PDA

View Full Version : WTB Matty Collector Voltron

funkyaw
3rd July 2014, 07:32 PM
Just throwing it out there if someone has a complete set and wants to sell. Doesn't have to be MISB so long in good condition. Thanks.

Krayt
3rd July 2014, 11:34 PM
I have a full set MISB... and very willing to offload, just haven't had the time to ebay it.

PM me and we'll start talking

VGMStudios
4th July 2014, 05:48 AM
may I ask why you want this abomination?

funkyaw
4th July 2014, 06:22 AM
Was a bit of a fan of voltron as a kid. I already have the toynami plastic set but something about the scale of matty collector version appeals to me.

I guess you might be referring to some of the QC issues and questionable design choices (spring loaded legs etc) they made.

In any case, main problem will be getting the approval of the wife...

drifand
4th July 2014, 11:40 AM
Did they had a reissue version later by tredsmaster or something?

I have one sitting in my other home collecting dust.

VGMStudios
5th July 2014, 12:15 AM
Fair enough. The scale is impressive, though the over all plastic appearance and QC issues made me stay away as there are a few other choices out there that are a lot better which some have diecast.

Yes, getting the wifes approval with be the main challenge. Good luck with that!

sideswipes brother
5th July 2014, 03:13 PM
Fair enough. The scale is impressive, though the over all plastic appearance and QC issues made me stay away as there are a few other choices out there that are a lot better which some have diecast.

Yes, getting the wifes approval with be the main challenge. Good luck with that!

Where the hell is the chrome?????

Tetsuwan Convoy
5th July 2014, 08:22 PM
Where the hell is the chrome?????

"cartoon accuracy"?:o

z3r03d
7th July 2014, 11:03 PM
Was a bit of a fan of voltron as a kid. I already have the toynami plastic set but something about the scale of matty collector version appeals to me.

I guess you might be referring to some of the QC issues and questionable design choices (spring loaded legs etc) they made.

In any case, main problem will be getting the approval of the wife...

i too am a BIG fan of VOLTRON... was looking for that same plastic version before but i ended up getting the diecast... one of the Best Toys i've got in my collection..

when i ran it pass the wife, she didn't know who voltron was so it was easy to get the green light... "She said, spend it once and spend it right" So i bought the Masterpiece :)

http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm56/gumnuthead/Transformers/dd744e27efaad33d3ff9aebf03b20afd_zps267469b6.jpg

drifand
8th July 2014, 09:48 AM
The amount of room that the huge one takes up is a lot, is basically Matroplex Titans size.

Tetsuwan Convoy
15th July 2014, 12:08 PM
i too am a BIG fan of VOLTRON... was looking for that same plastic version before but i ended up getting the diecast... one of the Best Toys i've got in my collection..

when i ran it pass the wife, she didn't know who voltron was so it was easy to get the green light... "She said, spend it once and spend it right" So i bought the Masterpiece :)

Probably the best choice for Lion Voltron at the moment. As for the wife. That woman needs some edukatin' in the ways of awesome 80s

kup
15th July 2014, 02:50 PM
I know someone who wants to sell his complete Matty Voltron set. He will only charge what it cost him from Matty. Sydney located so pick up/delivery could be arranged if local. Not a board member so I will be dealing in his stead so all good and safe.

Still interested?

funkyaw
15th July 2014, 05:44 PM
Thanks Kup. Will send pm.