PDA

View Full Version : TF4 Age of Extinction Theatrical release dates

griffin
24th May 2014, 04:52 AM
Release dates around the world on the official Movie site (http://apps.paramountpictures.com/movie/transformers/releasedates/release-dates.html), for future reference.

At this time...

Australia - June 26th NOW 25th
New Zealand - June 26th
Hong Kong - June 26th (and China?)
Philippines - June 26th
Singapore - June 26th
Malaysia - June 26th

USA/Canada - June 27th
England - July 10th
Japan - August 8th

China wasn't listed, which is odd, as this fourth movie was so heavily targeting that country to boost Global box-office takings.

Note that some (football) countries just had their release date pushed back to mid July so that the World Cup (soccer/football) didn't impact on the box office takings.

Omega Metro
24th May 2014, 10:15 AM
I'd be really annoyed if I was in Japan!:mad:

Mythirax
24th May 2014, 10:49 PM

Wow, that is a crazy difference in date for Japan.

Sinnertwin
24th May 2014, 10:55 PM

They did get the '86 movie in '89. A month's nothing ;):p

Mythirax
24th May 2014, 11:10 PM
They did get the '86 movie in '89. A month's nothing ;):p

What :eek: ??? That's insane. Wonder how many, if any, traveled overseas to see it.

Sinnertwin
24th May 2014, 11:20 PM
What :eek: ??? That's insane. Wonder how many, if any, traveled overseas to see it.

Yeah. It had an '87 release scheduled, but stuff happened, soooo they screened it a little later. They had a summarized version of events in TVMagazine however :)
How many would've travelled abroad to see it? Oh, that's an easy one: 213.

Mythirax
24th May 2014, 11:22 PM
Yeah. It had an '87 release scheduled, but stuff happened, soooo they screened it a little later. They had a summarized version of events in TVMagazine however :)
How many would've travelled abroad to see it? Oh, that's an easy one: 213.

Haha are you serious, that's a real figure? 213? Or you just trolling poor ol' me ;)

GoktimusPrime
24th May 2014, 11:27 PM

Don't forget that it takes time to translate and add subtitles. And how long does it take Japanese movies to get released here? (and even then, usually just in very limited venues for very limited times... I still haven't seen live action Gatchaman, damnit! :().

Sinnertwin
24th May 2014, 11:27 PM
Haha are you serious, that's a real figure? 213? Or you just trolling poor ol' me ;)

Guilty as charged, your honour ;) :D

Mythirax
24th May 2014, 11:30 PM
Don't forget that it takes time to translate and add subtitles. And how long does it take Japanese movies to get released here? (and even then, usually just in very limited venues for very limited times... I still haven't seen live action Gatchaman, damnit! :().

Damn, multiple years for translation? That's insane.

Guilty as charged, your honour ;) :D

Always knew you hated me :p

Sinnertwin
24th May 2014, 11:40 PM
Always knew you hated me :p

I'm sorry. Let me get you a McHappy meal. I'll even let you keep the toy :p

Mythirax
25th May 2014, 12:09 AM
I'm sorry. Let me get you a McHappy meal. I'll even let you keep the toy :p

Haha, Smart A :p Did you ever open him? And did you ever get the vehicle/alt mode Breakdown one as well? :D

Sinnertwin
25th May 2014, 12:25 AM
Haha, Smart A :p Did you ever open him? And did you ever get the vehicle/alt mode Breakdown one as well? :D

He's still sealed, along with his other MISB/MOSC incarnations :) I did want to open it, but i much prefer him in his original packaging. Once i buy some new bookcases he'll have a shelf all to himself. Themselves?
No alt mode yet, unfortnately, but we'll get there

griffin
25th May 2014, 03:02 AM

Translations (dubbing and subtitles) don't take that long... especially if it is a big budget movie.
Since it is being released in most countries on June 26th, it stands to reason that they have it ready in all those other languages (dubbed or subbed).

When I was borrowing a copy of the Frozen Bluray (I swear, it wasn't mine :p ), I was amazed at how you could switch between the 8 or 9 languages throughout the movie... so I was entertaining myself by switching the languages, particularly when she was singing that main song.
I had expected it to just be subtitles, but to have it completely dubbed in so many languages (and this was just the European release), it mustn't have been that long to do.
(it was probably the only good thing I got out of that over-rated movie... hehehe)

Mythirax
25th May 2014, 12:44 PM
He's still sealed, along with his other MISB/MOSC incarnations :) I did want to open it, but i much prefer him in his original packaging. Once i buy some new bookcases he'll have a shelf all to himself. Themselves?
No alt mode yet, unfortnately, but we'll get there

Well if you ever need a loose robot form one still. I got like 20 of them.

When I was borrowing a copy of the Frozen Bluray (I swear, it wasn't mine :p ), I was amazed at how you could switch between the 8 or 9 languages throughout the movie... so I was entertaining myself by switching the languages, particularly when she was singing that main song.

I can only imagine how trippy that would of been :D

christalcase
25th May 2014, 03:06 PM
When I was borrowing a copy of the Frozen Bluray (I swear, it wasn't mine :p )

There's no shame in being a Disney fan :D

Paulbot
25th May 2014, 04:11 PM
Disney showed off the multilingual versions of Frozen/Let It Go themselves on YouTube (http://youtu.be/OC83NA5tAGE) so you found something for yourself that people knew about. (Best Disney princess film ever, Tangled a close second)

Most animated films would surely be redubbed rather than making children read.

DOTM was already dubbed over in French and Italian at the same time it came out in the US. Made it hard for me, in Europe at the time, to find a cinema showing it in English (and when I did it had French subtitles).

DELTAprime
25th May 2014, 05:33 PM
There's no shame in being a Disney fan :D

I love Disney. I can't wait to have a full set of Pixar movies in 3D. I watched Frozen a couple of nights ago and really liked it. Nothing wrong with a good Disney movie.

ILikeSoundwave
28th May 2014, 08:40 PM
Just saw over on the Event cinemas site that there are plenty of sessions for Wednesday the 25th:confused: I thought it was the 26th?

Mythirax
28th May 2014, 08:53 PM
Just saw over on the Event cinemas site that there are plenty of sessions for Wednesday the 25th:confused: I thought it was the 26th?

Midnight Screening maybe? Or possibly a day early with some cinemas. Pretty sure I seen that sort of thing happen before :D

ILikeSoundwave
28th May 2014, 08:55 PM
Midnight Screening maybe? Or possibly a day early with some cinemas. Pretty sure I seen that sort of thing happen before :D

Yea, I don't mind, as long it get to see it earlier I'm thrilled :D

Mythirax
28th May 2014, 08:56 PM
Yea, I don't mind, as long it get to see it earlier I'm thrilled :D

That's the spirit :D !

Omega Metro
30th May 2014, 12:16 AM
Just bought my tickets to AOE for Wednesday 25th!:D

griffin
1st June 2014, 05:24 PM
Movie length is expected to be about 2 hours 30 minutes plus credits (https://twitter.com/S4TE/statuses/472915274031955968)... Michael Bay should still be editing the movie, so with adding about 3-4 minutes of credits, it could be a few minutes either side of that total number.

For those wondering...
TF1 - 2 hours 24 minutes
TF2 - 2 hours 29 minutes
TF3 - 2 hours 34 minutes

This one should end up being the same length as the previous three.

Less than four weeks to go now...

5FDP
2nd June 2014, 12:05 PM
Was in the city yesterday for the MS Walk and noticed it's being advertised for IMAX. Looking on their website, they have a release date of June 24th @ 11:59 PM. As ILikeSoundwave picked up, looks like the movie actually starts on the 25th as most cinemas have a 10 AM session on that day. So this means that if anyone was planning on going to a midnight opening session, it would have to be the Tuesday, not Wednesday as originally thought.

griffin
2nd June 2014, 05:55 PM
That is odd, as the Paramount site in the first post still says 26th.

Mythirax
2nd June 2014, 09:20 PM
I contacted the cinemas around me and used their online bookings. None of them have any sessions at all for the 25th.

griffin
3rd June 2014, 12:50 AM
Okay....
This is interesting.

Below are some links to the three main movie sites for advance bookings of tickets, and despite all the sites saying on their main pages that TF4 starts on Thursday 26th, each have sessions on sale for the 25th (including midnight sessions at most cinemas at the end of the 24th June).

Hoyts (http://www.hoyts.com.au/movies/2014/transformers_age_of_extinction.aspx)

Event (http://www.eventcinemas.com.au/movie/Transformers-Age-Of-Extinction) (advance book online for a chance to win a trip of 3 nights in Hong Kong (http://www.eventcinemas.com.au/EventsPromotions/TransformersAgeOfExtinctionWorldPremiereCompetitio n) for the world premiere on June 19th)

Imax Sydney (http://www.imax.com.au/films/transformers-4-age-of-extinction/) - Imax Melbourne (http://www.imaxmelbourne.com.au/movie/transformers_age_of_extinction_3d)

Looks like another trip to Sydney to see the Imax version...

(for some strange reason, the Hoyts near me doesn't have it listed as an upcoming movie... and their future movie list goes up to September.)

griffin
3rd June 2014, 01:31 AM
I just realised that I don't get back to Australia until Wednesday morning, so don't even get a chance at the Tuesday Midnight screening... and will be too tired to enjoy the movie on Wednesday at all. :(
(I was seriously considering going to the Tuesday midnight Imax screening in Sydney)

I know, I know... big tragedy... but it is still nice to be able to recall being one of the first to see or be a part of something significant in the fandom, no matter what it is.... for years to come.

Mythirax
3rd June 2014, 06:03 AM
I know, I know... big tragedy... but it is still nice to be able to recall being one of the first to see or be a part of something significant in the fandom, no matter what it is.... for years to come.

It sucks when it's something you want to do. I wanted to go to a midnight screening but the cinema near me has renovations around it at the moment, so will just be a pain. So I'll wait till morning :D Are you out of the country at the moment, seeming as you can't attend one of the first sessions?

griffin
3rd June 2014, 06:08 AM
Are you out of the country at the moment, seeming as you can't attend one of the first sessions?

BotCon in a couple weeks time.

Mythirax
3rd June 2014, 05:06 PM
BotCon in a couple weeks time.

Silly me, shortly after I posted it I realized why. Forgot to delete the post. Ah well, cool none the less :D

DELTAprime
7th June 2014, 04:34 AM
I was at gametrailers.com watching some pre-E3 coverage. A pre-role ad for AOE showed up and it said June 25 both in text and voice over. Looks like we are getting premier of a Transformers movie on a Wednesday again.

Gametrailers is an American site but they have Australian ads for Australian viewers. Anyone able to get a clarification from Paramount?

jazzcomp
7th June 2014, 07:26 AM
Event and Hoyts cinemas advance ticket reservation shows June 25

Omega Metro
7th June 2014, 09:13 AM
Sure do. I bought my tickets last week at Hoyts for the 25th.

BigTransformerTrev
8th June 2014, 07:44 PM

Yeah, Village does as well, though they STILL don't have the gold class tickets up to pre-book :mad:

griffin
8th June 2014, 09:31 PM
Post #28 has links to the various theatres showing the 25th.

I think it is still the 27th in America... so I'm not sure why we've suddenly been given an extra day and no one else has.

DELTAprime
9th June 2014, 02:44 PM
so I'm not sure why we've suddenly been given an extra day and no one else has.

I don't know about the first movie but I'm fairly sure ROTF was a Wednesday release and I clearly remember DOTM was a Wednesday. Maybe someone at Paramount Australia has a Transformers tradition going.:confused:

griffin
11th June 2014, 06:03 PM
Event Cinemas have on their site (http://www.eventcinemas.com.au/EventsPromotions/Free3DGlasses), free exclusive TF4 3D glasses on the 25th June... while stocks last. (might not be at all Event Cinemas)

griffin
11th June 2014, 10:24 PM
Fans in the UK have had the release date brought forward, to the 5th of July from the 10th (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/transformers-movie-just-movie-31/transformers-age-of-extinction-uk-release-brought-forward-to-july-5th-180268/). Still a week after most of the rest of the world.

griffin
12th June 2014, 12:43 PM
The Paramount site in the first post has now been updated with the new Australian date of the 25th... making it official - we are world first. (for an as yet, unknown reason)

And the TV commercials are saying the 25th as well.

BigTransformerTrev
12th June 2014, 01:29 PM
How are people going with booking tickets? Village still has Gold Class tickets only for Albury :(:mad:

Sinnertwin
12th June 2014, 01:49 PM
How are people going with booking tickets? Village still has Gold Class tickets only for Albury :(:mad:

Haven't bothered yet. I'll probably watch it the week after its release. CBF doing a midnight screening either now

Mythirax
12th June 2014, 01:53 PM
The Paramount site in the first post has now been updated with the new Australian date of the 25th... making it official - we are world first. (for an as yet, unknown reason)

And the TV commercials are saying the 25th as well.

This makes me happy. I wasn't able to go on the 26th, but I'm free on the 25th!

BigTransformerTrev
13th June 2014, 10:15 PM
YAY!!!! They have FINALLY started selling Gold Class tickets at Village Cinemas in Melbourne.

Because I've been checking twice a day for weeks I got in first so got me and my two buddies premo seats at Knox for the 8.50pm showing on the 25th! Sadly it's only in 2D, 3D tickets only being sold at Crown and Albury at this point but I can live with that.

YES YES YES YES YES!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

5FDP
14th June 2014, 12:18 AM
Tickets all booked for the 26th @ Macquarie Centre :cool: Organised a group of about 14 of us (all work people).

BigTransformerTrev
14th June 2014, 08:28 AM
Tickets all booked for the 26th @ Macquarie Centre :cool: Organised a group of about 14 of us (all work people).

Nice!

The first two movies I went and saw in Gold Class with my wife and a mate, then went again to IMAX with about 30 friends and threw a party afterwards. DOTM and AOE - well now I live a 4 hour drive from Melb so just getting to Melb for the opening night is Gold Class is enough. My wife is very happy that she doesn't have to go this time as she is staying home with the bub and I'm taking two mates instead :)

griffin
21st June 2014, 12:40 AM
Total running time (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/transformers-movie-just-movie-31/transformers-4-age-of-extinction-official-classification-running-time-revealed-180430/) is now apparently 2 hours and 45 minutes.

Mythirax
21st June 2014, 01:31 AM
This could be including credits? Wasn't Bays 2.5 hour not including them?

ILikeSoundwave
24th June 2014, 05:16 PM
Just bought my tickets for tomorrow night!:D Can't wait!:D

Mythirax
24th June 2014, 05:18 PM
Just bought my tickets for tomorrow night!:D Can't wait!:D

Same here :D So, so pumped!

Penetrator
25th June 2014, 06:41 PM
just came out of the movie!

Mythirax
25th June 2014, 08:17 PM
Well I got to say... I loved it. I enjoyed it a lot more than the first three :D

Skullcruncher
26th June 2014, 07:42 AM
Yeah so did I, a couple of odd spots that I couldn't quite explain which I'm sure others will bring up but overall great success! :)

chuttla
26th June 2014, 06:56 PM
Watched it last night, LOVED it! i think it made a big difference with the new cast. the new bots i feel where better characterised, the villains had more presence. I will be seeing it again!

Omega Metro
28th June 2014, 09:16 AM
Apparently AOE has earned $8.8US million on its opening Thursday in US.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2014/06/27/box-office-transformers-age-of-extinction-earns-8-8m-on-thursday/

orionpax1
29th June 2014, 03:30 PM
A great movie, action from the start, will be seeing this again.