PDA

View Full Version : Retard

STL
14th January 2008, 10:41 PM
http://www.theage.com.au/news/national/i-had-the-best-party-ever/2008/01/14/1200159328902.html

This guy's a little punk. I swear, those people calling for the parent's heads at the end of it aren't much better.

What is our society coming to? Little turds like this thinking the hell of themselves after such an incident. I was that age not long ago, and I recall while we enjoyed throwing such parties, we were $#@! scared our folks would ever find out. Even more $#@! scared to think of police getting involved. There was a measure of responsibility we assumed.

The more I see of this, the more I wonder where we're going as a society. This mentality amongst kids isn't at unusual right now, mind you. And that's utterly disappointing.

You can bet these boys will be boasting about it for months to come as a measure of their manhood.

kup
14th January 2008, 11:59 PM
His attitude is extreme but its not that different from the average youth of today. Society has hit a rock bottom culturally and morally.

liegeprime
15th January 2008, 03:38 AM
Hmmm, shows that kid has no respect for his parents at all . Even if he's just sixteen, for cryin out loud, he shoulda at least feel guilt, remorse or something, but heck no. That is one irresponsible, disrespectful teenager who, Im sure as, will make it to a prison one of these days and stay there. As the article says parents are to blame, they should have started teaching this kid Discipline, and responsibility, since he started to talk and walk, else he'll turn out like the little hoodlum he is now and worse. That, so as they get older they will realize that it is necessary and gain just genuine respect for his parents and others, as he will learn what it is the socially acceptable and right thing to be and do. But as it is, they probably just let him do and get away with what he wants, sorta like a Ferris Bueller type. At this age now, too late already, you can't "talk" to them to change them. Coz as it stands we have an old saying " matigas na ang buto" meaning the - bones have already set - you can't change this kid anymore at his stage - rehab pfffft, i highly doubt that. But as he is having the time of his life, and now hes feeling I guess like a celebrity, he just wont quit. Lucky he isn't living in my native country, he would've ended up being beaten to a pulp by his dad, uncle and more elder relatives for the shame he has brought to his family, or worse beaten by the police, but then that'll learn yah respect and discipline. It's retard punks like these that makes me wanna get a 2 x 4 with a rusty nail at the end and give them a whack in the head.... okay so this kind of attitude just really pisses me off. Really..:mad::mad::mad::mad:

TheDirtyDigger
15th January 2008, 07:22 AM
Man you guys have got old quickly.
Dude was just throwing a party which is what he should be doing at his age. The poh-leece have come along all heavy handed and full of their own self importance because they have a badge and a gun and effed everything up like they did at my own youthful celebrations many a time. Of course the kids today are lucky to have the internet's social networking sites so they can have bigger and better celebrations. The corporate media, true to their fascist agenda, are looking for news and they love scare-mongering all the zombies out there in TV land. Stories like this make me pine for my long lost youth and make me wish I had thrown just one more stubby at a police car or assaulted one more bastard copper.
In other news my brother is going through the processes to become a member of the constabulary.
I think it will bring a nice balance to our family.

Saintly
15th January 2008, 08:18 AM
btw, think this is going to turn another ugly head...

this is just wrong... you can have fun and still show respect to the law and your family

on the other hand, that retard is more stupid than i thought... surely if one uses myspace to perform a mass invitation, the retard should have stream the whole event over the internet! idiot!

Paulbot
15th January 2008, 08:21 AM
That kid is just a moron, I heard him interviewed on the radio on Monday morning and I think he might have managed to answer a couple of question with more than one word.

Hmm, I wonder if Jaydisc can host 500 people at the next Melbourne fan meet?

jaydisc
15th January 2008, 08:31 AM
I'm partially with Digger. I used to be a bit of a wild man.... although I never used more than my mouth at a police officer. And that got me in enough trouble anyway.

As far as 500 at my next meet, we used to reguarly host 500 people at our Elsternwick Mansion parties (http://lindalane.com/list.php?searchText=elsternwick&dateSort=+DESC) [login required: guest/guest]. 2+ sound systems, international talent. Back then, we learned a great tip to actually "register" your party with VIC police. You'd go fill out some paperwork at the station, and they'd give you a "Party Safe" packet which included this great poster that said "This party is registered with the Victoria Police" which we'd hang on the front door. It was awesome because it scared away the dregs. And when the police came, which they inevitably and repeatedly did, they would ask us if everything was OK!!! A little bit of respect goes a long way.

GoktimusPrime
15th January 2008, 08:58 AM
(O_o) This kid's behaviour is absolutely appalling and as liegeprime said, absolutely irresponsible.

And you can't blame the police. They were doing their job by responding to a mass disturbance of having some 500 teenagers damaging property. And then to assault police officers just for doing their job?!

I see two root causes of this problem (and as kup said, is becoming increasingly prevalent in youthes today)...

1/ Irresponsibility.

"I was just off my head,'' he said.

He refused to take responsibility for the damage.

"It was my party, but it could have been any random person walking down the street,'' he said.
Kids today are taught from a very young age about their rights and freedoms and they will instantly remind you of their rights and freedoms. The problem is that a lot of problematic kids fail to understand (often because they're not taught it) that with rights and freedoms comes responsibilities. Yes, you have the right to throw a party and have a good time with your mates. But you have the responsibility to ensure that your merry-making is not at the expense or detriment of other people! The moment you start damaging other people's property - that's irresponsible!

How would you feel if your car was damaged by a group of unknown teenagers who were galavanting down your street? I'd be mighty urinated - which I bet most of his neighbours are feeling right about now.

But they haven't had a chance to talk to their sociable son, who was still in his party clothes today - unzipped jacket, loud cap and big sun glasses.

"I haven't really talked to them because every time they try to call, I don't answer,'' Corey told Nine.

"They'll probably try to kill me.''
That's irresponsible! Your parents are trying to call you to give you the scolding of your life because you deserve it! That last line shows that he knows that he's in trouble, but is refusing to confront it.

Rights and freedom gives you great power. And as Spiderman's Uncle Ben taught us, "With great power comes great responsibility."
http://www.ugoplayer.com/forum/images/avatars/Spiderman_-_Spiderman_2.jpg

Kids will be kids and kids will screw up. Fine. But the difference between a good kid and a bad kid is that the good kid will cop the blame and take responsibility for it.

And if Corey thinks that his act of defiance is a sign of his "manhood," I think it's the complete opposite. Why would a 'real man' run away from his problem? A 'real man' would cop it sweet. No, this is not a sign of 'manhood' - it is nothing more than cowardice. Just fall on your bloody sword.

2/ Lack of shame.
He seems to be revelling in this publicity bringing him widespread notorioty - and this is something which Western society has lost; the distinction between being famous and being notorious. It's as if people no longer care about whether they're receiving public attention for doing something good or bad, just so long as they're getting attention. So essentially this is an extreme mass act of attention-seeking. Good kids seek attention through fame, such as through their academic or sporting achievements. "Look mum, I got straight As in school!" - "Look mum, I got a trophy at the sports carnival!" - good kids actually care about the kind of attention they're getting. They want fame, not shame. Bad kids don't care. They'll take attention any way they can get it. If their parents and teachers are screaming at them, sure, it's bad, but at least they're now the centre of attention.

Yes, it's pretty sick and twisted, isn't it?

bones have already set - you can't change this kid anymore at his stage - rehab pfffft, i highly doubt that.
Rehab is possible if he accepts responsibility for what he has done and shown remorse. Right now it's not possible, but maybe later down the track. But yeah, until he starts accepting responsibility for his actions instead of being a coward, rehabilitation will be very difficult (nigh impossible) - and as you said, may possibly lead him in a downward spiral to becoming a criminal in adult life... or just a jerk.

But as he is having the time of his life, and now hes feeling I guess like a celebrity, he just wont quit.
That's right, because the notorioty he's receiving from all this is making him the centre of attention, making him like a celebrity. And part of this problem is that we actually have celebrities who do this. That's why I was so glad that they actually put Paris Hilton in gaol for that drink-driving incident (although I felt she was let out a bit too early). Celebrities need to be gaoled more frequently for breaking the law, just as any other citizen would. (-_-)
But you have these craphouse celebrities who revel in notorioty and becoming absolutely terribly role-models - Britney Spears was voted as worst role model for girls by American parents (I think Paris Hilton came in #2).

Lucky he isn't living in my native country,
Asian kids would be far less likely to do something like this. Not impossible, just less likely. And again, the reason for this comes to two core elements of Asian culture:

1/ Responsibility
Some (not all) white kids and even their parents will blame teachers and schools when their child is academically underperforming and/or regularly getting in trouble at school. The typical "bloody teachers," "stupid school" grumble grumble attitude. It's everyone else's fault - but their own!
If an Asian kid is academically underperforming and/or regularly getting in trouble at school, the parents will tell that child that it is his/her responsibility to do something to change it. They will hire home tutors and/or send the child to after-school/weekend coaching colleges to improve their academic performance; spending their own time and money to do it. In other words, they are taking responsibility. They realise that there's little to be gained by sitting around blaming others - what works is to accept responsibility and then to get off your butt and do something about it! This is a generalisation, but university studies have found that the notion of accepting responsibility is a major contributing factor as to why Asian students tend to outperform non-Asian students academically at school.

2/ Shame
If an Asian kid had done this, you know that they would bring shame to themselves and their entire family. Their parents and siblings would lose face and be dishonoured. Most Asian kids would never think about doing something like this because of the very thought of bringing shame to themselves and their family.

And that's something that Western society appears to be losing - this idea that if you make an ass of yourself that you will bring shame to yourself and embarrass the hell out of your parents and family!

But this kid is far too selfish to think about how this is making mum and dad feel - and the fact that mum and dad will now be $20,000 out of pocket for it. Mum and dad need to make sure that Corey pays every cent back. After he's $20,000 poorer he might then start to learn about responsibility. (-_-)

As far as 500 at my next meet, we used to reguarly host 500 people at our Elsternwick Mansion parties [login required: guest/guest]. 2+ sound systems, international talent. Back then, we learned a great tip to actually "register" your party with VIC police. You'd go fill out some paperwork at the station, and they'd give you a "Party Safe" packet which included this great poster that said "This party is registered with the Victoria Police" which we'd hang on the front door. It was awesome because it scared away the dregs. And when the police came, which they inevitably and repeatedly did, they would ask us if everything was OK!!! A little bit of respect goes a long way.
That's right - and not only respect, but also responsibility. You were considerate enough to notify the police of a very large party and then taking measures to discourage gate-crashers from coming in and interfering with your plans and possibly getting all of you in trouble.

liegeprime
15th January 2008, 09:09 AM
AMEN GOK! one thing though ... ... he's already a jerk! Id still reckon a good 2x4 in the ass fifteen times as hard as a muscle builder can will teach him not to do it ever again. hmph he'd better start working his butt off to pay for that $20,000 Id add interest on that , serves him right.:mad::mad:

GoktimusPrime
15th January 2008, 09:38 AM
Giving a good paddling will hurt him for a few days... making him earn $20,000 which he won't keep (because he's repaying a debt) will hurt him for a lot longer! I would recommend mum and dad...
a/ Sell off his game consoles, games, computer & trendy clothes as a deposit on the interest on their loan.
b/ Assuming that he's still a full time student, make sure that he gets a part time job at Woolies or Maccas and ensure that he's spending every free moment outside school working his butt off to repay that debt.

Owing the community $20,000 will have a whole different meaning for him when he has to be the one to work toward repaying it!

...and don't even think about getting that first car until every cent is repaid. Until that happens, this will be his life now...

http://www.mwctoys.com/images/review_simpf_1a.jpg

TheDirtyDigger
15th January 2008, 09:38 AM
If an Asian kid had done this, you know that they would bring shame to themselves and their entire family. Their parents and siblings would lose face and be dishonoured. Most Asian kids would never think about doing something like this because of the very thought of bringing shame to themselves and their family.

Oh wow man. You guys are such killjoys.

Kid was just having a party.

Tiby
15th January 2008, 09:42 AM
Kids today - all rights and no responsibility.

Have fun by all means, but accept the responsibility as well.

1orion2many
15th January 2008, 09:58 AM
This guy has a room temprature I.Q and proves this with his comments on television. I have a 16 year old son and if he caused something like this to happen he would at least be remorseful and apolagetic. Saying that surely the parents must of had some idea of what thier son would behave like without them there. You can't tell me that you can live with someone for 16 years and not have some idea about what type of person they are. The parents have some responsibility for this mess, if they get a $20,000 bill so be it. This party had nothing to do with having a good time because if it did he would have considered other people around him which he was going to effect eg Neighbours and so forth and had enough intelligence to place restrictions and controls in place so that the next morning he wouldn't be looking at a disaster. What am I saying :eek: I have already stated earlier what i thought of his intelligence. Most people would have a very low opinion of this idiot, the only people that would agree with him are other 16 year old males that have to much Testosterone and only use the head between thier legs to do all of thier thinking. Everyone is allowed a good time but a little bit of moderation would have gone a long way.

TheDirtyDigger
15th January 2008, 10:05 AM
only use the head between their legs to do all of their thinking

Well that's definitely me man. :cool: (n.b. spelling mistakes corrected)

Apart from Jaydisc you guys sound like you all grew up with a very boring social life and a very sheltered and inexperienced homelife.
You know not everyone considers membership of the chess club the highlight of their youth.

1orion2many
15th January 2008, 10:11 AM
Well that's definitely me man. :cool: (n.b. spelling mistakes corrected)

Apart from Jaydisc you guys sound like you all grew up with a very boring social life and and a very sheltered and inexperienced homelife.
You know not everyone considers membership of the chess club the highlight of their youth.

Actually DD what I was doing in my latter teenage years would most probably give you grey hair but that is not something I discuss. I still did have respect and courtesy in general for the people around me despite my personal antics which seems to be beyond this young guys comprehension.

Saintly
15th January 2008, 10:31 AM
as i'm not old enough to comment on Orion's antics, I know for sure my old man partying days were much worse than mine.

TDD, all things considered... you don't have to trash other people's livelihood, just so you can have some fun and fame (that you held the biggest party while your parents are away and got on TV)

GoktimusPrime
15th January 2008, 10:43 AM
..or perhaps we did have fun and social lives, but also exercised responsibility. :/ Half the fun of being a uni student was going to some pret-ty cuh-raaaazy parties. But we never detrimentally effected any outsiders.

At the end of the day, if kids want to be idiots - go nuts. Just so long as it doesn't effect other people. It's not so much the fact that these kids decided to have a big party that we're objecting to... it's the fact that they caused $20,000 in damages to other people's property that we find really objectionable.

It's all fun and games until something gets broken or someone gets hurt. :(

Being a child doesn't mean you can't be responsible. As I said before, that's usually what separates the good kids from the bad kids.

Kids today - all rights and no responsibility.

Have fun by all means, but accept the responsibility as well.
Amen to that.

Paulbot
15th January 2008, 10:51 AM
I never drank alchohol as a teenager, I barely drink now, but I don't care what others do as long as others aren't hurt.

Being surrounded by 500 people is my idea of a nightmare not my idea of fun.

TheDirtyDigger
15th January 2008, 10:56 AM
Being surrounded by 500 people is my idea of a nightmare not my idea of fun.

Mine too....unless they're naked, sweaty and happy though. Anyone else been to any hippie festivals? Confest is my favourite. You can just....feel the love.:):o:D:):cool::o

jaydisc
15th January 2008, 10:58 AM
Mine too....unless they're naked, sweaty and happy though. Anyone else been to any hippie festivals? Confest is my favourite. You can just....feel the love.:):o:D:):cool::o

Rainbow Serpent (http://rainbowserpent.net/) was my favorite!

Of course, I'm missing it this year just so I can host the Melbourne meet ;)

Actually, that and the fact that I have a four month old son.

Thanatos
15th January 2008, 01:33 PM
Well I'm going to throw my 2 cents in here as an 18 year old.

I was 16 two years ago (obviously), and we did some pretty crazy things that I too would rather not mention. Overall a pretty wild few years til now... still pretty wild now that I'm old enough to party in pubs and clubs!

I understand the joy of the social importance of the party. It's becomming a huge cornerstone of teenagehood. Hookups with girls that you may or may not regret, a lot of drinking, silly games like Guitar Hero where you feel like a fool as you blindly hit at notes. Overall a pretty stupid experience but a fun one.

I held a new years eve party at my place while my parents were not here. I did not do it behind their backs, I thought it would be safer just to tell them. I didn't have 500 people admittedly, I had about 30 people. Everyone woke up off my floors the next morning with killer hangovers. But there is a degree of responsibility here.

I paid for the cleaning bill of the carpet with the help of the culprit (guy vomited on the carpet), I cleaned up the bottles, cigarettes and made sure that everything wound up the way it was the few days before. My friends were all in on this as well, helping with cleanup and such. We even turned down the huge noise of music we had playing when the neighbours asked us too, because by about 11 when they did call, we were all way too drunk to care. All we wanted was cheeseburgers :P

The way this kid is acting, the tough guy machismo act is truly insulting to be honest. His mistake was not in having a party, drinking, or inviting over a half thousand people. His mistake was not having the intelligence to not attack cops! If they had just followed the occasional complaint (turn down the music a little, stop spilling into the street) maybe he wouldn't have had the coppers show up. Attacking the law enforcement (which is what he was breaking... the law), is just one of the most stupid ideas I have possibly ever seen. This is nothing to do with culture or anything like "who would have done this better". This is some brat who decided that on an alcohol fueled binge attacking cops would be a really good idea. Work that one out.

Bill should not be the business of the parents. By law they can leave their child (who is over 16) home alone without having broken negligence laws. The little tard needs a huge punishment and that includes paying for the $20,000 bill. Part time work, selling of possessions, maybe that'll teach him not to attack cops. This isn't just a case of a kid destroying the house and having a family issue, this is a public issue where taxpayers dollars have to be paid to stop a 16 year old from making a total f@#kwit of himself by attacking the cops, who are, overall, enforcing a politically democratic set of laws and don't deserve half the crap they get.

TheDirtyDigger
15th January 2008, 01:54 PM
Attacking the law enforcement (which is what he was breaking... the law), is just one of the most stupid ideas I have possibly ever seen.

I believe getting into fights with police should be a rite of passage of all young Australians.

Disrespect for authority is as Australian as Surf Livesavers at Cronulla.

It's the reason we got a statue, movies, myths and museum displays of this guy...

http://www.acay.com.au/~philand/nedkelly.jpg

GoktimusPrime
15th January 2008, 02:40 PM
Use emoticons when you're being sarcastic. Remember that there is no audible tone of voice or visible body language when you're communicating in text.

TheDirtyDigger
15th January 2008, 02:50 PM
Ok sure whatever you say sir.:rolleyes:

I wasn't being sarcastic.:p

liegeprime
15th January 2008, 04:04 PM
Well ive said my two cents earlier on, an additional cent just to reaffirm....
This kids a jerk, period! He'll get what he deserves sooner or later... hopefully sooner :mad:

This is nothing to do with culture or anything like "who would have done this better".

Agree on this very much Thanatos, sorry to have sounded so comparative or preachy in my first comment. It wasnt meant to, Im just stating a matter of fact that he would have ended up beaten which I did mention on the later sentences) had he done such in Phils. Coz as civilized as Phils is, yes, hold those eyebrows down please :D , most neighbors are quite intolerant of "macho acting tards" and have a more differently direct way of dealing with his antics (i.e. go after him with vengeance after he ignores a civilized plea to stop any damaging of public properties, tone the noise a notch, and attacking the freakin' police!). Its more of, we'll respect YOUR human rights as long as it DOESN'T step on any others, The moment you do, even after a civilized request is ignored, its forfeit, then anything goes....

oh and as far as partying goes, heck who doesn't love music , booze, chicks and lotsa food and a lot of other stuff in parties but as everyone has stated staying responsible and knowing the boundaries... very commendable of you Thanatos on what you did... your parents are happy I'm very sure... well aside from the puke and all ;)

TheDirtyDigger
15th January 2008, 04:15 PM
http://www.bitetv.ca/blog/archives/NERDS.jpg

llamatron
15th January 2008, 05:48 PM
I was too busy playing Sith Lords with my little wench to go out and party like a real man when I was young. :(

Bartrim
15th January 2008, 06:02 PM
Cool lets all head down to Victoria, have a drunken binge, cause a heap of chaos of leave the bill with TDD because he seems cool with this whole thing:p

In all seriousness TDD can't you understand there is a right way and a wrong way to throw a wild party. I worked for 6 years as a commercial fisherman. With that hard work life came a hard partying life. I drank a hell of a lot and indulged in things I'm not proud of nor will I discuss on a public forum. But everytime I got into trouble I always stood up and took responsability for my actions. Thats what being a man is all about. Thats what this boy needs to do.

This boy needs some hardcore discipline. Thats my two cents.

dirge
15th January 2008, 06:06 PM
This boy needs some hardcore discipline. Thats my two cents.

If this is the guy's attitude with the entire nation watching him, I doubt it'll be too long before he does something else, confident of his invincibility, and ends up in prison.

GoktimusPrime
15th January 2008, 06:37 PM
We'll see how cocky he is when he's sharing a cell with a burlesque bloke called "the Dragon." ;)

Bartrim
15th January 2008, 06:44 PM
If this is the guy's attitude with the entire nation watching him, I doubt it'll be too long before he does something else, confident of his invincibility, and ends up in prison.

Just thinking about it I'm concerned his faux celebrity status will create a series of "wannabes" trying to copy their "hero" until it ultimately ends in tragedy. Then this tool will just shrug his shoulders and say "I didn't tell them to copy me"

TheDirtyDigger
15th January 2008, 06:58 PM
Looks like he's getting offers from agents already and may be able to turn a negative into a positive as well as obtaining a mildly lucrative income for it all so he will be able to face up to all this responsibility people harp on about.

STL
15th January 2008, 11:32 PM
there is a right way and a wrong way to throw a wild party. [snip] But everytime I got into trouble I always stood up and took responsability for my actions. Thats what being a man is all about. Thats what this boy needs to do.

Quoted for truth.

I was a (and stlll am) a bona fide bogan. However, this guy's party was stupid. Inviting random strangers through the net and such is just asking for trouble. I mean, I've been to many a party where I've been told to bring as many people as I can even if the host has no idea who they are. But even in those situations, my bud (the host) expects that I'm not bringing in random strangers that I no nothing about.

There's plenty of characters out there and the last thing you need is a group of rowdy young guys you know nothing about at your joint. If I wanted random, I'd be out at a club. Hell, I can get away with more at a club b/c I purely hitting on strangers who don't know where I live. Wake up, bud. Those people weren't even your friends. They were some random people you don't even know.

It's all fine and good to have a party. Hell, it's what guys do.

But do it in a manner where you're not a complete ass, impeding on other people's privacy and property, causing anxiety to other people in your neighbourhood, and damaging public property that the rest of the community will have to bear the burden for.

The other point I take issue is the parents. As much as I can see that parents have a major responsibility for the way their kids turn out, people forget that parents often see the best in their children. Kids though aren't angels. Hell, I won't tell you that I was. I -know- I wasn't. They push the boundaries until push comes to shove. But at the end of the day, it's the kid that makes the choices. He's his own person. He can't back away from the consequences of his actions.

The parents shouldn't be blamed. On the one hand, we want to chastise parents for everything a kid does wrong. But on the other hand, we want to empower children, make them feel as if they have control over their lives. In effect, we're diminishing the role of the parent.

So where's that leave parents? Nowhere. Where's it leave the kid? Like already said in this thread, with a lot of rights.

The crunch though is that with those rights come responsibility for your own actions. This little turd doesn't understand that. So who's he going to turn to for the money? His parents. That's pretty downright pathetic. His folks work hard to pay a mortgage, send him to school, keep the household running and now they have to fork out for this.

If his parents don't fork it out the cash and tell him it's his problem, he'll jump on the woe is me train and chanting the catch cry ""my parents don't love me" line and demand sympathy.

That said, this guy is a sorry excuse for a human being. In years to come, he will lead a life of mediocrity where his greatest claim to fame will be the time he made it on TV for being a retard. Good on you, mate. He'll be living on his pathetic wage, barely able to make ends meet, and be the piece of trash that he undoubtedly is.