PDA

View Full Version : Hello again!

jena
1st July 2014, 05:35 PM
Long time no see! I hope at least someone out there remembers me... but just in case, hi! My name is Jena (my username is so creative, right!?) and I haven't been active on this forum for quite some time! But, I went to see TF4 last week and it rekindled my love for the giant transforming robots we are all here to appreciate. Optimus Prime is still my one true love. That's so weird to admit. Whatever. I'm one of those 80s kids who grew up with the cartoon. One of the highlights of my life in terms of Transformers was listening to Peter Cullen's panel at SDCC 2012.

I still live in Mildura but I am no longer a slave at Kmart and I have also given teaching a break, instead I got a job selling computers at JB HiFI - which I love! Though I went to Japan in April this year and fell in love so I'm hoping to teach English in Japan in the future. I remember a few members here had done the JET program!

My majority of my income set aside for collecting pretty things goes into my anime figures collection (this is my MFC profile if anyone else is a member there (http://myfigurecollection.net/profile/jena)) but I have slowed down collecting anime pretties and I want to gather some Masterpieces. I have the Hasbro version of MP01 which I am hoping to replace with a Takara one and who knows what else. I also have the Takara DMK01 ordered but I don't know what else I will be collecting.

Anyway, hello to you all, old members and the new ones! :) Bah weep graaaaagnah wheep ni ni bong!

Omega Metro
1st July 2014, 05:45 PM
Yes I remember you. :D welcome back!

Trent
1st July 2014, 06:35 PM
Hey hey!

Welcome back Jena. Been a while :) Good to hear you're chasing a great sounding career.

That's also a nice figure collection you've got there :cool:

Oberon Sexton
1st July 2014, 07:03 PM
Arrrrrrg, the pink! That profile! It's BLINDING. :p

Seriously though, welcome back. Personally, I'm new, but I feel it's the polite thing to do, welcoming you back to the community.

Hope you find us great enough to stay this time around. :D

Alpha Supreme
1st July 2014, 11:25 PM
Hey Jena! Welcome back. I to lurk here often but often get bouts of wanting to participate. Masterpieces are an excellent way to refine your TF collecting. Word of advice from someone who very recently got burned... watch out for KO's!!! Buy from reputable sources. You won't regret collecting them they are truly a work of art and as a child of the 80's also, what we wished the original toys could have been and our imaginations allowed them to be.

jena
2nd July 2014, 12:34 PM
Yes I remember you. :D welcome back!
Thank you! It's good to be back.

Hey hey!

Welcome back Jena. Been a while :) Good to hear you're chasing a great sounding career.

That's also a nice figure collection you've got there :cool:
I'll try not to disappear off the face of the earth this time.

Arrrrrrg, the pink! That profile! It's BLINDING. :p

Seriously though, welcome back. Personally, I'm new, but I feel it's the polite thing to do, welcoming you back to the community.

Hope you find us great enough to stay this time around. :D
Haha I'm sorry, I should have put a warning in there. What can I say, I love pink. Even my hair is pink.

Thanks for welcoming me back, I've got to get to know the new faces!

Hey Jena! Welcome back. I to lurk here often but often get bouts of wanting to participate. Masterpieces are an excellent way to refine your TF collecting. Word of advice from someone who very recently got burned... watch out for KO's!!! Buy from reputable sources. You won't regret collecting them they are truly a work of art and as a child of the 80's also, what we wished the original toys could have been and our imaginations allowed them to be.
That's actually really great advice, I only very rarely purchase collectable items from eBay since it's bootleg city. But due to my time away from the TF scene, I'm not sure where to begin searching for older MPs.

tinyJazz
2nd July 2014, 12:56 PM
Welcome back, jena! :D Good to see you again. I remember your work from lurking the photography thread, the recent stuff on your profile looks awesome! And your collection display is gorgeous. :o

I haven't checked recently, but I believe BBTS still has quite a few of the MP tfs, at a markup of course. Mandarake would be a good one to check for cheaper secondhand MPs.

jena
2nd July 2014, 02:56 PM
Welcome back, jena! :D Good to see you again. I remember your work from lurking the photography thread, the recent stuff on your profile looks awesome! And your collection display is gorgeous. :o

I haven't checked recently, but I believe BBTS still has quite a few of the MP tfs, at a markup of course. Mandarake would be a good one to check for cheaper secondhand MPs.
Thanks! Photography is still one of my favourite hobbies.

I had a look at Mandarake and From Japan yesterday, such addictive places to browse, nothing much on Manda and disturbing prices on From Japan so I continue to search and wait and hope haha.

Hursticon
5th July 2014, 01:13 PM
http://i1032.photobucket.com/albums/a409/Darkone666au/Webpics/6.gif

Greetings and Welcome back to OZformers! :D
It's a joy to have you & your amazing photographic talents back with us, Jena. :cool:

jena
5th July 2014, 09:06 PM
http://i1032.photobucket.com/albums/a409/Darkone666au/Webpics/6.gif

Greetings and Welcome back to OZformers! :D
It's a joy to have you & your amazing photographic talents back with us, Jena. :cool:
Thanks so much for the warm welcome back!

Bidoofdude
10th July 2014, 10:45 PM
Welcome (back) to the boards! :)

crankcase76
24th July 2014, 09:21 PM
Welcome back to the boards Jena. :)

http://i1219.photobucket.com/albums/dd430/megatron84/Mobile%20Uploads/44ed36ce-5c31-4b01-b88d-ba02ca95552a_zpsa463af3f.jpg (http://s1219.photobucket.com/user/megatron84/media/Mobile%20Uploads/44ed36ce-5c31-4b01-b88d-ba02ca95552a_zpsa463af3f.jpg.html)

liegeprime
24th July 2014, 09:53 PM
Welcome Back!! :D

Your display is so neat and clean heheh :D. Good luck in Finding MP Prime though, biggest frustration ever I think from several people who've missed out on the TRUs release... scalped to the max here :(. But if your after a few others, other than Prime, try www.chimungmung.com Ive been getting some from them as they are HK based the shipping isn't as bloody as US based ones.

Raptormesh
26th July 2014, 05:42 PM
Welcome back!

1orion2many
26th July 2014, 10:43 PM
Welcome back Jena, A lot of game consoles I see. Do you actually get time to play on all of them:eek:. I rarely hit the 360 now, Mainly just have my life sucked out by WOW:o. The pink hair isn't what I noticed it was the pink eyebrows:D

Spitcurlboy
28th July 2014, 09:01 PM
Welcome Back!! :D

Your display is so neat and clean heheh :D. Good luck in Finding MP Prime though, biggest frustration ever I think from several people who've missed out on the TRUs release... scalped to the max here :(. But if your after a few others, other than Prime, try www.chimungmung.com Ive been getting some from them as they are HK based the shipping isn't as bloody as US based ones.

+1 to chimungmung for MP figures, not bad pricing and fair shipping

and welcome back