PDA

View Full Version : Marvel TFs Wave 2 official pics.

griffin
9th August 2008, 07:29 PM
From tfw2005.com website, are official pics of wave 2 of the Marvel TFs crossovers - Wolverine (new), Human Torch (new), Black Spiderman (recolour), Grey Hulk (recolour).

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/crossovers-12/official-marvel-crossovers-wave-2-images-165554/

Pulse
30th October 2008, 01:50 PM
& we have magazine scans of upcoming Wave 3 (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/crossovers-12/first-images-of-marvel-crossover-captain-america-carnage-thor-and-war-machine-figures-166100/) :) (a little grainy though)

IMO,
War Machine & Carnage = pass
Capt America = not bad at all
Thor = Now that is cool! :D

i_amtrunks
30th October 2008, 02:00 PM
I would not have picked the Cap America figure to turn into a Hummer, and I am very interested to see alt mode pics of Thor, it'll either be awesomesauce or a complete flop.

Paulbot
30th October 2008, 02:01 PM
Thor's still going to be a brightly multicoloured jet though.

I think Capt America might be a repaint/tool of Wolverine.

TheDirtyDigger
30th October 2008, 02:26 PM
This is all such crap. I can't believe I've bought the first four already.
What am I, desperate?:rolleyes:

1orion2many
30th October 2008, 02:31 PM
This is all such crap. I can't believe I've bought the first four already.
What am I, desperate?:rolleyes:

:)No just needing medication:p:D

GoktimusPrime
30th October 2008, 06:12 PM
This line just doesn't interest me... :/

Golden Phoenix
30th October 2008, 07:55 PM
I think Capt America might be a repaint/tool of Wolverine.

I don't know about that. I think there are some major differences in his arms and legs, not to mentions his chest. The wheels in Wolverine's chest are nowhere to be seen, but they could be hidden by the remoulded front being lower.
If he is a retool, it will have to be a pretty extensive one.

Paulbot
30th October 2008, 08:07 PM
I don't know about that. I think there are some major differences in his arms and legs, not to mentions his chest. The wheels in Wolverine's chest are nowhere to be seen, but they could be hidden by the remoulded front being lower.
If he is a retool, it will have to be a pretty extensive one.

Yeah the more I look at I think it's a similar but different toy (kind of like Iron Man/Human Torch which at a casual glance look similar but are very different)

Pulse
30th October 2008, 09:59 PM
Have we already seen these pics (http://i.marvelousnews.com/g/index.php?mode=album&album=2008_SDCC%2FTransformers%2F&dispsize=600&start=0)?

If I get Thor, he will never be transformed into Jetmode... :D

jacksplatt11
30th October 2008, 10:07 PM
Have we already seen these pics (http://i.marvelousnews.com/g/index.php?mode=album&album=2008_SDCC%2FTransformers%2F&dispsize=600&start=0)?

If I get Thor, he will never be transformed into Jetmode... :D

Oh? Why not? I happen to think planes with a blue, red and yellow colour scheme are pretty real world accurate, don't you agree? :p

Tallestblue
31st October 2008, 02:16 AM
*Girly Shriek* Cap and Thor!!! Now give us a Dr Doom, Thing, Invisible Woman and Mr fantastic please Hasbro!

Borgeman
31st October 2008, 09:36 AM
Now give us... Invisible Woman

"The person you cant see! Transforms from an invisible lady to...... well who cares, you count tell anyway!!!"

:D

George

i_amtrunks
31st October 2008, 09:39 AM
Thanks for those pics Pulse, Cap AMerica and Thor have really nice robot modes, and decent sounding alt mode, but now that I have seen images of the alt modes I'm not overly impressed.

The alt modes themselves look great and decent and all that, but the colours, ye gods they look stupid! :eek:

Stompy
31st October 2008, 10:49 AM
The alt modes themselves look great and decent and all that, but the colours, ye gods they look stupid! :eek:

That's the bane of these Marvel Crossovers unfortunately. They sacrificed the colours for the robot mode hence the vehicles looking like it's been painted by the Fisher Price department. The Alt modes are kinda "cute" looking with their curves and somewhat "super-deformed" look which contrasts the excellent robot mode representations of the characters.

I like them. Not sure of the repaints though.

amon
31st October 2008, 10:55 AM
As far as the color is concerned, they are baby toys,especially Thor, focus too much on robot mode.

But this is not gonna change the fact that they got excellent design,especially Thor again!

That wings unfold to cape design is genius! I will repaint it into batman maybe

Pulse
31st October 2008, 01:26 PM
Thanks for those pics Pulse, Cap AMerica and Thor have really nice robot modes, and decent sounding alt mode, but now that I have seen images of the alt modes I'm not overly impressed.

No worries Mate :) (I think I found them through FTW... ) & I totally agree with you on Thor's barf altmode... :D (I heard somewhere that the designers spent years working on these crossovers & if so - that jetmode was the best they could do..? :rolleyes:)

GoktimusPrime
31st October 2008, 05:09 PM
Pulse: so why by the TF Thor toy if you dislike it so?

Pulse
31st October 2008, 07:12 PM
For the botmode - plain & simple :) The botmode just kicks so much a$$

Golden Phoenix
31st October 2008, 09:58 PM
"The person you cant see! Transforms from an invisible lady to...... well who cares, you count tell anyway!!!"

:D

George

Maybe she can turn into Wonder Woman's invisible jet.
Yes I know they are different companies, but they could always have some sort of cross over

GoktimusPrime
1st November 2008, 09:32 AM
...Thor's robot mode doesn't look that impressive to me. I'd rather get just stick with my Marvel Legends Thor action figure.

Tallestblue
2nd November 2008, 12:44 AM
Maybe she can turn into Wonder Woman's invisible jet.
Yes I know they are different companies, but they could always have some sort of cross over

Actually I was thinking She coube be some sort of Stealth jet with clear panels to represent her "invisibility", and The Thing could be a Tank/Bulldozer based of the Hulk TF.

God knows what Mr Fantastic would be tho.

Golden Phoenix
2nd November 2008, 09:54 AM
God knows what Mr Fantastic would be tho.

A stretch limo