Deonasis
17th June 2014, 07:27 AM
So Daniel is a bad piggy? Oops!

Shirokaze
17th June 2014, 07:50 AM
Awesome, will buy! :D

Jinto
17th June 2014, 09:06 AM
Star Wars Angry Birds had some neat new features, I'll definitely check this one out too. :-)

Omega Metro
17th June 2014, 10:09 AM
Tut tut tut! What is the world coming to.;)

MayzaPrime
17th June 2014, 06:15 PM
Haha awesome!

griffin
3rd July 2014, 01:28 PM
Some artwork has been released of the Transformers Angry Birds (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/video-games-17/transformers-angry-birds-images-180608/), which look to be Angry Birds characters dressed up as Transformers characters.

griffin
16th July 2014, 07:53 PM
Four of the Angry Birds Transformers names have been found (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/video-games-17/transformers-angry-birds-trademarks-reveal-character-names-180713/)....

Optimus Red
Bumblebird
Megahog
Starsqueal

Since we had Star Wars Angry Birds toys, I'm expecting that we might get some of these as toys too... eventually.

tinyJazz
21st July 2014, 11:07 PM
Toy Images!
(http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/hasbro-angry-birds-transformers-optimus-prime-bird-race-set-and-energon-racers-preorders/30855/)
The telepods appear to transform.

They're still weird.

KaRNiV8L PRiME
24th July 2014, 11:14 PM
Trailer

http://youtu.be/ExD-ZX-Z_Ds

griffin
27th July 2014, 07:41 PM
IDW are doing a comic for Angry Birds Transformers as well (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/comics-16/idw-transformers-angry-birds-miniseries-180815/).

The Allspark lands on Piggy Island, infusing the people with Transformers personalities.

BigTransformerTrev
28th July 2014, 02:03 PM
IDW are doing a comic for Angry Birds Transformers as well (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/comics-16/idw-transformers-angry-birds-miniseries-180815/).

The Allspark lands on Piggy Island, infusing the people with Transformers personalities.

I've herd them talking about how it will be a funny comic - it will have to be damn good to beat the humor of Mars Attacks/G1 Transformers one from a year or two ago :D

griffin
28th July 2014, 06:27 PM
Oh yeah, I missed mentioning that - it isn't going to be a serious comic... probably more like that Mars Attacks one.

griffin
1st August 2014, 12:47 AM
Official images (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/other-news-20/transformers-angry-birds-toy-images-180855/) of some of the toys that come out in America in October.

Deonasis
1st August 2014, 12:50 PM
That is a nice little Soundwave.

griffin
1st August 2014, 11:46 PM
Seen in one of the other news postings that had a number of different toylines in the one Seibertron posting, official images of two Angry Birds launcher sets (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/other-news-20/transformers-angry-birds-jenga-sets-180864/), that have non-convertible figures that you aim at a larger figure - one made of jenga bricks, the other with a spring-loaded target.

Quite a few items coming out in October in America (exclusive to ToysRUs), so I'd be expecting to see these here as well somewhere.

griffin
16th September 2014, 04:21 PM
So Daniel is a bad piggy? Oops!

I just realised what you mean, after seeing this side-by-side image (http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-9hN6wgO48_Y/U6cKsDyqFhI/AAAAAAAAE_8/pHlzbD1e15A/s640/angry-birds-transformers-transformers-the-movie-comparison.jpg).

Bartrim
26th September 2014, 08:06 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejZmRyraq2g

Official gameplay trailer.

Paulbot
26th September 2014, 09:14 AM
Not the gameplay I was expecting. I didn't like Angry Birds Space/Star Wars and am intrigued by this platform/shooter combination.

(Would be better still if the Angry Birds elements were removed, somewhat more like that original C64 Transformers game perhaps!)

tinyJazz
27th September 2014, 01:28 PM
Now available on ios in Australia.

AJ_Prime
27th September 2014, 11:32 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejZmRyraq2g

Official gameplay trailer.

This looks interesting, I'm very curious to download it and have a go. Just have to wait another 3 days before it's available on Google Play....

Paulbot
29th September 2014, 01:00 PM
I'm enjoying the game. The Transformers elements add a nice touch. There's still some classic Angry Birds elements to it. Haven't figured out all the game dynamics yet, Optimus Prime bird seems to have disappeared completely for some reason, but it's fun and kind of funny. I'm not sure how long term my interest will last, there doesn't seem to be any 3 stars on levels to aim for either, but it's a fun distraction at the moment,

Bartrim
29th September 2014, 01:34 PM
On a side note my 7 year old son was playing "Angry Birds Stella" on the ipad the other day and on the level he was playing (it might be on all levels, I don't know sorry) there was a tv with "toons" written on it. He tapped on it and it opened with a menu to watch several cartoons including several full episodes of G1.

griffin
1st October 2014, 09:54 PM
More of the Angry Bird TFs toys have been found in America (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/crossovers-12/angry-birds-transformers-jenga-toy-spotted-at-retail-181234/)... so if we are getting them here, it might be soon. (the game is here, so chances are, the toys will be, to cash in)

Paulbot
3rd October 2014, 05:30 PM
I've been playing the game a fair bit, unlocking new characters. It's a bit disappointing how many repaints there are in the game though!

I kind of want to buy a RescueBots Heatwave now. That character amuses me the most in the game.

The Toons Tv is present but not working yet.

griffin
3rd October 2014, 10:52 PM
More of the toys have been found in American retail, as per their intended release schedule.
Single packs, Double packs, and the 5-pack (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/video-games-17/angry-birds-transformers-toys-spotted-at-retail-181256/)... which will be in Australia in late November-December.

mknell
5th October 2014, 11:47 AM
This looks interesting, I'm very curious to download it and have a go. Just have to wait another 3 days before it's available on Google Play....

Still not available on Google play :-(

Hursticon
5th October 2014, 11:57 PM
Goddamnit, there's a Soundwave-Pig... Goddamnit! >_< :p

AJ_Prime
6th October 2014, 12:51 AM
Still not available on Google play :-(

Sorry it appears I got the date wrong. Oct 31st for android.

M-bot
6th October 2014, 09:44 AM
I've been playing since release. It's a fun time waster, if you have time to spare, you can do a level in a minute or so. I noticed something odd the other day - initially the graphics were very disappointing and basic, large blocks of colour on the characters, very little detail. 2 days ago, the graphics on my game became much more detailed and the characters coloured and detailed more interestingly. Was this because I'd passed a certain level? I didn't seem to get any notification of this. Did it happen to anyone else?

I'm also torn between using coins to open up new areas (and characters) or to upgrade characters. I can't seem to get too far in the game without doing both.

Paulbot
6th October 2014, 10:24 AM
I've been playing since release. It's a fun time waster, if you have time to spare, you can do a level in a minute or so. I noticed something odd the other day - initially the graphics were very disappointing and basic, large blocks of colour on the characters, very little detail. 2 days ago, the graphics on my game became much more detailed and the characters coloured and detailed more interestingly. Was this because I'd passed a certain level? I didn't seem to get any notification of this. Did it happen to anyone else?

I'm also torn between using coins to open up new areas (and characters) or to upgrade characters. I can't seem to get too far in the game without doing both.

Haven't noticed any graphic updates on my version.

The new areas have been disappointing, only one level or so unlocked at a time, and all the recent new characters have been repaints of earlier ones.
And when you have the new characters you don't get to play with the earlier ones as much - I haven't played a level with 'Red as Optimus Prime' in a long time.

So I'm spending coins on upgrades at the moment. Also, every four hours each 'free' location generates 400 coins for your bank.

Zippo
6th October 2014, 06:58 PM
Come on Google Play

I have a 3rd Gen iPod Touch, so I dusted it off (I only use it as an alarm clock now since its stuck on iOS 5) and looked through the app store. Strangely the app didn't fail to install due to iOS version but because I don't have a front facing camera.

Why do I need a camera to play a game?

mknell
6th October 2014, 07:36 PM
Come on Google Play

I have a 3rd Gen iPod Touch, so I dusted it off (I only use it as an alarm clock now since its stuck on iOS 5) and looked through the app store. Strangely the app didn't fail to install due to iOS version but because I don't have a front facing camera.

They told me items a requirement for games which is a lead of crap. That was with pants vs zombies 2 for my iPad and that actually is on ios 6

Sharky
6th October 2014, 08:36 PM
Come on Google Play

the camera is for the telepods aspect of it you put the telepod over the camera and it reads the tiny qr code on the bottom of the bird..

its stupid should atleast let you play the normal version tho but its the main gimmick of the game

reillyd
6th October 2014, 11:13 PM
I'm stuck playing the same levels endlessly. Is there an easier way to collect coins to open new levels? Am I missing some part of the gameplay here?

Paulbot
7th October 2014, 07:11 AM
Not really, it's mostly the same levels over and over. Every four hours though a completed level should spawn 400 coins for you.

reillyd
7th October 2014, 07:57 PM
Not really, it's mostly the same levels over and over. Every four hours though a completed level should spawn 400 coins for you.

Ahh, that makes more sense. So just come back a few times a day to collect coins. I can do that - cheaper than paying :)

Sharky
9th October 2014, 10:55 AM
without having the actual Telepods to interact with the game i find it gets boring pretty fast as apposed to the more traditional style of angy birds.

it is kind of disapointing that the game is released without the supporting toy line.

griffin
13th October 2014, 12:54 AM
For those playing the game, and the music is Transformers themed, it seems that the legendary Vince DiCola (musician for the 1986 Movie), was signed on to work on the music for the Angry Birds game (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/video-games-17/vince-dicola-and-kenny-meriedeth-composing-music-for-angry-birds-transformers-181325/).

DELTAprime
17th October 2014, 10:26 AM
I was just looking at BBTS's listings for the Angry Birds TF's. Looks like it's going to be rather expensive to get the handful of characters I want. I really don't see the price being justified for such tiny basic Transformers.

griffin
17th October 2014, 02:37 PM
I didn't think BBTS would be stocking them, because like Kreo this year, the Angry Birds were supposed to be a ToysRUs exclusive. Unless the ones they are listing are general release, and all the rest are TRU exclusives.
Considering their prices are about the same US retail, they must be getting them from Hasbro... who wouldn't sell them to other stores if they were meant to be exclusive.

But yes it sucks, as it's like Botshots, in which you often had to import the whole wave just to get a certain character, or buy a multi-pack... because there is just not enough demand for them to sell individual toys without the risk of being stuck with heaps of the lesser known characters.

Paulbot
21st October 2014, 03:26 PM
Rescued Brawl today. Another stupid repaint. I want to unlock Arcee but I'm pretty much done with this game. Burying the "on the package" characters deep down and putting repaints ahead of them is really annoying.

Some sort of character select option would be nice too, even within some limits.

Not doing the current upgrade yet, given the extra coin costs it's added in.

Sharky
22nd October 2014, 12:45 PM
Rescued Brawl today. Another stupid repaint. I want to unlock Arcee but I'm pretty much done with this game. Burying the "on the package" characters deep down and putting repaints ahead of them is really annoying.

Some sort of character select option would be nice too, even within some limits.

Not doing the current upgrade yet, given the extra coin costs it's added in.

i know what you mean, today i uncovered Energon Starscrem.. i havn't even unlocked or rescued normal starscream. and since the update the otherday everything is costing astronomical amount of coins to progress and level up. it is a game i think will be different once the telepods are involved but why release a game without having the physical aspect of it avaliable. (starwars was on shelf in time) it is bad planning and the game is become tedious and boring

Sharky
23rd October 2014, 09:47 PM
I just discovered that you can purchase the soundtrack in the iTunes Store $10.something

Paulbot
27th October 2014, 02:51 PM
I've put off updating the app given Sharky's experiences with the increase costs of unlocking things after updating.

Last night I found that my characters had been used in an event, something that often gives you a free crystal or two.

Somehow though I had earnt 1750 million crystals!

With that many free crystals I was able to fully upgrade all my characters to their max levels and unlock areas without enough coins. It basically unlocked the rest of the game for me.

And then this morning I open it up and the game has been reset to the beginning. All progress, areas opened, characters unlocked and levelled up -- all gone!

I have no interest in doing all that again, unless they give me enough crystals to get me back to where I was before the glitch.

I've deleted the app.

i_amtrunks
27th October 2014, 06:14 PM
I've deleted the app.

I am considering it. It's no longer fun with all the missiles that are actually physically impossible to shoot down and you get punished for upgrading characters.

I shouldn't have to grind for 3 days to get 60,000 coins to unlock the 10th or so character, when the game isn't fun it isn't getting played.

Was considering getting a Heatwave or something when they were released but now there is no way.

DELTAprime
30th October 2014, 07:38 PM
OK, so if you haven't updated to the latest version of AB TF I suggest you don't. I'm getting preroll ads before each stage now and it's really pissing me off. I might cancel my preorder of the toys from BBTS because of this.

EDIT: The amount of ads I'm getting has dropped off today, hope it stays that way. I hope when you use the toys with the game they turn off pre-roll ads totally.

Zippo
31st October 2014, 07:00 PM
Downloaded it today on Android and already about to remove it

BigTransformerTrev
1st November 2014, 09:22 AM
I'm quite enjoying playing it in small bursts - a fun little distraction :)

i_amtrunks
14th November 2014, 07:36 PM
Gotten back into it a bit but now I've got a lovely glitch where every time I transform into vehicle mode the screen goes black. The vehicle and ally counters are still useable and recharge but the screen is otherwise unresponsive. Looks like I'll be waiting for the next patch before I start up again.

Ah well, it was fun while it lasted.

griffin
14th November 2014, 10:25 PM
Are the toys a benefit to the game, as in, does it mean you don't need to buy the characters that the toys can teleport into the game (with their square barcode)?

I bought some of them yesterday, but have no interest in the game... but don't want to waste the barcodes if there is a value to them (like the codes packed in with the Construct-Bots and BotShots).
The barcode squares are really tiny though (the matrix thingy is actually a magnifying glass), so I don't think they'd be too easy to scan an email.
Besides, I wonder if the barcode for one character (eg Bumblebee) is the same for every Bumblebee... or if every Bumblebee has a different one to prevent kids from sharing, to force them to buy the toys that their friends have if they want that character in the game.

i_amtrunks
14th November 2014, 10:52 PM
Are the toys a benefit to the game, as in, does it mean you don't need to buy the characters that the toys can teleport into the game (with their square barcode)?

The barcode squares are really tiny though (the matrix thingy is actually a magnifying glass), so I don't think they'd be too easy to scan.

If you have not already bought the figures, once you scan them it unlocks them. You then use the qr codes on the bottoms to recharge the characters for free when you die. Otherwise I do not believe there are any other benefits.

I have a Galvatron and heat wave figure, and they are fantastic toys, at a too expensive price point, just like Botshots.

griffin
15th November 2014, 11:34 AM
The AB toys are half the size of BotShots, but are about the same price (here and America).
I think that similar price-point for half as much toy is paying for royalties to the Angry Birds company, as well as paying for the inclusion of those characters in the game (if it means you don't buy them from the game itself).

BigTransformerTrev
10th December 2014, 08:09 PM
Is anyone else's game mucking up? Sometimes I complete a level and it doesn't register. Other times I die during a level and it doesn't acknowledge the coins I got during it even though it is just supposed to delete the pigs. I've checked and there are no app updates I am supposed to have.

I love the game, but these stuff-ups are getting irritating

The_Damned
10th December 2014, 08:39 PM
yup the coding on the game is terrible as much as i like it, i am finding it too glitchy and the water look horrible after the update.

crankcase76
10th December 2014, 11:16 PM

Yes as stated if you dont have them in the game they unlock them, but if you have played without them then scan them in it will give them a Boost in their overall attributes. They should have yellowish power circulate around them.

griffin
24th December 2014, 01:10 PM
I want to create a separate thread for the game, from the toys... but don't have time today, so will just stick this here for now.

Updates to the Android version of the Angry Birds game (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/video-games-17/angry-birds-transformers-christmas-2014-update-181733/). Apparently the Apple version isn't getting as many updates or at the same time.

1AZRAEL1
2nd January 2015, 08:21 PM
It's still fun. The figures add a little to the game. Makes them a little more powerful in the game. Update was good too.

Zippo
3rd January 2015, 11:40 AM
I gave up, first update made levels unplayable by crashing the game. However I was grinding away collecting my free coins in order to upgrade to level 80 so I could unlock the next area.

Next update didn't fix the random crashes and the areas that were level 80, jumped to level 90 (I was at level 79)

The_Damned
3rd January 2015, 02:23 PM
it unlocked some other area's though

GoktimusPrime
3rd January 2015, 05:47 PM
Is the game free to download and play, or is there a cost?

M-bot
3rd January 2015, 07:01 PM

It is free to download and no money needs to be spent to play and progress. It does get quite repetitive though, and it's as buggy as a nest of cockroaches. Not to mention very inconsistent. Makes it horribly annoying at times. And I can't progress any further without another update, which is apparently "coming soon".

I'm still playing but I don't know for how much longer.

reillyd
3rd January 2015, 07:05 PM

Free, but boringly repetitive to earn pigs killed to unlock characters, which are also unlocked by toy purchases. They came too late for me, so I couldn't use them. It's a qr type code though, not a voucher or I'd give you mine.

You need gold to train characters, which means gold mining every four hours or so. I do it a few times a day, only takes a sec, but you can pay if you're impatient. Freemium model, so it will suck in kids.

I really want the Jenga sets to unlock that but we aren't getting any

BigTransformerTrev
3rd January 2015, 08:03 PM
It is free to download and no money needs to be spent to play and progress. It does get quite repetitive though, and it's as buggy as a nest of cockroaches. Not to mention very inconsistent. Makes it horribly annoying at times. And I can't progress any further without another update, which is apparently "coming soon".

I'm still playing but I don't know for how much longer.

Yeah I'm up to 130, assume the next update will make available the 140 areas.

Yeppers, everything m-bot says is right on the money and sums up my feelings exactly

BigTransformerTrev
16th January 2015, 08:56 PM
Well the update has finally arrived. Its not bad, a couple of new levels, 4 new characters to unlock and the map graphics are a lot sharper. Some heavier firepower for the Energon characters as well so there is finally a distinction between the classes. Finally they've put in the Skywarp option too so you can just blow up any levels giving you the irrits

M-bot
16th January 2015, 09:34 PM
The new update is pretty good. Doesn't fix all the issues that I have with the game, but it's an improvement. I've found the Energon characters very fragile all of a sudden though. One or 2 hits and they're gone. Is this just me? Am I imagining things?

Sharky
16th January 2015, 09:53 PM
The new update is pretty good. Doesn't fix all the issues that I have with the game, but it's an improvement. I've found the Energon characters very fragile all of a sudden though. One or 2 hits and they're gone. Is this just me? Am I imagining things?

The Energon Characters got an increased firepower at the expense of armor as "energon is a volatile substance" or however they explain it in game..

BigTransformerTrev
19th January 2015, 10:31 PM

The Energon Characters got an increased firepower at the expense of armor as "energon is a volatile substance" or however they explain it in game..

Yeah it can be a pain in the butt - spend 600 fixing them up then they are gone 10 secs back into the level :mad:

Zippo
30th January 2015, 07:04 PM
After not being able to play for ages due to crashing etc, I finally took another look at the game and it is now playable. Still requires far too many things to level up once you get to level 90 (as I just reached) but .. we shall continue playing.

Just wish I could get a couple of the toys to make recharging the character cheaper.

griffin
8th February 2015, 01:32 PM
I didn't have much high expectations with this toyline, ever since it was first leaked over a year ago... but I didn't think it would be so unwanted by retailers that it's almost impossible to find all of the toys (which were supposed to be released last October).

All we ended up with here were the first wave of singles and doubles, plus one Bumblebee trackset that looks like it could be exclusive to Toyworld, and the big Optimus trackset that was a Kmart exclusive.

On ebay I could find a few of the translucent 5-pack from a variety of countries, but the Jenga sets were so hard to find, I'm thinking that they must have had a very limited release in America, like if Hasbro only had a small promo amount of stock.
I also found the large Bumblebee Jenga game from a German ebay listing, in European packaging... but none of the others below in great quantities or at all.

Telepod Racer Packs (US$6 - AU$9)
- - Wave 2 (OCT?)
Grimlock Bird - (Movie? dino-car)
Megatron Pig - Movie? redeco Bludgeon tank
Thundercracker Pig - (redeco Starscream)

Battle Packs (US$10 - AU$19)
- - Wave 2 (OCT?)
Jazz Bird Vs Brawl Pig - (unknown) & (unknown)

Vehicle packs (non-convertible vehicle with head, Jenga blocks & launcher) (US$10 - AU$??)
- - Wave 1 (SEPT) OUT US OCT - NOT HERE
Soundwave Pig - Animated van w/ Soundwave Pig head
Lockdown Pig - Movie car w/ Lockdown Pig head
Galvatron Pig - Movie truck w/ Galvatron Pig head
Heatwave the Fire-Bot Bird - Rescue Bots firetruck w/ Heatwave Bird head

Jenga Games (non-convertible with a target object)
- - Wave 1 (SEPT) OUT US OCT? - NOT HERE
Bumblebee Battle game (US$20 - AU$??) - Giant Megatron Pig w/ non-convertible Bumblebee car & heads (Bumblebee Bird, Megatron Pig).
Optimus Prime Attack game (US$30 - AU$??) - Giant Grimlock Bird w/ non-convertible Optimus Prime truck & heads (Optimus Prime Bird, Galvatron Pig, Starscream Pig, Deceptihog Stinger Pig).

If we see Angry Birds on display at Toyfair US or AUS, it would suggest that the line was put on hold until they could better promote them to retailers.
If not, it kinda defeats the point of having unlockable elements in a tie-in game if a large number of the toys don't end up getting released. (and works against the cross-promotional element of getting onto the game if there aren't enough toys out there to encourage kids to use the barcode that they have paid for - the toys should be half the price for their size, so some of the cost must be going into having them compatible to the game)

Has anyone been collecting these, either as a Transformers fan or Angry Birds fan, or just for the QR code (barcode) to unlock things in the game? Was there anything above that wasn't released here something that you were looking forward to buying?

Bladestorm
8th February 2015, 06:06 PM
My son collects these.

He has both the Bumblebee and the Optimus track sets and a few of the single characters. Truth be told these are REALLY hard to get here in HK.

The 5 pack energon set came out here and sold out within 2 days (I know this for a fact as I saw it on the shelves in Toys R Us, made a note of it so "Santa" could go back and get it and then when I did go back in, all their stores had sold out of all their stock and it has never restocked).

The Jenga Games never made it onto shelves here but my son was REALLY hoping for the OP one. I've never seen the vehicle packs here either.

The single packs have just been re-released here in very limited supply last week. I got a couple the other day - Optimus, Soundwave (HK$69 each) that were on my sons list.
He loves these sets - especially the Optimus race track and he uses the characters in-game as well. My only gripe is his Grimlock bird came missing a screw and so one of the arms always falls off (seems to be a thing with Grimlocks and arms I am discovering - his FoC Grimlock is ALWAYS loosing its dino arms too!).

Zippo
8th February 2015, 06:12 PM
The only toys available over here in New Zealand is the Bumblebee Race Track thing.. Toyworld only.

No other toys are coming at this stage. What a shame.

griffin
8th February 2015, 09:13 PM
Maybe seeing the Star Wars ones shelfwarming for ages had stores not wanting to sit on another lot.
Or maybe it's just that game merchandise just doesn't sell, because it is a different mentality than a cartoon or movie that has toys... in that people just play the game to fill time or a bit of fun, but don't have enough attachment to the concept to want to buy too many "souvenirs" of it, if at all.
I see a LOT of Minecraft merchandise in stores, but don't see much of it moving. They look fascinating and surreal in person, but not interesting enough to want to spend money on it as a non-player of the game... and unless you spend an obsessively unhealthy amount of time on the game to become a fan, I don't imagine too many people would buy much of the merchandise.

i_amtrunks
8th February 2015, 10:45 PM
I don't imagine too many people would buy much of the merchandise.

You really need to come in for year one or two news sessions! :D

Mine craft sells, even the lego sets have flown from the shelves, but up unlike the other lego lines, they were restocked within a few days!

Bladestorm
9th February 2015, 01:10 AM
Star Wars Angry Birds, Angry Birds Go and Stella are still shelf warming here in HK. The Transformers Angry Birds are the only ones that seem to have flown off the shelf and sell out. However, Transformers is more popular than Star Wars here, so I think HK is the right market for these gimmicky app playable toy lines. By combining my sons favourite app with his favourite toy line it became a guaranteed spend for us.

As for Minecraft, it sells like crazy here, VERY hard to find on the shelves because it sells as soon as it stocks and is the "in trend" amongst school kids from ages 6 up. Even the fake Minecraft stuff sells insanely well - probably because the real stuff sells out so quick. Having said that, there seems to be a larger range of merchandise for Minecraft in Oz (at least the last time we were in Sydney) than there is here. Minecraft LEGO is almost impossible to get here, and when you do see the odd set it is 3 times the price of the same thing in the US/OZ - a real role reversal from most other stuff.

It's interesting how different markets seem to drive different demands in terms of what sells and what doesn't. Certainly gives an interesting perspective of how hard it must be for global companies like Hasbro to make decisions on what to run with and where because what shelf warms in one place sells like hot cakes elsewhere...

Maybe seeing the Star Wars ones shelfwarming for ages had stores not wanting to sit on another lot.
Or maybe it's just that game merchandise just doesn't sell, because it is a different mentality than a cartoon or movie that has toys... in that people just play the game to fill time or a bit of fun, but don't have enough attachment to the concept to want to buy too many "souvenirs" of it, if at all.
I see a LOT of Minecraft merchandise in stores, but don't see much of it moving. They look fascinating and surreal in person, but not interesting enough to want to spend money on it as a non-player of the game... and unless you spend an obsessively unhealthy amount of time on the game to become a fan, I don't imagine too many people would buy much of the merchandise.

griffin
9th February 2015, 01:36 AM
Well, I guess it is quick restocking then. I just often see a lot of items in stores, but never any empty pegs or shelves... so probably just at the stores at the wrong times.

i_amtrunks
9th February 2015, 06:44 AM
Might also be an area thing, maybe they sell the figures and paper doll/figures well down here, but up near you pokemon cards are all the rage. Usually things are popular for a term (10weeks) tops, but Minecragt has been raging as the number one "news" topic for years one and two for nearly three years, with only the occasional lego or skylanders or monster high or Star Wars toys in between.

griffin
9th February 2015, 04:21 PM
Hmmm... talk about timing.

I almost posted my query about the global lack of Angry Birds toys on TFW, and lucky I didn't as wave two was just found at US Retail (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/video-games-17/angry-birds-transformers-single-and-two-packs-wave-2-found-at-us-retail-182048/).

Here I was thinking that the removal of wave 2 listings from some online stores meant that the line had been wrapped up after a weak release of wave 1 figures... but apparently not.

The wave 2 packs that were found, with new packaging saying "Deceptihog's Revenge"...

Telepod Racer Packs - - Wave 2
Grey Slam Grimlock Bird - (redeco dino-car)
Dark Megatron Pig - (redeco Bludgeon tank)
Thundercracker Pig - (redeco Starscream)

Battle Packs - - Wave 2
Autobird Jazz Bird Vs Deceptihog Brawl Pig - (remould Soundwave) & (redeco Bludgeon)

griffin
21st March 2015, 02:07 PM
Not surprisingly with the market flooded of spin-off Angry Birds games trying to cash in on the success of the original, the brand hasn't been doing to well in the last year, according to the Brand's owner Rovio (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/video-games-17/rovio-states-the-success-of-angry-birds-transformers-182314/).

tinyJazz
28th March 2015, 12:51 AM
New update coming to the game (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/video-games-17/angry-birds-transformers-update-brings-new-characters-and-new-features-182363/)(already out on Android, just waiting for ios) features new playable character Stella as Arcee and Blackarachnia! Finally! Arcee has only been in the promos since day one. :p She turns into a little motorbike it seems.

Zippo
28th March 2015, 09:04 AM
Got the update late last night, installed this morning
Thankfully did not loose any progress.

TFW mentions cloud save now possible, though I am not sure how

BigTransformerTrev
20th May 2015, 06:47 PM
For the first time Arcee showed up as a support character. Guessing we will get her as a playable character soon-ish

It's a bit like TF Tactics - they have her on the loading screen as a token femme bot but take forever to actually put her in the game :rolleyes:

BruiseLee
10th May 2016, 05:51 PM
If anyone is still has this game installed, there is an in game event to earn Shockwave at the moment.

MayzaPrime
11th May 2016, 02:07 PM
If anyone is still has this game installed, there is an in game event to earn Shockwave at the moment.

Yeah, its called Target 2016 :p

I already have shockwave, so I am grabbing all of the items :D

1AZRAEL1
12th May 2016, 03:24 AM
I had Shockwave too, managed to snag all the rest of the items I needed, so stopped playing the event. Still play the game regularly to upgrade my characters, I'm up around the 350 level mark

griffin
6th June 2016, 12:48 AM
For anyone still playing this, or getting into it with all the hype of the regular Angry Birds movie that is out soon, there's yet another update (http://news.tfw2005.com/2016/06/02/angry-birds-transformers-version-1-16-0-update-now-available-316458)... 1.16.0

If only the RID game had as much attention and updates... being the toyline that is actually still going. (and the Angry Birds TFs were mostly impossible to find)

1AZRAEL1
13th August 2016, 06:41 AM
Anyone still playing this?

Anyhow, because of the 30th anniversary of the movie, they are doing a special event starting today. Hot Rod new character and possibly taking on Unicron pig lol

1AZRAEL1
14th August 2016, 02:38 AM
Yes, you have to take on a giant Unicron pig head to gain alot of points. He actually looks great

Bladestorm
14th August 2016, 10:55 AM
My son still plays and he LOVES the new update.
He came running over to me going "mummy mummy it's UNICRON!" and bouncing around like crazy. He even pulled all his toys out to scan in... something he hasn't done in aaages!! :)

1AZRAEL1
14th August 2016, 11:08 AM
I haven't scanned mine in ages either. Sadly i missed getting alot of them

Bladestorm
14th August 2016, 11:12 AM
My son doesn't have many either as unlike the Star Wars ones which you can STILL find here in the odd store the Transformer Angry bird sets sold out here REALLY quickly.
Anyways, an update that re-energises the game for people to want to start playing again is a good thing. :)

griffin
10th April 2017, 07:15 PM
Looks like even the Angry Birds are cashing in on the upcoming Trypticon toy, by adding the character to a recent update (http://news.tfw2005.com/2017/04/06/angry-birds-transformers-update-trypticon-arrived-336791). I haven't seen an image yet, but one is probably out there somewhere.

1AZRAEL1
10th April 2017, 07:25 PM
I've seen him in game. When you have friends join, he pops up sometimes