PDA

View Full Version : Hasbro MP-03 Grimlock

Pages : [1] 2

Kapryiath
25th April 2014, 03:23 PM
showed up on my FB news feed , thought i'd share

http://www.allspark.com/content/2014/04/toys-r-us-exclusive-hasbro-masterpiece-grimlock-official-images/

and point out that his feet are backwards :o:o:o:o:(:(:confused::confused::confused::p:p:p :D

Sinnertwin
25th April 2014, 03:57 PM
And from what i can see on my phone, the photo of him in robot mode it looks like he only has two T Rex arm digits, as opposed to the three in alt mode.

Kapryiath
25th April 2014, 04:12 PM
And his toes are folded in over his robot hands , and he's literally holding his sword ;)

drifand
25th April 2014, 04:26 PM
Are his toes backwards in alt mode?

ILikeSoundwave
25th April 2014, 05:04 PM

Yep.

I am so getting this, can't wait!:D

jazzcomp
25th April 2014, 06:11 PM
The box art pic is different to the other pic. The toes shouldn't be backward.

Bidoofdude
25th April 2014, 07:46 PM
If it's cheaper than the Takara reissue (which it should be), I'll buy it, though it won't be the same colour as Scoria.

GoktimusPrime
26th April 2014, 08:49 AM
If it's cheaper than the Takara reissue (which it should be)
Not if it follows MP Prowl's precedent of being 1.5x more expensive than TakaraTOMY's price. :(

CBratron
26th April 2014, 09:05 AM
This should be a relief for anyone who missed out on any of the previous releases. The Takara version is what got me back into collecting.

Bidoofdude
26th April 2014, 12:37 PM
Not if it follows MP Prowl's precedent of being 1.5x more expensive than TakaraTOMY's price. :(

I remember someone saying that the US price for this will be $60. If it is indeed the same price as Prowl in the US, that'll be pretty funny (but bad about Prowl). I can pay $100 for this guy.

AJ_Prime
26th April 2014, 04:09 PM
I've been reading that it has less paint apps than the MP-03 version and that it's a lighter grey colour. Can anyone confirm whether either of these rumours is the case? I missed out on the original TRU release of this guy so have nothing to compare the stock pictures to. Thanks.

Kapryiath
26th April 2014, 06:26 PM
it looks to my untrained eye that this version is missing paint aps and is a lighter color

Bumbleb33
26th April 2014, 07:37 PM
The new Hasbro MP-03 Grimlock definitely appears to be lighter than both the original and the recent TakTom re-issue though I suspect this may be the result of poor lighting conditions or overzealous post image editing as the image to my eye appears to have an overall green tinge. That being said the chest does not seem to have the gold chrome that the original or recent re-issue has instead it appears to be have been painted in a matte gold. I guess ultimately only time will tell.

GoktimusPrime
26th April 2014, 11:03 PM
Yeah, it does look like lighter colours -- but as Bumbleb33 said, it could very well be something to do with the lighting/photography. Although arguably lighter colours would be more like the cartoon and also help to make this release more distinct from the four others that have come before it. ;) It does appear to lack the red and white-outlined stripes from the original Hasbro release (although the TakaraTOMY release never had it). My guess is that it would be the Hasbro mould with the shorter and blunter claws (which I suspect is part of their compliance with toy safety standards -- remember that Japanese MPs are explicitly marketed at Ages 15+ and thus exempt from child safety laws).

Sinnertwin
29th April 2014, 09:02 PM
^ & IIRC, his teeth were altered for the Hasbro release too

drifand
30th April 2014, 08:11 AM
So are people going to be hot for this or meh.....?
I have the Asian released version and have not opened mine yet. Was thinking of selling that but seeing this version, I might keep that one instead.

yoshi594
30th April 2014, 02:35 PM
So are people going to be hot for this or meh.....?
I have the Asian released version and have not opened mine yet. Was thinking of selling that but seeing this version, I might keep that one instead.

considering the new movie features Grimlock and has somewhat made him "cool" by being the steed for Optimus, i'd consider this to be hot. Also dont' forget when this guy first came out in TRU...I didn't even get on locally here! got it from RK.

drahsrebu
30th April 2014, 03:28 PM
any tangible evidence on pricing yet?

ILikeSoundwave
30th April 2014, 03:55 PM
Yea, really would like to know how much money to set aside for this. Acid storm was $74.99 over in the U.S and $99.99 here. Someone on Tfw (http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-news-rumors/975855-masterpiece-grimlock-listing-updated-tru-computers.html) has found Grimlock in the systems for $59.99 so I wouldn't expect it to be over $100 here, seeing the price of MP Prowl.

yoshi594
30th April 2014, 03:56 PM
wasn't grimlock 140-150 when he first came out here?

Sinnertwin
30th April 2014, 05:29 PM
wasn't grimlock 140-150 when he first came out here?

Ya, $149.99, which is why i imported my one all those years ago

Megatran
30th April 2014, 05:42 PM
Someone on Tfw has found Grimlock in the systems for $59.99 so I wouldn't expect it to be over $100 here, seeing the price of MP Prowl.

That's incredibly well priced if that's the case. :) I'll pick one up if its under $100 here.

Wasn't his mold degrading? My Asia Exclusive MP Grimlock has loose hip joint. And haven't even bothered to open this year's 30th Anniversary MP Grimlock reissue.

drahsrebu
30th April 2014, 06:08 PM
Around 100 crackers!!!! I'll jump on that.
Securing one is another thing though..

Sinnertwin
30th April 2014, 06:35 PM
That's assuming that TrU get it & Hasbro doesn't mark it up based on the fact that it's a larger figure.

drahsrebu
30th April 2014, 06:46 PM
That's assuming that TrU get it & Hasbro doesn't mark it up based on the fact that it's a larger figure.

yeah assuming:rolleyes: can we be that unlucky :confused:

lobes
30th April 2014, 08:43 PM
I know its blasphemy but if this TRU version is going to be that expensive I might even look into the KO. From what I've heard its a solid figure for the $100 range.

griffin
21st May 2014, 02:47 PM
Shelf tags showing up in America in the last few days have maintained the US$60 price for this Grimlock... which is the same price as the original in August 2010, so it could be a little cheaper than our original AU$150 price, as the exchange rate was about US$0.85 that year.

If the increase is about the same this time, an exchange rate that adds about 15% shouldn't justify a 250% price increase by ToysRUs here.

drifand
21st May 2014, 02:50 PM
that is dirt cheap.

Bidoofdude
21st May 2014, 03:49 PM
Shelf tags showing up in America in the last few days have maintained the US$60 price for this Grimlock... which is the same price as the original in August 2010, so it could be a little cheaper than our original AU$150 price, as the exchange rate was about US$0.85 that year.

If the increase is about the same this time, an exchange rate that adds about 15% shouldn't justify a 250% price increase by ToysRUs here.

Do we have an indication of when he's coming out yet?

i_amtrunks
21st May 2014, 04:14 PM

I anticipate about $150, same as Soundwave. Popular character, with extra attention due to recent movie release = higher profit margin.

Just hope we get a few more in stock than the last two MP's so it does not become a mad dash to get them before ebay scalpers!

ILikeSoundwave
22nd May 2014, 07:26 AM
He's released (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/transformers-masterpiece-47/us-masterpiece-grimlock-re-release-out-180059/) in the U.S

Anyone know when and if he's coming out here?

Megatran
22nd May 2014, 08:36 AM
^ The guy in the photo has 4 boxes of Grimmy in his trolley (that I can see).

So it's confirmed $59.99 for TrU USA. Hopefully the price doesn't get jacked up way too high for TrU Australia.

1AZRAEL1
22nd May 2014, 09:10 AM

So it's confirmed $59.99 for TrU USA. Hopefully the price doesn't get jacked up way too high for TrU Australia.

I reckon he'll be at least $90 here. I'll likely grab him too.

Dinkydarth
22nd May 2014, 09:41 AM
big scandal re the guy buying up and selling them for $150USD.... hope it doesn't happen here!

1AZRAEL1
22nd May 2014, 10:11 AM
big scandal re the guy buying up and selling them for $150USD.... hope it doesn't happen here!

See, that pisses me off. If someone went and bought a heap of em then offload them to fellow fans at cost, that's fine. But to scalp them, that is low.

Dinkydarth
22nd May 2014, 10:32 AM
yeah, I agree... selling them to the TF community at cost is fine. but scalping them for 2-3 times the price is low...

theshape
22nd May 2014, 10:45 AM
Yeah the guy is a moron to post about. Shows pics of him with 6 in a basket then makes a sale thread the same minute

1AZRAEL1
22nd May 2014, 10:52 AM
One sold on ebay at that price, another BIN is $200 :mad::mad::mad:

Sinnertwin
22nd May 2014, 10:56 AM

It was 6 ;). I was bored & had two minutes to myself, so i read through the first few pages. Apparently he's going to act as middleman for some of his friends or put it on his eBay account. Meh

If we do get him, we're probably looking at the $149.99 + mark

Megatran
22nd May 2014, 11:12 AM
If we do get him, we're probably looking at the $149.99 + mark

:eek: That's a huge mark up. :eek:

I reckon he'll be at least $90 here. I'll likely grab him too.

I prefer this reponse. :p I'll grab one too, even though I have several colour decos of this mould.

Now, all we need is release date and stock quantity.

5FDP
22nd May 2014, 11:21 AM
One sold on ebay at that price, another BIN is $200 :mad::mad::mad:

People will pay it though. In an ideal world, if this wasn't the case then scalpers would be out of business leaving toys in the stores. It's not an ideal world. Blame the idiots buying off these scalpers and ruining it for everyone else I say.

1AZRAEL1
22nd May 2014, 11:42 AM
People will pay it though. In an ideal world, if this wasn't the case then scalpers would be out of business leaving toys in the stores. It's not an ideal world. Blame the idiots buying off these scalpers and ruining it for everyone else I say.

I understand your point. But if they buy them all up, then everyone would have no choice but to buy off them at exorbitant prices less we not get the figure at all. I'd love for a scalper to buy em all up and noone buy a single figure off him. But as you say it's not an ideal world.

CBratron
22nd May 2014, 11:59 AM
I understand your point. But if they buy them all up, then everyone would have no choice but to buy off them at exorbitant prices less we not get the figure at all. I'd love for a scalper to buy em all up and noone buy a single figure off him. But as you say it's not an ideal world.

The only way the scalpers win is if they generate a shortage in supply forcing buyers to pay their prices.

It would be great if the production/retail chain can keep putting product on shelves meaning (A) we always have a decently priced alternative or (B) scalpers need to keep buying them up in order to generate that artificial shortage.

The best way of combatting piracy/knockoffs/scalpers has always been to put out a good product at a competitive price.

Other
22nd May 2014, 02:29 PM
And now apparently that guy who brought 6 went around to other TRUs in his area and increased the count to 20. People are really angry and posting his address and stuff.

Blastwave
22nd May 2014, 04:20 PM
And now apparently that guy who brought 6 went around to other TRUs in his area and increased the count to 20. People are really angry and posting his address and stuff.

Anyone know his eBay ID's etc.?

Distribute them far and wide, boycott him and hopefully no-one will buy from him and he'll have to let them go cheap or just enjoy his Grimlock flock/herd himself.

griffin
22nd May 2014, 05:16 PM
He's not selling them on ebay, but people assumed the worst when he boasted about cleaning out the store. (he shouldn't have done that, and other members shouldn't have been abusing him and revealing his home address - both of which are also not a good idea here)

He is though, selling them on the TFW board for $150 and rejecting anyone offering less (http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/items-sale-trade/986159-new-tru-mp-grimlock-misb.html)... which people kept attacking him about being so blatant at being a scalper (there's no rule against it, but he boasted about how many he got in the news section, and then mentions he still has 10 for sale and reports people for having a problem with it), so it got shut down... by one of the staff who didn't seem too impressed by him cheating the system and hiding behind TFW rules to do it.

JUST NOTING - lets just focus the discussion here on the MP Grimlock, not that TFW user.

Sinnertwin
22nd May 2014, 05:23 PM
Nobody's going to make friends posting how many $60 toys you bought only to offer them for sale at $150.

And don't say anything nasty about my prices or i'll report you. What did he expect? Flowers and champagne?

drifand
22nd May 2014, 05:26 PM
Back to our side of things, I think it will be $150 mark, only saying this because Prowl is priced at $90?

Sinnertwin
22nd May 2014, 05:37 PM
Back to our side of things, I think it will be $150 mark, only saying this because Prowl is priced at $90?

Yeah. There's only 7-8c difference in our dollar to when it came out last time so i don't expect it to be any cheaper with the whole movie/toyline being about dinosaurs...

drifand
22nd May 2014, 05:53 PM
It is still cheaper than the Takara version for those who feel a bit pitched that the US get it cheaper.

Not sure how much stock we will get.

Well imagine that was Grimlock and we get someone like this in the US already, needless to say Optimus prime will be worse.

Trent
22nd May 2014, 06:23 PM
I'm amazed at the number of people that don't have a MP Grimlock yet. I thought it was standard issue for a TF fan :confused:

ILikeSoundwave
22nd May 2014, 06:27 PM
I'm amazed at the number of people that don't have a MP Grimlock yet. I thought it was standard issue for a TF fan :confused:

There are constantly new fans being introduced to the Transformers franchise. Plus I never saw Mp Grimlock when he was released here originally.

Bidoofdude
22nd May 2014, 07:26 PM
He's out at US retail (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/transformers-masterpiece-47/us-masterpiece-grimlock-re-release-out-180059/). That was a surprise.

Zippo
22nd May 2014, 07:29 PM
Hope it comes out in AU while I am visiting in July, I still need one to open as I sold my last one while I was unemployed

Magnus
22nd May 2014, 09:40 PM
Tempted - I kind of regret selling my MP Grimlock.

I'm interested in in-hand opinions on build quality, joints, etc. I was considering getting the Asia Exclusive if I could find it at a decent price, but apparently it has loose joints.

Omega Metro
22nd May 2014, 09:42 PM
I kinda want a Mp Grimlock but they are all soooo over priced. :(

jazzcomp
22nd May 2014, 10:32 PM
It's US $60. How much for Oz? If cheap, I'm buying 2 :)

GoktimusPrime
22nd May 2014, 11:08 PM
The AU RRP for the last Hasbro MP Grimlock was about $150 IIRC, so anything up to that would be within reason IMHO.

Wheelie
22nd May 2014, 11:20 PM
I'll hopefully be getting it, does anyone know when it will hit our shores?

griffin
22nd May 2014, 11:37 PM
Last I heard it would be here in July... but still some time off, so that could change.

Sainter4Life
23rd May 2014, 10:44 AM
This is awesome news and should be very affordable considering the Asia re-relase is $220-$250.

Can't wait for this.

CBratron
23rd May 2014, 11:11 AM
There are constantly new fans being introduced to the Transformers franchise. Plus I never saw Mp Grimlock when he was released here originally.

I've still yet to see any Masterpiece on Australian shelves.

drifand
23rd May 2014, 11:26 AM
I've still yet to see any Masterpiece on Australian shelves.

In the past, Toy world brought in Starscream, and then most of the current are all from TRU for exclusive

Sinnertwin
23rd May 2014, 12:14 PM
In the past, Toy world brought in Starscream, and then most of the current are all from TRU for exclusive

& Target, along with others. But I'm pretty sure that CB's aware of where they're sold ;) Finding one on the other hand...

drifand
23rd May 2014, 12:42 PM
& Target, along with others. But I'm pretty sure that CB's aware of where they're sold ;) Finding one on the other hand...

I am not sure how this piece will fair, but the stock amount will see if they learnt from Soundwave's sales.

Would be nice if Target bring in TakaraTomy mp but I think that doesn't happen any more.

Sinnertwin
23rd May 2014, 07:01 PM
I am not sure how this piece will fair, but the stock amount will see if they learnt from Soundwave's sales.

Would be nice if Target bring in TakaraTomy mp but I think that doesn't happen any more.

The Target line was a reference to your comment about past stores that carried MP's. They're obviously not in that market these days.

jazzcomp
24th May 2014, 04:43 PM
The AU RRP for the last Hasbro MP Grimlock was about $150 IIRC, so anything up to that would be within reason IMHO.
Seekers were at A$100 so I believe that should be the max price. I think A$150 is too much.

drifand
25th May 2014, 09:32 PM
But have you guys actually have the Takara Tomy version? It is way bigger than Acidstorm and at least Soundwave package. I am expecting Soundwave's price imo.

jazzcomp
26th May 2014, 07:19 AM
But have you guys actually have the Takara Tomy version? It is way bigger than Acidstorm and at least Soundwave package. I am expecting Soundwave's price imo.
Soundwave includes cassettes.

drifand
26th May 2014, 07:27 AM
Grimlock eats cassettes for breakfast. lol

Sainter4Life
26th May 2014, 10:11 AM

This is so true. :D

Hursticon
26th May 2014, 12:45 PM

This is so true. :D

"SOUNDWAVE: Superior! - EXTINCT REPTILLIAN-BASED SENTRY DRONE: Inferior!" :p
*Edit: Changed font as it was bloody horrible! :o

drifand
26th May 2014, 12:54 PM
"SOUNDWAVE: Superior! - EXTINCT REPTILLIAN-BASED SENTRY DRONE: Inferior!" :p

and his reply would be:

Grimlock: Me Grimlock not kisser! Me Grimlock king!

ILikeSoundwave
26th May 2014, 03:55 PM
I emailed Hasbro a couple days ago about when this would be available here and they said June/July, time to start saving up.

Sinnertwin
26th May 2014, 04:03 PM
I emailed Hasbro a couple days ago about when this would be available here and they said June/July, time to start saving up.

What Hasbro say & what actually transpires may not necessarily be the same. Just look at what happened with Soundwave

drifand
26th May 2014, 04:08 PM
What Hasbro say & what actually transpires may not necessarily be the same. Just look at what happened with Soundwave

yup, also YOTH came in Feb and only released this month.

Mythirax
26th May 2014, 04:51 PM
I wish the American Toys R Us Online would ship out everything they have here :D

Sinnertwin
26th May 2014, 05:02 PM
I wish the American Toys R Us Online would ship out everything they have here :D

We'd be saving some dosh too

Omega Metro
28th May 2014, 07:10 PM
MP-03 Grimlock available on TRU US website........and ships to Australia.
Paid $120.63AU shipped!!:)
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=31372196

yoshi594
28th May 2014, 07:18 PM

That's great! i'm tempted! mmm buy now to ensure I get him? or risk getting it here at a lower/higher price?

theshape
28th May 2014, 07:27 PM

Cant see it being cheaper than that here

yoshi594
28th May 2014, 07:36 PM
just ordered. though not sure why as I have a takara grimlock and the original toys r us release...maybe it's the ocd factor with the mp numbering system? /shrug.

Also Toys R US doesn't allow you to pay in USD so they are essentially making extra money through the exchange rate. Oh well no qualms unless the toy is cheaper here :o.

Cheers omega for the heads up :)

Omega Metro
28th May 2014, 07:43 PM
Cant see it being cheaper than that here

Well, even if it arrives here at $100, which I don't think it will (more like $150), it's only $20 more.......and I know I will get one.

Megatran
28th May 2014, 08:00 PM
It's US$80 on TRU USA site. Wasn't it quoted somewhere as US$60? :confused:

jazzcomp
28th May 2014, 08:35 PM
That's what i thought too. Is that the online price? Diff than store price?

Might be like MP-Prime, it increased by $20 on the second run/re-stock. Is this re-stock?

jazzcomp
28th May 2014, 08:42 PM
From seibertron.com
http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f265/complicated8/imagejpg1.jpg

griffin
28th May 2014, 10:21 PM
That's great! i'm tempted! mmm buy now to ensure I get him? or risk getting it here at a lower/higher price?

It's supposed to be $130 here, but a sale at its release might bring it down $20-30.

Other
28th May 2014, 10:28 PM

That's just TRU marking stuff up once they realize how much it'll sell, they do it all the time. Don't be surprised if it ever goes up again before it sells out.

drahsrebu
28th May 2014, 10:53 PM
Ohhhh mannnn.... Do I or don't I ????

drifand
28th May 2014, 10:59 PM
Looks at my mp8 and looks at TRU, damn.....that's two grimlocks in both modes in my display case.

drifand
28th May 2014, 11:11 PM
Has anyone confirmed this piece has the claws backwards?

drahsrebu
28th May 2014, 11:30 PM
I just went to order him and it say "no international shipping" :confused:

drifand
28th May 2014, 11:41 PM
I just went to order him and it say "no international shipping" :confused:

pretty sure you needed to click on one of the options saying Australia first

mine still says for international shipping click here and then a list of countries.

Dreadnaught83
28th May 2014, 11:57 PM
Done and done, order in! Looking forward to this fella next to the original TRU release in my cabinet!

Now to make enough room in my cabinet... :(

Kazza
29th May 2014, 01:03 AM
Just be prepared guys for some box damage, seeing as how some people ordered soundwave/acidstorm locally last year ended up with some really bad boxes. I'm just going to hold back and pick it up here locally.

jazzcomp
29th May 2014, 01:53 AM
No more online orders. Was just moving to my PC since my ipad isn't supported for international orders and it's gone.

drifand
29th May 2014, 08:58 AM
Just be prepared guys for some box damage, seeing as how some people ordered soundwave/acidstorm locally last year ended up with some really bad boxes. I'm just going to hold back and pick it up here locally.

not much different then boxes being tied with the electronic device on the shelf as well. But I think there are a few who don't really care about the box.

drifand
29th May 2014, 08:59 AM
No more online orders. Was just moving to my PC since my ipad isn't supported for international orders and it's gone.

The item is not even listed anymore. looks to be hotter than Soundwave.

jazzcomp
29th May 2014, 09:23 AM
The item is not even listed anymore. looks to be hotter than Soundwave.
I think grimlock on the secondary market was priced higher than soundwave.
Surprised it was removed, I guess because of the link to notify when available.

drifand
29th May 2014, 09:54 AM
I think it is a good buy for anyone who bought it. When you compare to the Takara Tomy one is doubled the price delivered to your door step.

Of course, there is a 50/50 chance it may be sold cheaper here in Aus, but is a very slim chance.

Then again, what are the differences between this version and the Asian version? All I can see obviously is the foot claw is backwards.

Sinnertwin
29th May 2014, 10:25 AM
His claws look to be the right way around, Drifand. Two on top & one on the bottom

http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/inhand-images-hasbro-transformers-masterpiece-mp03-grimlock/30319/

drifand
29th May 2014, 10:30 AM
His claws look to be the right way around, Drifand. Two on top & one on the bottom

http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/inhand-images-hasbro-transformers-masterpiece-mp03-grimlock/30319/

Are there any main differences? Sorry I just can't tell if there was any.
I thought initially I saw the feet had one claw in front and two at the back or something.

jazzcomp
29th May 2014, 10:40 AM
Older box pics was opposite

Sainter4Life
29th May 2014, 12:22 PM
It's supposed to be $130 here, but a sale at its release might bring it down $20-30.

Hi Griffin, is the $130 price figure from Toys R Us?

Given that it's only $59.95 US it should be around the same price as MP Prowl.

millhouse
29th May 2014, 12:24 PM
Hmm, can't find it on the site. Anyone got a new link?

drifand
29th May 2014, 12:33 PM
Hmm, can't find it on the site. Anyone got a new link?

Is gone, no more links.

drifand
29th May 2014, 12:34 PM

Its not $59.95 on the website.

millhouse
29th May 2014, 12:59 PM
Did anyone by chance order an extra MP-03 Grimlock? Slim chance, I know, but I figured it was worth a shot asking.

griffin
29th May 2014, 03:50 PM
Did anyone by chance order an extra MP-03 Grimlock? Slim chance, I know, but I figured it was worth a shot asking.

They limited it to one per customer. A limit was a great idea to limit scalping, but a limit of 2 would have helped people long-distance pair up with someone to save a little on shipping.
If they sold out already, they mustn't have had many in-stock online. Or TRU stores in other countries complained about it being cheaper than theirs and they put a stop to it.

That is said to be the TRU price here. One-off items can't be compared to other one-off items when it comes to pricing... especially store exclusive items.
They aren't like Deluxe class toys, which you would expect to be the same price at the same store-chain.

Sainter4Life
29th May 2014, 04:07 PM
Its not $59.95 on the website.

It is $59.95 in store though, not sure why the online price is $20 more...

griffin
29th May 2014, 04:09 PM
If I recall, they did the same thing with MP Optimus a couple years ago. It was $20 more online, and then the stores bumped up theirs up to match.

drifand
29th May 2014, 04:19 PM
Please remember that prices are an invitation for consumers to accept and purchase it has nothing to do with an agreement that they broke any contract.
RRP = recommended retail price and not a must follow guide.

One can say "you are a fool, to buy it" but if it turns out to be cheaper than Aust prices, then I don't think it was a bad purchase.

I will even think anything below $150 mark is a good price if you want to compare the Asian Grimlock release and still whinge about prices.

IMO anyone who order those yesterday are at least rest assured in some way and not needing to worry about it over here. For $120 delivered, you can hardly go badly wrong in honesty.

Omega Metro
29th May 2014, 04:22 PM
Please remember that prices are an invitation for consumers to accept and purchase it has nothing to do with an agreement that they broke any contract.

One can say "you are a fool, to buy it" but if it turns out to be cheaper than Aust prices, then I don't think it was a bad purchase.

I will even think anything below $150 mark is a good price if you want to compare the Asian Grimlock release and still whinge about prices.

IMO anyone who order those yesterday are at least rest assured in some way and not needing to worry about it over here. For $120 delivered, you can hardly go badly wrong in honesty.

Providing they complete THEIR end of the deal and actually ship it out. Kinda thinking they are going to cancel my order.

yoshi594
29th May 2014, 04:25 PM

http://www.amazon.com/Bandai-Rangers-Legacy-Dragon-Dagger/dp/B00I8OSDU4

You sound very lawyer like lol. I just learnt contract law this semester. He's right that the price they present to you is an invitation to treat. It is up to you to accept that price or counter offer.

But yeah the online prices are marked up cos international users can purchase the item. Look at the Legacy Green Ranger Dragon Dagger. In store it's 69.99, but it's listed as 99.99 online. http://www.toysrus.com/buy/movies-music-tv/power-rangers-legacy-dragon-dagger-96840-24693246

If anyone is interested in the dagger, it's 79.99 at good ol' amazon :)

drifand
29th May 2014, 04:42 PM
Providing they complete THEIR end of the deal and actually ship it out. Kinda thinking they are going to cancel my order.

Well...no harm done, you tried. They did said that they will only charge your credit card when they ship out the order.

drifand
29th May 2014, 04:46 PM
You sound very lawyer like lol. I just learnt contract law this semester. He's right that the price they present to you is an invitation to treat. It is up to you to accept that price or counter offer.

If anyone is interested in the dagger, it's 79.99 at good ol' amazon :)

Kind of learned that quite a long time ago. Its the same as scalpers, I don't like them and I don't need to support them. Nobody is forcing you to get it, they are there for a profit, not for donations. lol

Is just like Good guys, you see a ipad offered lower online but in store is higher, you also do a counter offer if you wish to ask the store to let you have it cheaper.

Megatran
29th May 2014, 10:09 PM
*snip*

Of course, there is a 50/50 chance it may be sold cheaper here in Aus, but is a very slim chance.

*snip*

Your logic is impeccable I am unable to provide a rebuttal. :p

drifand
29th May 2014, 11:05 PM
Your logic is impeccable I am unable to provide a rebuttal. :p

To be honest though, if you just compare it to paying any Takara Grimlock or the KO out there. IS A WIN at $120 delivered. I cannot find any original other than being in US to get such a deal.

Waiting for it may pay off, and it may not. Like said, I don't think you really loose in the end unless TRU here sells it at $80.

ons
29th May 2014, 11:58 PM
I tried to order it online last night, but my payment wasn't finishing and hung at the credit card window. The first time it asked for a code that was sent to my mobile and then it froze after submitting the code. I assumed it didn't go through, so I tried many more times after but I didn't get as far as inputting the mobile code.

But I just received an e-mail reporting that it's been shipped. Hopefully I bought just the one and didn't order 5-10 more from my further attempts!

Omega Metro
30th May 2014, 12:19 AM
Mines been shipped also. I was a bit concerned it wasn't gonna happen.:)

drifand
30th May 2014, 07:34 AM
Mines been shipped also. I was a bit concerned it wasn't gonna happen.:)

good luck.:)

philby
30th May 2014, 10:06 AM
I asked about it at the local toys r us and they didn't have anything on their system yet they said, but might show up in a month or so, hopefully we get it for a decent price! :confused:

drifand
30th May 2014, 10:12 AM
I asked about it at the local toys r us and they didn't have anything on their system yet they said, but might show up in a month or so, hopefully we get it for a decent price! :confused:

I be more worried about getting one, is another issue.

Other
30th May 2014, 10:56 AM
I tried to order it online last night, but my payment wasn't finishing and hung at the credit card window. The first time it asked for a code that was sent to my mobile and then it froze after submitting the code. I assumed it didn't go through, so I tried many more times after but I didn't get as far as inputting the mobile code.

But I just received an e-mail reporting that it's been shipped. Hopefully I bought just the one and didn't order 5-10 more from my further attempts!

Ha, that happened to me with the platinum bruticus set when it was on sale once, ended up with 3 of them, managed to sell the extra 2 off for enough to break even on the extra charges. TRU's site is just awful. That said check your credit card to be safe and next time use paypal to pay as the transaction will immediately show up in your transaction history so you can know whether it went through or not when it gets hairy like that

philby
30th May 2014, 12:02 PM

well if you do end up with some extras i might be interested :)

griffin
3rd June 2014, 04:32 AM
After Tober sent me a link (http://higekumatoytoy.blog60.fc2.com/blog-entry-2090.html) to finally prove to me that MP Acid Storm was imported and sold in Japan (the exact same toy and exact same packaging, minus black outer sleeve, and an EXTRA instruction sheet is in Japanese and says MP-11A, WITH the original Hasbro instruction sheet saying MP-01), it looks like TRU Japan may have done it again with Grimlock (http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-news-rumors/987510-toys-us-japan-gets-grimlock-re-release.html) (releasing the American toy in its American packaging)... but the photo is vague as to where it was taken.

drifand
3rd June 2014, 07:35 AM
I won't be surprise how expensive it will be compared to their original release.

Now, what actually puts me off is how much Hasbro HK has marked up the price on their end with their initial reissue at US$169.90 and the Asia Exclusive which was just a bloody white box ended up at $300.

Especially they are all China made, it is really bad to see a big price difference.

Dreadnaught83
10th June 2014, 09:41 AM
Well, finally got confirmation that Grim has been shipped from TRU.

Anyone else had theirs shipped/received as yet? If so, how long approx did it take to get to you?

Omega Metro
10th June 2014, 09:56 AM
Well, finally got confirmation that Grim has been shipped from TRU.

Anyone else had theirs shipped/received as yet? If so, how long approx did it take to get to you?

Mine was shipped on the 29/5. Still don't have it but should be any day now according to the tracking.

drifand
10th June 2014, 01:49 PM
Mine was shipped on the 29/5. Still don't have it but should be any day now according to the tracking.

mine arrived.

didn't took long, expected end of the week but is here

yoshi594
10th June 2014, 02:03 PM
mine arrived.

didn't took long, expected end of the week but is here

mine as well. Box isn't 100% perfect and it wasn't beaten up.

Omega Metro
10th June 2014, 03:28 PM
Yep mine came today also.
Very well packed. Stupid instructions only have 'changing to robot' but he is already in robot mode!:mad: if you are not familiar with its transformation, it is a nightmare. Just spent the past hour on YouTube.:mad:
But he is well worth it! ...Beautiful!:D

https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3871/14408668713_1e04d1c65b.jpg

yoshi594
10th June 2014, 04:40 PM
Yep mine came today also.
Very well packed. Stupid instructions only have 'changing to robot' but he is already in robot mode!:mad: if you are not familiar with its transformation, it is a nightmare. Just spent the past hour on YouTube.:mad:
But he is well worth it! ...Beautiful!:D

http://flic.kr/p/nXfcdD

how's the quality of it? I might not open mine as I already own and display the original toys R us release of Grimlock

Omega Metro
10th June 2014, 04:56 PM
how's the quality of it? I might not open mine as I already own and display the original toys R us release of Grimlock

It seems ok. I don't really have anything to compare it to. Plastic seems fairly strong. No loose joints but does have a wobbly waist but doesn't concern me. I really like it.:)

lobbing
10th June 2014, 10:29 PM
MP Grimlock is back on Toysrus.com in case anyone missed it the first time. Price is still USD$79.99.

yoshi594
10th June 2014, 10:31 PM
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=31372196&cp&parentPage=search

the link incase you can't find it. http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=31372196&cp&parentPage=search

z3r03d
11th June 2014, 12:12 AM
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=31372196&cp&parentPage=search

the link incase you can't find it. http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=31372196&cp&parentPage=search

how long did it take to receive it?

Omega Metro
11th June 2014, 12:25 AM
how much was shipping to au?

When I bought it a few weeks ago, it came to $120AU shipped.

millhouse
11th June 2014, 12:43 AM
I f***ing hate ToysRUs.com, I really do.

Using Google Chrome on a Mac, it appears to have processed the payment (via iParcel) yet not sent me through to the Toys R Us website afterwards to finish creating the order (I still have the item in my cart).

So, it's allocated funds on my credit card, and not created the order through the Toys R Us website.

Any suggestions on a browser that actually works on that damn site? Any time I've ordered, it's been a complete clusterf***.

millhouse
11th June 2014, 12:53 AM
Tried in Firefox. Twice. Apparently my credit card details are incorrect (not true).

Trying to pay via PayPal results in being told that they don't offer international shipping.

Seriously, what the hell am I doing wrong? Ugh.

jazzcomp
11th June 2014, 07:12 AM
Tried in Firefox. Twice. Apparently my credit card details are incorrect (not true).

Trying to pay via PayPal results in being told that they don't offer international shipping.

Answer :)

pretty sure you needed to click on one of the options saying Australia first

mine still says for international shipping click here and then a list of countries.

Shirokaze
11th June 2014, 07:37 AM
Can't believe I missed this again :(

drifand
11th June 2014, 09:09 AM
The box size is very similar to Soundwave, I am thinking TRU Australia will sell it at previous Soundwave price. Can't believe why Takara Tomy's one is so much bigger.

My box is in perfect condition. Overall a good purchase.

millhouse
11th June 2014, 09:15 AM
Answer :)
No, I did that.

I've ordered a few times from Toys r Us online and everytime results in issues, primarily due to the iParcel part.

Omega Metro
11th June 2014, 09:20 AM
The box size is very similar to Soundwave, I am thinking TRU Australia will sell it at previous Soundwave price. Can't believe why Takara Tomy's one is so much bigger.

My box is in perfect condition. Overall a good purchase.

When I received the package from the postie, it felt sooooo light. And quite a small box. Surprised it didn't get damaged one way or another.
But the whole transaction went smoothly. From Buying and paying to receiving.

Sorry Millhouse. Don't know what to suggest to you.

jazzcomp
11th June 2014, 09:28 AM
Did Omega/drifand use I-parcel like Millhouse?

jazzcomp
11th June 2014, 09:29 AM
No, I did that.

I've ordered a few times from Toys r Us online and everytime results in issues, primarily due to the iParcel part.
Try dialing the customer service #?

I tried international shipping just to check the total cost but opted to ship it to a friend in the US in the end.

International shipping wouldn't work on Chrome on my Ipad though. Had to shift to a regular PC with firefox. Still had a bug since I couldn't sign up correctly after the purchase.

jazzcomp
11th June 2014, 09:33 AM
Can't believe I missed this again :(
Got the email around 4pm yesterday but the link didn't work until I checked around 7pm or so.

But damn that was quick. We only have the advantage of ordering since it's late night in the US once morning hits and everyone orders, they're gone. :eek:

I missed it last time so I took the risk and ordered it this time.

Omega Metro
11th June 2014, 09:52 AM

I-Parcel is just the default choice I think.

drifand
11th June 2014, 09:56 AM

What is that? Parcel locker?
For this no, I deliver it to my office as I thought it might be a private courier and decided NOT to risk it.

drifand
11th June 2014, 09:58 AM
Got the email around 4pm yesterday but the link didn't work until I checked around 7pm or so.

But damn that was quick. We only have the advantage of ordering since it's late night in the US once morning hits and everyone orders, they're gone. :eek:

I missed it last time so I took the risk and ordered it this time.

I actually hesitated, as I was thinking Australia will have it then it occurred to me that is even cheaper than a KO Grimlock out there delivered.

Was thinking of giving it as a present to my cousin anyway so, it is a good purchase overall.

griffin
11th June 2014, 01:32 PM
I-parcel is just a contract 3rd-party company that takes the orders, grabs the stock if it is still available (due to time delay, since they aren't TRU), and ships the stock... for a commission.

As such, they are impossible to contact or query about missing/out-of-stock items.

If MP Grimlock is now not working, perhaps they removed it's international-shipping status, to protect their sister TRU stores who are charging a lot more.

millhouse
11th June 2014, 01:33 PM
Could anyone please advise what platform (Windows/Mac) and which browser(s) they have successfully placed an order with Toys R Us on?

yoshi594
11th June 2014, 01:36 PM

at the checkout where you see your cart, there should be an american flag. click on it to change it to australia

drifand
11th June 2014, 01:37 PM
at the checkout where you see your cart, there should be an american flag. click on it to change it to australia

Isn't it ALL gone? As in TRU US has removed the link?

yoshi594
11th June 2014, 01:42 PM
Isn't it ALL gone? As in TRU US has removed the link?

yea. it's weird that I didn't see all the replies to millhouse's post.

oh well.

Oh and I ordered him using chrome on my retina macbook pro. payment via paypal.

millhouse
11th June 2014, 02:08 PM

Cheers for the info. I'll cross my fingers for a third chance and try PayPal next time!

drifand
11th June 2014, 02:08 PM
yea. it's weird that I didn't see all the replies to millhouse's post.

oh well.

Well if he is still seeing it, then is a caching issue, meaning clear your cache and you will no longer see this link or in your cart. attempting to order something that is not there would not be possible.

millhouse
11th June 2014, 02:23 PM
If you're referring to me, it wasn't a caching issue, as I gave up and went to bed! :P

drifand
11th June 2014, 02:33 PM
If you're referring to me, it wasn't a caching issue, as I gave up and went to bed! :P

Ur yes, but the link was removed long ago, I think it lasted less than one day after the link was posted.

millhouse
11th June 2014, 03:26 PM
Ur yes, but the link was removed long ago, I think it lasted less than one day after the link was posted.

Both times the link has been posted, it has been posted late at night WA time and gone by morning.

griffin
11th June 2014, 06:08 PM

The link was back for a day (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?p=419606#post419606), then gone again.

Magnus
11th June 2014, 08:26 PM
It seems ok. I don't really have anything to compare it to. Plastic seems fairly strong. No loose joints but does have a wobbly waist but doesn't concern me. I really like it.:)

That's reassuring - reports of loose joints and particularly super-tight knees were putting me off buying it if/when it hits local stores. Does anyone else who's received theirs have any opinion on build quality?

millhouse
13th June 2014, 12:35 PM
Okay, so right now, from the second night MP-03 Grimlock went on sale, I have...

a) a charge on my credit card (pending) for Toys R Us.
b) no order in my Toys R Us account

I have no idea what the eff is going on. That being said, if that charge drops off, I won't be complaining. Last time I ordered from Toys R Us US all the boxes were demolished!

drifand
13th June 2014, 01:16 PM
Mine is perfect no issues

ons
13th June 2014, 11:15 PM
My box came in excellent condition and it was well packaged.

A great looking figure! Only downside is that in robot form the leg joints are a bit wonky. Since it's top heavy if you make a slight pose adjustment he ends up doing the splits lol. Good thing I'll have him in dinosaur mode anyway.

Freya
17th June 2014, 05:39 PM
its up again at TRU but price is $79.99

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=31372196&cp=&parentPage=search

millhouse
17th June 2014, 05:44 PM

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=31372196&cp=&parentPage=search

Great for those still chasing it!

IIRC, online price has always been $79.99 - it was $59.99 in store (all stores? some stores?).

Either way, you're looking at about $120 shipped to AU for it off the website at the moment.

trukai
17th June 2014, 08:36 PM
Just as I was paying this comes up:

Error 500--Internal Server Error

From RFC 2068 Hypertext Transfer Protocol -- HTTP/1.1:

10.5.1 500 Internal Server Error

The server encountered an unexpected condition which prevented it from fulfilling the request.

GG

Omega Metro
17th June 2014, 10:07 PM
Weird how a lot of people seem to be having trouble with the TRU U.S site. Mine went through smooth as. Not dramas what so ever.

trukai
17th June 2014, 10:11 PM
Weird how a lot of people seem to be having trouble with the TRU U.S site. Mine went through smooth as. Not dramas what so ever.

I have the paypal confirmation sending payment to i-parcel but nothing else. Wonder how long that will take to be refunded and if I would be better off putting through credit card direct.

Don't want to end up with multiples.

drifand
17th June 2014, 11:20 PM
I have the paypal confirmation sending payment to i-parcel but nothing else. Wonder how long that will take to be refunded and if I would be better off putting through credit card direct.

Don't want to end up with multiples.

You should get a confirmation order from TRU and a paypal statement for iparcel.

If you got none, means you didn't get any. And I mean the email should have reached you within 10 minutes.

drifand
17th June 2014, 11:21 PM
When is Australia going to release their's anyway? seems like forever.

millhouse
17th June 2014, 11:33 PM
If you got none, means you didn't get any. And I mean the email should have reached you within 10 minutes.

Not true. I got charged and don't have an order in their system. I'm trying to figure that out ATM.

Omega Metro
17th June 2014, 11:39 PM
Here's one on Gumtree in Perth if anyone is desperate.

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/cloverdale/toys-indoor/transformers-masterpiece-grimlock-mp-03-by-hasbro-tru-exclusive/1049496266

Shirokaze
17th June 2014, 11:45 PM

Thanks for the heads up Freya, I've finally been able to get one :)

Paid via paypal, and received confirmation from toysRus@i-parcel.com

Hiccup free process for me.

I do get the warning at the top of the email "Be careful! This sender failed our fraud detection checks" so perhaps it's triggering some people's spam filters?

drifand
17th June 2014, 11:51 PM
Not true. I got charged and don't have an order in their system. I'm trying to figure that out ATM.

It will be true for whoever uses Paypal. Only because I know Paypal will show any movement in transactions no halfway crap.

drifand
17th June 2014, 11:53 PM
And it seems like is sold out?

danny-boy
18th June 2014, 02:50 AM
Just as I was paying this comes up:

Error 500--Internal Server Error

From RFC 2068 Hypertext Transfer Protocol -- HTTP/1.1:

10.5.1 500 Internal Server Error

The server encountered an unexpected condition which prevented it from fulfilling the request.

GG

I got the same error. Toys R Us have taken $118 from my credit card but I haven't received an email confirming my order. Will wait and see if they ship it out.

Freya
18th June 2014, 07:52 AM
How you guys manage to get it post to Australia, I'm using my friend address in US, then he will post it to me.

Shirokaze
18th June 2014, 08:03 AM
How you guys manage to get it post to Australia, I'm using my friend address in US, then he will post it to me.

When in the shopping cart BEFORE going to checkout, there is an "Order Summary" section down the bottom. There is a criteria saying "Estimated Shipping and Handling" within, and just below that there is the option "For International Shipping, click here".

From there you will be asked to select your country and then you can checkout as normal via I-Parcel.

Freya
18th June 2014, 08:21 AM
^ thanks, know for next time.

drifand
18th June 2014, 09:44 AM
^ thanks, know for next time.

It has a note "For international customers, click here" and then select country and then it will start giving you totals I think from what I remembered.

Other
18th June 2014, 11:46 AM

That's what's happens to me whenever I order from there, I just leave it alone and shortly after I get a shipping notice from I-Parcel. Yes their system is just that consistently garbage.

I got the same error. Toys R Us have taken $118 from my credit card but I haven't received an email confirming my order. Will wait and see if they ship it out.

That's also happened to me before and why I use paypal now since I can see whether the charge went through a bit quicker. Odds are you'll recieve a shipping notice and never get the order confirmation.

My box came in excellent condition and it was well packaged.

A great looking figure! Only downside is that in robot form the leg joints are a bit wonky. Since it's top heavy if you make a slight pose adjustment he ends up doing the splits lol. Good thing I'll have him in dinosaur mode anyway.

Apparently you can fix that a bit by disassembling the hips and cleaning them as part of the problem is excess mold release agent lubricating them. Haven't tried it yet myself

philby
18th June 2014, 06:53 PM
Hmm. I can see the item on the website, but the 'add to cart' button is grayed out and a popup says 'This item is unavailable and cannot be added to your cart.'. I suppose I missed the boat!

I don't have any of the previous releases, what are the differences with this one? I suppose I can wait to see when it comes out here, or maybe order a previous one online from somewhere.

drifand
18th June 2014, 07:07 PM
Hmm. I can see the item on the website, but the 'add to cart' button is grayed out and a popup says 'This item is unavailable and cannot be added to your cart.'. I suppose I missed the boat!

I don't have any of the previous releases, what are the differences with this one? I suppose I can wait to see when it comes out here, or maybe order a previous one online from somewhere.

I think the fiddley accessories from Takara Tomy are not in the Hasbro version, but all the main gun, sword and crown are there.

Keep checking the website or wait for Australian TRU to release.

drifand
18th June 2014, 07:43 PM
Singapore TRU is selling theirs at $170 AU. :eek:
Not a good sign for Australia.

trukai
19th June 2014, 12:05 AM
I used paypal and see the payment as 'completed' in paypal but that's about it. No confirmation from toys r us, no order history.

Guess will have to wait and see.

drifand
19th June 2014, 12:18 AM
I used paypal and see the payment as 'completed' in paypal but that's about it. No confirmation from toys r us, no order history.

Guess will have to wait and see.

And you didn't get a paypal email? check your spam filters.

trukai
19th June 2014, 01:06 AM
And you didn't get a paypal email? check your spam filters.

Yeah I got the paypal email.

But guess what, I now have a confirmation email from toysrus@i-parcel confirming my order.

The order still doesn't appear in my toys r us order page.

No idea how their system works..

danny-boy
19th June 2014, 03:42 AM
That's also happened to me before and why I use paypal now since I can see whether the charge went through a bit quicker. Odds are you'll recieve a shipping notice

Yeah just got a shipping notice from iparcel.

drifand
19th June 2014, 07:36 AM
Looks like the majority are getting from US where possible. :)

AJ_Prime
19th June 2014, 11:44 PM
If it's any consolation Drifand, I haven't received an i-parcel email either. I got the on-screen confirmation after the order was completed but nothing since. Money has been deducted from bank account so I'm hoping maybe the i-parcel emails are not done in order. Might receive something within next couple of days hopefully...

drifand
20th June 2014, 07:12 AM
If it's any consolation Drifand, I haven't received an i-parcel email either. I got the on-screen confirmation after the order was completed but nothing since. Money has been deducted from bank account so I'm hoping maybe the i-parcel emails are not done in order. Might receive something within next couple of days hopefully...

Well the last time I gotten a dispatched email but it looks like a number of you are having problems regardless it was paid credit or Paypal.

AJ_Prime
20th June 2014, 01:51 PM
OK so that's weird. The transaction on my credit card has now disappeared, like it was never paid. No reimbursement, just not there and account balance is as if it was never purchased. So looks like it might have fallen through. Which would explain the lack of email. Well that sucks.

EDIT: OK so I rang the bank, it's holding until TRU process the payment. So will probably have to wait until that happens before I-parcel email is sent. Paypal transactions probably went through their system instantly.

drifand
20th June 2014, 02:09 PM
I hope you get it, fingers cross for you. :)
keep us updated.

AJ_Prime
20th June 2014, 07:17 PM
Cheers dude will do. I'll also post time taken to deliver so others can get an idea of how long to expect until it arrives.

drifand
24th June 2014, 09:10 AM
Have you guys heard anything? seems quite quiet lately.

Omega Metro
24th June 2014, 09:19 AM
Have you guys heard anything? seems quite quiet lately.
It's just the calm before the storm. It will be madness at your local TRU pretty soon I think.;):D

AJ_Prime
24th June 2014, 12:46 PM
Nothing yet, the funds from the transaction are still unavailable waiting to be processed from their side. Not sure what the hold up is.

I'm hoping it's just taking a bit longer for the banks to talk to each other being an international transaction. Or maybe they're waiting on the exchange rate to go in their benefit before they release the funds?

Dreadnaught83
24th June 2014, 01:33 PM
Finally got mine through after ordering on the 28th of May.

So for anyone who ordered recently you're looking at roughly 4 weeks turn-around from payment to your doorstep!

drifand
24th June 2014, 01:37 PM

So for anyone who ordered recently you're looking at roughly 4 weeks turn-around from payment to your doorstep!

That was long while I gotten mine way back. wow such a difference.

drifand
24th June 2014, 01:38 PM
Nothing yet, the funds from the transaction are still unavailable waiting to be processed from their side. Not sure what the hold up is.

I'm hoping it's just taking a bit longer for the banks to talk to each other being an international transaction. Or maybe they're waiting on the exchange rate to go in their benefit before they release the funds?

I thought they already charged you in Australian dollars so there isn't and benefit in any way. Pretty sure that was how mine was previously.

But yeah....seems a bit slow for you guys.

danny-boy
26th June 2014, 10:49 AM

4 weeks? Mine was shipped last Thursday and I got it today, exactly 7 days.

drifand
26th June 2014, 10:52 AM

Did they send you a notice that it was shipped?

Dreadnaught83
26th June 2014, 11:31 AM

I queried iParcel about a week after I ordered, and they mentioned that they were awaiting stock to arrive at their warehouse from TRU's warehouse before they could ship.

When they did finally ship it took around the same - 7 to 8 days.

drifand
26th June 2014, 11:49 AM
looks like there is a delay for some of you in the latest order.

millhouse
26th June 2014, 12:26 PM
I queried iParcel about a week after I ordered, and they mentioned that they were awaiting stock to arrive at their warehouse from TRU's warehouse before they could ship.

Hey mate, have you got contact details for iParcel?

danny-boy
26th June 2014, 03:23 PM
Did they send you a notice that it was shipped?

Yeah. I ordered last week on Tuesday night. Got the unexpected error page when processing payment. I let it go. Got the shipped email from iparcel last week on Thursday. Arrived this Thursday morning.

danny-boy
26th June 2014, 03:25 PM

Oh ok they were waiting for stock. Fair enough.

Dreadnaught83
26th June 2014, 03:35 PM
Hey mate, have you got contact details for iParcel?

Sure thing bud, I used the below e-mail address and just had to quote my order number:

trackmyparcel@i-parcel.com

They responded same day, I was pretty happy with the customer service!

trukai
26th June 2014, 09:44 PM
Yeah. I ordered last week on Tuesday night. Got the unexpected error page when processing payment. I let it go. Got the shipped email from iparcel last week on Thursday. Arrived this Thursday morning.

Same here

AJ_Prime
26th June 2014, 10:47 PM
Weird. My transaction went through ok on the day I ordered, received on screen confirmation and everything (although stupid me didn't write down the number).

I emailed Toys R Us yesterday about it, as the funds are still waiting to be transferred from my bank account (I phoned them today, they've been approved since 19/06/2014).

Toys R Us couldn't find any details of my order in their database (from all the other information I provided them regarding the order, email address, contact number etc). They suggested I contact I-Parcel.

So just sent an email off to them now. This is weird. I really hope they have a record of the order. It's frustrating being so close to acquiring this guy yet so much doubt still lingers....

Edit: Oh man, just got another email from Toys R Us. They advised that they have no record of the order and the funds in holding will become available in my bank account again after 7-10 days. So disappointed my order dropped off their system, especially after receiving on screen confirmation. Geez I hope they get more in stock soon.

drifand
27th June 2014, 09:11 AM
So you emailed ToysRus and not iparcel? Looks like they couldn't commit to the orders and is totally sold out.

AJ_Prime
27th June 2014, 09:30 AM
Got an email from I-parcel this morning (I emailed them last night). They have a record of the order but are waiting on TRU to provide the item to them for shipping. It's strange that I-parcel have a record of the order but TRU don't. Can't understand how that happens. Meanwhile my funds are still being held awaiting processing. How can TRU not have a record of it when everyone else does? Must be a glitch in their system. I've emailed TRU again with the I-parcel details but I'm not holding my breath.

drifand
27th June 2014, 09:36 AM
Got an email from I-parcel this morning (I emailed them last night). They have a record of the order but are waiting on TRU to provide the item to them for shipping. It's strange that I-parcel have a record of the order but TRU don't. Can't understand how that happens. Meanwhile my funds are still being held awaiting processing. How can TRU not have a record of it when everyone else does? Must be a glitch in their system. I've emailed TRU again with the I-parcel details but I'm not holding my breath.

I got this sinking feeling is they cannot fill the order dude. :(
That kind of sucks if they didn't reserve the stock and put your order through.

Shirokaze
27th June 2014, 10:10 AM
I contacted iParcel too, and this is what I got:

"Thank you for contacting i-Parcel. We show that we have been pre-alerted on from the Merchant that your parcel has been sent to our facility for processing.

At this time we have not received the physical parcel at our processing facility from the Merchant. "

AJ_Prime
27th June 2014, 10:12 AM
I contacted iParcel too, and this is what I got:

"Thank you for contacting i-Parcel. We show that we have been pre-alerted on from the Merchant that your parcel has been sent to our facility for processing.

At this time we have not received the physical parcel at our processing facility from the Merchant. "

Yep, that's the same message I received. Oh well, hopefully we'll acquire one when it's released in Oz...

I have the same feeling you do drifand...

drifand
27th June 2014, 10:58 AM
Yep, that's the same message I received. Oh well, hopefully we'll acquire one when it's released in Oz...

I have the same feeling you do drifand...

I already had mine, was just concerned for you guys.

AJ_Prime
27th June 2014, 12:01 PM
Thanks dude.

Wheelie
5th July 2014, 08:46 PM
Are we still getting this in ausland?

Bidoofdude
5th July 2014, 08:49 PM
Are we still getting this in ausland?

Yes, apparently this month. Could we later though, as seen from previous years.

drifand
5th July 2014, 09:01 PM
Looks to me wasted opportunity by TRU when the iron is hot with the movie release. Very disappointing.

Sinnertwin
5th July 2014, 09:02 PM
Looks to me wasted opportunity by TRU when the iron is hot with the movie release. Very disappointing.

Movie or not, he'll sell.
Wait for a sighting & all the members & scalpers will be on the move

drifand
5th July 2014, 09:05 PM
Movie or not, he'll sell.

yes I guess, just not great when almost everywhere else have released theirs?

Sinnertwin
5th July 2014, 09:06 PM
yes I guess, just not great when almost everywhere else have released theirs?

Let them have it. We'll get ours soon enough

drifand
5th July 2014, 09:58 PM
I have not seen any release date confirmation nor prices though.

z3r03d
5th July 2014, 10:24 PM
I'm waiting as well and been checking.. Nothing so far..

danny-boy
6th July 2014, 10:22 PM
Not really a fan of this version of Grimlock. I've put it on eBay for $120 with the Scoria add on parts to give him the extra height to fit in with the MP line. Hopefully I get my money back. If not I'll sell it at a loss. Oh well.

z3r03d
6th July 2014, 10:36 PM
Not really a fan of this version of Grimlock. I've put it on eBay for $120 with the Scoria add on parts to give him the extra height to fit in with the MP line. Hopefully I get my money back. If not I'll sell it at a loss. Oh well.

im curious.... PM sent

z3r03d
6th July 2014, 11:29 PM
and still waiting; been checking.. Nothing so far..

drifand
7th July 2014, 11:13 AM
Masterpiece Grimlock MP-03 will be released in a few weeks time

Order > 900 for TRU stores

Price $130.00

So anyone gotten the US stock were up in front $10

z3r03d
7th July 2014, 10:34 PM
Masterpiece Grimlock MP-03 will be released in a few weeks time

Order > 900 for TRU stores

Price $130.00

So anyone gotten the US stock were up in front $10

cool!! cant wait.... really want 2 of these!!! :)

philby
25th July 2014, 09:47 AM
so has there been any concrete official word on when we are getting this here? some people have said july, or october, or 'a few weeks'.

Also, how has everyone gone who ordered off the american TRU website? Arrived?

Dreadnaught83
25th July 2014, 02:24 PM
Yeah mate, ordered mine from US, arrived about 4 weeks after due to iParcel waiting for stock. Tiny bit of box damage, but other than that all sweet!

millhouse
25th July 2014, 02:27 PM
Refund finally processed the other day. Kelley at i-Parcel was great help - apparently not only did mine ship, it was delivered, without signature, and likely nicked off the door step. AusPost couldn't confirm anything as the contractor no longer works for them.

I'm just glad to have the whole thing behind me.

As for TRU, they were useless. I just placed an order for the SDCC movie Turtles (not available for international shipping) and am having them dropshipped. :) No i-Parcel, no international lack-of-assistance from TRU, and probably a whopping shipping charge from MyUS.

Still, beats the hell out of eBay!

drifand
25th July 2014, 08:51 PM
Refund finally processed the other day. Kelley at i-Parcel was great help - apparently not only did mine ship, it was delivered, without signature, and likely nicked off the door step. AusPost couldn't confirm anything as the contractor no longer works for them.

As for TRU, they were useless. I just placed an order for the SDCC movie Turtles (not available for international shipping) and am having them dropshipped. :) No i-Parcel, no international lack-of-assistance from TRU, and probably a whopping shipping charge from MyUS.

Still, beats the hell out of eBay!

I ordered other stuff, and tru was hopeless keep saying is not in their system and excuse one after another. Similarly Kelly from iparcel was very helpful.

As for official news here. We are still waiting on the 900 to be distributed nation wide.

AJ_Prime
25th July 2014, 10:27 PM

I ordered other stuff, and tru was hopeless keep saying is not in their system and excuse one after another. Similarly Kelly from iparcel was very helpful.

I'm glad you got your refund. I-Parcel were very helpful, they had records of the transaction on their system. Like you've mentioned though, TRU US were completely useless, no record on their system at all despite on screen confirmation of the order!

After hearing that they cancelled international transactions with another item recently I'm reluctant to attempt purchasing anything from them again.

CyberiusPrime
25th July 2014, 10:33 PM
Will there be an Australian release on Grimmy?

griffin
25th July 2014, 11:59 PM
Will there be an Australian release on Grimmy?

There (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=18577) ... should (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=16763) ... be (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=18671). ;)

drifand
26th July 2014, 01:27 AM
Yes like said, my reply was in conversation of someone in tru and they did mentioned that it will be here soon at $130

z3r03d
26th July 2014, 02:58 AM
Yes like said, my reply was in conversation of someone in tru and they did mentioned that it will be here soon at $130

cool.. im hanging out for 2 of these still...

drifand
26th July 2014, 11:04 AM
cool.. im hanging out for 2 of these still...

We be very lucky to each have one.

z3r03d
20th August 2014, 09:25 AM

still nothing..... :(

got the prowl but no TRU Grimlock :(

MrTrick
21st August 2014, 07:59 PM
any ideas when TRU is expecting to stock this? Been waiting so long for an affordable Grimlock

philby
21st August 2014, 09:09 PM
any ideas when TRU is expecting to stock this? Been waiting so long for an affordable Grimlock

I went into a store last week and the girl at the desk tried looking it up on their computer but didn't have any listings, she said that might mean it's a couple of months still but not definite :/

drifand
21st August 2014, 09:11 PM
Is a dinobot, meant to be extinct .

Bidoofdude
21st August 2014, 11:40 PM
He came out ages ago in the US, we might not end up seeing him here. I hope we do though. My Dad couldn't find one when he was in the US or Canada.

z3r03d
22nd August 2014, 10:39 AM
Is a dinobot, meant to be extinct .

lol! I'll be extinct before this comes out....

im hanging out for this TRU version... I doubt it will be cheap by the time it comes out......

philby
22nd August 2014, 11:10 AM
is anyone on here with hasbro connections able to get a confirmation that we are 100% getting it?