PDA

View Full Version : TRU Exclusive Movie Jetstorm and Wingblade

iceburn
15th January 2008, 02:02 PM
Source: http://www.seibertron.com/news/view.php?id=12250

It appears that we will be getting more Cybertron toy line repaints as movie toy line figures. The next molds to get the repaint treatment are the Wingsaber mold as Wingblade, and the Jetfire mold as Jetstorm.

http://www.seibertron.com/images/toys/uploads/1200150967_jetstorm.jpg http://www.seibertron.com/images/toys/uploads/1200150967_wingblade.jpg

TheDirtyDigger
15th January 2008, 02:22 PM
Are these being released in Australia?

Saintly
15th January 2008, 03:06 PM
they looked very plain ummm grey!

i_amtrunks
15th January 2008, 03:14 PM
The pics of robot mode are a little better at showing there will be some colour on these figures, even if it is used rather sparingly.

Green on Wingsabre's chest, blue here and there on Jetfire.

Glad I got me the originals!

griffin
15th January 2008, 03:26 PM
The grey makes them look more realistic in jet mode, which I like. And if the robot mode has colour to it, even better.
I'm just amazed at the name Wingblade - it was a character I created for a TFs story way back in 1996. I guess it could just be a coincedence.

jaydisc
15th January 2008, 03:47 PM
As a post-Cybertron-returning-to-the-fold collector, I of course don't have the originals, and these look pretty cool.

I'd love to hear people's opinions of the molds.

TheDirtyDigger
15th January 2008, 03:59 PM
I like Wingsaber JD. Instead of hands he's got these massive gatling guns that say "Don't EFF WITH ME BOY!". Mines still MISB so I can't tell you how fun it is to play with.

dirge
15th January 2008, 06:16 PM
Jetfire is a poor Ultra, jay. Would be a good deluxe, but is far too simple as an Ultra. Wing Sabre is pretty cool, especially for a toy designed as a powerup suit!

jaydisc
15th January 2008, 07:17 PM
They both seem pretty cool. Tell me again how Ultra and Mega compare to their modern equivalents of Leader/Voyager/Deluxe?

Paulbot
15th January 2008, 07:45 PM
Cybertron Ultra's are bigger than Voyager and smaller than Leader. Mega is a little smaller than Voyager on average. Earlier Ultra from Beast Wars are about Voyager size just to make it all confusing!

I like the color schemes on these two much more than the versions in Cybertron... they look like real planes (unlike the green or purple Jetfire and the scifi looking Wing Saber). I don't have either so I will probably get these.

1orion2many
15th January 2008, 08:11 PM
:(PLEASE NO MORE REPAINTS, they are driving crazy:mad:. Surely there must be someone out there with an imagination:eek:.

Borgeman
15th January 2008, 08:59 PM
man this is whats wrong with the movie line now

honestly, these repaints could have waited/made way for a greater production of the mainline toys...

George

iceburn
15th January 2008, 09:39 PM
i'm finding these repaints very dull especially these 2...
well, i could probably wait till a massive price-markdown for these lot, same with the other 3 cybertron 'movie' deluxe repaints i guess

STL
15th January 2008, 10:59 PM
I do like the new colours but I'm not so sure about buying them. It'll depend on the price point ultimately. I like both figures enough since they're from Cybertron but if I'm going to be asked to pay $60 a pop from TRU for repaints, no thanks.

JD, I think Wing Saber is a better toy than the Sky Shadow/Jetfire mould. The problem with Jetfire mould is there's a massive opening behind his chest that really stands out. His arms are quite limited too.

Wing Saber is a pretty decent figure with an arsenal of weapons and I think you'll like how the blades and weapons all translate from alt mode to robot mould. They all fit nicely into the alt mode without seeming cumbersome. The transformation on Wing Saber is pretty interesting too. My main complaint is he's top heavy, very hard to get into a good pose.

Thanatos
16th January 2008, 12:55 AM
Won't get Jetstorm, but that's because I have Jetfire. Might get Wingblade, even though I have Cybertron Wing Saber, but that's because if he looks any good in bot mode, I'll have a second connector for my Cybertron Optimus Prime, which could wind up looking very nice.

benben2142
16th January 2008, 12:59 AM
Do they still sell g1 repaints and g1 masterpiece Starscream?

GoktimusPrime
16th January 2008, 08:42 AM
It took me about 3 minutes to figure out that you might have meant the G1 movie repaints. Feel free to be more specific. :/

I haven't been to a TRU in ages but I haven't seen any restocks since Xmas - stocks of these figures were plentiful before Xmas but I haven't really checked since then.

Tiby
16th January 2008, 09:01 AM
Jetfire has a massive "useles electronic noises" pack and his wings make him really hard to display next to others. Wing Saber has some cool features like the gatling gun hands that move to turn into fingers, but his feet are weird (tails of the plane) and he also suffers from the UEN pack.But this was a curse of many toys in the Unicron era.

I think the colours are better, though, but it is clear that Hasbro sat down and looked at their catalog and compared with every single vehicle in the movie to turn them all into new Transformers with a simple repaint.

Soundwarp
16th January 2008, 09:08 AM
Wow i like the repaint, won't be getting them but i like em

dirge
16th January 2008, 09:48 AM
If I didn't already have Wing Saber, I'd be very keen on Wingblade. I'd definitely recommend him to those who like Cybertron toys that don't have Wing Saber.

NEMESIS PRIME
20th January 2008, 12:43 PM
YUK!!! these look disgusting:eek:

benben2142
22nd January 2008, 08:47 AM
Why don’t you like repaints gok?

Bartrim
25th January 2008, 08:57 AM
I might get Wingblade as I don't have a Wing Saber yet.

lcz128
27th January 2008, 06:13 PM
Wing sabre's a good fig (alt mode and combining with OP is great); but I'm not too big a fan of the new decos