PDA

View Full Version : The Watchmen movie

TheDirtyDigger
18th July 2008, 08:43 PM
Some of you intellects out there should know already that the greatest story ever told is getting made into cinematic excellence.

Wet my pants thoroughly when I saw this trailer....

WATCHMEN TRAILER (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSrgvJ2JyHs)

TheDirtyDigger
19th July 2008, 02:03 PM
Did I mention that this was the greatest story ever told?:confused:

Soundwarp
19th July 2008, 02:17 PM
Don't take offence mate but it looks stupid............

*Runs and hides*

TheDirtyDigger
19th July 2008, 03:34 PM
No offense taken.:)

It is still the greatest story ever told, the greatest comic book ever written and will be the most brilliant movie ever made as long as Hollywood stick to the script and don't rape it as they have the other works of the brilliant Alan Moore. i.e. From Hell, V for Vendetta and the atrocious (movie not book) League of Extraordinary Gentlemen.
It does require a higher level of intelligence to understand the various themes, characterizations and subtexts running through it, but even for the cerebrally challenged it can still be enjoyable.

http://img514.imageshack.us/img514/1180/watchmen11jo4.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Paulbot
19th July 2008, 04:11 PM
Come on, who would watch the watchmen? :P :D

I hope it's good too, although I liked the movie of V For Vendetta (but haven't read the book). If it's like the League movie though I will not be happy.

TheDirtyDigger
19th July 2008, 04:45 PM
V for Vendetta is a great movie in my opinion as well although the Creator (bless his name) was unhappy with the way it deviated from the book.
The book of course being absolute brilliance. :cool:

With Watchmen they are apparently attempting to be as true to the source material as possible.
Unlike LXG where they deviated as much as possible.:mad:
http://img112.imageshack.us/img112/3494/motivaterorscach1fr8.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Lord_Zed
13th August 2008, 09:50 PM
While I'm certainly looking forward to Transformers 2, and G.I. Joe I have to say that the film I'm most hoping will be good is the Watchmen and finally the first trailer is released.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3orQKBxiEg

While I admit I only read the graphic novel a few years back It completely won me over as the best take on Super Heroes I've ever encountered not to mention the inspiration for things like the Incredibles and Marvel's Civil War crossover. I can certainly see why its recieved so many accolades.

And so far the trailer looks pretty damn spot on for imagery, just hope they can capture the story as well. While V for Vendetta was not bad, I'm still burned from Leauge Of Extrodinary Gentlemen.

TheDirtyDigger
13th August 2008, 09:54 PM
OMG Lord Zed...another true believer.

Check this already posted thread and could mods please merge if I promise to behave for all time*

http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=1649

*all time may or may not mean 24 hours

Lord_Zed
13th August 2008, 10:04 PM
Sorry TDD missed that in my eagerness to post after being impressed by the trailer.

By all means Modly ones please merge this thread into the other

Lord_Zed
13th August 2008, 10:27 PM
Don't take offence mate but it looks stupid............

*Runs and hides*

You wouldn't say that if you had read the graphic novel. :D

On this I agree with The Dirty Digger, the Watchmen is the best interpretation of the Superhero or costumed vigilante genre I've ever seen. You can see its influence in the movie the Incredibles and Marvels Civil War crossover series.

And as a graphic novel and piece of literature it's pretty damn clever to, the subtle parody of the golden and silver age comics and the darker comics that followed in the 80's and 90's is brilliant.

I dunno about the greatest story ever told, but quite likely the greatest Graphic Novel ever told even TIME magazine thought so listing it in the top 100 novels from the last 50 years.

And the trailer looks WOW! The imagery is spot on, lets hope the story is to.

My only gripe is Ozymandis looks a bit young and lanky, but its only a small gripe.

Paulbot
14th August 2008, 08:06 AM
Sorry TDD missed that in my eagerness to post after being impressed by the trailer.

By all means Modly ones please merge this thread into the other

Merged for the kill! :)

TheDirtyDigger
14th August 2008, 08:22 AM

My only gripe is Ozymandis looks a bit young and lanky, but its only a small gripe.

Yes agreed. His was the only character that didn't look spot on IMO.

Regarding the text and the characterizations of the extreme personas therein, I always found myself most strongly identifying with Rorshach and The Comedian.
Should I be worried?

Bartrim
14th August 2008, 10:11 AM
I don't know too much about it but it looks interesting.I may have to read further into this.

jaydisc
21st August 2008, 09:43 PM
Legal battle over Watchmen movie (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/7569770.stm)

TheDirtyDigger
22nd August 2008, 06:07 AM
F%$#&*ing Fox trying to hold up my movie so they can add to their billions. Some folk just don't have enough money.

I'ma get Rorscach round to break Rupert's fingers!:mad::mad::mad:

EDIT: One by one.:mad:

Pulse
22nd August 2008, 09:53 AM
Everyone wants their slice of the pie... :rolleyes: (while there's always one who wants just a little bit extra...)

STL
25th August 2008, 10:36 PM
Graphic novel was too dense for me. I have too short an attention span and I guess I don't comics serious enough either as a medium.

TheDirtyDigger
26th August 2008, 08:38 AM
Graphic novel was too dense for me.

You mean you were too dense for the graphic novel.
Don't worry mate. It's really only for smart people!:D:p

(lmao!!! Sorry man. Hard to resist)

STL
26th August 2008, 11:36 AM
I can handle the truth, I think. :p

You mean you were too dense for the graphic novel.
Don't worry mate. It's really only for smart people!:D:p

(lmao!!! Sorry man. Hard to resist)

Bartrim
22nd September 2008, 09:23 PM
Yes agreed. His was the only character that didn't look spot on IMO.

Regarding the text and the characterizations of the extreme personas therein, I always found myself most strongly identifying with Rorshach and The Comedian.
Should I be worried?

Yes you should be:p

I just finished the book and loved it. Didn't expect the end. Can't wait for the movie.

TheDirtyDigger
23rd September 2008, 06:01 AM
Awesome book hey? I first read it about 16 years ago when I was an impressionable teenager and it messed with my head a little.

Dog dead in alley this morning. Tyre tread on burst stomach.

TheDirtyDigger
31st January 2009, 10:10 PM
Second trailer....

Watchmen 2nd Trailer (http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=2VLA0tg5yI0)

Bartrim
1st February 2009, 01:17 PM
Looking good. Can't wait.

jacksplatt11
1st February 2009, 01:21 PM
The trailer looks shot for shot the same as the comic, so hopefully they can't stuff it up too much. Really looking forward to it

How much of a dead ringer is Jeffrey Dean Morgan for the Comedian, uncanny

Bartrim
4th March 2009, 05:10 PM
From what I've seen so far everyone looks pretty good to the comic version. Except Ozymandias. He should of been a little more buff I think.

Just found out my local cinema isn't screening it yet. Gotta go down to Batemans Bay on the weekend to watch it:mad:

Gutsman Heavy
4th March 2009, 06:13 PM
reviews are pretty grim, but I honestly expected that, I'll see it friday.

Wheel-J
4th March 2009, 08:10 PM
I'll see it friday.

+2 :)

roller
4th March 2009, 08:40 PM
From what I've seen so far everyone looks pretty good to the comic version. Except Ozymandias. He should of been a little more buff I think.

Just found out my local cinema isn't screening it yet. Gotta go down to Batemans Bay on the weekend to watch it:mad:

you cant blame em Bart, ulladulla is less known then WA :D

Lord_Zed
4th March 2009, 09:05 PM
I can't resist must see the movie ASAP before my view is coloured by reviews or other peoples opinions.

I sure hope its well done, it will bother me far more if this movie sucks than if Transformers, GI Joe, and Star trek do.

lcz128
4th March 2009, 09:36 PM
Going tomorrroooowww!!!
5pm show! IMAX!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jacksplatt11
4th March 2009, 09:42 PM
If I don't end up going out for beers I will probably go see it, fingers crossed it turns out ok

Bartrim
5th March 2009, 06:56 AM
I think if you are a fan of the comic then you will enjoy this movie. I expected it to get bad reviews from ignorant people who don't expect that from a comic book movie.

piratescratch
5th March 2009, 06:37 PM
So I just came back from seeing Watchmen at Hoyt's "Xtremescreen" which to be frank wasn't really worth the extra couple of dollars, I couldn't really tell much of a difference in screen size. They were only showing it on their "Xtremescreen" so no other choice, damn money grubbers.

Now I'm not going to rave about how I loved the comics and think they are the best thing since sliced bread. Yes I have read them but this was back in high school a couple of years back and no I didn't rush out and buy myself a copy because of the movie hype. So my memory of the comics is a bit hazy.

I enjoyed Watchmen. If I don't keep checking the time (and this ran for over two hours) on my watch or my mobile to see if the movie is about to end then in my books it's good. Fantastic visual experience, though some of the CG I admit was a bit iffy, oh say Manhattan's hands at times but nothing to get up in arms about. The action was brutal (opening scene comes to mind), you could feel each of the blows landing. Movie had a good flow, there weren't any parts where I felt it dragged, my eyes were glued on the screen for the whole time. I'm not going to comment on faithfulness of this movie to the original comics, I'm no authority on the Watchmen someone else can rabble on about that.

Not really sure what else to say. I guess I'll wait for others to post their comments.

jacksplatt11
5th March 2009, 06:39 PM
My plans for tonight fell through so I will most likely go see it later on

STL
5th March 2009, 10:32 PM
and...?

jacksplatt11
5th March 2009, 10:34 PM
Missed it due to a range of unforeseen circumstances, I didn't even have tea till 10pm haha... I'll have to watch it Monday or something

STL
5th March 2009, 10:41 PM
Missed it due to a range of unforeseen circumstances, I didn't even have tea till 10pm haha... I'll have to watch it Monday or something

Lemme know, I've got to find someone to see it with too. Haven't been able to con anyone til this point. I've got $8 tickets to boot. :)

jacksplatt11
5th March 2009, 10:50 PM
Lemme know, I've got to find someone to see it with too. Haven't been able to con anyone til this point. I've got $8 tickets to boot. :)

Sick it's a deal, talk to you 'bout it tomoz

STL
5th March 2009, 10:55 PM
Just thinking about Watchmen, I think it's not going to be received that well. Its far too complex a work and it's beyond entertaining the general audience. For comic enthusiasts like some of us, i think it'll be great to see the most seminal piece of work ever produce translated on screen, but from mates and whatnot so far, it seems this one is going to do a Spirit too and tank.

Stompy
5th March 2009, 11:27 PM
You're right about the movie not going to be received well by the audience STL. Just saw it tonight. I've never read the graphic novel and certainly nto knowledgeable at all of the source material.

The movie isn't what the general public would be expecting. They would be sorely dissapointed considering the majority of the movie is dialogue and not too much action at all. Plus the themes, ideas and the general narrative will be lost on many. If the close to 3 hour length doesn't keep them itching to get out of the theatre. Not to mention cramming so much story elements for each character

I really enjoyed it.

llamatron
5th March 2009, 11:41 PM
You're right about the movie not going to be received well by the audience STL. Just saw it tonight. I've never read the graphic novel and certainly

The movie isn't what the general public would be expecting. They would be sorely dissapointed considering the majority of the movie is dialogue and not too much action at all. Plus the themes, ideas and the general narrative will be lost on many. If the close to 3 hour length doesn't keep them itching to get out of the theatre.

I really enjoyed it.

Yeeep this. I saw it tonight and oh my it seemed that the general audience were all like "what the heck is this, i dont get it, wheres my action?" And of course all the freaking teenagers just spent the whole 3 hours laughing at Dr. M's penis. Grrrrr.:mad:

jacksplatt11
5th March 2009, 11:43 PM
And of course all the freaking teenagers just spent the whole 3 hours laughing at Dr. M's penis. Grrrrr.:mad:

Hehe... penis... hehe

Lord_Zed
6th March 2009, 01:03 AM
I saw it, I enjoyed it.

In a way it everything Michael Bays Transformers isn't. Where Bay's Transformers tried as hard as possible to turn the much loved Transformers brand into an action movie suitable for the general public. The guy who directed the Watchmen tried to turn a movie into a much loved comic.

And as a huge fan of the comic, its hard to hate the Watchmen movie, yes Adrian Vedit seemed a little smarmy, and they changed a few things in fairly minor ways (the most annoying for me was the minor change for me was Roarschac's origin, no hacksaw!).

They really seemed to go out of thier way to please fans, though maybe at the cost of the general public. The violence was a bit excessive to, the comic was violent but not that much.

Its still not a patch on the graphic novel, which is brillant not just for the story, but for using the comic medium to its fullest extent. Something the movie was always going to struggle with. So overall I guess I enjoyed it as a hommage to one of the greatest (if not the) graphic novels of all time. I doubt it will be a comercial succsess though, but who cares the last thing I'd ever want is a sequel.

llamatron
6th March 2009, 07:33 AM
(the most annoying for me was the minor change for me was Roarschac's origin, no hacksaw!)

This was my biggest complaint. They went all out with everything else but then they chickened out with the wanton dog violence and replaced it with over the top human violence. What a waste.

Bartrim
6th March 2009, 10:52 AM
I saw it, I enjoyed it.

Good enough for me Zed. After speaking to you at the Parra Fair so if you enjoyed I'm pretty sure I'll enjoy it regardless of what any reviews say.

Lord_Zed
6th March 2009, 12:37 PM
I just read in one of those free street mags that the DVD release will have extra footage and be close to 3 and a half hours, and that they will release a mini movie Tales of the Black Lagoon based on the pirate comic from the book, and a spoof documentary based on Hollis Mason's Under the Hood novel. Take with a grain of salt though, these magazines are not always accurate.

It does sound cool though If true.

Despite the changes they put in the movie, overall I don't think I've ever seen a director treat a cult property loved fans so well.

Bartrim
6th March 2009, 03:38 PM
I read this on wikipedia. Apparently Gerrad Butler provides the voice for the main role in the tales of the black lagoon as he was promised a role in the movie and it didn't happen.

Again I read this on wikipedia so also take it with a grain a salt.

Sky Shadow
6th March 2009, 04:13 PM
Watchmen has not only been one of my favourite comic series for well-over half my lifetime, but I also believe it's the medium's finest achievement. I loved the adaptation and I'm astonished that the new ending actually makes sense. I thought I'd hate the rewritten climax, but in a story about superheroes, it may make even more sense than fake alien giant squid monsters. (And I would never have thought I'd ever say those words.) Even just the opening credits had some nice background imagery to flesh out the history of the universe. Even things that had been implied or told in prose but previously unseen - The Silhouette dead in bed with her lover, Mothman's trip to the funny farm, The Comedian assassinating... um... someone. The film's flashbacks work well and the look of just about everything rememins faithful to Dave Gibbons' artwork. Even though it's not Alan Moore's chosen medium and he'll never watch the film, it's still the best adaptation anyone could ever have anticipated.

(I couldn't even begin to imagine what it would be like for someone watching The Watchmen without having read the comics, but my fiancee saw it with me and she enjoyed it. Although she was surprised I seemed so worried about some of the violence - every time I knew something disturbing was about to happen, I started squeezing her hand about ten seconds before... Vietnam: hand squeezing, Rorschach in the lunch queue: hand squeezing, Rorschach's cell: hand squeezing, etc.)

I just read in one of those free street mags that the DVD release will have extra footage and be close to 3 and a half hours, and that they will release a mini movie Tales of the Black Lagoon based on the pirate comic from the book.

Tales Of The Black Freighter and Under The Hood are meant to be out on DVD about now actually.

Paulbot
6th March 2009, 09:47 PM
Yeeep this. I saw it tonight and oh my it seemed that the general audience were all like "what the heck is this, i dont get it, wheres my action?"

I expected that the people would have that sort of reaction. I kept seeing all these trailers and posters showing superheroes in action poses and thinking this isn't what the comic is about.

Hopefully I'll get to see it tomorrow or Sunday. I might do the IMAX screening as lcz128 suggested.

Robzy
6th March 2009, 10:09 PM
So, can this movie be enjoyed by someone who hasn't read the comic?

Thanatos
6th March 2009, 10:22 PM
Well I saw it tonight and I can definately agree with a lot of things people are saying, but the themes and story were far from lost on me, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I recommend! :D

Gutsman Heavy
6th March 2009, 11:10 PM
Saw it tonight with the GF, I liked! And so did she!:eek:

I may have to get the book, see how its 'meant' to be.

Oh! did anyone else notice Optimus Primal was in the film. Awesome!!

Lord_Zed
7th March 2009, 02:21 AM
That's suprising, an even bigger suprise is the review it got from the Movie Show, Margaret gave it even higher praise than Iron Man and the Dark Knight. :eek:

http://www.abc.net.au/atthemovies/txt/s2493386.htm

Wheel-J
7th March 2009, 08:10 AM
I watched the movie last night. I would say I enjoyed it much as I enjoyed my choctops. I'd recommend try the berry flavour. :rolleyes:

TheDirtyDigger
7th March 2009, 04:42 PM
Tales of The Black Freighter (http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Watchmen-DVD-tales-of-the-Black-Freighter-sealed_W0QQitemZ380108479476QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_ DVD_HD_DVD_Blu_ray?hash=item380108479476&_trksid=p3286.m63.l1177)

loophole
7th March 2009, 05:09 PM
Oh! did anyone else notice Optimus Primal was in the film. Awesome!!

:confused::confused:

Sky Shadow
7th March 2009, 05:27 PM
:confused::confused:

Gary Chalk (or a guy who looks just like him) is one of the extras. :)

Bartrim
7th March 2009, 09:02 PM
That was awesome:D

I was a bit concerned when I heard they had changed the ending but I think it worked out better this way. Very well done on the casting. Like Zed I think they could of done better with Veidt. Loved the soundtrack too. Lots of classic songs used.

My wife liked it too... Although she wasn't too keen on The Comedian and his attitude towards women.

Verno
8th March 2009, 08:42 AM
Yes, that was definately Gary Chalk as one of the advisors. Nearly fell of my seat.

What a movie. Went in knowing nothing about the WM universe at all but thoroughly enjoyed all the references to politics and pop culture of the past 50 years. The montage to Dylans Times are A'changing at the start was beautiful, gave a back log of information no narration could provide.

I'm going to have to see it again.

lcz128
8th March 2009, 10:16 AM
yupyup.

Watched it at IMAX.
Freakin. AWESOME.
:D

I really loved how they densely packed everything they could into the movie. Sure, they didn't include everything (impossible, really - for a 2hr40min movie) but damn - it's a thinking man's movie - you gotta love the historical references, (or like verno said - politica and pop culture refs) ; Would really be a pity if the general public snubs it because it takes too much effort to think.

:b I'm going to be watching this one again. Might watch it once in a regular cinema, and once again at Imax. (:

Lord_Zed
8th March 2009, 06:23 PM
As long as were talking Watchmen, here's a clever parody of what might happen if the Watchmen had been turned into a Superfriends style 80's saturday morning cartoon by money grubing Hollywood types.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDDHHrt6l4w

It would be nauseating if it were real, fortunately its not so its funny. :D

Stompy
8th March 2009, 11:36 PM
Watched it again today. Loved it even more. Also had a peek at the actual graphic novel and I must say the movie did a decent job to cram a lot in.

lcz128
9th March 2009, 09:13 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDDHHrt6l4w

That's lolsome, Lord_Zed XD

Robzy
10th March 2009, 08:44 PM
Just saw it! :eek:

I was really great! Very faithful and quite well made! I can't believe how some people around the world were saying how "graphic" and "gory" it was. I hate gore, and I was a little worried when I went there, but it was quite tame really! Not sure what all the fuss was about. :confused:

Oh yeah... took my girlfriend too - she loved it! :D

Paulbot
11th March 2009, 02:43 PM
I agree it's very faithful. I've been rereading the comic since seeing the movie and it feels almost word for word.

And it is graphic and gory compared to the standard superhero movie, compare Batman fighting dogs in The Dark Knight to Rorschach fighting dogs in Watchmen. It's the people taking their kids to see Watchmen thinking it's "Batman 3" that complain.

Golden Phoenix
11th March 2009, 11:55 PM
It's their fault. The movie is rated MA15+ for a reason

SilverDragon
18th March 2009, 09:02 PM
I saw it a few weeks ago. I didn't really like it.

*dives for cover*

It was a bit too, well, dense. I know it's supposed be that way, but I don't think the source translated to the screen particularly well in that area, since there has to be a set running time and all.

jacksplatt11
19th March 2009, 11:51 PM
Saw it tonight with STL

Thought it was pretty good, and overall it stuck to the book pretty well. Changed the ending which I wasn't too happy about, I won't discuss it due to both comic and movie spoilers, but yeah, I wasn't happy with the change and felt it dumbed it down a bit. Few smaller, not storyline necessary, scenes missing but yeah, running times and all that, I'm sure they'll be their on the DVD. Overall, pretty happy with it

STL
20th March 2009, 12:06 AM
Yeah, what Sunflower said.

My recollection isn't too good of the graphic novel but it did view well though rather long which was quite noticeable so I can understand why the general public is more reluctant in its opinion of it.

Lord_Zed
20th March 2009, 12:43 AM
I saw it again with a friend, still like it still enjoyed it not the best movie ever but still a great adapation.

My friend thought it was good to overall, her main dislikes was she thought Vedit came across like a member of the Hitler Youth (I think this to, Vedit is my least favourte portrayal of the heroes), and the Dr Manhattan should have put on some pants! :eek:

Nice different soundtrack to.

Bartrim
20th March 2009, 11:18 AM
Nice different soundtrack to.
Yeah but 99 Luftballoons isn't on the actual soundtrack!:mad:

Lord_Zed
20th March 2009, 12:39 PM
Yeah but 99 Luftballoons isn't on the actual soundtrack!:mad:

yeah but I fixed that, the same way I fixed Transformers not having Drive on the sound track. :)

Bartrim
20th March 2009, 02:01 PM
yeah but I fixed that, the same way I fixed Transformers not having Drive on the sound track. :)

Ah yes there is always that option.

jaydisc
6th August 2009, 11:06 PM
Just watched this tonight. I knew nothing of the novel or the story. I went in cold...

It was great! As LCZ says, a thinking man's movie, and I love that. The opening scene roped me in and didn't let me go for the next 2:40. Loved the style. Loved the darkness. Loved the only slightly-deviated-from-history universe. Loved the characters.

4.25/5

Quite coincidentally, I had 300 in the background the night before. I didn't know they shared the same director until after I watched Watchmen, which was quite superior. A combination of the extremely stylized action scenes from 300, but based around great characters and a great story.

TheDirtyDigger
7th August 2009, 11:38 AM
Glad you liked it Jd. The book is definitely worth picking up or borrowing for the extra content. Only so much they could fit into the film.
I was disappointed they didn't show the delving into Rorchach's psyche as that was a favourite chapter and also the ending is different although with the same overall outcome.

Gutsman Heavy
7th August 2009, 01:32 PM
I got the book after seeing the film, and it is worth it!

I'll be importing the Directors Cut on Blu-ray soon as well.

RE: the ending, I like both, one is really suited for a movie and the original is really a comic-booky end, I average doubt film goers would have liked it.

Zaul
7th August 2009, 02:48 PM
And Holy Crap, I loved it!

I missed seeing it on the Big Screen due to getting a horrible Pulmonary Embolism a few months back, so the movie kind of slipped by me.

Being a Huge Fan of Super Heroes and all that kind of stuff the movie just left me gob smacked, so dark yet so awesome.

I dont know why but I especially loved the opening credits, showing the alternate reality.

I'm sure I dont need to tell anyone to go see it if they havn't, but go see it. :eek:

shokwave2
7th August 2009, 02:53 PM
Hmmmm, have had this on dvd for a while now but still found time to sit down and watch it. Will do this weekend. Everyone tells me its good.

lcz128
8th August 2009, 10:47 AM
Hrmm - I thought the DVD was supposed to have the extra bits from black freighter cut in :( Mine doesnt have that!!!

but still very happy to own the dvd :D

Gutsman Heavy
8th August 2009, 01:19 PM
Hrmm - I thought the DVD was supposed to have the extra bits from black freighter cut in :( Mine doesnt have that!!!

but still very happy to own the dvd :D

no, there is a directors cut, that has 25min extra footage, that got released in the US in place of the standard version we got, there may be a uber cut that includes the black freighter (making it 4 hours long!) later down the line, assuming its financially viable for WB. (ie; can guarantee they can milk the fans for what they are worth!)

1AZRAEL1
9th August 2009, 09:33 AM
I hadn't even realised there was this thread until now.

I got 2 tickets to see it before it came out, went in, not knowing alot about it, only thing I knew was from the trailers they showed. I still had high expectations, but not knowing much about it made it a little difficult.

Definately not what I expected at all, but the movie was just freaking awesome. I cant wait to actually buy the uber awesome edition that should be coming out towards the end of the year. I have it on my harddrive until then.

Still gotta go buy the novel anyway.

The only thing that annoyed me is the douchebags who get free tix just because they can, and make noise if they don't like it. (escpecially with Dr. M)

griffin
15th January 2011, 07:31 PM
Someone where I work said he has one of the giant theatre posters, and might be moving soon, so asked me if I knew anyone who would want to buy it from him. He's asking $100... which I thought sounded like a lot, but am not sure what the cult demand is on Watchmen stuff.
Anyone interested (for pickup in Brisbane), or should I just tell him he's dreaming?

1AZRAEL1
16th January 2011, 09:26 AM
$100 is a bit much I reckon.

Hursticon
16th January 2011, 09:33 AM
$100 is a bit much I reckon.

+1 - Tell him he's Dreaming! :cool: