PDA

View Full Version : AOE US Target Exclusives

Zommael
8th May 2014, 11:20 AM
Hopefully I can get this right this time!

Via TFW (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/transformers-movie-toys-products-30/age-of-extinction-target-exclusive-images-including-silver-optimus-prime-and-grimlock-two-pack-179903/):

The official Transformers Facebook page has updated, today showing off the Target exclusive releases in the Age of Extinction line. The exclusive releases that will only be available from Target in the US include the following:

Voyager Grimlock and Deluxe Optimus Prime Two-Pack - Grimlock is the Fall of Cybertron toy, with a Generation 1 style deco. Optimus Prime is a silver chromed version of the Dark of the Moon Deluxe Optimus Prime, armed with one of the Generation 1 Predacon swords.
Construct Bots Grimlock and Optimus Prime Two-Pack - A set of the Construct Bots Age of Extinction Grimlock and Dinobot Rider Optimus Prime, with Optimus Prime once again in silver.
Smash and Change Silver Optimus Prime - The Age of Extinction Flip and Change / Smash and Change figure, redecoed in grey. Notice a trend developing?
Titan Silver Optimus - last but not least, the Titan Optimus Prime figure is also done up in silver as a "Silver Optimus", in this case it's a flat silver figure and largely completely unpainted save some gold effect that almost looks like yellowing.

The theme of the Target exclusives definitely seems to be based around offering "silver knight" versions of Optimus Prime.

The highlight is definitely the DOTM Optimus and FOC Grimlock set, though the fact that they're releasing Constructbots Grimlock in unused G2 colours will be of interest to some. The less said about the Titan the better.

millhouse
8th May 2014, 12:25 PM
The highlight is definitely the DOTM Optimus and FOC Grimlock set

I must say, I do find myself wanting that Grimlock...

griffin
8th May 2014, 01:07 PM
There's no wrong when posting news. It is better to have people having a go (if they follow the rules & format (http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=7477)), than not having people try at all.

griffin
8th May 2014, 01:12 PM
That is one heavily chromed Optimus toy. Hasbro have suddenly gone nuts with shiny plating lately... maybe they found a factory that does it cheap, and are trying to put bling on as many toys as they can to make them "pop" from the store shelves at kids and parents.
(hope it doesn't flake or rub off like a lot of previous toys... but longevity isn't a concern for toys, as long as it doesn't come off within a couple weeks out of the box)

Zommael
8th May 2014, 01:24 PM
That is one heavily chromed Optimus toy. Hasbro have suddenly gone nuts with shiny plating lately... maybe they found a factory that does it cheap, and are trying to put bling on as many toys as they can to make them "pop" from the store shelves at kids and parents.
(hope it doesn't flake or rub off like a lot of previous toys... but longevity isn't a concern for toys, as long as it doesn't come off within a couple weeks out of the box)

I've been trying to decide, looking at the pictures of both the vehicle and the robot mode, if the entire cab section is actually chromed, or if it's just a grey that's been made to look that way by the chrome on other parts. As far as I can tell, it looks like the chrome is present on the cab portion of the robot mode, which suggests that yes, it's the whole front of the toy. The thing is that if it is all chromed, then it's desirable (and wouldn't be too far out from a number of real world trucks in colouration) but if it's grey then blech! But I'd still buy it for the Grimlock. Any thoughts?

Bidoofdude
8th May 2014, 07:19 PM
Grimlock looks nice, I kind of want him. Apart from the dino mode looking a bit plain, I'd buy it. Don't like the Optimus though, the chrome is fugly and I don't like the proportions of the mould in general. If it's cheap or on clearance or something, I'll consider.

Gofigure
8th May 2014, 09:17 PM
I'll take that G1/foc mash up Grimlock. That's something I wasn't expecting at all

griffin
10th May 2014, 08:19 AM
Packaging images of two of the gimmick Optimus (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/transformers-movie-toys-products-30/age-of-extinction-silver-knight-optimus-prime-in-package-images-179925/) toys have been released now as well, from the same source.

MayzaPrime
10th May 2014, 03:38 PM
Packaging images of two of the gimmick Optimus (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/transformers-movie-toys-products-30/age-of-extinction-silver-knight-optimus-prime-in-package-images-179925/) toys have been released now as well, from the same source.

Silver Knight Prime???? :confused:

Is it because he has a sword and shield? :p

Bidoofdude
11th May 2014, 02:20 PM
Silver Knight Prime???? :confused:

Is it because he has a sword and shield? :p

Maybe something will happen in the movie? :confused:

Sinnertwin
11th May 2014, 02:27 PM
Maybe something will happen in the movie? :confused:

Something usually does ;)

griffin
12th May 2014, 07:44 PM
For some reason Target in America has a unified theme of Silver Knight Optimus Movie exclusives... and another one has shown up - for the Battle Masters line (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/transformers-movie-toys-products-30/target-exclusive-transformers-battle-masters-silver-knight-optimus-vs-grimlock-set-179940/).

A 2-pack of Optimus (redeoc w/ new left arm) & Grimlock (new - movie mould).
Individually these are priced at the DLX price point, so if this 2-pack was released here, it would be about $60.

It might also mean other Movie characters for this Battle Masters line... but from already buying the Optimus & Megatron 2-pack, I don't see this line lasting very long. It is not a collectable line, as the gimmick wears off within minutes of getting two, and you can only play with two at a time (so buying more is a waste if not seeking out certain characters... many of which don't look like pre-existing characters anyway).

griffin
8th June 2014, 09:44 PM
Voyager Grimlock and Deluxe Optimus Prime Two-Pack - Grimlock is the Fall of Cybertron toy, with a Generation 1 style deco. Optimus Prime is a silver chromed version of the Dark of the Moon Deluxe Optimus Prime, armed with one of the Generation 1 Predacon swords.This has now been found in America (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/transformers-movie-toys-products-30/target-exclusive-age-of-extinction-silver-knight-optimus-prime-with-grimlock-two-pack-released-180230/), and as expected from many of the Movie store exclusives, it is one of the "30".... but is one of the last - "29 of 30".
It was found at the Target store near where BotCon is this year, for a very cheap US$30 (both toys on their own would be $40).
(images in the link have Optimus looking very flashy, but definitely over-kill on the chroming)

This is one of the exclusives coming here, but unlikely to be anywhere near $30. Since it is a Voyager & a Deluxe, it is more likely about AU$80 here.

Zommael
8th June 2014, 11:01 PM
This has now been found in America (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/transformers-movie-toys-products-30/target-exclusive-age-of-extinction-silver-knight-optimus-prime-with-grimlock-two-pack-released-180230/), and as expected from many of the Movie store exclusives, it is one of the "30".... but is one of the last - "29 of 30".
It was found at the Target store near where BotCon is this year, for a very cheap US$30 (both toys on their own would be $40).
(images in the link have Optimus looking very flashy, but definitely over-kill on the chroming)

This is one of the exclusives coming here, but unlikely to be anywhere near $30. Since it is a Voyager & a Deluxe, it is more likely about AU$80 here.

Judging from the pics of the back of the box, it looks like the entire cab is not chromed as it appeared it may have been from the promo pics. However, it looks like it should be white or painted silver rather than Hasbro grey, which is at least better.

ETA: ...and that shows how much I know. The pics posted on TFW by a fan show that it is totally chromed. Awesome.

yoshi594
8th June 2014, 11:14 PM
strange how they use the DOTM deluxe mould and not evasion prime? I'd consider a silver evasion prime!

griffin
9th June 2014, 12:18 AM
Probably to keep under a certain price-point, as the Evasion Optimus is Voyager... but not much bigger than the TF3 Deluxe. :p

griffin
18th June 2014, 07:39 PM
This looks to be another Target exclusive (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/transformers-movie-toys-products-30/transformers-4-age-of-extinction-1-step-transformers-gift-set-180379/), because it contains a "Silver Knight" redeco of an existing Optimus toy...
It is a six-pack of One-Step changers (the small gimmick toys), but the other five figures look to be unchanged to their regular releases.

We do get our first look at One-Step Slug though.

Sinnertwin
18th June 2014, 07:46 PM

They're currently $59, but may come down further with the upcoming sale. The Grimlock actually looks really good in robot mode & i didnt mind OP either
The Target store that i went to earlier only had two left on the shelf.

Omega Metro
18th June 2014, 08:42 PM
They're currently $59, but may come down further with the upcoming sale. The Grimlock actually looks really good in robot mode & i didnt mind OP either
The Target store that i went to earlier only had two left on the shelf.

The Grimlock looked kinda 'cheap' and tacky. Like lower quality plastic?:confused:

Sinnertwin
18th June 2014, 09:03 PM
The Grimlock looked kinda 'cheap' and tacky. Like lower quality plastic?:confused:

i only had a brief look,but it seemed ok to me. i wouldn't be surprised if it was a different quality of plastic :)