PDA

View Full Version : Looking for God Ginrai cab wheel

ChlorHex
23rd April 2014, 05:44 PM
Just opened a 15 year old MISB purchase to find a wheel missing from the cab :mad:
Does anyone have a junk Ginrai or PM Optimus cab that you want to get rid off?
I just need a wheel and the screw that holds it in place.
No chrome wear please.
Thanks.

GoktimusPrime
23rd April 2014, 08:01 PM
That's some serious toy opening procrastination right there. :p

The good news is that the wheels on Ginrai and PM Optimus Prime are identical, so if you can find a PM Prime w/ a good condition wheel, then you ought to be able to salvage it. I actually had a spare junker PM Prime a few years ago, but nobody wanted it and I ended up giving it away for free to someone. :o Anyway, finding a spare PM Optimus Prime cab ought to be easier/cheaper than finding a spare Ginrai... there are some parts between those toys that are different, but luckily for you the wheels is not one of them. :cool:

Good luck. :)

ChlorHex
25th April 2014, 02:12 AM
That's some serious toy opening procrastination right there. :p

The good news is that the wheels on Ginrai and PM Optimus Prime are identical, so if you can find a PM Prime w/ a good condition wheel, then you ought to be able to salvage it. I actually had a spare junker PM Prime a few years ago, but nobody wanted it and I ended up giving it away for free to someone. :o Anyway, finding a spare PM Optimus Prime cab ought to be easier/cheaper than finding a spare Ginrai... there are some parts between those toys that are different, but luckily for you the wheels is not one of them. :cool:

Good luck. :)

Thanks Gok :)
I'm on the prowl for me missing wheel!
Come to Papa! :p

Ode to a Grasshopper
27th April 2014, 05:37 PM
I have a junker PM OP that's on the 'to-get-rid-of' list. IIRC the chrome was still good. It's in Australia though, so I won't be able to get at it for another few months. I head back for late July/early-to-mid August every year.

I'm nominally based in Tassie, but this year I'm planning a WA trip to see friends and family, so if you're in Perth I could probably just hand it over to you directly come August. If not then you're still welcome to it, just cover the postage cost is all.:)

If you happen to have any spare parts for a Stalker (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Stalker) figure and/or any of the Predator missiles that'd make for a good trade IMO. Alternately, if you happen across any Peanuts books at second-hand shops (Salvos etc.) my students would love that for some reading material. Japanese kids go nuts for Snoopy.

ChlorHex
28th April 2014, 12:06 PM
I have a junker PM OP that's on the 'to-get-rid-of' list. IIRC the chrome was still good. It's in Australia though, so I won't be able to get at it for another few months. I head back for late July/early-to-mid August every year.

I'm nominally based in Tassie, but this year I'm planning a WA trip to see friends and family, so if you're in Perth I could probably just hand it over to you directly come August. If not then you're still welcome to it, just cover the postage cost is all.:)

If you happen to have any spare parts for a Stalker (http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Stalker) figure and/or any of the Predator missiles that'd make for a good trade IMO. Alternately, if you happen across any Peanuts books at second-hand shops (Salvos etc.) my students would love that for some reading material. Japanese kids go nuts for Snoopy.

I'm not in a rush to grab the wheels... It's been 15 years since this was purchased and with it only recently opened, I think I can wait a couple more months :p
I don't have the parts you seek unfortunately but will look out for the Snoopy stuff for you.
PM me when you're back home.
Thanks mate :)

Ode to a Grasshopper
4th May 2014, 12:35 PM
No worries.:) I'd rather see it put to good use than just sit in a box gathering dust.

I'd probably suggest sending me a reminder about it towards the end of July, just for safety's sake.

Ode to a Grasshopper
24th July 2014, 03:13 PM
Update - many apologies @Chlorhex, but having just looked through my junker box it seems my PM Optimus Prime isn't there after all. I checked through the list and looked through all the packages, but no luck.

I was sure I still had him, sorry dude.:(

ChlorHex
25th July 2014, 01:01 PM
Ah... No problems dude.
These things happen :)
He's been without a wheel for over a decade so yeah, I'm alright with that.
I'll keep looking.
Thanks mate!

Raider
25th July 2014, 02:38 PM
I have an old PM Optimus floating around somewhere but the question is whether there is any chrome wear on them as I wouldn't say that it is in great condition. I'll have a look for you when I get home.

Raider
26th July 2014, 03:26 PM
I had a look but it has pretty bad chrome wear and is a little rusty sorry.

ChlorHex
26th July 2014, 03:56 PM
I had a look but it has pretty bad chrome wear and is a little rusty sorry.

Hey thanks for looking!
I'll keep hunting around for it.