PDA

View Full Version : Hasbro MP Prowl and Sunstorm confirmed?

griffin
26th March 2014, 01:04 PM
A couple of rumoured Hasbro Masterpiece toys could be confirmed, as a TFW member claims to have found images from US ToysRUs.

Sunstorm was first mentioned from an American TRU database listing, but I think our Sinnertwin was first to find Prowl listed in our Australian TRU database.

Images of both have been posted up at TFW here (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/transformers-masterpiece-47/toys-r-us-exclusives-optimus-2-pack-and-two-masterpiece-transformers-179548/), BUT BE WARNED, there is a movie toy included (Then & Now Optimus 2-pack), so if you want to just see the MP toys, the direct links are here (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/attach/4/1/4/0/8/Prowl-2_1395771016.jpg) and here (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/attach/4/1/4/0/8/Sunstorm-2_1395771016.jpg) (not sure if those direct links will work for non-members).

The Prowl photo looks like it could just be the JP toy, or the Hasbro one could indeed be the same.
The Sunstorm jet photo is the JP toy, but the Robot photo shows us a red robot abdomen, yellow thighs, white forearms and different wing striping to the Japanese toy (which you can see on the jet photo next to it).

DELTAprime
26th March 2014, 01:53 PM
Is it just me or does Sunstorm look like he has Hasbro MP-03 style weathering on him?

Trent
26th March 2014, 02:02 PM
I'm skeptical. I'd put money on those photos being stock Takara images (except the SS bot one). The colours are EXACTLY the same as the Takara releases and Hasbro has changed something on every MP release to date to differentiate them from Takara releases. And the SS bot mode looks like someone has added panel lining and battle damage. However that detail is clearly not visible on the alt mode pic.

I'm not saying that hasbro aren't releasing these figures, just that this is in no way proof.

neeno
26th March 2014, 02:39 PM
It's hard to believe that they are planning on using the THS convoy mold considering they are targeting kids for the movie line. THS mold is known for its complexity, fragile and detachable parts for hands which is definetely not safe for children.

drifand
26th March 2014, 03:09 PM
It's hard to believe that they are planning on using the THS convoy mold considering they are targeting kids for the movie line. THS mold is known for its complexity, fragile and detachable parts for hands which is definetely not safe for children.

No idea this was for a child.

Bidoofdude
26th March 2014, 08:15 PM
Didn't we have a rerelease of Grimlock shown at toy fair?

Trent
26th March 2014, 08:21 PM
No idea this was for a child.

If it will be sold in the toy section of a shop then it is a kids toy.

drifand
26th March 2014, 11:39 PM
I have no idea that is going to be a young kids toy.
Must be quite rich as well or never mind. Not sure what some of you guys are thinking when buying toys for a child.

In case you are still thinking of the obvious toy section which is pointed out.

I am referring to what do you want? Complaint to Hasbro and spoil the mood of the rest of the members here who want it? Or be a responsible parent and know what you want to let your child play. Take a pick.

Lego has a lot of small pieces, why nobody is obviously screaming about it? Yup my point exactly.

griffin
27th March 2014, 12:15 AM
Didn't we have a rerelease of Grimlock shown at toy fair?

It could have just been a mock-up for the display (to add to the Dino theme), or could be released later in the year, after these two.

liegeprime
27th March 2014, 12:32 AM
Hmm I hope those are indeed just stock photos, coz that Sunstorm looks more like a custom painjob photo that got used as a placer ( hopefully) Sunstorm with red torso just looks KOish I do hope those come up in retail shelves - even here.....

Sinnertwin
27th March 2014, 01:53 AM
Is it just me or does Sunstorm look like he has Hasbro MP-03 style weathering on him?

Here's a link from the thread that claims it's a custom piece

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/radicons-customs/296619-masterpiece-sunstorm.html

I can't tell 100% on my phone if it's the same one, but their seems to be no objections from what i could see on the thread

griffin
27th March 2014, 02:33 AM
That is the same figure, it even has the same purple base.
And it makes it less likely that the Hybrid Optimus would be included in a Hasbro set that is aimed at kids, not collectors.
(looks like my original suspicions made it worth having the ? in the title)

Wouldn't it be funny, if it was someone's April Fools day joke that someone else came across and leaked by accident thinking it was legit.

neeno
27th March 2014, 03:42 PM
If it will be sold in the toy section of a shop then it is a kids toy.

Does a masterpiece line supposed to be kids toy if it were sold in toy section even though it is a toyline of collector-focused toys? some parents must be filthy rich to buy such toys for their kids.

Lego has a lot of small pieces, why nobody is obviously screaming about it? Yup my point exactly.

lego was aimed for 6-12 y.o, they make the duplo line for the younger kids of 1-5 y.o.

Hybrid style, however, same as masterpiece line, was aimed to collectors due to complexity, mold, price point.
I have no doubt that the price would be lower if hasbro is going to mass produce it for world market, since takara only produced for japan market.
but still, it was $60 price point back then, how much hasbro can cut it? $30? i doubt it.

That is the same figure, it even has the same purple base.
And it makes it less likely that the Hybrid Optimus would be included in a Hasbro set that is aimed at kids, not collectors.
(looks like my original suspicions made it worth having the ? in the title)
Wouldn't it be funny, if it was someone's April Fools day joke that someone else came across and leaked by accident thinking it was legit.
my thoughts exactly

liegeprime
28th March 2014, 12:51 AM
Here's a link from the thread that claims it's a custom piece

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/radicons-customs/296619-masterpiece-sunstorm.html

I can't tell 100% on my phone if it's the same one, but their seems to be no objections from what i could see on the thread

Well Ill be... no wonder it looked KOish... borrowed pics anyone? :p

Sinnertwin
29th March 2014, 08:04 PM
Does a masterpiece line supposed to be kids toy if it were sold in toy section even though it is a toyline of collector-focused toys? some parents must be filthy rich to buy such toys for their kids.

Retailers will position them with existing TF toys. They don't have the floor space to have a dedicated kids & adult sections for Transformers. To retailers they're all toys. If it's a Transformer, they'll be merchandised along side the other TF toys.
And if a parent can afford to buy a MP for their child, all the best to them.

lego was aimed for 6-12 y.o, they make the duplo line for the younger kids of 1-5 y.o.

Then you have sets like 10231 Space Shuttle which has an Ages 14+ & 10225 R2D2 with an Ages 16+ listed on the packaging placed amongst all the regular sets. There's Duplo & Lego -that's about as far as their differentiating of products go

Hybrid style, however, same as masterpiece line, was aimed to collectors due to complexity, mold, price point.
I have no doubt that the price would be lower if hasbro is going to mass produce it for world market, since takara only produced for japan market.
but still, it was $60 price point back then, how much hasbro can cut it? $30? i doubt it.

Why? Just look at the recent Masterpiece releases we've had here (MP Optimus, Soundwave, Acid Storm) & then compare them to their Takara release prices. And that's before the 25% off sale TrU had

drifand
29th March 2014, 09:18 PM
I rather have toys coming in then complaining what age this toy is aimed at to be real honest and leave the responsibility to the parents choosing toys for kids.

I am glad any of these will make it into Australia TRU.

GoktimusPrime
29th March 2014, 10:24 PM
neeno: I've seen a junker Binaltech Smokescreen at a collectables fair in Sydney. So clearly someone went to the effort of importing a BT Smokescreen from Japan, or possibly buying one at a premium price from an import store, then gave it to a child! :eek: All this despite the packaging explicitly stating, "For Ages 15 and Up."

Tober
30th May 2014, 02:13 AM
:eek:

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj230/AUST_Tober/th_mzEBhgx_zps9b2b41b9.jpg (http://s273.photobucket.com/user/AUST_Tober/media/mzEBhgx_zps9b2b41b9.jpg.html)

griffin
30th May 2014, 02:44 AM
At least it is a different colour to the JP one, for variety.

Tober
30th May 2014, 02:52 AM

That, along with "saves me $60", is the most positive thing I've read about it so far...

Trent
30th May 2014, 08:07 AM
:eek:

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj230/AUST_Tober/th_mzEBhgx_zps9b2b41b9.jpg (http://s273.photobucket.com/user/AUST_Tober/media/mzEBhgx_zps9b2b41b9.jpg.html)

That, along with "saves me $60", is the most positive thing I've read about it so far...

What are we looking at? I can't see the photo.

Bidoofdude
30th May 2014, 08:10 AM
Since the other pic is down, I'll post the TFW link here:http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/transformers-masterpiece-47/masterpiece-sunstorm-first-image-of-toys-r-us-exclusive-release-180132/

Man is he ugly. The brown helmet, the small, thin red stripes. He doesn't match Acid Storm at all. Saves me the money.

Trent
30th May 2014, 08:40 AM
Since the other pic is down, I'll post the TFW link here:http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/transformers-masterpiece-47/masterpiece-sunstorm-first-image-of-toys-r-us-exclusive-release-180132/

Man is he ugly. The brown helmet, the small, thin red stripes. He doesn't match Acid Storm at all. Saves me the money.

Ewwwwwwww. Maybe it'll look better in person :p

Would help if it was transformed properly too :rolleyes:

drifand
30th May 2014, 09:08 AM
I wouldn't understand the price if it cost more than Grimlock.

jazzcomp
30th May 2014, 09:30 AM
I wouldn't understand the price if it cost more than Grimlock.
Since there's only one dinobot but more seekers, Sunstorm should appeal more to the fans of seekers. :)

Kranix
31st May 2014, 12:01 AM
I really dont like Sunstorm myself. I also cant help but feel each time they bring out another lesser known seeker it makes it less likely we will see an MP11 version of Skywarp or an improved Takara version of MP11 Thundercracker :(

Defcon
31st May 2014, 05:10 PM
I wonder what these will retail for, over $100 seems to much for another seeker repaint. Starscream would of been a choice that many could understand and accept. But if they have gone with Sunstorm, they may as well have gone with Icestorm. Maybe another random repaint, but at least the incentive would be there to complete a team of Rainmakers, what with Takara already with their Sunstorm whats the point? such a waste of a release in my opinion.

Tetsuwan Convoy
31st May 2014, 06:06 PM
Sunstorm? Nope, perhaps Butterstorm or Mustardstorm, would be more appropriate looking at those colours. Yeesh

Tober
31st May 2014, 06:11 PM
I won't rule out a purchase until I see the F-15 jet mode, but given that it looks like it has flame deco wings and uses the revised mold, I doubt it will convince me.

Sky Shadow
31st May 2014, 06:55 PM
Other than being ridiculously transformed, that's not too bad. It could have been hideous like Acid Storm. The blocks of colour look like he's a Seeker character who could actually have been released in 1984.

janda the red
31st May 2014, 07:24 PM
I like it.... and will definitely get one.

I'm a massive seeker fan though, so maybe a little bias'd :)

Blastwave
17th June 2014, 09:54 PM
New pics posted over on seibertron

http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/new-promo-images-hasbro-transformers-masterpiece-sunstorm-and-prowl/30550/

Adding pics from my iPad is a pain lol.

Looks like Sunstorm's head is gold, not brown.

Sinnertwin
17th June 2014, 10:10 PM
is that the same gold on Sunstorm's noggin', etc they used on the Protoform Starscream?

drifand
17th June 2014, 10:13 PM
the kid's face omg.... lol

DELTAprime
17th June 2014, 10:37 PM

Kid? He looks like a teenager to me. Hasbro is taking this whole "older collector" thing they spoke about a Toy Fair to a creepy place.

Shirokaze
17th June 2014, 10:44 PM
I try to stay positive, but that is just awful. :confused:

drifand
17th June 2014, 10:44 PM
anyway, the Takara Sunstorm does look better? I don't know what are your opinions?

Blastwave
17th June 2014, 11:35 PM

Yeah I had to stop looking at the pics, he was freaking me out! It's the teeth :D

drifand
18th June 2014, 07:41 AM
Looks to me the Orange isn't dark enough to show some contrast for the flames. It is almost non existent.

Blastwave
18th June 2014, 08:07 AM
Hopefully it will look better in-hand. I don't think the white background helps color in the photos either.

Tober
18th June 2014, 09:34 AM
http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj230/AUST_Tober/1402979361_2_zps75624a4f.jpg (http://s273.photobucket.com/user/AUST_Tober/media/1402979361_2_zps75624a4f.jpg.html)

It's so hard to know what Hasbro are thinking sometimes... That thing is just looks hideously ugly and stupid. And so does Sunstorm. :(

drifand
18th June 2014, 09:41 AM
LOL, had to laugh when you said so is Sunstorm.
The prowl one was unbearable, I cannot focus on the toy itself. lol

I definitely think the Takara one has the edge over this version.

WeallscreamforStarscream
18th June 2014, 12:07 PM
That looks like a kid picture of me :(

I am much much more handsome now though :p

GoktimusPrime
18th June 2014, 02:34 PM
I see Hasbro's beating bootleggers at their own game again. :p

lancalot
18th June 2014, 03:00 PM
well it did come from a Transformers Columbia Facebook page .... he must be so happy to actually see a transformer figure! :p The flames on sunstorm is abit to busy :(

Ultra Mackness
19th June 2014, 05:26 AM
I may be in the minority here but I don't mind this version of Sunstorm. The ehobby version had it's share of complaints about it's white gloves, but this one has a balance of colours. True they are garish and hard to look at for very long, but so is the sun! I also don't mind the flames. Sunstorm thought of himself as a deity IIRC, and that would breed the level of arrogence that could lead him to have the flame design. I only wonder about the brown plastic. On his head it looks brown, but on the guns it looks goldy, but that could be shine. Not sure about $120 either - drop the price below $100 and I'll pull the trigger.

drifand
19th June 2014, 07:35 AM
It will be priced at acid storms price. I think it could have been better in colours imo.

Sinnertwin
19th June 2014, 07:58 AM
It will be priced at acid storms price. I think it could have been better in colours imo.

its normal price is currently listed as $124.99, not the $99.99 we paid for Acid Storm.

drifand
19th June 2014, 09:48 AM
its normal price is currently listed as $124.99, not the $99.99 we paid for Acid Storm.

Thanks for the info, I remembered paying mine about $112 because of shipping etc...

I be worried if thats the case for Grimlock's price here.

Blastwave
28th June 2014, 09:27 AM
So Prowl has been dropped for release in Europe.

http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/hasbro-transformers-masterpiece-prowl-not-being-released-in-europe/30677/

This does worry me that he may get dropped here too, what do you think peeps?

Bidoofdude
28th June 2014, 12:28 PM
So Prowl has been dropped for release in Europe.

http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/hasbro-transformers-masterpiece-prowl-not-being-released-in-europe/30677/

This does worry me that he may get dropped here too, what do you think peeps?

Did Europe have it in their TRU database? I know we have it, so we should be safe.

Sinnertwin
28th June 2014, 12:50 PM
Did Europe have it in their TRU database? I know we have it, so we should be safe.

Not always. CNY Supreme Class Starscream was also listed in TrU's database here but ended up being cancelled.

Bidoofdude
28th June 2014, 01:12 PM
Not always. CNY Supreme Class Starscream was also listed in TrU's database here but ended up being cancelled.

Fair point. That's a worry.

Blastwave
28th June 2014, 05:28 PM

Yes it was listed, even had their web page up for it but showing out of stock.

millhouse
9th July 2014, 09:37 PM
We've had Hasbro's MP-01 and MP-02 in Masterpiece Soundwave and Masterpiece Acid Storm...

So, while MP-03 Masterpiece Grimlock has been (and seemingly gone!) from Toys R Us (US) (en route to Australia), MP-04 Masterpiece Prowl has seemingly hit Australia's east coast (before a US debut!), MP-05 Masterpiece Sunstorm has started shipping from Robot Kingdom (mine's on it's way), I noticed something funny...

The box art is a recoloured version of the 1st seeker Masterpiece mould. The promo pics that came out online (with a child playing with it) are the revised v2 (also known as MP-11 after the Takara Starscream release) mould. Just found the discrepancy to be pretty funny, as someone would have had to digibash the exisiting photos of the v1 to get a Hasbro-deco Sunstorm.

Anyone snagged MP-04 Prowl yet? Though I own the Japanese release, I'm curious about any deco changes.

spiderken17
9th July 2014, 10:00 PM
So is Hasbro Sunstorm out here yet?

millhouse
9th July 2014, 10:13 PM
So is Hasbro Sunstorm out here yet?

Nope. Just started shipping from RK. USD$130.

Given that Prowl is AU$100... I've ordered it from RK. Rather pay a little more and not have to worry about chasing it up.

drifand
9th July 2014, 10:21 PM
have to say, I am tempted with Sunstorm.

millhouse
9th July 2014, 10:21 PM
have to say, I am tempted with Sunstorm.

It's got a deco that's rather different from the Takara version. :)

DELTAprime
10th July 2014, 07:22 AM
Now that Prowl is out here (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/transformers-masterpiece-47/masterpiece-prowl-released-in-malaysia-and-australia-180660/) has anyone got him? I'm wondering if there is anything in the box to warrant the mark up over the Takara version? Also why is he in such a huge box?

leej84
10th July 2014, 09:29 AM
Now that Prowl is out here (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/transformers-masterpiece-47/masterpiece-prowl-released-in-malaysia-and-australia-180660/) has anyone got him? I'm wondering if there is anything in the box to warrant the mark up over the Takara version? Also why is he in such a huge box?

my thoughts exactly

jazzcomp
10th July 2014, 10:09 AM
Mass production of boxes?

Sinnertwin
10th July 2014, 10:58 AM

This comment amused me

Toysrus Australia charge as much as they can. I doubt the $100 comes from hasbro. Tru is the absolute worst place to buy anything and is mainly for suckers ie 40+ upper middle class women buying gifts for kids with no knowledge or like of toys. Tru australia have been known to price deluxe figures from the same wave at 100% mark up if it is popular. Tru australia are scalpers, no need to worry about scalpers buying them.

I have seen the above with my own eyes before anyone says that is BS.

It's not BS. There are a lot of other factors involved before they ring a sale through their registers.
TrU aren't making $90 a pop on Prowl & that goes for any of their recent MP releases, Metroplex, Bruticus v Grimlock. If you saw what TrU paid for these figures & then compare them to the retail amount being charged, you may be surprised.

drifand
10th July 2014, 11:26 AM
The price is what it is, if you missed the boat on takara then you have to decide which one is better for you at this point.

I know for one, you get this here and now and no need to worry about lost shipment and you get to play it immediately.

I rather just buy it or just wait for a takara rerun.
Your choice honestly.

I am unsure about the bigger box, is there a inbox video floating around in YouTube ?

millhouse
10th July 2014, 12:12 PM
It's not BS. There are a lot of other factors involved before they ring a sale through their registers.
TrU aren't making $90 a pop on Prowl & that goes for any of their recent MP releases, Metroplex, Bruticus v Grimlock. If you saw what TrU paid for these figures & then compare them to the retail amount being charged, you may be surprised.

The problem, as I see it, is TRU AU just don't have the buying power that they have internationally. Any complaints I see about TRU AU can usually be addressed by that. They generally aren't competitive on price either, but much like EB Games, they're a specialised store, and can't rely on you buying cheap shirts made for pennies in India to make their profit (ala K Mart).

drifand
10th July 2014, 12:16 PM
Well Grimlock is sold for AU$170 in Singapore, and we are getting them $130?

What more you want?

Freya
10th July 2014, 01:05 PM
You guys seem missing the most important factors, why we paying too much in AUST! its our f*ucken import tax system.

MP Grimlock costing us around $120 from TRU US, So $130 is not bad for him.

And glad I got the Takara version from HLJ, no way i'm paying $100 for Prowl. If I were those people who missed out the Takara version, I will go buy the KO version, and its also better then the Takara version.

Shirokaze
10th July 2014, 02:52 PM
The price is what it is, if you missed the boat on takara then you have to decide which one is better for you at this point.

Weren't you complaining about the price of the MP-10 re-release last month? Perhaps you should apply the ''price is what it is'' sentiment to that. It's the same deal really, nobody wants to pay 60% more than the original RRP for anything.

danny-boy
10th July 2014, 03:13 PM
Still can't get over the $100 price tag for a MP car. It's highway robbery.

drifand
10th July 2014, 03:18 PM
Weren't you complaining about the price of the MP-10 re-release last month? Perhaps you should apply the ''price is what it is'' sentiment to that. It's the same deal really, nobody wants to pay 60% more than the original RRP for anything.

Yes I am, but note, anything released by Hong Kong distributors are not rrp.

this is not 60% above rrp either. And this isn't a takara release.

And no mp-10 has not been relisted.
Unlike in this situation you have a choice.

I agree $100 is not worth it. But it is that price and I won't buy it only because I already have the japan version.

I gladly suck in and pay $250 for a mp-10 now but there isn't any at this price so a big difference here.

drifand
10th July 2014, 03:23 PM

You can buy the takara version under $100

spiderken17
10th July 2014, 08:39 PM
I won't be getting Sunstorm, his redeco does not look as good as the Takara version I reckon.

drifand
10th July 2014, 10:03 PM
I won't be getting Sunstorm, his redeco does not look as good as the Takara version I reckon.

I would agree the takara version looks better for sunstorm, you can get lucky to pay $30 more than the hasbro ver

Omega Metro
11th July 2014, 10:07 AM

Robotkingdom have the Hasbro Prowl for $99.99US and the Takara Prowl for $79.99.:confused:
And....the Hasbro has cheaper shipping $21ish compared to the Takara at $26ish. US.
So either way, they come to over $100AU anyway.:eek:
Glad I paid $40 for mine;)

GoktimusPrime
11th July 2014, 10:50 AM
Robotkingdom have the Hasbro Prowl for $99.99US and the Takara Prowl for $79.99.:confused:
And....the Hasbro has cheaper shipping $21ish compared to the Takara at $26ish. US.
So either way, they come to over $100AU anyway.:eek:
Plus getting the local version gives you the added advantage of being able to own the toy immediately upon purchase (who likes waiting?!). And you have the advantage of local retail customer service, such as convenient option for refund or exchange if there's anything faulty with the toy.

So while those of us who pre-ordered the TakaraTOMY version paid approx. half TRU's price, for those who skipped that, I think that the local Hasbro version does offer a reasonable (not great, but reasonable) choice. As you've pointed out, it works out to be the same as getting a TakTOM version now, but with the added advantage of local customer service. :) And you know it's not a KO. :D

I paid approx. $50 for each of my MP cars, but as you all know, I skipped MP Alert... so yeah, I'd definitely be willing to pay $100 for a local Hasbro Red Alert. It's by no means a good price for an MP car, but I think it's acceptable considering that at best, the TakTOM version might cost the same, but without the convenience of local customer service, and the chance that it might be a KO. :o And of course, I'd get to open it straight away! :cool:

liegeprime
11th July 2014, 10:51 AM

Because Hasbro sells AIR. If you look at all their products , be it a simple rescue bot to the generations to the movie toys... a lot of it is AIR.HAsbro isn't a toy company it's an Air company disguised as a toy company :D;P

Ultra Mackness
11th July 2014, 07:06 PM

I picked him up today. I also have the Takara version and I'm not sure I could tell the difference between the two (aside from the Hasbro item and CE stamp inside Hasbro Prowl's left foot). The plastic quality and paint apps seem to be exactly the same, however my Hasbro Prowl has a stress mark on the inside clear plastic hinge of his door. He comes in robot mode with just his gun, but Liege is right - there's a lot of air in the box. They could have gotten away with it being about half the size it is. The box is nice and has the YOTH (?) counter of 27 of 30. For me the markup wasn't that much more than the Takara version which set me back around $85 including shipping, and while I'm itching to get a reprolabels set for MP Prowl to really Geewun him up, I just couldn't do it to my Takara one so all up I'm pretty happy with him.

millhouse
11th July 2014, 09:36 PM
The box is nice and has the YOTH (?) counter of 27 of 30.

I believe Sunstorm is 15 of 30?

griffin
11th July 2014, 10:44 PM
I believe Sunstorm is 15 of 30?

The work-in-progress list is here...
http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=17510

millhouse
11th July 2014, 11:31 PM
The work-in-progress list is here...
http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=17510

Saw that after I posted - apologies!

drifand
12th July 2014, 05:27 PM
Thanks to those who gave comparison comments.

I think anyone who has missed Prowl now can just go with either one that suits you as they are priced about the same.

jazzcomp
12th July 2014, 07:47 PM
From Allspark.com - MP Sunstorm is available from TRU canada.

liegeprime
13th July 2014, 03:18 AM
I picked him up today. .................while I'm itching to get a reprolabels set for MP Prowl to really Geewun him up, I just couldn't do it to my Takara one so all up I'm pretty happy with him.

Well if you want to add some stickers for that G1 look , how about you get the Before and After shoulder cannons (3rd party set) besides the guns it comes with a sticker sheet which mimics the G1 stickers but in MP size. For just $11.90, I think that's not so bad. its the set I got for my MP prowl though I haven't put on any of the stickers on him, as Im lazy hehehe. ( I have the Takara MP Prowl)
http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb313/liegeprime/2014%20Acquisitions/DSC04355_zps12f71549.jpg (http://s205.photobucket.com/user/liegeprime/media/2014%20Acquisitions/DSC04355_zps12f71549.jpg.html)

bought mine from Chimungmung.

http://chimungmung.com/product_info.php?cPath=30_112&products_id=1582

Ultra Mackness
28th August 2014, 08:43 PM
I don't think there's too much question about these guys now but in case it hasn't been posted elsewhere you can get sun storm at the online Toys R Us site:

http://www.toysrus.com.au/transformers-masterpiece-sunstorm-figure/

drifand
28th August 2014, 09:56 PM
I don't think there's too much question about these guys now but in case it hasn't been posted elsewhere you can get sun storm at the online Toys R Us site:

http://www.toysrus.com.au/transformers-masterpiece-sunstorm-figure/

You find some ebay competitors sell slightly cheaper.

jazzcomp
29th August 2014, 09:01 AM
I'll wait for the TRU sale :(

drifand
29th August 2014, 10:19 AM

I can get the takara version for $145 so I may skip all afterall.

drifand
29th August 2014, 11:16 AM

Which version will you take if sunstorm tt is under $145?

Hasbro at 129 if you even are lucky to see it on shelves.

jazzcomp
29th August 2014, 11:54 AM
Which version will you take if sunstorm tt is under $145?

Hasbro at 129 if you even are lucky to see it on shelves.
I'll probably take TT :)

drifand
29th August 2014, 01:17 PM
I'll probably take TT :)

Cheers, I see if I can grab it

nexusnixx
29th August 2014, 04:16 PM
I can get the takara version for $145 so I may skip all afterall.

Takara version sunstorm for $145 is cheap! u sure you got the pricing correct? :)

drifand
29th August 2014, 07:41 PM
Takara version sunstorm for $145 is cheap! u sure you got the pricing correct? :)

Absolutely correct, I bought one at $160 before. I may pass it due to my funds

Starscream77
29th August 2014, 07:48 PM

Cheapest TT version on EBay at the moment is $221 shipped

Not sure where you are seeing these cheap prices :confused:

drifand
29th August 2014, 10:59 PM
Cheapest TT version on EBay at the moment is $221 shipped

Not sure where you are seeing these cheap prices :confused:

I used a make an offer it was accepted. I just paid it. :)
$145 for Takara vs Hasbro, I guess it is the right move.

jazzcomp
30th August 2014, 09:42 AM
Cheers, I see if I can grab it

I used a make an offer it was accepted. I just paid it. :)
$145 for Takara vs Hasbro, I guess it is the right move.
Wow!:cool:

drifand
30th August 2014, 11:26 AM

Wow!:cool:

Yeah but is a hard purchase for me as I am on budget .
I think I be sitting anything out till starsaber comes along.

GoktimusPrime
31st August 2014, 05:18 PM
Yeah but is a hard purchase for me as I am on budget .
I think I be sitting anything out till starsaber comes along.
Lay By?

drifand
31st August 2014, 09:35 PM
Lay By?

how so? Most of my liking are towards masterpieces and most stores require you to pay upfront. Whether I like it or not I have to be more selective in what I want from now on. I also was half reluctant on Sunstorm purchase as it was just another coloured seeker, but I told myself it will sit well with acid storm and starscream and call it quits.

Sinnertwin
31st August 2014, 10:13 PM
how so?

For the Hasbro MP's Grimlock, Sunstorm & Prowl, TrU have do have a layby service

drifand
31st August 2014, 11:48 PM
For the Hasbro MP's Grimlock, Sunstorm & Prowl, TrU have do have a layby service

But Grimlock is not even available? is sold out? Something I missed?
I would have gone for sunstorm Layby but I already bought the takara, I wouldn't mind a second grimlock to display in robot form though.

z3r03d
1st September 2014, 10:35 AM
But Grimlock is not even available? is sold out? Something I missed?
I would have gone for sunstorm Layby but I already bought the takara, I wouldn't mind a second grimlock to display in robot form though.

no you havent missed it. ive been waiting for tru grimlock for months to use in dino mode collection..

TRU GIMLOCK NOT yet available in perth. i rang TRU and they said they wont have stock until 2 weeks :(

i got TRU prowl last week. though it looks nice... i think its over priced for what it is.

im getting sunstorm once the sale is on.

drifand
1st September 2014, 11:30 AM
That's not what some has said, they had said there were 4 In each store last week. Innaloo had them and were sold out. One person here in the forum said they only stock a ridiculously 4 units of grimlock at a time and will need to ask head office to replenish when they are gone. I question the business model and the insane cost of shipping for this procedure as I doubt this is true.

Well if is missed is missed.

GoktimusPrime
1st September 2014, 08:58 PM
If I were in your shoes, I would be calling every TRU in Perth every day until I found one with MP Grimlock in stock. I would then ask them to reserve that toy, then get over there ASAP and pick it up. This is what I did when Hasbro MP10 Optimus Prime came out and I managed to get the toy a day after it was first sighted in Sydney. :)
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/avatars/goodluckkamajii_zps717a11c7.jpg Bonne chance mon ami :D

AJ_Prime
1st September 2014, 10:24 PM
no you havent missed it. ive been waiting for tru grimlock for months to use in dino mode collection..

TRU GIMLOCK NOT yet available in perth. i rang TRU and they said they wont have stock until 2 weeks :(

i got TRU prowl last week. though it looks nice... i think its over priced for what it is.

im getting sunstorm once the sale is on.

It might be as someone else has said, that the first lot have sold out already and they are expecting another pallet in a couple of weeks. I'm just speculating, but based on the amount of units that were supposed to be distributed it seems that not all were sent out to the stores at the same time.

Perhaps if your store isn't able to help you it might be worth contacting the head office? They may be able to provide more information.

z3r03d
1st September 2014, 11:35 PM
It might be as someone else has said, that the first lot have sold out already and they are expecting another pallet in a couple of weeks. I'm just speculating, but based on the amount of units that were supposed to be distributed it seems that not all were sent out to the stores at the same time.

Perhaps if your store isn't able to help you it might be worth contacting the head office? They may be able to provide more information.

I already have the Takara MP-8 but i still want this TRU version.

I rang again this afternoon (TRU in Joondalup) and they said the same thing... (stock in 2 weeks).. now i dont really know if this is TRUe or NOT TRUe :) but i will be ringing every 2nd day and if i get a "Yes" from someone i will go and buy 2 straight away......

then maybe get a sunstorm as well........

drifand
11th September 2014, 07:07 PM
My takara sunstorm arrived today. Nice paint job though wished the flames are more prominent and the decepticon logo is upside down unlike acid storm.

I wished the White was duller and not pure white.
There is no stand but with cape and crown. IMO the stand would be more meaningful as he was never crowned.
The plastic looks higher grade than acid storm.

I think this is enough seekers for me, though my hands itch when I see a member here sells his thunder cracker mp on the boards but I have to stop as I needed these two with starscream was enough.

Overall for $145, it isn't too bad, the box was slightly damage but everything else is mint sealed. No complains.