PDA

View Full Version : JP Age of Extinction Optimus Prime, Rusty version

GoktimusPrime
9th June 2014, 03:12 PM
Age of Extinction Ultra Magnus^Optimus Prime, rusty version! ;)
http://www.toysrus.co.jp/s/dsg-470994200

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/Transformers/meme_customfaded_zpsb97ffe1f.jpg

davieanix
9th June 2014, 03:22 PM
This is pretty cool!

ILikeSoundwave
9th June 2014, 03:23 PM
Getting it.

Omega Metro
9th June 2014, 03:24 PM
Interesting. I think I like it it.:rolleyes:

CBratron
9th June 2014, 03:27 PM
Remember how I kept griping about Evasion Mode Prime's screen accuracy or lack thereof? It was about time somebody did it right.

yoshi594
9th June 2014, 03:33 PM
faceplate as well! BOS! bought on sight!

The_Damned
9th June 2014, 03:42 PM
they don't ship to australia. :(

millhouse
9th June 2014, 04:05 PM
Hmm... I really want this.

If anyone's arranging a group sale, consider this an invite to PM me.

DELTAprime
9th June 2014, 04:31 PM
Trust Takara to do a movie accurate deco. Hasbro you could learn something...

Shirokaze
9th June 2014, 05:44 PM
I've been waiting for this repaint before investing in the mould. He will be my one and only AoE figure :)

MayzaPrime
9th June 2014, 05:56 PM
Really want this!!!!

Now just have to source it :rolleyes:

Mythirax
9th June 2014, 10:33 PM
I wish the normal voyager version had a face plate :(

crankcase76
10th June 2014, 09:22 AM
Yep, i have to have it! :D

Omega Metro
10th June 2014, 04:24 PM
Robotkingdom have it for pre-order:)

http://www.robotkingdom.com/ad02r.html

yoshi594
10th June 2014, 05:12 PM

mmm decent price I guess...

estimation of 21.57 USD to WA. mmm to get now or wait?!

millhouse
10th June 2014, 05:12 PM

And ordered! Cheers for the heads up!

Omega Metro
10th June 2014, 05:22 PM
mmm decent price I guess...

estimation of 21.57 USD to WA. mmm to get now or wait?!

Me thinking the same. Nobody else seems to have it as yet but they have about 60 at RK.

Zommael
10th June 2014, 05:36 PM
Well, that's a boring pile of grey plastic just like Hasbro said it would be. I guess they don't lie after all. Easy skip.

crankcase76
10th June 2014, 07:14 PM
Also ordered mine from RK.

The_Damned
10th June 2014, 07:24 PM
ordered. thanks guys for the heads up.

Omega Metro
10th June 2014, 07:46 PM
I wonder how hard it would be to just paint (or de-paint) a regular evasion Op to look like this? I'm sure even I could do it.:D

yoshi594
10th June 2014, 07:57 PM
I wonder how hard it would be to just paint (or de-paint) a regular evasion Op to look like this? I'm sure even I could do it.:D

u'd have to repaint the platinum edition cos of the faceplate :)

Sinnertwin
10th June 2014, 08:58 PM
Or the Evolutions two-pack version.
But then you'd also have a spare Classics Optimus...

Zommael
10th June 2014, 09:35 PM
Or the Evolutions two-pack version.
But then you'd also have a spare Classics Optimus...

Why not repaint that grey, too? Hell, why not repaint every Transformer you own grey (or beige)? Then you could have a completely boring grey collection and just sit yawning as you look at them.

...sorry. I think I've made my feelings on this toy known.

yoshi594
10th June 2014, 09:39 PM
Why not repaint that grey, too? Hell, why not repaint every Transformer you own grey (or beige)? Then you could have a completely boring grey collection and just sit yawning as you look at them.

...sorry. I think I've made my feelings on this toy known.

lol watch the movie trailer or the movie and i'm sure your feelings will change...

Zommael
10th June 2014, 10:26 PM
lol watch the movie trailer or the movie and i'm sure your feelings will change...

So it shows up like this in the movie. That doesn't change the fact that grey is boring.

Omega Metro
10th June 2014, 10:38 PM
I had a real close up view of the photos and there is actually a lot of detail in this. Bullet holes too. Just hope the final version will be just like that. I actually think it looks great in grey.

The_Damned
11th June 2014, 04:58 AM
So it shows up like this in the movie. That doesn't change the fact that grey is boring.

you don't have to like it.

Sinnertwin
11th June 2014, 12:23 PM

I didnt realise that mass produced, inanimate plastic objects would frustrate you so

Zommael
11th June 2014, 02:22 PM
you don't have to like it.

I didnt realise that mass produced, inanimate plastic objects would frustrate you so

It frustrates me that the fandom complains about the amount of Hasbro grey used on toys - which I agree with, and I utterly hate - but then demands that perfectly acceptable toys like Evasion Mode Optimus or the frankly beautiful movie dinobots be reduced to lumps of grey with a few splotches on like this, in the name of a perceived "accuracy" either to nostalgia or to a movie. I would much rather have some imagination and fun in my toys than slavish adherence to boring colour schemes. Sorry for being a party pooper, but the fact that people are saying this toy is amazing is frustrating when it's so, so... boring.

Sinnertwin
11th June 2014, 05:32 PM
You're not a party pooper by any means. You dont like this version of Prime's colour scheme, while others do. You prefer fun & imagination while others are after movie accuracy and so on and so forth. If we all had the same tastes, this place would be as boring as the proverbial

Omega Metro
13th June 2014, 12:31 AM
BBTS have it now on pre-order..
http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=TAK11911&mode=retail

Sinnertwin
22nd June 2014, 01:23 PM
Hasbro are also coming to the party. Scrapyard Optimus Prime as he is known, will be released in a three pack along side Rollbar & Vehicon, who are repaints of the Generations Skids & DoTM Crankcase moulds

http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/botcon-2014-coverage-age-of-extinction-generations-and-platinum-edition-showroom-galleries/30630/

Mythirax
22nd June 2014, 01:28 PM
Hasbro are also coming to the party. Scrapyard Optimus Prime as he is known, will be released in a three pack along side Rollbar & Vehicon, who are repaints of the Generations Skids & DoTM Crankcase moulds

http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/botcon-2014-coverage-age-of-extinction-generations-and-platinum-edition-showroom-galleries/30630/

Looks like he doesn't have a Faceplate though? I do like how Rollbar looks however :D

Sinnertwin
22nd June 2014, 01:47 PM
Looks like he doesn't have a Faceplate though? I do like how Rollbar looks however :D

Faceplate or not, it will be mine. Oh, it will be mine :p

Mythirax
22nd June 2014, 02:18 PM
Faceplate or not, it will be mine. Oh, it will be mine :p

Haha, I think I'll be waiting still. I got the normal Voyager so I'm happy so far :D

yoshi594
22nd June 2014, 03:27 PM

his paintjob pales in comparison to tak tom. What's with all the black on him?

Just saw the other platinum pack with drift/bee/evasion prime/etc, and i'm defo getting rid of my myers plat edition now...that pack has the best rendition of evasion prime with faceplate!

Omega Metro
22nd June 2014, 03:35 PM
I already bought the TakTom version but want this also especially that 'Vehicon' (Crankcase) repaint.

Sinnertwin
22nd June 2014, 04:13 PM
his paintjob pales in comparison to tak tom. What's with all the black on him?

At least it's not grey ;)

GoktimusPrime
22nd June 2014, 07:30 PM
It frustrates me that the fandom complains about the amount of Hasbro grey used on toys - which I agree with, and I utterly hate - but then demands that perfectly acceptable toys like Evasion Mode Optimus or the frankly beautiful movie dinobots be reduced to lumps of grey with a few splotches on like this, in the name of a perceived "accuracy" either to nostalgia or to a movie. I would much rather have some imagination and fun in my toys than slavish adherence to boring colour schemes. Sorry for being a party pooper, but the fact that people are saying this toy is amazing is frustrating when it's so, so... boring.
I agree, hence the meme that I posted on post #1 of this thread. ;)

crankcase76
22nd June 2014, 09:45 PM
I already bought the TakTom version but want this also especially that 'Vehicon' (Crankcase) repaint.

Well it's about time i had a repaint, wish they could do a remould on my body though.....due to age.:D:D:rolleyes:

Omega Metro
22nd June 2014, 10:03 PM
Well it's about time i had a repaint, wish they could do a remould on my body though.....due to age.:D:D:rolleyes:

Tell me about it!:D

Mythirax
23rd June 2014, 12:28 AM
Just saw the other platinum pack with drift/bee/evasion prime/etc, and i'm defo getting rid of my myers plat edition now...that pack has the best rendition of evasion prime with faceplate!

Totally agree, and tempted to do the same. Although, all I need is his head :(

MayzaPrime
26th June 2014, 08:36 PM
^

I will be getting that 5 pack as well. It looks awesome! :D

Mythirax
26th June 2014, 08:43 PM
^

I will be getting that 5 pack as well. It looks awesome! :D

The Bee in the 5 pack seems to look better than the Wave 3? Deluxe version. The 5 Pack one has a much thicker legs and gives it more bulk. Where as the deluxe looks to be a typical skinny bee.

Zommael
27th June 2014, 11:27 AM
The Japanese version is still horrible, but the Platinum edition one is pretty nice. I prefer the tan shade and the gunmetal grey and glossy black they appear to be using look nice (though I wouldn't be surprised if parts of that end up being some shade of grey plastic). Now I'm torn between this version and the Evolutions 2-pack... of course I'll get both if I can, and if I can afford to.

Is anyone else thinking these Platinum Editions would have to be the Myer exclusive platinum series for "later this year" which Hasbro mentioned a while back?