PDA

View Full Version : 2.0 Powerglide repaint purple (Stormcloud)

amon
5th August 2008, 09:22 AM
蛤蟆(toad)from Actoys.net

another pair of great man boobs,this time purple and black,maybe sky shadow

Gee,I don't know why I don't like the color, and the mold neither.I would Prefer marvel cross Thor

http://www.actoys.net/bbs/read.php?tid=284484&page=e&#a

Pulse
5th August 2008, 09:37 AM
Pointless repaints... *sigh*

Well, they milked 4 characters out of the Classics Voyager Prime mould so I wonder how many they can get out of this... :rolleyes:

swoop
5th August 2008, 09:56 AM
I like it better than the silver powerglide but wow its been repainted again before the first is even released. I reckon they'll call it whisper since they seem to be having a bit of a micromaster theme going with their repaints

i_amtrunks
5th August 2008, 10:59 AM
Apparently its that Stormcloud figure that was found in Walmart computers a month back.

Looks rather nice, but why give him Skywarps colours? too lazy to come up with a different paint scheme?

swoop
5th August 2008, 11:23 AM
Was'nt stormcloud going to be blue and black?

GoktimusPrime
5th August 2008, 12:57 PM
...that looks like five flavours of lame. :/

The green face does indicate that the character is meant to Storm Cloud and not Skywarp... but erm... yeah... still doesn't impress me. And if they're going to repaint this into a member of the Air Strike Patrol why didn't they repaint it as Tailwind, who was the A-10 Thunderbolt II (Storm Cloud was a Dassault Rafale in G1). So even as far as shameless repaints go, this still looks really unfocussed/inattentive. Gah.

griffin
5th August 2008, 01:19 PM
Talk about overkill on the watermarking of the pictures.
It is the recolour Stormcloud mentioned and shown at BotCon and SDCC. It is actually supposed to be in the 2nd or 3rd wave, so would soon to be released by Hasbro by next month.

I've editted the topic title to reflect it.

sifun
5th August 2008, 01:32 PM
I think it looks nice :)

swoop
5th August 2008, 03:35 PM
http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/first-images-of-animated-legends-class-figures-and-universe-stormcloud/13402/
So if thats definatly stormcloud what happened to the one here?

Zippo
5th August 2008, 03:53 PM
Certinally looks a lot better than the other flavours of the mold, but still not a huge fan of the mold so I think that its going to be a big pass.

Lord_Zed
5th August 2008, 05:11 PM
...that looks like five flavours of lame. :/

The green face does indicate that the character is meant to Storm Cloud and not Skywarp... but erm... yeah... still doesn't impress me. And if they're going to repaint this into a member of the Air Strike Patrol why didn't they repaint it as Tailwind, who was the A-10 Thunderbolt II (Storm Cloud was a Dassault Rafale in G1). So even as far as shameless repaints go, this still looks really unfocussed/inattentive. Gah.

My sentiments exacty, same way the upcoming Treadbolt Jetfire repaint would have been better as Nightflight.

lcz128
5th August 2008, 05:15 PM
LOL
That watermark got me!
I was thinking: "Damn, that's a good decal ... wonder why the hell did Hasbro do that though" (for the one on the wing)

THEN I saw it on his shoulder and was "WTH!?"

Ahhh....

Oops. :b