PDA

View Full Version : RIP Rick Mayall

BigTransformerTrev
10th June 2014, 03:31 PM
Rick Mayall died today, age 56.

Police say there is nothing suspicious. Apparently his health hasn't been the best since a quad-bike accident in the late 90's but cause of death has yet to be determined.

I loved ya Rick! :) I have all of The Young Ones on official VHS tapes and got the box-set DVD's of Bottom as well as the live shows downloaded. Still break them out now and then. Even loved The Dangerous Brothers and your guest apperances in Black Adder. :D

RIP a comedy legend :(

Omega Metro
10th June 2014, 03:36 PM
Yes. So young also. RIP:(

VERT
10th June 2014, 03:46 PM
Yeah thats sad. Rick was real good. :(

CBratron
10th June 2014, 04:19 PM
Liked him best in Grim Tales. Would watch that after school.

1AZRAEL1
10th June 2014, 11:49 PM
As Adrian Edmonson said previous, after Rik's accident, he just wasn't the same :(

It is a shame too. Still love Guesthouse Paradiso, so many great pain gags.

A true loss of a great comedic voice :(

1AZRAEL1
11th June 2014, 02:03 AM
Probably one of the best tributes and quite typical coming from Ade Edmondson

“They were some of the most carefree stupid days I ever had, and I feel privileged to have shared them with him. And now he’s died for real. Without me. Selfish bastard.”

BigTransformerTrev
11th June 2014, 08:53 AM
Probably one of the best tributes and quite typical coming from Ade Edmondson

“They were some of the most carefree stupid days I ever had, and I feel privileged to have shared them with him. And now he’s died for real. Without me. Selfish bastard.”

Heh - that is so Ade! And a perfect quote to describe their relationship. If anyone gets a chance, read 'The Gobbler' by Adrian Edmondson, it's almost as if he based the protagonist on an exaggerated version of Rik :)