PDA

View Full Version : Ultimetal UM-03 Megatron

CBratron
15th March 2014, 12:27 PM
Hands up. Did anyone put down a deposit for Ultimetal Optimus Prime?
Now keep your hands up if you still have more than ¥78,000?
Ultimetal Megatron might be just the thing for you!

I first saw this on Seibertron.com (http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/fewture-announces-um03-ultimetal-megatron/29670/) but I like following links back to the source article (http://www.taghobby.com/1-0/1-3/2014%E5%B9%B43%E6%9C%8814-16%E6%97%A5-c3%E6%97%A5%E6%9C%AC%E5%8B%95%E7%8E%A9%E5%8D%9A%E8 %A6%BD2014-action-toys%E5%B1%95%E5%93%81/).

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e175/cbrate/at09_zpsc3fd5754.jpg

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e175/cbrate/at08_zpsca2aa965.jpg

Of course, I'm still wondering who was UM-02? Magnus?

Ultra Mackness
15th March 2014, 01:21 PM
Both the ultimetals are too expensive for me but they certainly are sweet eye candy! That is one extraordinary looking Megatron!

Trent
15th March 2014, 01:23 PM
I don't like the face. He looks like he's sulking.

Megatran
15th March 2014, 01:36 PM
I actually prefer this one over Optimus. If only he transformed.

Perhaps once the paint colours have been applied, the facial expression will be more definitive.

....... Off to get my winning lottery ticket for this week's draw. *runs like the Flintstones*.

MayzaPrime
15th March 2014, 02:58 PM
:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Wow! That looks really good!

Tetsuwan Convoy
15th March 2014, 03:03 PM
Was it the ultimetal that had the pull away panels and showing the insides thing?

I agree on the face. Sulky Megs.. Aaawwww. Who's an upset conqueror?

Although very nice, one would expect it to be for that price. Yeesh. I wonder if Hasbro look at these and go "hmm, Masterpiece Action Masters could have a market yet!"

Sky Shadow
15th March 2014, 03:53 PM
Of course, I'm still wondering who was UM-02? Magnus?

The Ultimetal line is numbered by underpants gnomes.

Megatron
15th March 2014, 06:47 PM
:eek: :D:D:D. Mmhmm...

Aw now where's a luv smiley when you need one... :(:o

kaiden
15th March 2014, 09:59 PM
:eek: :D:D:D. Mmhmm...

Aw now where's a luv smiley when you need one... :(:o

are you going to get one? :p

Megatron
15th March 2014, 10:24 PM
are you going to get one? :p

I would love one, yeah. It's definitely on my (long) list of things to get. :D:cool:

GoktimusPrime
15th March 2014, 10:38 PM
I actually prefer this one over Optimus. If only he transformed.
If that toy transformed you'd have to get a pretty big lockable display case to house it as per Victorian replica firearm ownership law (AFAIK - correct me if I'm wrong). ;)

Megatran
16th March 2014, 12:33 AM
^ Gok, you're too practical & logical & absolutely right. I was thinking of encasing Megatron in the Cone of Silence. It'll serve as a lockable unit just as effective. :p

VERT
16th March 2014, 12:33 AM
At least its a G1 Megs you can import without any risk

Ultra Mackness
16th March 2014, 06:54 AM
Not sure you'd need a big glass cabinet to comply with any Victorian laws as this guy would be considered an imitation firearm as opposed to a replica firearm (our Victorian DPP likrs to split hairs!):

http://www.police.vic.gov.au/retrievemedia.asp?media_id=70080

Nonetheless, if I'm going to drop best part of $1000 on a poseable (and exceptionally detailed) collectable statue, I think I'd be getting a permanantly fixed, lockable display case!

theshape
16th March 2014, 09:35 AM
They should be making an mp-10 scale megs first

GoktimusPrime
16th March 2014, 10:55 AM
Actually... being so grossly oversized might exempt it from being regarded as a replica (or even imitation firearm. Hasbro was able to release Reveal the Shield Legends Class Megatron here because it's so undersized that it's exempted, and likewise Smallest Transforming Megatron (which I don't keep in my locked display unit w/ my G1 and MP gunformers) because its tiny size also exempts it. AFAIK the general rule is that if the gun resembles a real gun and can be hand held, then it qualifies as a replica firearm (and thus falls under whatever state/territorial laws regarding such items). If it cannot be hand held like a gun, then it's exempted.

Because the laws are in place to stop idiots from carrying the toy in public in gun mode and threatening people with it. This can be done w/ the G1 and MP Megatron and Browning moulds, but not w/ Smallest or RtS Megatron, nor those who transform into clearly fictitious guns (e.g. G1 Shockwave, Galvatron, Classicsverse Voyager Megatron etc.). Also hence why all of those toys are able to be sold in Australia (although G1 Shockwave wasn't released here, we did have "Shackwave" ;)).

They should be making an mp-10 scale megs first
Eh... I'd rather see them release MP toys based on characters that don't already exist as MPs. I skipped MP11 because I already have MP03 (both the Takara and Hasbro versions). I initially skilled MP10 because I already have MP01 and later picked up the Hasbro version because it was considerably cheaper and I wanted the trailer and Roller and Spike. If they did another MP Megatron, I'd likely skip it. I would theoretically pick up a new MP Megatron if it came w/ the stock and silencer, but I wouldn't pay TakTOM prices for it and Hasbro wouldn't be able to release it, so in actuality I'd most probably still skip it anyway.

Omega Metro
16th March 2014, 11:01 AM
If only he transformed.

Yes, if only.:mad:

drifand
16th March 2014, 11:32 AM
Both price and not being able to transform stopped there for me. I may not get it even if I won lotto.

Gouki
16th March 2014, 12:49 PM
I don't like the face. He looks like he's sulking.

You would too, if you lost as many skirmishes as Megs.

Magnus
16th March 2014, 09:05 PM
Looks nice, but even if it doesn't transform, shouldn't there be more 'gun' details on his arms, legs and chest?

I'm getting more of an "I don't like you"/sizing someone up vibe from the facial expression, but that's me.

Tetsuwan Convoy
18th March 2014, 06:14 PM
I'm getting more of an "I don't like you"/sizing someone up vibe from the facial expression, but that's me.
He probably thinks he's being judged because he doesn't transform.:p

Trent
18th March 2014, 10:23 PM
He probably thinks he's being judged because he doesn't transform.:p

He is. Damn monoformers (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Militant_Monoform_Movement) ;)

lancalot
22nd March 2014, 12:13 PM
I was wondering if anyone from here did order the optimus and this meg? I would love to see it in person :cool: