PDA

View Full Version : When you lose a single piece...

k.wong23
5th August 2008, 08:55 PM
Ok so long story short, I got a printer for my birthday from my mates since I never have lecture slides :p

So Upon cleaning my desk and re-arranging everything and placing everything back on my desk to fit the printer, on the floor 2 metres away from my desk is Music Label Soundwave's Blaster Rifle.

Two thoughts came into my head:

1. Why is this on the floor over here
2. Where is his shoulder cannon

Now since this happened 2 days ago I cannot find his shoulder cannon anywhere in my room and its tearing me apart, my life is just not complete, SOUNDWAVE IS NOT COMPLETE.

If I can't find it I am going to sell him minus a shoulder cannon. How depressing:(

Anyone have similar experiences? Or am I just overreacting...

Kyle
5th August 2008, 09:02 PM
I know the feeling. I lose parts all the time but they always turn up after varying lengths of time. Hopefully it is still in your room. :)

Robzy
5th August 2008, 09:02 PM
Damn! I hope you find it... whatever you do - DON'T vacuum! :p

It's amazing how far some little bits can bounce! I always have this problem with missiles that 'fire' themselves across the room... leaving me with a 2 hour hunt!

Pulse
5th August 2008, 09:07 PM
It's amazing how far some little bits can bounce! I always have this problem with missiles that 'fire' themselves across the room... leaving me with a 2 hour hunt!

I've experienced that a 1000 times... :o

loophole
5th August 2008, 09:12 PM

that's half the fun isn't!!!!

i hope you find Soundwave's shoulder cannon though.

1orion2many
5th August 2008, 09:12 PM
:eek:I lost the spoiler off my G1 Sunstreaker once, I looked and looked but couldn't find it:(. About 2 months later I found it on the dressing table and I know for a fact I never put it there:rolleyes:. I hope you find your missing bit because if your anything like me it'll drive you crazy:D.

GoktimusPrime
5th August 2008, 09:16 PM
I've lost my Super Link Kicker and Gamede! They're gonna be beeotches to replace (esp the latter). :(

k.wong23
5th August 2008, 09:22 PM
Damn! I hope you find it... whatever you do - DON'T vacuum! :p

Mate I already vacuumed! But I have a bagless Vacuum and checked it out, wasn't there:(

Thanks for the support, maybe I will hold onto him..in case the shoulder cannon appears, I'm going to pop him back into his box.

I'm sorry soundwave, but you are 'inferior' without it!

Robzy
5th August 2008, 09:47 PM
Mate I already vacuumed! NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! :eek:

...But I have a bagless Vacuum and checked it out, wasn't there Phew! :o

iceburn
5th August 2008, 09:53 PM
go question your classmates...maybe one of them used it as a toothpick *hehe*

sorry to hear that it's gone missing. i'm always frantic when i loose even the smallest item. you got my sorrow...

STL
5th August 2008, 10:50 PM
One of my excuses for buying doubles. :D

+1. I absolutely hate it.

Right now, I'm "missing" an Energon Galvatron missile. It's -somewhere- in my room but I have no idea where. It fired itself and then I put off looking for it b/c I was in mid-transformation w/ Galvatron. Then I jumped online for about 35 mins and then remembered it'd gone missing. Only problem was by that point, I'd forgotten its trajectory so it's somewhere here I just have no idea where.

iceburn
5th August 2008, 10:53 PM
haha i know which one does that almost automatically!
Movie STARSCREAM!! moreover there's 8 missiles

roller
5th August 2008, 10:57 PM
my Vehicon General Tankor had a missing missile for months

Pulse
5th August 2008, 11:32 PM
One of my excuses for buying doubles. :D

Any excuse will do, ay...;)

STL
5th August 2008, 11:42 PM
Any excuse will do, ay...;)

I don't need excuses. I need justifications. :p

Pulse
5th August 2008, 11:50 PM
Hmmmm,

Justification = My wallet felt too "heavy" so I had to lighten it... :D

STL
6th August 2008, 12:24 AM
Hmmmm,

Justification = My wallet felt too "heavy" so I had to lighten it... :D

I prefer to think that my monetary repository was feeling gravitationally challenged and that necessitated that I alter its compositional balance to reflect a position that indicated my utility

To Punish & Enslave
6th August 2008, 01:41 AM
MMMMmmmmmm Understand totally about that loosing parts feeling all too well. Not Only do I have my own collection, being the good father that I am my 9 year old son also has a healthy collection of transformers.

I find myself sneaking in his room when he is not home going through his pile of toys trying to find all his TF’s , TF’s guns & missiles etc. He thinks I’m crazy. He knows it gets to me if they are all not in order or can’t find something the little bugger lol. Please Ozfomer dads tell me I’m not alone.

lcz128
6th August 2008, 07:49 AM
k.wong, I totally feel your pain...

Case in point:
Have a EMS package from F2F that's been on the way to me for about 5 weeks now, and lo and behold - I contact them asking them why has it been in customs for 3 weeks now, they go off, investigating, then yesterday they call me and say that they can't find the package over here. Yes, you've lost a piece of Soundwave - with a chance of finding him... Aus Post on the other hand has lost... a whole package. Sh!t!

Happy belated birthday, btw!

But yeah- keep looking around - like behind the table etc - UNDER the printer ... cause it'll turn up! (don't throw away the packaging of the printer!)

i_amtrunks
6th August 2008, 10:45 AM
May be a dumb question, but have you looked around in a larger area? I've found missiles, weapons and even G1 fists over 6 feet away, in different rooms from my display area, and that was before I had the kittens around.

Check shoes, and the very edges of shelves and furniture as well, sometimes items can fit very snugly up against them.

1orion2many
6th August 2008, 11:16 AM
MMMMmmmmmm Understand totally about that loosing parts feeling all too well. Not Only do I have my own collection, being the good father that I am my 9 year old son also has a healthy collection of transformers.

I find myself sneaking in his room when he is not home going through his pile of toys trying to find all his TF’s , TF’s guns & missiles etc. He thinks I’m crazy. He knows it gets to me if they are all not in order or can’t find something the little bugger lol. Please Ozfomer dads tell me I’m not alone.

:o+1, I used to do this all the time, when my son hit his teenage years I confiscated his BW figures saying they were being mis-treated and needed some love:D

Pulse
6th August 2008, 11:22 AM
:o+1, I used to do this all the time, when my son hit his teenage years I confiscated his BW figures saying they were being mis-treated and needed some love:D

Taking toys away from your son... How despicable!? :rolleyes: :D

1orion2many
6th August 2008, 02:46 PM
Taking toys away from your son... How despicable!? :rolleyes: :D

:oAll I have to say to that is MWA HA HA HA HA :D

Verno
6th August 2008, 04:43 PM
Oh yeh, doesn't that just eat at you?!

I'm missing a few BW backing cards and even though they're not 'pieces' exactly, it irks me no end that I don't have them yet.

Zippo
6th August 2008, 06:24 PM
I know I have lost those little arm bits for Movie 08 Bee ..

Firecracker
6th August 2008, 06:28 PM
Well, I can relate to 'figure is not complete... panic' thing. I'm a bit obsesive like that. Look in the paper feeding tray on your printer(if its that sort of printer), I used to lose heaps of stuff in there...

Lint
6th August 2008, 06:48 PM
My only piece of advice is to not play with your toys :p

If they're on display, a little blu tack goes a long way for stabilising poses, keeping weapons in their pegs and locking missiles in place. Though I prefer not to spring load my missiles anyway.

And never vacuum! (or just don't poke the sucker into places where you haven't inspected) I always get a pain in my chest whenever I hear something rattle up the hose and get murdered by the fan.

dirge
6th August 2008, 06:57 PM
Don't lose hope. I lost Apeface's gun about 3 years ago. I found it a couple of months ago.

I moved house in the meantime.

GoktimusPrime
6th August 2008, 07:02 PM
I lost Apeface's gun in January 1988. Still haven't found it. :/

k.wong23
6th August 2008, 09:21 PM
THANKYOU FOR ALL THE SUPPORT GUYS.

I have found my missing cannon! For some odd reason, it was in a shoe box under my bed (INSIDE IT) underneath a piece of paper. Why on earth was it there when the blaster was on the floor?

Baffled.

But i wish you all luck in your searches for your missing pieces :)

Lint
6th August 2008, 09:36 PM
blame the toy gnomes

MV75
6th August 2008, 10:07 PM
Well I lost overdrive and downshift when we moved here ~17 years ago, and I havn't seen razorclaw since 2003. :(
________
Charlie Sheen Korner (http://winningentrepreneur.com/)

lcz128
7th August 2008, 08:29 AM
THANKYOU FOR ALL THE SUPPORT GUYS.

I have found my missing cannon! For some odd reason, it was in a shoe box under my bed (INSIDE IT) underneath a piece of paper. Why on earth was it there when the blaster was on the floor?

Baffled.

But i wish you all luck in your searches for your missing pieces :)

Haha! Do you live with anyone? Anyone who would 'help' you pack things when it's a mess? That's probably the answer if so :b

Congrats on finding it though! Yay! :D

iceburn
7th August 2008, 08:49 AM
good news is always good...

GoktimusPrime
7th August 2008, 10:01 PM
My wife found Kicker and Ga'mede today! JOY!!http://forums.tformers.com/talk/style_emoticons/default/g1-bumblebeedance.gifhttp://forums.tformers.com/talk/style_emoticons/default/g1-OptimusPrimeAniLevelup.gifhttp://forums.tformers.com/talk/style_emoticons/default/g1-cliffjumperdance.gif

Pulse
7th August 2008, 11:20 PM
That means you don't have to buy a 2nd Magnificus... :D

Gutsman Heavy
8th August 2008, 01:20 AM
grats Gok!

GoktimusPrime
8th August 2008, 05:10 AM

That means you don't have to buy a 2nd Magnificus...
Yes!!