PDA

View Full Version : KO MP Prowl

tinyJazz
30th March 2014, 05:29 PM
Just a heads up dudes. It's been out for a week or so now.

Actionfigurechecklist (http://www.actionfigurechecklist.com/Images/Album/index.php?v=list&i=0&p=Transformers_KnockOff_KO/Masterpiece/Prowl).
8bitboy on tfw2005 did an amusing comparison (http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-3rd-party-discussion/979150-ko-mp-17-prowl-10.html#post10822791) comic. At least it points out the major differences.:D

drifand
30th March 2014, 06:32 PM
wow, the box is non glossy as well this makes it real hard. But saying that you can get the original at maybe $10 more than the original RRP.

Sinnertwin
30th March 2014, 10:59 PM
And no doubt we'll be seeing a KO Bluestreak & Smokecreen shortly :rolleyes:

drifand
30th March 2014, 11:13 PM
And no doubt we'll be seeing a KO Bluestreak & Smokecreen shortly :rolleyes:

Streak yes, Smokescreen maybe harder due to the skirting. And of course I be not too laughing if they decide to release the Diaclone version before Takara does.

5FDP
31st March 2014, 01:33 PM
But, but... an ex-member here single-handedly shut down KOToys and assured us all that the proliferation of KO toys would never happen again :confused: :rolleyes:

drifand
31st March 2014, 04:06 PM
But, but... an ex-member here single-handedly shut down KOToys and assured us all that the proliferation of KO toys would never happen again :confused: :rolleyes:

I dunno where that info came from, I be really surprised if their paint job come as close as the original.

canofwhoopass_87
7th April 2014, 09:50 PM
A KO Prowl? Whah? Seems like a lot of effort for little return

Haha! Gold

ChlorHex
8th April 2014, 10:29 AM
Too many KOs of current releases... This is seriously getting out of hand :mad:
These are current toys still readily available on the market so this will dupe many newbies.
I'm happy that I chose to stay away from the current Masterpieces due to scale.
With these KOs, I'm more unlikely to change my mind as I can't keep up with what's real and what's not.

drifand
8th April 2014, 10:52 AM
If you get them from Japanese online stores, they are all original. I will not say the same for Hong kong online stores, as that is the source of where KOs are appearing from apart from China.

The scale is unlikely to ever change anymore, they are too far in. I hate that they done it, but there is nothing you can do. Annoying as it is, I have moved on and collected what is available of what I like. So far the scaling did not affected my interest as I split MP1 and Megatron to the Binaltech shelf.

Try and not let the scale bug you too much. Is a pain but I let it go.

ChlorHex
8th April 2014, 11:12 AM
If you get them from Japanese online stores, they are all original. I will not say the same for Hong kong online stores, as that is the source of where KOs are appearing from apart from China.

The scale is unlikely to ever change anymore, they are too far in. I hate that they done it, but there is nothing you can do. Annoying as it is, I have moved on and collected what is available of what I like. So far the scaling did not affected my interest as I split MP1 and Megatron to the Binaltech shelf.

Try and not let the scale bug you too much. Is a pain but I let it go.

I understand the change in scale was probably more due to costs, profit margins and to keep the figures affordable but it just throws the original MP collection off a bit... That plus the binaltech stuff.
I do appreciate the newer figures tho...
I just don't buy em :)
Must resist................... :D

drifand
8th April 2014, 11:16 AM
yeah I couldn't seeing they went as far as Bumblebee. It be interesting if the KO's are caught by Nissan or whoever and press charges instead of Tomy Takara.

drifand
8th April 2014, 03:12 PM
btw guys, it is out on Ebay, so please be weary when you buying a cheap mp prowl. It looks like the original.

reillyd
8th April 2014, 06:47 PM
While the comic is funny, to my eyes they seem indistinguishable and I wouldn't know which one was real or not. Glad I ordered at the time of release even if it is missing missile launchers

drifand
9th April 2014, 11:24 AM
Wow some of these sellers are selling it with launchers for $50. This is just bad.
I seen Dr Wu launchers are going for $21 delivered so if you see this, I bet some people would be interested in customizing a bluestreak KO when it is released.

Not sure if anyone had reviewed the KO prowl, but I am sure more are to come.

reillyd
9th April 2014, 06:19 PM
Thanks Drifand, I'll look into a third party set

drifand
10th April 2014, 07:25 AM
Thanks Drifand, I'll look into a third party set

http://chimungmung.com/product_info.php?products_id=1607&osCsid=u0uclsvreamnegcv24iik9n453

If you are just after the launchers. I been thinking whether I wanted one. I may skip it for now as it is not a must for me.

FYI if you do a search on this topic someone has shown videos of the ko prowl, there isn't much of a close up on the badge. The paint work doesn't seem to be as glossy.

DELTAprime
23rd May 2014, 10:38 AM
Ben's Collectables has a review of the KO.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHSHONWxOSU

drifand
23rd May 2014, 11:14 AM
Ben's Collectables has a review of the KO.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHSHONWxOSU

Whats shocking is I saw KO for G2 sideswipe too. :(
Very disappointed to see these KOs coming out direct.

VERT
23rd May 2014, 11:33 AM
Also a new Gold Sideswipe KO........I got one :rolleyes:

drifand
23rd May 2014, 08:09 PM
Looks like paint apps on vehicle mode is not good but as robot is fine.