PDA

View Full Version : KO Masterpieces Sideswipe & Red Alert query

TazD
7th March 2014, 05:11 PM
Hi Guys, What do you think the quality of these Knock Offs on EBay? Particularly Sideswipe, Sideswipe Gold Version, and Red Alert. They're going for about $40 with free shipping. Thanks.

drifand
7th March 2014, 05:47 PM
Nobody really support ko, if you are buying just to do custom jobs they will do.

If you miss the original, just hang on. I miss it myself.

MayzaPrime
7th March 2014, 06:03 PM
A reissue of Sideswipe has already been announced, I'm sure Red Alert wont be to far behind

1AZRAEL1
7th March 2014, 07:58 PM
A reissue of Sideswipe has already been announced, I'm sure Red Alert wont be to far behind

And Red Alert got announced already too.

WeallscreamforStarscream
8th March 2014, 08:50 AM
The KO's are really shit. I (out of curiosity) purchased a red alert for $40 delivered. got it- opened it- looked at it- resold it on gumtree.

It just looked fake even the back where it says Countache it said Contage it was real dodgy looking, and the siren lights are faded like watered down colour.

look at it from a far and yeah who cares about detail. But just cant do it.

DONT DO IT! :)

jazzcomp
8th March 2014, 09:21 AM
OTCA member purchased one at the fair - you can ask him about the quality.

drifand
8th March 2014, 10:05 AM
The KO's are really shit. I (out of curiosity) purchased a red alert for $40 delivered. got it- opened it- looked at it- resold it on gumtree.

It just looked fake even the back where it says Countache it said Contage it was real dodgy looking, and the siren lights are faded like watered down colour.

look at it from a far and yeah who cares about detail. But just cant do it.

DONT DO IT! :)

The Red Alert was not a good KO though. I have heard from friends the Tiger Track and sideswipe were ok. However I wouldn't promote it. Its just $20 more for RRP when release.

The second runs, are they only at BBTS? If so I will just have to wait on. I am in no rush.

TazD
8th March 2014, 04:55 PM
I can get MP Tigertracks for US$70 which is AU$77 from Ebay with free postage. Good deal?

MayzaPrime
8th March 2014, 05:08 PM
I can get MP Tigertracks for US$70 which is AU$77 from Ebay with free postage. Good deal?

On the secondary market, yes its a good deal. Shop around first you might just get lucky :D

Sky Shadow
8th March 2014, 09:52 PM

If it's a knockoff then, no, it's a rip-off. If it's real then happily go for it.

Rodimus Prime
12th March 2014, 02:18 AM
I received my MP Red Alert KO aka Alert. I opened the box and i was instantly disapointed. SO this is how a cheap knock-off looks like....

My advice.... dont even think of buying one. Its crap, it looks like crap and it will never be more then... crap. Save those bucks for a few beers instead, saving one of those for me for saving you from a huge mistake:D

Rodimus Prime
12th March 2014, 02:45 AM
ps Right after opening the box i put it up for sale. (with bidding option) I paid 40 US dollars for it and first bid was 50 dollars.:)

(Yeah i did mention clearly it was a KO)

ChlorHex
13th March 2014, 10:42 AM
ps Right after opening the box i put it up for sale. (with bidding option) I paid 40 US dollars for it and first bid was 50 dollars.:)

(Yeah i did mention clearly it was a KO)

Won't do you any favours by stating that :rolleyes:
Hopefully the buyer's not from the board.

Rodimus Prime
14th March 2014, 05:32 PM
Unfortuatly it was only a fun bidder :(