PDA

View Full Version : ToysRUs Australia online TF4 toysale (midnight tonight) & in-store 14th May

ILikeSoundwave
11th May 2014, 07:01 PM
http://www.toysrus.com.au/transformers/i1181150/

Was browsing the TRU website and looks like they will have AOE toys for sale tonight at midnight, nothing special but thought I would mention it.

griffin
11th May 2014, 08:11 PM
That's interesting, as Hasbro are doing that in America (allowing certain online stores to start selling on the 12th, while real stores are not supposed to be selling before the 16th... but stores here and there already are).

I was going to email them on Friday to see if Australia was going to have something special happening, as other countries in our region were, but was sleeping most of the day.
I might have to try tomorrow... and maybe get a comment on what they think of the other major stores already selling toys for the last week or so.

(I don't think we will though, as they had already been promoting an in-store Barbie event for the end of the month, so a Transformers event would have been advertised by now if there were one on the 16th.)

reillyd
11th May 2014, 08:12 PM
Very tempted to stay up for this to grab the TRU Then and Now packs

Zommael
11th May 2014, 08:17 PM
I wonder if that is likely to include the Then and Now figures... could get some interesting answers if so.

griffin
11th May 2014, 08:21 PM
I'm waiting for the 12th in America to clock over, so that places like BBTS and Amazon are allowed to start listing Movie toys... and import the entire launch wave "cheap".
(and then chase up the rest while in America next month)

griffin
11th May 2014, 08:24 PM
I wonder if that is likely to include the Then and Now figures... could get some interesting answers if so.

I think they will be available on the launch day, since they are their exclusive items and would want to capitalise on that. We might even see some other exclusive items that we don't yet know about, as the T&N sets were found by accident.

griffin
11th May 2014, 08:32 PM
I'm wondering... would "midnight 12th May" be in 3.5 hours time or in a day and 3.5 hours time?

Paulbot
11th May 2014, 08:37 PM
I'm wondering... would "midnight 12th May" be in 3.5 hours time or in a day and 3.5 hours time?

Got the email too and it says "tonight" so 3.5 hours time. $30 for deluxes and a bunch of prices for construct-bots and one step changers promoted in it.

And finally it clicks why there's no preorders on BBTS, they must be included in the online retailers taking part in the US promotion.

and maybe get a comment on what they think of the other major stores already selling toys for the last week or so.

Or maybe don't mention that at all... Could lead to toy section managers at other shops getting in to trouble and less chance of us getting early releases of figures in the future and TRU not bothering to so anything special with the TF franchise in the future since their exclusive deal got broken. Like, what's the positive that comes from pointing the early release in some stores out to them?

Paulbot
11th May 2014, 08:42 PM
Here's the web version of the email link (http://view.ed4.net/v/ORMKFEP/XAK8J/F9AEI14/KNIZM/?utm_source=eDM&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=[Wk15_PROMO_1105])

Limit of 2 characters per transaction....?

Omega Metro
11th May 2014, 08:43 PM
Ah! One of the few benefits of living in W.A. Can have a peak at at 10pm here instead of midnight. :D

griffin
11th May 2014, 09:15 PM
Ah, I should have checked my email first.

And finally it clicks why there's no preorders on BBTS, they must be included in the online retailers taking part in the US promotion.

I saw it somewhere (I thought it was on the official Transformers facebook page) a few days ago noting BBTS in the list of online stores that can't list the toys before the 12th... but now I can't find it.

The whole embargo date for online stores is ridiculous. If they can't ship them out before the 12th, why can't they take pre-orders.

At about 2pm Bris/Syd/Melb time on Monday should be when the AMERICAN sites Amazon, BBTS, TRU, Walmart Kmart & Target go live with their TF4 products. (http://www.hasbro.com/transformers/en_US/cybertron-monday.cfm) I'll be busy comparing available items and calculating prices in about 16 hours time. :o

ILikeSoundwave
11th May 2014, 09:17 PM
I got the same email and it said figures instore Wednsday May 14th.

Paulbot
12th May 2014, 12:06 AM
Here's the web version of the email link (http://view.ed4.net/v/ORMKFEP/XAK8J/F9AEI14/KNIZM/?utm_source=eDM&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=[Wk15_PROMO_1105])

Limit of 2 characters per transaction....?

It is only the lines shown in that ad for sale on the website now (http://www.toysrus.com.au/transformers/i1181150/). No Voyagers/Leaders. None of the dodgy "Titans" or Then and Now packs either. Very small range if you're a Generations fan.

Omega Metro
12th May 2014, 12:14 AM
Pathetic. Nothing new or interesting there. .......off to bed now.:)

Mythirax
12th May 2014, 12:19 AM
Well this sucked...

griffin
12th May 2014, 03:51 AM
That was disappointing.
I was expecting to at least see them offering their store exclusives.

Listed (so far?)...
Deluxe - Bumblebee, Crosshairs, Slug, Scorn
Construct Bots Riders - Drift, Bumblebee, Lockdown, Optimus
Construct Bots Dinobots - Slug, Grimlock, Strafe
Construct Bots Warrirors - Optimus/Gnaw, Lockdown/Hangnail, Drift/Roughneck
One-Step - Optimus, Drift, Grimlock

As noted by others, no Voyagers or Leaders, and no Kreo movie sets, no Power Battlers, no Dino Sparkers, no Titans, and no Flip-n-Change.

Omega Metro
14th May 2014, 12:49 PM
Just been looking at the TRU offerings of the AOE Deluxes online. According to them, you cannot pick out which deluxe you want to buy.....they pick it out for you at random!

'This product comes in different styles which are packed at random. Unfortunately it is not possible to select a specific style online.'
http://www.toysrus.com.au/transformers-age-of-extinction-generations-deluxe-class-high-assorted/#vwocamp

How pathetic!

Sinnertwin
14th May 2014, 01:17 PM
Just been looking at the TRU offerings of the AOE Deluxes online. According to them, you cannot pick out which deluxe you want to buy.....they pick it out for you at random!

'This product comes in different styles which are packed at random. Unfortunately it is not possible to select a specific style online.'
http://www.toysrus.com.au/transformers-age-of-extinction-generations-deluxe-class-high-assorted/#vwocamp

How pathetic!

I wouldn't have expected that from TrU, or anybody selling online for that matter

Paulbot
14th May 2014, 01:33 PM
TRU has that for a while and I've seen it on other online Oz stores too.

Not sure how this fits with their "Limit of 2 characters per transaction" restriction they had on their Cyber Monday sale.

Deonasis
14th May 2014, 01:35 PM
TrU tried to do something good and it turned out shitty. Naturally i'll pay less attention to TrU next time they advertise to me. It would have been better not to run this promotion.