PDA

View Full Version : AUS store exclusives update (late 2008).

griffin
5th August 2008, 01:39 PM
Sent a request to Hasbro AUS for an update on store exclusive items that have since been revealed at BotCon and SDCC, and they were gracious enough to provide us with answers. Not all will be coming here, which is pretty normal for our small market, but at least we get some advance notice on items we shouldn't bother to wait for, and just import them when they are released elsewhere.

Black words are mine, blue are from Hasbro AUS.

PLEASE NOTE - all info here is subject to change at any time.
ALSO - the prices listed below are NOT AUS prices, they are the US RRPs for comparisson/idea of what to expect here.

Universe packaging.
- Minicon 12-pack - US Kmart October, US$20 (RRP). – Kmart, Oct
- Legends 5-pack Leadership Team - US Target November, US$15.- Target, Oct
- Legends 5-pack Aerial Rivals - US Target November, US$15. - Target, Oct
- Springer Vs Ratbat - US Target November, US$20., TRU, Sept
- Roadbuster Vs Dirge - US Target November, US$20. TRU, Sept
- Optimus Vs Megatron (Classics repack - The Ultimate Battle 2-pack) - US KB toys. Not running
- Unicron - should be a general release item, US$50. We are not running this.

Movie 'Off-screen' – No retailer wanted to run this
- Fracture - US Walmart September, US$10.
- Breakaway - US Walmart September, US$10.
- Crankcase - US Walmart September, US$10.

Animated Leader plus Activators Bonus packs. TRU, Oct
- Megatron plus Starscream.
- Bulkhead plus Bumblebee.

Titanium.
War Within Grimlock - US ToysRUs Aug/Sep, US$17. Not running
War Within Prowl - US ToysRUs Aug/Sep, US$17. Not running

SDCC (past SDCC exclusive toys have been released in Australia)
- Universe Nemesis Prime. – it will most likely be next year
- Titanium Skywarp. – not running

Other.
- Legacy of Bumblebee 3-pack - US Walmart September, US$30. – Kmart, Sept/Oct

25th Anniversary. (we should get this, but just seeing if the release date is the same here) Market wide in late Nov
- Optimus Prime - US$70 November.

Transformers Mighty Muggs we will definitely run just awaiting confirmation for production
- Optimus Prime
- Megatron
- Bumblebee
- Soundwave

There was an additional bit of info about a batch of recoloured series 1 Classics toys that I need to first confirm is okay to post publically, and will do so IF allowed.
But this should keep most of you happy for now :)

Paulbot
5th August 2008, 01:48 PM
Nice to see that we are getting many more exclusives than we are missing out on.

MV75
5th August 2008, 01:48 PM
Shame that the only one I want from that list (unicron), won't be here. Ah well, At least I won't be paying $100 for it.

EDIT: I'm a bit surprised at the price of prime though. :eek:
________
VTX Series (http://www.honda-wiki.org/wiki/Honda_VTX_Series)

Gutsman Heavy
5th August 2008, 02:01 PM
No Unicron!? damn, also was looking forward to Fracture & Breakaway. Stoked we get some before the US!

i_amtrunks
5th August 2008, 03:16 PM
Unicron and the Titaniums were the figures I was most looking forward to.

Looks like I'll have to either get a someone from the US to send out the Titaniums or hope that Robot Kingdom stock them. :(

autobreadticon
5th August 2008, 05:15 PM
so no premium megatron + premium ratchet :(

Autobot Ratchet (Metallic) (US BestBuy 20) A - Out in US. (Was to be released at AU BigW)

Firecracker
5th August 2008, 06:03 PM
Thanks Griffin! Hope we get to hear about those Classics recolours...:p

dirge
5th August 2008, 06:43 PM
Damn. Most of the stuff I want isn't coming out here. Time to hit up BBTS I guess.

jaydisc
5th August 2008, 06:55 PM
so no premium megatron + premium ratchet :(

Autobot Ratchet (Metallic) (US BestBuy 20) A - Out in US. (Was to be released at AU BigW)

I wouldn't say we're not getting it Bread. I just don't think Griffin asked about it this time. Please correct me if wrong Griffin. Regardless, I've re-written Hasbro inquiring about all the Movie Premiums and will post my response should I get one.

Autocon
5th August 2008, 08:01 PM
so fracture crankcase and breakaway arent coming :(

how will i get them!!:mad:

liegeprime
5th August 2008, 08:15 PM

BBTS, Robot Kingdom, TFSource would most probably be stocking these.

I was looking forward to these figs as well but its also good we got the confirmation early. At least I wont have to wait and look every store, just on the online ones.:(

STL
5th August 2008, 11:00 PM

Being the RK stooge that I am... RK! :D

iceburn
5th August 2008, 11:04 PM
ohh i read today in the tfw2005 forum that Armada Unicron in the US used to be going on sale for just US$20.00. unbelievable and i stupidly paid one for about A$90

griffin
6th August 2008, 01:35 AM
I wouldn't say we're not getting it Bread. I just don't think Griffin asked about it this time. Please correct me if wrong Griffin. Regardless, I've re-written Hasbro inquiring about all the Movie Premiums and will post my response should I get one.

That's correct. I only asked about new items. I didn't ask about the premiums, because I think they were covered in the past. If you do get an answer Jay about the premiums, you can post it as a new topic.

lcz128
6th August 2008, 06:28 AM
Thanks for the info griffin. :) Was hoping to pick up a Unicron as a spare (and potential custom fodder) ... but oh well-
Was also looking forward to Fracture... RK it looks to be then..
No Titanium Grimmy and Prowl too! :(

reillyd
6th August 2008, 03:41 PM
That's bad news. Unicron is going to be a beeoch to ship over here for us completists.

iceburn
6th August 2008, 03:50 PM
Thanks for the info griffin. :) Was hoping to pick up a Unicron as a spare (and potential custom fodder) ... but oh well-
Was also looking forward to Fracture... RK it looks to be then..
No Titanium Grimmy and Prowl too! :(

i've got an incomplete one but it aren't gonna be cheap...

SilverDragon
16th August 2008, 10:51 AM
Yay, Minicon 12-pack! I like the look of that.

There was an additional bit of info about a batch of recoloured series 1 Classics toys that I need to first confirm is okay to post publically, and will do so IF allowed.
But this should keep most of you happy for now :)

Recoloured series 1 Classics toys? If this includes Grimlock, I will be very happy indeed!