -- so I'm not sure if I should go ahead and preorder MP Bumblebee (and also keep my current MP Wheeljack preorder) or wait until I see Amazon JP advertising them at discounted prices and preorder then (which is what I did w/ my previous TakTOM MP orders). :confused:

I also agree with your sentiments about Bumblebee's alt mode. The original G1 Bumblebee's vehicle mode's proportions aren't "wrong" per se, it's just that the original Micro Change toy is meant to be a Penny Racer (Choro Q) toy, because the Micro Change toys were all meant to be 1:1 (or close to) alt modes. Pre-TF Bumblebee, Cliffjumper and Bumblejumper were intended to transform into toy cars, much like how Revenge of the Fallen Wheelie transforms into a radio controlled toy monster truck, but not an actual monster truck. It was only when these toys were brought over as Transformers that they were repurposed by Hasbro as real life vehicles, but that was never the original intention of their initial design.

So I welcome having Bumblebee as a realistically proportioned VW Beetle. To me it feels like what Bumblebee's alt mode should've been. :)

kurdt_the_goat
15th March 2014, 12:07 AM
kurdt_the_goat: I remember you telling me before that Amazon JP usually initially list MPs at full price but later reduce it to preorder discount price which is what they charge people even if they've preordered it before the discounted price was listed. Could you please confirm this? (I'm gettin' forgetful in mah old age :p) I've only ever preordered MPs from Amazon JP after they were listed at discounted prices before, never before -- so I'm not sure if I should go ahead and preorder MP Bumblebee (and also keep my current MP Wheeljack preorder) or wait until I see Amazon JP advertising them at discounted prices and preorder then (which is what I did w/ my previous TakTOM MP orders). :confused:

Yeah that's right - if you check the product page just under the price, there's a note about the pre-order price guarantee. It's fairly random when they'll actually drop the price (it even fluctuates several times before release), but i've yet to see something stay at the originally listed price. Late last year i "gambled" on a Macross toy that was listed at 34,440, whereas in my order now, it says 28,245. After the order has shipped, they'll send an email telling you how much you saved thanks to the guarantee. There's no risk in pre-ordering since you can cancel right up until it's about to ship anyway, with no ill-effects.

I'd also check your email for the Anime Export order you placed. They send instructions on how to pay if you haven't already. If i remember correctly, when the item comes in stock, you have to login to your account and manually "request shipping", at which point they send you a payment request email for the shipping cost, before finally shipping to you.

Lord_Zed
15th March 2014, 12:33 AM
Oh Bumblebee. Giving Transformers fans unrealistic expectations of Volkswagen beetles for 30 years.

Not me, my mother drove a beetle in the 80's so I knew what they looked like, and my favourite owned Gobots toy was Bugbite who turned into a proper proportioned beetle, so I welcome this MP version. :)

Can't believe some kid nicked my Bugbite when I was in hospital. :(

Iriorne
15th March 2014, 02:57 PM
:confused: I think I've preordered this toy. I put the item in my "cart" and then went to "check out," and it's currently on "Standing not paid." But there doesn't appear to be any option to proceed with payment details other than a link for paying with PayPal. Where's the link to pay with credit card? The FAQ does say that they accept both PayPal and cards. Gah... I personally prefer Amazon.

Have you tried following the PayPal link? Some sites use PayPal as a payment processor which allows you to pay be credit card without having a PP account. I'd suggest just opening an account and linking your credit card. Never had an issue with PP or AE, but you can always unlink your credit card after the payment is processed. :p

GoktimusPrime
15th March 2014, 03:50 PM
kurdt & Iriorne: thanks for the tips guys. I think I'll just stick w/ Amazon JP. :)

DELTAprime
20th March 2014, 02:42 PM
HLJ has their preorder up at http://www.hlj.com/product/TKT80318/Sci he's 5100 Yen.

griffin
21st March 2014, 10:34 PM
So much Masterpiece news this week... with pretty much something new noted about all known upcoming Masterpiece toys in Japan.
For Bumblebee, it has been confirmed that it is Spike in the Exo Suit (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/transformers-masterpiece-47/masterpiece-exosuit-for-mp-bumble-hasui-confirms-spike-179517/).

GoktimusPrime
21st March 2014, 11:17 PM
I hope that this Spike will be to scale (or close to scale) with MP10's Spike, considering that TakTOM have apparently made a point to make the new MPs to scale with each other. :o It'd be neat if this Spike could be removed from the Exo Suit and is wearing that "futuristic jumpsuit" that we see man-Spike wear in the G1 cartoon. :o

canofwhoopass_87
21st March 2014, 11:37 PM
It'd be neat if this Spike could be removed from the Exo Suit and is wearing that "futuristic jumpsuit" that we see man-Spike wear in the G1 cartoon. :o

Yes it would indeedy - but the pic on the TFW2005 thread shows his exosuit legs are hollow, so there's no jumpsuit wearing removable figure in it :(

Trent
21st March 2014, 11:44 PM
I hope that this Spike will be to scale (or close to scale) with MP10's Spike, considering that TakTOM have apparently made a point to make the new MPs to scale with each other. :o It'd be neat if this Spike could be removed from the Exo Suit and is wearing that "futuristic jumpsuit" that we see man-Spike wear in the G1 cartoon. :o

http://i1329.photobucket.com/albums/w552/chockey88/05_zps6e640d4e.jpg (http://s1329.photobucket.com/user/chockey88/media/05_zps6e640d4e.jpg.html)

Ain't no way this is scaling with the Spike that came with MP-10.

Lord_Zed
22nd March 2014, 12:22 AM

To be fair it's not actually possible as MP10 Spike is scaled to the bots alt mode, while this Spike is scaled to there bot mode. As they had different scale in each mode.

But yeah it would be great if new Spike was in scale with alt mode Spike, and if future MP Ironhide could fit inside Ratchets Ambulance mode, and MP Hoist could fit in MP Huffers truck cab, or MP Sideswipe and Mp Jazz could hang onto the sides of MP10's truck mode or....:D

Sky Shadow
22nd March 2014, 10:43 AM

Note that from the size of Spike's head, the 'real' Witwicky would only go down to around the base of the groin of the exo-suit, which would put him up to about Bumblebee's knee or mid-thigh.

Hursticon
23rd March 2014, 10:27 PM
Pfft!... Who gives a flying-f*** whether this Spike scales to Prime or not? :confused:, we're getting a Spike in a bloody transforming exosuit! :D:cool:

Bee looks to be everything I could've hoped for him to be, this guy is easily in the top 3 of my most wanted list for 2014! ;):D

Sinnertwin
24th March 2014, 08:40 PM
Pfft!... Who gives a flying-f*** whether this Spike scales to Prime or not? :confused:

I do :(

:p :D

Hursticon
24th March 2014, 11:16 PM
I do :(

:p :D

:p:D

BLAM!
(Courtesy of @Hasui_TF (https://twitter.com/Hasui_TF/status/448014243032346624) ;):cool:)

http://i1032.photobucket.com/albums/a409/Darkone666au/Crap/BjeqlIcCMAA5aE3jpglarge_zps595f89c6.jpg~original

Robzy
24th March 2014, 11:57 PM
Love it

drifand
25th March 2014, 12:57 AM
In scale with MP-1 so yeah I take it. lol

1AZRAEL1
25th March 2014, 01:24 AM
It's awesome, so I like it :p

1AZRAEL1
25th March 2014, 06:11 AM
Seibertron (http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/new-image-of-takara-tomy-transformers-masterpiece-mp21-masterpiece-bumblebee/29750/) a new image, this time of Bumblebee's back. I'd post the picture here, but it's kinda hard from my phone lol

Trent
25th March 2014, 08:52 AM
Seibertron (http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/new-image-of-takara-tomy-transformers-masterpiece-mp21-masterpiece-bumblebee/29750/) a new image, this time of Bumblebee's back. I'd post the picture here, but it's kinda hard from my phone lol

Here ya go :)

http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc88/Wrxus/TFs/1C7B8839-F21E-47DD-91D5-008A6FEDA297.jpg

VERT
25th March 2014, 02:20 PM
I like how Spikes head moves when transformed that's a nice touch.

UltraMarginal
25th March 2014, 02:44 PM

Pre-order isn't finalised until you pay.

I'd also check your email for the Anime Export order you placed. They send instructions on how to pay if you haven't already. If i remember correctly, when the item comes in stock, you have to login to your account and manually "request shipping", at which point they send you a payment request email for the shipping cost, before finally shipping to you.

Have you tried following the PayPal link? Some sites use PayPal as a payment processor which allows you to pay be credit card without having a PP account. I'd suggest just opening an account and linking your credit card. Never had an issue with PP or AE, but you can always unlink your credit card after the payment is processed. :p

What they said.
I'm pretty sure AE use paypal for all transactions, even credit card, it saves them from having to set up their own secure transaction server.

There's a new pic on Twitter (https://twitter.com/Hasui_TF)showing BB next to Prowl.
he's pretty small.

Robzy
25th March 2014, 03:30 PM
I'm glad they made him smaller than the standard Autobot cars. I'm sure some will be annoyed, but this is much better IMO.

kaiden
25th March 2014, 03:42 PM
from hasui's twitter

http://i1320.photobucket.com/albums/u528/L45TN7/1395720450_1_zps657fe42c.jpg

ILikeSoundwave
25th March 2014, 04:11 PM
I was expecting it to be a little bigger.

WeallscreamforStarscream
25th March 2014, 04:31 PM
awesome! Bee was always the small guy.

DELTAprime
25th March 2014, 07:20 PM
I don't like the back, it's very non-cartoon accurate. At least on the other cars they have tried to be cartoon accurate. The size looks good but I really want to see how hard he is to transform given his MP quality being jammed into such a small package. I'm less thrilled to see Spike in car mode, really doesn't look awesome but I guess the exosuit design never was to hot.

doublespy
25th March 2014, 11:24 PM
I like his bot size. And the vehicle modes look to be in scale too. (4m x 1.6m vs 4.4m x 1.69m)

drifand
26th March 2014, 09:06 AM
I am glad I didn't pay anything above 5,000 yen for this after looking at the size now. This should have been way under. Spike or no spike.

VGMStudios
30th March 2014, 04:33 PM
Definitely!
Got mine for $45.
What about you?

ILikeSoundwave
30th March 2014, 04:49 PM
Definitely!
Got mine for $45.
What about you?

$45!, from where?, if you don't mind me asking.:o

Trent
30th March 2014, 05:23 PM
$45!, from where?, if you don't mind me asking.:o

Probably Anime Export.

Hursticon
30th March 2014, 08:59 PM
Probably Anime Export.

Yeah it's quite possible that VGM sourced his from there, they seemed to of been the 1st off the bat with Preorders. :)

drifand
31st March 2014, 11:42 AM
They are the cheapest, very good for mass order making it even cheaper.

5FDP
31st March 2014, 02:37 PM
He's so tiny :eek:

drifand
31st March 2014, 05:04 PM
He's so tiny :eek:

and cost quite a bit even with spike.

GoktimusPrime
31st March 2014, 08:33 PM
and cost quite a bit even with spike.
All the more reason to preorder and pay below full quid. :o But even then it's still gonna hurt. :(

Iriorne
31st March 2014, 09:21 PM
Remember that low mass doesn't equal low cost.

Complexity and parts count is what drives the cost up more than anything else and from the photos this looks to be on par with any other masterpiece figure.

GoktimusPrime
31st March 2014, 10:17 PM
I personally don't feel that the level of complexity of recent MPs justifies the cost either. JMHO.

drifand
31st March 2014, 10:40 PM
I personally don't feel that the level of complexity of recent MPs justifies the cost either. JMHO.

Especially if I paid about $70 for a binaltech and then you hold this one on the other, mass, materials says a lot.
This piece is definitely below ¥5,000

doublespy
4th April 2014, 02:13 AM
guess the VW licensing fee didn't help with the cost either. But really besides the fact that I love Hasui's design I want to continue supporting the MP line.