PDA

View Full Version : Power Battler Junkheap official image

griffin
23rd April 2014, 07:24 PM
Partnering up with a waste management company called, "Waste Management", Hasbro has used Earth Day to reveal an upcoming Movie toy called Junkheap (https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=634906209912910&set=a.153259298077606.36631.146805978722938&type=1&stream_ref=10) - a Decepticon that transforms into a garbage truck.

Speculation is that it could be inspired by the TF3 scene of one scanning a garbage truck, and driving off.

Being a Power Battler, it will have a simple transformation and a spring loaded attack gimmick in robot mode. There is no indication of a regular (Generations) version yet, and it may not even be in the movie.

It is certainly one of the more unusual licensed cross-promotional figures, and the first authentic garbage truck Transformers toy (Animated Wreck-Gar was one, but wasn't a realistic garbage truck).

ILikeSoundwave
23rd April 2014, 07:33 PM
I'm pretty sure he'll be in the fourth movie as I remember seeing a video of Galvatron, Stinger and a Garbage truck rolling out together on set.

Autocon
23rd April 2014, 08:22 PM
Looks cheap and nasty from the tyres and those clips. Cool design and waiting for the robot mode.

I think he rolled out at the end of dotm when the space bridge was activated.

griffin
23rd April 2014, 09:10 PM
Powerbattlers are the same price as Deluxes in America ($15), and I think they were a little bigger because they were simpler and chunkier.

Omega Metro
23rd April 2014, 09:50 PM
Not bad for what it is. Is that its head at the top, upside down?

Sinnertwin
24th April 2014, 01:36 AM
I want one

BigTransformerTrev
24th April 2014, 08:51 AM
I want one

Yeah, that alt-mode looks awesome!

BigTransformerTrev
30th June 2015, 08:39 PM
Apparently they have cropped up in a store called TJ Maxx in the states for $6.99 US! Certainly a lot cheaper than the $70 I've seen them on eBay :rolleyes:

http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/age-of-extinction-power-battlers-junkheap-found-at-tj-maxx/33347/

I ended up getting a TAV Junkion from HLJ because I didn't think I'd ever find an affordable Junkheap. But I'd still like to get one since it's more movie-accurate (despite turning into one bot instead of 3) so hopefully this signals they may become a bit more available.

Handsprime
30th June 2015, 08:53 PM
Apparently they have cropped up in a store called TJ Maxx in the states for $6.99 US! Certainly a lot cheaper than the $70 I've seen them on eBay :rolleyes:

http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/age-of-extinction-power-battlers-junkheap-found-at-tj-maxx/33347/

I ended up getting a TAV Junkion from HLJ because I didn't think I'd ever find an affordable Junkheap. But I'd still like to get one since it's more movie-accurate (despite turning into one bot instead of 3) so hopefully this signals they may become a bit more available.

Junkheap and Vehicon are the only power battlers I want, mostly because they didn't get any Generations toys based off them (which would've been awesome, and I'm excluding the breakout battle because that's a different vehicle mode)

Firestorm
30th June 2015, 10:20 PM

hopefully this means Junkheap and Vehicon will show up online somewhere for cheap now then. I wanted to get both of them since they didn't have Generations versoins

UltimateGalvatron
1st July 2015, 07:33 AM
hopefully this means Junkheap and Vehicon will show up online somewhere for cheap now then. I wanted to get both of them since they didn't have Generations versoins

The Vehicon did it was part of the Breakout Battle Platinum Edition Set.

Handsprime
1st July 2015, 08:58 AM
The Vehicon did it was part of the Breakout Battle Platinum Edition Set.

Yes, but like I mentioned it's a different vehicle mode and different robot mode to the Power Battlers version.

swoop
1st July 2015, 10:11 AM
I'm still hoping that they show up at the reject shop in a years time for $10

griffin
1st July 2015, 10:25 AM
I'm still hoping that they show up at the reject shop in a years time for $10

So do I.

I put in a lot of effort to search for a number of discount chains like this one that had sightings in America (for my BotCon trip), and checked out about half a dozen across 4 cities, but no luck. :(

I was lucky to find Junkheap in HK, but they were out for some time that I think I might have found the last one.

But the set is incomplete without Vehicon and Bumblebee, which are both new moulds... and new moulds are the priority (and a shame when they are in a final wave that then sees limited or no release).