PDA

View Full Version : Taiwan Transformers 30th Expo

griffin
3rd July 2014, 12:43 PM
Currently on in Taiwan is a 30th Anniversary Transformers Expo, hosted by Hasbro (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/conventions-15/transformers-expo-taiwan-images-180602/) - featuring displays, dioramas, heaps of upcoming and current toys, plus some photo opportunities with a couple of different Grimlocks.

One of the featured upcoming items was the Masterpiece Bumblebee, which someone took a few photos of (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/transformers-masterpiece-47/masterpiece-bumblebee-prototype-images-180603/).

Our population is almost exactly the same as Taiwan (23.5 million), so I wonder if the reason why we don't get these sorts of Expos here is because our population is so spread out in comparison.

reillyd
5th July 2014, 07:45 PM
Our population is almost exactly the same as Taiwan (23.5 million), so I wonder if the reason why we don't get these sorts of Expos here is because our population is so spread out in comparison.

*cough*Hasbro AU*cough*

liegeprime
6th July 2014, 10:01 AM
Jetfire has chrome, niiiice!! Love the display of all the Kreons. Eats a lot of space but it's beautiful.

Shame Hasbro Au doesn't make the same effort. I know in Philsm, the local Hasbro offices seek out the local TF fan communities and groups to help promote their product, and gives the group more incentive to help and get more organized. Wish it was like that here :(

Penetrator
6th July 2014, 11:10 AM
I see a lot of prime repaints

i like the deformed style prime. :)

leej84
6th July 2014, 12:16 PM
jetfire set to release in august i saw somewhere, wonder when it'll make it to our shores if ever.

Sinnertwin
6th July 2014, 04:50 PM
*cough*Hasbro AU*cough*

Doesn't help that only 5 people turn up to an Australian TF convention either. But i agree, with Hasbro's backing, a fully fledged convention may be economically viable :)

jetfire set to release in august i saw somewhere, wonder when it'll make it to our shores if ever.

i doubt Jetfire will be available here, but stranger things have happened.

griffin
6th July 2014, 07:54 PM
Jetfire was slated to be here in September... but that was their aim at Toyfair in March, so anything can happen during that 6 months.

griffin
6th July 2014, 07:56 PM
Shame Hasbro Au doesn't make the same effort. I know in Philsm, the local Hasbro offices seek out the local TF fan communities and groups to help promote their product, and gives the group more incentive to help and get more organized. Wish it was like that here :(

I'm working on it, but it is a slow process... especially in western markets, which had to pull back from direct interaction about 8 years ago thanks to some American sites competing to be exclusive Hasbro sources.

leej84
6th July 2014, 08:42 PM
Jetfire was slated to be here in September... but that was their aim at Toyfair in March, so anything can happen during that 6 months.

here as in in shops here? or available in usa/online?

griffin
6th July 2014, 08:52 PM
Australian retail... but that might be pushed back, as the US release date is now October (according to the display at BotCon).

leej84
7th July 2014, 12:08 AM
Australian retail... but that might be pushed back, as the US release date is now October (according to the display at BotCon).

That's awesome we r getn it here retail :)

liegeprime
7th July 2014, 12:41 AM
Fingers crossed we don't get skipped on this wave. :) Just saw a post in FB they've now started bringing out the Generations line on local retail in Phils, they have the wave with Scoop,Skywarp et al and the wave with Rattrap, Tankor released in one wave, as well as Roadbuster and SkyByte for voyagers. I wonder if our local retailers will start doing the same, seeing as the movie toys are dwindling down on the shelves.... although Im still after the 2 remaining dinos and a Grimlock (can't decide between a voyager of Leader class :p)

griffin
7th July 2014, 02:06 PM
The release of more Generations toys was dependant on the success of the Wreckers wave at Kmart... and they've been flying off shelves (and it isn't just because of the price, as the Insecticon wave was shipped with them, and they aren't moving as fast due to being in stores here for over a year now).

Bidoofdude
7th July 2014, 02:35 PM
The release or more Generations toys was dependant on the success of the Wreckers wave at Kmart... and they've been flying off shelves (and it isn't just because of the price, as the Insecticon wave was shipped with them, and they aren't moving as fast due to being in stores here for over a year now).

Good to know we're determining our own fate. I plan to pick up two of the wreckers soon. It's looking good at the moment.