PDA

View Full Version : Beast Hunters Titans

griffin
15th March 2014, 09:40 PM
Just like the TFPrime "Titans" (Optimus and Bumblebee), the Beast Hunters Titans look to be released after their toy series has ended as well.
(how can such simply designed and sculpted toys take so long to make?)
And just like the TFPrime and Movie Titans, these ones make Actionmasters look awesome in comparison.

There look to be four of them (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/transformers-prime-39/transformers-prime-beast-hunters-titan-guardians-images-179482/) - Bumblebee, Optimus, (Sharkticon) Megatron, Shockwave.

Said to be the "16 inch class", which is the larger Titans (the smaller ones are 12 inch).

The_Damned
15th March 2014, 09:57 PM
i am sorry but "NO"

GoktimusPrime
15th March 2014, 10:34 PM
Look like upsized Happy Meal toys. :p

CBratron
15th March 2014, 10:44 PM
I still think they look like bubblebath bottles.

The_Damned
16th March 2014, 12:13 AM
I still think they look like bubblebath bottles.

where is the like button

Megatran
16th March 2014, 12:39 AM
All the extensive focus group testing & they came up with this? :confused::rolleyes:

liegeprime
16th March 2014, 03:51 AM
All the extensive focus group testing & they came up with this? :confused::rolleyes:

Makes one wonder ei? Do they want to sell their toys or not? If they really want to waste plastic or come up with figures that are gonna fly off the shelves? Whose responsible for giving this waste of materials a go? Mebbe griffin can ask these questions on the upcoming Botcon Hasbro panel... toned down of course coz they might throw you out the hall bossbot if they are asked in such brutally honest way. But yeah that will be my entry questions if you ever need some. Coz really for them to waste effort, investment on such outright meh items ( and were talking worldwide production numbers here) ....WHY? Surely there are more figures that can be released but they decide not to and they give us reasons which to fanboys of course would not be acceptable or logical - like a proper Arcee figure for years, or that time they didn't even consider making even a prototype constructicon/ Omega figure for Animated series. Now they come up with these gargantuan plastic crap? What's their logic in producing crap that will surely shelfwarm... if they wanna throw money away then just donate it to charity, that's more useful than these figures will ever be.

Gouki
16th March 2014, 12:54 PM
It's almost like they're aimed at children who like the characters but not necessarily the transformations or something...

liegeprime
16th March 2014, 07:22 PM
It's almost like they're aimed at children who like the characters but not necessarily the transformations or something...

Yeah but with the titan class price tag, that's hi-way robbery...Hasbro Style :p

Paulbot
16th March 2014, 08:28 PM
In Target today I saw the Hasbro's 12" Titan Captain America toys which look a world better than their TF versions. Cap seems to have the same sort of poseability, but the molded and painted detail is really well done.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/75737c0cc67fd1de03c1c62d4bd0e56f/tumblr_n2iv4sRqmM1qbguy1o1_500.jpg

GoktimusPrime
16th March 2014, 09:01 PM
What kind of kid would like that? That's like wanting a toy car which doesn't have rolling wheels. Yep... can't wait for these toys to hit local shelves and keep 'em toasty warm. :rolleyes: :p

Gouki
16th March 2014, 10:47 PM
What kind of kid would like that? That's like wanting a toy car which doesn't have rolling wheels. Yep... can't wait for these toys to hit local shelves and keep 'em toasty warm. :rolleyes: :p

Perhaps a two or three year-old who is a little young for the transforming figures, quite rough? or just have grandparents who are a bit clueless? KK gifts with a cheap price limit?

Too many adults in this fandom forget it's not really aimed at them, and not every product in the line needs to meet their (often ridiculous) quality standards. Should they have more detail? Probably. Will I ever buy one? hell no, I'm not really a fan. Do I think they're in anyway aimed at the over 5's? Not at all.

Of course if the RRP ends up being high, I'll be surprised but be proven wrong.

GoktimusPrime
16th March 2014, 11:45 PM
I wouldn't have been interested in this stuff as a kid (I was never a fan of the Action Masters in 1990-91), and my own daughter would've been bored with this stuff as a two year old. At that age she was already playing with Rescue Bots and other transformable Play Skool Transformers. I don't think these toys would really appeal to anyone who's old enough to have teeth.

Kids aren't as stupid as some people might think they are, and they hate being talked down to. The other pre-school/Kindy aged kids at my daughter's Saturday school _love_ playing with various mainstream TFs that I bring each week -- Deluxes, Ultras, Leaders etc. But some of them can be a bit rough, and they have sticky fingers (cos it's during their recess breaks and they often have food in one hand and trying to grab my toy with the other), so yesterday I took a transformable PlaySkool TF along. Nobody wanted to play with it. These are 4-5 year olds. If I bring a Deluxe or Leader Class toy, the kids swarm around me like pigeons on chips.

Gouki
17th March 2014, 09:59 AM
Actually, I probably would have loved these as akid not to really play ewith (maybe as giants or statues that come to life), but as models to paint and colour in. Probably not their intended purpose, though.

Bidoofdude
18th March 2014, 06:31 PM
Nobody wanted to play with it. These are 4-5 year olds. If I bring a Deluxe or Leader Class toy, the kids swarm around me like pigeons on chips.

I had a solid image in my head there. Uncle Gok showing the kiddies his toys. :p