PDA

View Full Version : Transformers Animated on Free-to-Air Australian TV from Mon 11 August

Paulbot
4th August 2008, 07:28 PM
According to the TV Week for next week, Transformers Animated is on every morning on Channel 10 starting on Monday, 11 August 2008.

It's listed second in the list of cartoon showing from 7am so I guess it will be on about 730?

I haven't watched TV in the morning for a very long time so please correct me if I'm wrong.

loophole
4th August 2008, 08:49 PM
woohoo time to set up the video recorder or work out how to use the new dvd recorder thingy majiggy

iceburn
4th August 2008, 08:57 PM
oh no, i always leave for work at 7.40-7.45, so i get to re-watch half of what's shown...

GoktimusPrime
4th August 2008, 09:07 PM
Ditto. :/ 07:00 would be ideal for me.

iceburn
4th August 2008, 09:16 PM
nowadays they are showing the cartoons so random that i get confused.
one moment was TMNT and now its YuGiOh. i know the 7.30 one is Pokemon now which has been pretty standard

Robzy
4th August 2008, 10:09 PM
Cool! :) I hope this exposes TFs to a whole new generation of fans!

TheDirtyDigger
4th August 2008, 10:22 PM
Monday - Friday

7:00 AM

Yu-Gi-Oh! GX season 3 (Monday - Thursday) - 22nd July 2008 - 20 October 2008
(52 episodes in season 3)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2003) season 5 (Friday) - 20th June 2008 - 12th September 2008.
(13 episodes in season 5)

7: 30 AM

Pokemon season 10 repeats - 25th June 2008 - 8th August 2008
(33 episodes of season 10)

Transformers Animated - 11th August 2008 - 1st September 2008
(16 episodes in season 1)

8: 00 AM

Horseland continues (Monday - Tuesday) - 17th June 2008 - 11th August 2008
(16 episodes)

Bakugan Battle Brawlers season 2 (Wednesday - Thursday) - 17th July 2008 - 8th August 2008
(11 episodes of season 2)

Bakugan Battle Brawlers season 2 continues - 12th August 2008 - 1st September 2008
(15 episodes of season 2)

Saturday

6:00 AM

Pokemon Season 9 repeats - 6th October 2007 - 23rd August 2008
(46 episodes of season 9)

6:30 AM

Yu-Gi-Oh! GX season 2 repeats - 19th April 2008 - 18th April 2009
(52 episodes in season 2)

Craps me to tears that they show all those stupid card game cartoons instead of super hero goodness like they should! I mean aren't Yu-Gi-Oh! and Bakugan the same f****** thing anyway???

STL
4th August 2008, 10:58 PM
My little sister will love this. She's been wanting to watch them but bandwidth by using YouTube gets a bit too much so I've not let her other than the free DVD that came w/ the two-pack.

Maybe the toys will start flying off the shelves again.

i_amtrunks
5th August 2008, 09:58 AM
Good news, and the 7.30 block is probably the best one, because then you get the kids watching from the first show at 7, and the kids tuning in for the last show at 8 as well.

Just hope Toasted TV doesnt stuff up as much as they have done in the past by making additional cuts to the show so they can do their crap segments, or repeat the same 7 minute part twice over. (Did that one quite a bit during Cybertron).

And it sure beats a 6am Saturday block!

liegeprime
9th August 2008, 10:53 PM
Craps me to tears that they show all those stupid card game cartoons instead of super hero goodness like they should! I mean aren't Yu-Gi-Oh! and Bakugan the same f****** thing anyway???

Yu-Gi-Oh: uses cards kinda like our olden day super trump game , Bakugan: uses marble like thingies that pop up to reveal a creature head and sorta body for battle - BOTH this has serious crappy overacting and kill-me-now dramas and drivelous lines , talk talk talk about honor in battle and so on and so forth etc etc.
Why these things ever see the light of a cartoon day beats me. Id like to beat the crap out of them! Its just freaking cards and a marble pop up! The heck with battle shouts and power ranger movements, find it utterly useless toons! Watched only a few seconds trailer of each never did so ever again. If it was the toons thats on i just change the channel or turn it off.

Card Games are good, dont get me wrong. I enjoy Magic the Gathering Card games. If that were to be made into toons it would prolly be interesting, but these 2 are in the same boat with those toons with the RC looking racer toys / and those modernized tops/a SD gundam looking thing with a popup ball in its belly - which all fight in a small plastic arenas - toywise - but in the tv they make like a whole stadium is the battleground. Same formula, same drivel lines like " Oh dont give up firelander! Show em what you've got! retaliate now! and so on and so forth". OH pleeeeaze its a toy you throw at your opponent with no brain at all, the heck with all that drivel like its alive or something! Even owner of Chickens in cockfights dont go shouting melodramatic speeches like that - and these are live creatures, totally want smash a 2x4 on these characters...

Oh and back to the topic, nice to see that TF animated finally gets aired on free TV. I find AM shows here so boring and uninteresting except on Saturdays.

STL
11th August 2008, 12:14 AM
My sister's very excited for the premiere tmrw morning. I won't be up though. CBF. 'sif I get up early.

Tiby
11th August 2008, 08:04 AM
Bah!!! Edited! I hate it when Ten does that!!!! They did it with Cybertron too!

iceburn
11th August 2008, 08:21 AM
was it edited? very badly or to suit commercials?
i missed the whole thing as my fiance has decided to leave for work early starting today. how sad is that!!

Tiby
11th August 2008, 09:08 AM
Stuff cut out, including the importance of the Allspark when they found it (I think) and when Megatron confronts Starscream and bends his wing. There are already spots for commercials! What they did is cut more out at those points.

Disgusting!

Tiby
11th August 2008, 09:19 AM
I have e-mailed Toasted TV to correct this problem (as I did with Cybertron 2 years ago!)

We'll see how it goes.

i_amtrunks
11th August 2008, 10:25 AM
Thats disappointing, but not surprising.

I don't know why morning kids shows need to have hosts, Cheez Tv was always better when it was summer and the hosts were off on holidays, and the ABC has had host-less sections for years.

iceburn
11th August 2008, 10:28 AM
ahhh prob they have "shorten" it due to the time frame allowed to air it including the advertisements...

Pulse
11th August 2008, 10:58 AM
ahhh prob they have "shorten" it due to the time frame allowed to air it including the advertisements...

Ah, the bloody ads... :rolleyes: (well, as long as they're ads for TFs - then that's ok :))

Tommy K
11th August 2008, 01:57 PM
I have e-mailed Toasted TV to correct this problem (as I did with Cybertron 2 years ago!)

We'll see how it goes.

i should do that aswell, they cutt off allot of things!, all because they need o show kids toys commercials and 2 people talkking to other people darn hosts, but yeah if we could get enough emails, maybe we will get them to change it

roller
11th August 2008, 03:24 PM

We'll see how it goes.

they never listen

i email them occassionaly to complain of the heavily edited Simpsons eps, they cut out entire scenes!!!!

and as for channel 10, seriously i hate their seriously ads and stupid overly dramatic voiceovers

MV75
11th August 2008, 05:09 PM
Stuff cut out, including the importance of the Allspark when they found it (I think) and when Megatron confronts Starscream and bends his wing. There are already spots for commercials! What they did is cut more out at those points.

Disgusting!

We'll see how it goes.

Nothing new there. They've been doing it for the last ~19 years that they've been running the simpsons, every episode is cut. They have never ever shown a full episode. Ever. It's so refreshing to watch old episodes on Fox8 these days and seeing all of the parts you never knew even existed.

But heck, even channel 10 was cutting even further. For example, they'd cut the scene of scratchtasia in the simpsons, then the next time they showed the same ep, that scene was cut even more.

I don't even put the tv onto ch. 10 anymore, nor have I for the last 6 years or so. Ch 10 can go DIAF. I'd rather pay the $50 or so a month for uncut TV. And hosted shows can be good, Maude & Kyle on Nicklodeon are great. Plus there's a few good channels on TVU.

Paulbot
11th August 2008, 05:16 PM
While I agree it theory about the cuts to the Simpsons, they have surprised me. I remember a couple of months ago watching "Separate Vocations" (when Bart goes good and Lisa becomes a rebel, from back when the show was good) on channel 10 and was surprised to see scenes (extended car chase, Lisa being offered smokes) that I'd never seen before in an episode I've seen many times before. I was like, this never happened before?!? :)

Tetsuwan Convoy
11th August 2008, 06:05 PM
Its annoying though. The last time I bothered watching toasted TV, it looked like they kept the host chit-chat to bewteen the shows. Obviously they don't anymore.

What the heck is that chick from puzzle play doing on toasted TV now?!?!? Where's Pip? (disclaimer, I only know of puzzle play because in the morning just after I have gotten up, I expect to see a proper news programme and foolishly think that 9 am would be agood time for the news..)

STL
11th August 2008, 11:43 PM
My sister watched it this morning and she liked it and was very happy about it.

griffin
12th August 2008, 01:37 AM
Disappointed about the butchering of the episode.
I expected it, but am still disappointed.
At least the kiddies watching it for the first time won't even notice, and when they buy the DVD to keep, it'll be full of surprises for them. :)

Tiby
12th August 2008, 08:07 AM
The reply I got was something with far too many exclamation marks, and something about the new male host we are supposed to vote for. It looked like an automatically generated e-mail, even though it said they read every e-mail. Will post once (if?) I get a real e-mail.

Pulse
12th August 2008, 10:16 AM
The reply I got was something with far too many exclamation marks, and something about the new male host we are supposed to vote for. It looked like an automatically generated e-mail, even though it said they read every e-mail. Will post once (if?) I get a real e-mail.

They're shocked that an adult is actually watching their show & they're jumping out of their skin in appreciation for it? :confused: :D

MV75
12th August 2008, 10:55 AM
While I agree it theory about the cuts to the Simpsons, they have surprised me. I remember a couple of months ago watching "Separate Vocations" (when Bart goes good and Lisa becomes a rebel, from back when the show was good) on channel 10 and was surprised to see scenes (extended car chase, Lisa being offered smokes) that I'd never seen before in an episode I've seen many times before. I was like, this never happened before?!? :)

I don't agree with cuts at all. They already make the show only 21min long so the commercials can fit.

GoktimusPrime
12th August 2008, 12:15 PM
Boo! The cuts totally suck!! D: Whoever decided to cut this needs a good kick to the janglies! Who's with me?! <angry.mob>

Tiby
13th August 2008, 08:06 AM
Argh!!! Now they are cutting in places OTHER THAN the built in commercial fades, and cutting mid scene!!! [SCREAMS with frustration]

MV75
13th August 2008, 08:15 AM
This is why we all watched both seasons through the nice torrent tv station. :) Sure the promos annoyed the absolute carp out of me, but they showed the whole lot.

Heh. I think I see a couple of more torrent tv converts on the way that are finally disgusted with Australian FTA, (well, just channel 10).

Tiby
13th August 2008, 08:23 AM
I'm not particularly fond of downloaded TV, legal issues aside, and enjoy the whole experience of getting up early, freezing and watching my favourite show while hiding in blankets. It's just not the same on the computer.

However, my frustration is getting out of hand. Even if I had not already seen the premiere movie episodes, I could tell there were bits missing. I may yet have to join the downloaders.

Way to go TV! Complain bitterly about losing viewers to the internet while slapping loyal viewers daily with a cold fish!

MV75
13th August 2008, 08:39 AM
That's why I have a HTPC. Enjoy your shows whenever you want without sitting directly in front of a computer monitor. ;)

Tiby
13th August 2008, 08:42 AM
Thanks! On my wishlist now!

DigDug
13th August 2008, 12:06 PM
they never listen

i email them occassionaly to complain of the heavily edited Simpsons eps, they cut out entire scenes!!!!

and as for channel 10, seriously i hate their seriously ads and stupid overly dramatic voiceovers

+1 though I suspect that butchering of cartoons episodes has been a longer-term problem than even ch10's crapulence. Virtually all my favourite cartoons have been molested by networks and/or translators :( This has put me off local versions of a lot of cartoons...

That's why I have a HTPC. Enjoy your shows whenever you want without sitting directly in front of a computer monitor. ;)

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/NEC-9PG-PLUS-CRT-PROJECTOR-HD-72Op-1080i_W0QQitemZ190243384190QQihZ009QQcategoryZ1098 90QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
All you need is a good HDTV card and something like this to make PCTV viewing worthwhile... if you are the kind of person with the time (and space) to set up a CRT projector :) A VGA -> BNC adapter is just about all the hardware you would need to get connected and leave your (tiny) LCD monitor behind. CRT projectors are not like data projectors and even though they are generally older models now, they can give a great theatre-like picture when set up correctly and in good working order.

PS. I have nothing to do with this ad - but I am a CRT projector owner ;)

i_amtrunks
13th August 2008, 12:30 PM
I just burn them to DVD, as either normal DVD discs, or data discs and watch them on the tv. My DVD players play both normal DVD's as well as the data mpeg discs, so I can get the whole 2 seasons on 1 disc.

Gutsman Heavy
13th August 2008, 12:52 PM
If you have an Xbox 360 or PS3 you can watch it on your TV with (almost) no hassles.

To Punish & Enslave
13th August 2008, 12:56 PM
All that aside at the end of the day at least it’s on free to air TV all be it over cut. I am a diehard 80's G1 fan partly because that’s the toys I grew up with. It’s a great feeling seeing my son watch this show as I did as a child.

It’s like the circle beginning again. He is blissfully unaware it has bits missing as most kids. It seems the kids at his school are also talking about it and that’s a good thing (if the shops stock enough for all of us.) The more people who buy the toys give Hasbro/takara more reason to continue making them.

Tiby
13th August 2008, 01:47 PM
You're right TP&E. I'd rather have it on there cut up rather than not at all.

GoktimusPrime
13th August 2008, 02:00 PM
If you have an Xbox 360 or PS3 you can watch it on your TV with (almost) no hassles.
But consoles don't play non-R4 DVDs do they?

Gutsman Heavy
13th August 2008, 02:01 PM

that's true, I was referring to the "other" method of seeing a new show...

Saintly
13th August 2008, 04:16 PM
The consoles particularly the PS3 is divx compatible, not sure about the x360 though.

Nevertheless Tim is happy that TF:A is on TV... gives him more incentive to wake up early for school :)

MV75
13th August 2008, 04:35 PM
+1 though I suspect that butchering of cartoons episodes has been a longer-term problem than even ch10's crapulence. Virtually all my favourite cartoons have been molested by networks and/or translators :( This has put me off local versions of a lot of cartoons...

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/NEC-9PG-PLUS-CRT-PROJECTOR-HD-72Op-1080i_W0QQitemZ190243384190QQihZ009QQcategoryZ1098 90QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
All you need is a good HDTV card and something like this to make PCTV viewing worthwhile... if you are the kind of person with the time (and space) to set up a CRT projector :) A VGA -> BNC adapter is just about all the hardware you would need to get connected and leave your (tiny) LCD monitor behind. CRT projectors are not like data projectors and even though they are generally older models now, they can give a great theatre-like picture when set up correctly and in good working order.

PS. I have nothing to do with this ad - but I am a CRT projector owner ;)

Projector? No thanks. :)

I'm currently running to svideo on my TV, but when I upgrade it to a LCD later, I'll also be upgrading my htpc and going hdmi.

Nope, nor can they play DVD/HDDVD/Bluray in the one unit. Plus When I upgrade my htpc later, I'll be putting my ~82GB worth of MAME arcade roms onto it too and making it an arcade machine. :) More versitile to use a PC than a console, plus it'll be cheaper for me too. :)

DigDug
13th August 2008, 08:08 PM
You have to be a projector person to want a setup like that. They do have their down sides and are definitely less versatile than an LCD. The picture is much bigger and more cinema-like though :) Excellent for movies, ROMs, Wii etc.

I tried an animated episode and, unfortunately it looks dodgy on a 2.1M screen because the of the divxing but the G1 DVDs play very nicely.

kup
14th August 2008, 02:48 PM
I saw it while on a business trip in Melbourne yesterday (I got to wake up a little later), it was the third and final part of the first 'movie' episode.

I assume that Sydney is on the same schedule, it was on Toasted TV at 7:00am, Ch10.

iceburn
14th August 2008, 02:51 PM
are you still in Melbourne kup??
roller needs to pick things up

kup
14th August 2008, 02:56 PM
are you still in Melbourne kup??
roller needs to pick things up

No, I am back in Sydney, got back yesterday night. I wish I could of had more time to meet fans and look around but the three days I was there (from Monday) work functions was pretty much from 8:30am-9pm.

It was the most boring three days I have had in a long time so I am glad its over :)

Saintly
14th August 2008, 10:35 PM
starts just after 7.30am (close to 7.31am from the toastTV clock) in NSW

kup
14th August 2008, 10:36 PM
starts just after 7.30am (close to 7.31am from the toastTV clock) in NSW

You are right, its 7:30am, I made a mistake earlier.

roller
10th September 2008, 08:58 PM
So today, there was an animated ep that ive heard about, Starscream somehow gets split into various personalities(?):confused:

Im confused because of the insane editing/ butchering done to the ep.

Theres only so much of ep and a mountain slide of advertisments.

One sec prowl is borrowing Ratshi#$ EMP generator

brrrrrrrr conveyor belt "Toasted TV" cut to Ad

Next, Prowl has samurai pizzacat armour on and is acting out of character.

Suddenly starscream is on the moon and Lockdown is trying to seduce Prowl

I thought they had accidently started playing another ep midway through

loophole
10th September 2008, 09:23 PM
that just sounds confusing let alone trying to watch it damn editing people :mad:

Tiby
10th September 2008, 09:53 PM
hahahah! Samurai Pizza Cats! I loved that show!

roller
10th September 2008, 11:10 PM
I hope one day, near the collapse of society

they just say "Hey! were just gonna show ads now, no more shows, just ads"

Im not kidding, it was really confusing this morning, it felt as though they had cut out giant chunks of story.

1. Prowl looks for Dinobots

Ad break

2. Suddenly Prowl has armour on and is looking for Starscream, there are 2 starscreams, 1 is cowardly the other a jerk. They show up say hi and disappear never to be seen again.

Ad break

3. Prowl is magically on the moon working with Lockdown, a BADDIE!!!

Ad break

4. Prowl crys like a baby and turns down his date with lockdown, Starscream has clones? Or were they his split personality?

Think of how much better Animated could be if the Samurai Pizza cats dub directors had done the directing :D:D

Tiby
10th September 2008, 11:15 PM
Yeah, I agree. I've complained about the editing before but today's episode was really bad. Maybe they think kids just like the bright colours....

roller
10th September 2008, 11:17 PM
hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee ee

wooowwowowowowowwowowwowowowowowwowww

zooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooom

nbara bra rararararar bara arararrararara

sugar sugar sugar

plastic bag plastic bag plastic bag plastic bag

So were they clones or split personality components?

Tiby
10th September 2008, 11:19 PM
I'm still very confused about it all. I am going with clones.

Pulse
10th September 2008, 11:42 PM
Are you talking about the episode where you see Lockdown wearing a poncho for a split second?

http://images.wikia.com/transformers/images/d/d7/AFistfulofEnergon-Lockdowninponcho.jpg http://forums.tformers.com/uploads/gallery/1212882008/gallery_9971_228_10418.jpg :D

Yeah it's a combination of split personalities/clones (http://transformers.wikia.com/wiki/A_Fistful_of_Energon) (if you believe wiki that is...)

griffin
11th September 2008, 01:26 AM
****SPOILERS*****
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-(don't include this in a quoted post)
I think Starscream may have used the damaged, crashed ship to construct copies of himself, but the process wasn't exact (obvious by the different colours). As such, each 'clone' had different parts of Starscream's brain copied, causing different personality traits to be dominant in each one. Then each 'clone' was brought to life by an Allspark fragment - I think Starscream was gathering them, and is the only reason why only 7 of the dozens built have been brought to life. So two clones got his fear, one got his lying, one got his ego, two got his butt-kissing, and one got, well, it's best not to think about what the female clone is meant to represent in Starscream... :p

Tetsuwan Convoy
11th September 2008, 01:59 AM
Griffin, shhhhh! the extra clones havent shown up on Toasted Tv yet.:p Although when they do no-one will know what is going on anyway.

Was it really as chopped up as bad as Roller's post said, coz thats all over the place. Shame too, as its a cool episode!

Ooooo Pulse, make me one of those Ponchos will ya? Please? I will be your bestest aquaintence!!:D

I want to know if they are going to continue the spag western theme and have some eps called "For a few energon cubes more" and the "Good the Bad and the Ugly"

Kyle
11th September 2008, 08:39 AM
I hope one day, near the collapse of society

they just say "Hey! were just gonna show ads now, no more shows, just ads"

Im not kidding, it was really confusing this morning, it felt as though they had cut out giant chunks of story.

1. Prowl looks for Dinobots

Ad break

2. Suddenly Prowl has armour on and is looking for Starscream, there are 2 starscreams, 1 is cowardly the other a jerk. They show up say hi and disappear never to be seen again.

Ad break

3. Prowl is magically on the moon working with Lockdown, a BADDIE!!!

Ad break

4. Prowl crys like a baby and turns down his date with lockdown, Starscream has clones? Or were they his split personality?

Think of how much better Animated could be if the Samurai Pizza cats dub directors had done the directing :D:D

From what you said, I think they messed up the editing. Prowl didn't get his new armour from Lockdown until after their fight on the moon over Starscream.

i_amtrunks
11th September 2008, 09:38 AM
It almost sounds like the leave the episode running while they go to ad breaks...

And the spare Starscreams are clone bodies, made from Starscream dividing his power (and thus personality traits). I think thats as vague as I can be without spoiling anything.

It's another case of Autobots being rather daft and not realising the different paint schemes on each clone.

Prowl with the armour was awesome though, hope they retool and re-release him soon.

griffin
11th September 2008, 12:41 PM
Griffin, shhhhh! the extra clones havent shown up on Toasted Tv yet.:p Although when they do no-one will know what is going on anyway.

Ooops, totally forgot. (because I saw them all on youtube)
Sorry about that people.
Have fixed the post to hide the text.

Lithium
11th September 2008, 06:08 PM
I love Prowl in this series. All the characters are great, really. And I'm more than willing to get up at 7:20am each morning quickly rush to the loo and then the bathroom to brush my teeth and then plonk down on the couch with my eyes glued to the tellie for the next 30 mins. The only thing that really annoys me are those STUPID Hog's Breath ads! They' so pointless! It's instantly become my most hated ad. I mean the kiddies are watching that too you know and they have to sit through that rubbish?! Pathetic! Trully pathetic!

loophole
11th September 2008, 07:18 PM
Hosgtar!!! i highly reccomend getting season 1 dvd mine just arrived from amazon which im currently watching:D

GoktimusPrime
11th September 2008, 08:14 PM
*shudders* I so want to kick the janglies of whoever made that primus-forsaken ad. (-_-) But yeah, these eps are horrifically butchered something chronic. If I hadn't seen these eps before I think they'd be really confusing to watch. I really hate how they cut to an ad break when a character is midway through a sentence or even midway through a word! The person who cuts/edits these eps also deserves a good janglies-kicking.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/Transfandom%20Comic/transfanmeet14.jpg

Tetsuwan Convoy
12th September 2008, 01:49 AM
The only thing that really annoys me are those STUPID Hog's Breath ads! They' so pointless! It's instantly become my most hated ad. I mean the kiddies are watching that too you know and they have to sit through that rubbish?! Pathetic! Trully pathetic!

I wonder what a bunch of cheerleaders have to do woth hogsbreath cafe? usually at that time of the morning i am just like "heh heh, cheerleaders."

Considering how we have seen Lockdown with his chainsaw, surely prowl's armour should just be around the corner?

Tiby
12th September 2008, 09:04 AM
Today's episode with it's introduction of some new (and yet familiar) characters was barely understandable through the bloody mess that was the editing. Earth...ad...Cybertron (I think)... ad... Earth... asteroid?... What the? The clever drama in the character reveals was completely lost in the machete job.

GoktimusPrime
12th September 2008, 09:26 AM
Heheh, yeah... it reminds me of that scene from Wayne's World 2 where they're going through that drive-thru. :p

"I'd like 'rullers, 'ugar, 'ucks and a Mikita 'cup... And then I think I would like a large...... with 'eam. And could I please have 'elly donut and.....raspberry and a 'nge rink?"

"What?"

"I'm sorry. And 'eaker 'oken."

"Let me recap the order. A cruller, two sugar pucks, a large coffee with cream, a raspberry jelly doughnut, orange drink, a box of five-holes."

"...yeah..."

"Thank you, drive around please."
:p

usually at that time of the morning i am just like "heh heh, cheerleaders."
..until you realise it's actually just two cheerleaders who've been digitally "cloned." And it doesn't compensate for the tricking try-hard in the pig-suit and the fact that it's an utterly crap ad. From a marketing POV it's nothing more than a feeble attempt to grab people's attention and say the product name repeatedly... it tells you next to nothing about the actual product. *sigh* At least the 'O Fortuna' parody Carlton Draught ad was highly amusing even though it was a complete marketing failure.

Tetsuwan Convoy
13th September 2008, 02:10 AM
Lots of TWIN cheerleaders Gok! Thats what I tell myself anyway...;)

That Carlton ad was a failure?!? Dammit, it was brilliant though. No accounting for taste I guess

GoktimusPrime
13th September 2008, 08:58 AM
The Carlton ad failed because while a lot of people found it witty and entertaining, a lot of people couldn't remember exactly which brand of beer it was advertising. So it was a big bloody expensive ad that failed to promote the product. From an entertainment POV it's great, but from a marketing POV it was a dismal failure. Later versions of the ad had the Carlton Draught logo and name appear at the very end of the ad where they're all holding their beer up... but yeah... the ad failed to promote the brand name.

The Hogstar ad is way too try-hard though IMO and ends up just being annoying to me. But as far as its marketing effectiveness, I really don't know - I don't think anyone will know until after the campaign has run its course and market research gathers data to see how well it performed. I personally don't care... either way I still hate the ad with a passion and if anything it's made be resent Hog's Breath.

Golden Phoenix
13th September 2008, 02:35 PM
The Hogstar ad is way too try-hard though IMO and ends up just being annoying to me. But as far as its marketing effectiveness, I really don't know

I don't think it is very effective, but that because I now cringe every time that ad's music comes on. *shudders*
But the target audience is probably the kids who usually watch TV at that time. And I am sure for all of them the song gets them enough to bug the hell out of their parents.

Kyle
14th September 2008, 06:39 PM
That ad is so bad even the cheerleaders don't work for me... :o

Tiby
18th September 2008, 09:02 AM
Omega Supreme! Yay! But so much for his "sacrifice". He just removed the only options the Autobots have to get off planet: the ship and space bridge.

PS, If I buy one of those Girl Gourmet cupcake makers, will they stop screaming at me to get one in EVERY ad!?!?!

griffin
18th September 2008, 12:43 PM
I take it that means the Animated cartoon is over on free-to-air already? Over so quickly when they play it every day. And it'll probably be a year before we get any new episodes, with a new season yet to be done (or even officially confirmed?).

iceburn
18th September 2008, 12:54 PM
yeah...Omega Supreme appeared today and that's it....
no more Transformers Animated for now

Kyle
18th September 2008, 12:55 PM
Playing Animated every morning was a bad move. Kids will forget them pretty quickly and move onto new things.

Pulse
18th September 2008, 01:10 PM
Not being that many episodes (compared to other cartoons), You reckon Toasted TV will repeat it?

i_amtrunks
18th September 2008, 01:27 PM
Not being that many episodes (compared to other cartoons), You reckon Toasted TV will repeat it?

Possibly, but it wont be for a while, it took them almost a year to repeat the first season of TMNT.

Besides I'm sure they have to repeat yu-gi-oh or one piece again by now! :p

I'll make the call now that any replays will be on their Saturday 6am show! :D

Lithium
18th September 2008, 01:59 PM
Hosgtar!!! i highly reccomend getting season 1 dvd mine just arrived from amazon which im currently watching:D
I got season 1 on Monday. :D

*shudders* I so want to kick the janglies of whoever made that primus-forsaken ad. (-_-) But yeah, these eps are horrifically butchered something chronic. If I hadn't seen these eps before I think they'd be really confusing to watch. I really hate how they cut to an ad break when a character is midway through a sentence or even midway through a word! The person who cuts/edits these eps also deserves a good janglies-kicking.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/Transfandom%20Comic/transfanmeet14.jpg
lol Much agreed. They should show that ad during a footy match or something when adult guyz are watching. For Christ's sake, kids are watching that ya know! :mad:

I wonder what a bunch of cheerleaders have to do woth hogsbreath cafe? usually at that time of the morning i am just like "heh heh, cheerleaders."

Considering how we have seen Lockdown with his chainsaw, surely prowl's armour should just be around the corner?
Yeh, I think the same thing too. lol

Lots of TWIN cheerleaders Gok! Thats what I tell myself anyway...;)

That Carlton ad was a failure?!? Dammit, it was brilliant though. No accounting for taste I guessCarlton ad? I guess I missed it. The Sci tech ad's pretty clever tho. Anywho, I'm done hijacking the thread. Back to TFA ...

GoktimusPrime
20th September 2008, 07:41 PM
Carlton ad? I guess I missed it.
This one (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGJiTpBBD18) :)

While a lot of people might say that it's very entertaining this ad was considered to be a failure by Carlton Draught because data showed that it failed to increase the sales of their product. This ad is now used as a case study in schools to teach kids that ads cannot just be entertaining - it ultimately has to sell the product (the primary function of a commercial).

Tommy K
20th September 2008, 08:45 PM
Playing Animated every morning was a bad move. Kids will forget them pretty quickly and move onto new things.

thats good for us, more tfa toys for us! whoopie lol

roller
27th September 2008, 12:27 PM
Has animated finished its run on Toasted tv?

GoktimusPrime
28th September 2008, 09:00 AM
yeah, weeks ago

Tiby
28th September 2008, 06:56 PM
back to sleeping in!

Kyle
28th September 2008, 07:39 PM
thats good for us, more tfa toys for us! whoopie lol

But if the kids don't buy TFA, then Hasbro won't make more. :p