PDA

View Full Version : Myer Movie Platinum Edition release dates

griffin
16th July 2014, 07:20 PM
Thanks to Hasbro Australia again, we have release dates of upcoming Movie Platinum Editions... all going to Myer - the home of Platinum Editions in Australia.

These dates are preliminary release dates, which means circumstances can alter those dates at any time... and it can take time for stock to filter through to stores.

18-SEPT-14 - A9186 - TRA MOVIE 4 PLATINUM EDITION Generations Break Out Scene Pack (Voyager Scrapyard Optimus, DLX Vehicon, DLX Rollout)
?????????? - A9185 - TRA MOVIE 4 PLATINUM EDITION Generations Dinobots 5 Pack

03-Sep-14 - A9182 - TRA MOVIE 4 PLATINUM EDITION Generations Leader Optimus Prime and Grimlock

05-Nov-14 - A9183 - TRA MOVIE 4 PLATINUM EDITION Generations Autobots 5 Pack (VOY Optimus, VOY Hound, DLX Bumblebee, DLX Crosshairs, DLX Drift)
27-Nov-14 - A9184 - TRA MOVIE 4 PLATINUM EDITION Generations First Edition Optimus Prime with Trailer and Sideswipe

Omega Metro
16th July 2014, 07:29 PM
Well, at least they are all coming out over here so I don't need to hunt them down overseas. Need that Breakout Scene Pack.:)

DELTAprime
16th July 2014, 07:50 PM
05-Nov-14 - A9184 - TRA MOVIE 4 PLATINUM EDITION Generations First Edition Optimus Prime and Trailer

Not that piece of garbage again.

agentwaway
16th July 2014, 07:51 PM
any idea on the pricing? :)

Sinnertwin
16th July 2014, 08:04 PM

I'm going to guess and say
$99
$149
$99
$149
$99

CHILENO20
16th July 2014, 08:07 PM
Well, at least they are all coming out over here so I don't need to hunt them down overseas. Need that Breakout Scene Pack.:)

Same! Need Rollbar!!!!

ILikeSoundwave
16th July 2014, 08:26 PM
I'm going to guess and say
$99
$149
$99
$149
$99

A Leader two pack $99?!?:eek: When pigs fly.:rolleyes:

CaminusPrime
16th July 2014, 09:16 PM
Is it worth holding off on the individual autobots until the united pack comes out? Already have drift

Sinnertwin
16th July 2014, 09:50 PM
A Leader two pack $99?!?:eek: When pigs fly.:rolleyes:

Whatever

griffin
16th July 2014, 10:02 PM

No. Usually they don't give out pricing for store exclusives, because the store may not have the retail prices locked in yet.

Zommael
16th July 2014, 10:31 PM
Weird that the release dates for the Autobot and Dinobot 5-packs seem to have switched. Wonder if Hasbro intentionally showed us something that was coming soon and something coming later at Botcon, and intend to do so at SDCC, or if that's a mistake on Hasbro Australia's part?

Extremely good news that we're getting all these - I AM EXCITE. Also good news that it looks like the main ones I'm after (Breakout and Leaders) will be available around the time I'm actually anywhere near a Myer in September, when I head down to the ACT for my wedding!

griffin
16th July 2014, 10:44 PM
Weird that the release dates for the Autobot and Dinobot 5-packs seem to have switched. Wonder if Hasbro intentionally showed us something that was coming soon and something coming later at Botcon, and intend to do so at SDCC, or if that's a mistake on Hasbro Australia's part?

That's what I thought too, but wasn't able to question it, so I guess we just wait and see next month which two sets come out.

UltraMarginal
17th July 2014, 09:54 AM
Wow, I didn't really expect to see many of these packs here at all!

I've picked up pretty much all of the movie vehicles already, or have them on prepaid pre-order, so I'll most likely be skipping most of these packs.

CyberiusPrime
17th July 2014, 10:08 AM
The dinobot 5 pack, do we know what class they will be?
Are there any pics of these even on external sites at all of any of these
exclusives?

Sinnertwin
17th July 2014, 10:43 AM
exclusives?

Grimlock & Slog will be Voyager class, while Slug, Scorn & Strafe will be Deluxe Class figures.
To date, i think the only image is a silhouette which is linked in Griffin's first post.

prymOZ
17th July 2014, 11:03 AM
these releases all on the same month ... gonna burn a hole in my pocket! the dinobot 5 pack tops my list!:rolleyes:

CyberiusPrime
17th July 2014, 12:10 PM
Hi everyone,

Apologies, I forgot to ask in my previous post,
the first edition Optimus with trailer, is this the same figure
as the current first Ed Optimus but with a trailer now?
If so I may hold off.

Cheers

griffin
17th July 2014, 01:01 PM
exclusives?

Don't know for sure yet. No official images have been released.

Hi everyone,

Apologies, I forgot to ask in my previous post,
the first edition Optimus with trailer, is this the same figure
as the current first Ed Optimus but with a trailer now?
If so I may hold off.

Cheers

Don't know for sure yet. No official images have been released.

In about a weeks time, we should see these from SDCC, which starts on the 23rd.

G1Optimal
17th July 2014, 01:49 PM
Grimlock & Slog will be Voyager class, while Slug, Scorn & Strafe will be Deluxe Class figures.
To date, i think the only image is a silhouette which is linked in Griffin's first post.

they might have included Snarl instead of Slog as snarl is coming in wave 3
Age of Extinction Generations Deluxe Wave 3 New Images (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/transformers-movie-toys-products-30/age-of-extinction-generations-deluxe-wave-3-new-images-180712/)
Source:tfw2005 (http://www.tfw2005.com)

so we have to wait and see

CyberiusPrime
19th July 2014, 09:58 PM
I found a link to that has pics of the leader class 2 pack platinum edition for Grimlock and Optimus

http://www2.unicron.com/2014-transformers/platinum-edition/2568-platinum-edition-aoe-generations-leader-2-pack-grimlock-and-optimus-prime.html

Some nice looking pics,

I have on layby the current leader class Grimmy, but tempted to ditch him and kill two bots with one energon cube.

griffin
23rd August 2014, 12:22 AM
Updated first post with new release dates from Myer of the Breakout Battle and Trailer packs. Since these two have been pushed back, expect the other three to have as well.

18-SEPT-14 - A9186 - TRA MOVIE 4 PLATINUM EDITION Generations Break Out Scene Pack (Voyager Scrapyard Optimus, DLX Vehicon, DLX Rollout)

27-Nov-14 - A9184 - TRA MOVIE 4 PLATINUM EDITION Generations First Edition Optimus Prime with Trailer & Sideswipe.

Dimi194
23rd August 2014, 09:10 PM

Woo! Counting down! Thanks for this info, super keen for this set :)

CyberiusPrime
25th August 2014, 09:48 PM
I can honestly say, that i am really quite happy i held off from getting these individual figures, but damn this is going to be a very expensive couple of months for me.

Not unaffordable, just very expensive :)

Mr_K
26th August 2014, 06:49 PM
Seibertron has American pricing for the sets up: USA Platinum Pack Pricing (http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/transformers-age-of-extinction-toysrus-canada-exclusive-sets-preorders/31152/)

Looking at the prices of the two I'm personally interested in:

Brakeout pack: $69.99 USD
United pack: $129.99 USD

Given that these are exclusive to Myers in Australia, I can see them being double the price here....in which case I would either import or pass all together. I do hope I'm wrong with my guess.

MayzaPrime
26th August 2014, 07:04 PM
Seibertron has American pricing for the sets up: USA Platinum Pack Pricing (http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/news/transformers-age-of-extinction-toysrus-canada-exclusive-sets-preorders/31152/)

Looking at the prices of the two I'm personally interested in:

Brakeout pack: $69.99 USD
United pack: $129.99 USD

Given that these are exclusive to Myers in Australia, I can see them being double the price here....in which case I would either import or pass all together. I do hope I'm wrong with my guess.

I think Breakout pack will be $100 and United pack will be $150.

Well I hope anyway.

Mr_K
26th August 2014, 08:02 PM
Hope you're right :)

griffin
26th August 2014, 09:24 PM
Myer is a tough one to predict... they do "scalp" their exclusives (unlike BigW & Kmart who usually charge the same or less than matching regular release items), but are likely to have a sale to bring it down to a more acceptable price.

BigTransformerTrev
27th August 2014, 09:14 AM
Myer is a tough one to predict... they do "scalp" their exclusives (unlike BigW & Kmart who usually charge the same or less than matching regular release items), but are likely to have a sale to bring it down to a more acceptable price.

I remember paying a decent amount more for Animated Swindle & Blurr at Myers than other figures of that line were going for at other stores, but for quite a while Myers were the only store you could find them at

Zommael
27th August 2014, 01:32 PM
I just hope the ones I want are out by the time I make it down south and am actually anywhere near a Myer. My last chance will be on Wednesday 24th September, so I really hope the Breakout pack has made it to stores by then!

illusn
4th September 2014, 10:52 PM
Penrith myer has 2 breakout battle packs $169.
Very annoyed just bought one on eBay for 128 delivered. Getting really jack of the aussie market on everything.

Mr_K
5th September 2014, 09:03 AM
Penrith myer has 2 breakout battle packs $169.
Very annoyed just bought one on eBay for 128 delivered. Getting really jack of the aussie market on everything.

Wow that pricing is worse than I ever thought it could be. Lol at me getting any of these sets then, for those prices I want 3P quality stuff

griffin
6th October 2014, 04:53 PM
I'm trying to piece together some of the vague sightings on the Myer Platinum Editions for our Checklist, First Sightings and Twitter, as people have been too overwhelmed by the prices to be too specific on what has been seen, and for how much.

(dates were when Myer were planning to release them)
03-Sep-14 - Leader Optimus Prime and Grimlock - Not out yet? - $??

18-SEPT-14 - Break Out Scene Pack (Voyager Scrapyard Optimus, DLX Vehicon, DLX Rollout) - OUT LATE AUGUST - $169

??????????? - Dinobots 5 Pack (VOY Grimlock, VOY Slog, DLX Slug, DLX Strafe, DLX Scorn) - Not out yet? - $??

05-Nov-14 - Autobots 5 Pack (VOY Optimus, VOY Hound, DLX Bumblebee, DLX Crosshairs, DLX Drift) - OUT OCTOBER - $249 & $269 & $279 (three prices so far posted in the sightings section)

27-Nov-14 - First Edition Optimus Prime with Trailer and Sideswipe - OUT OCTOBER - $299

Does that mean the Dinobots 5-pack and Leader 2-pack haven't been sighted by anyone here yet?

Until the store opens at Garden City later this month, Myer isn't a convenient store-chain for me to pop in and check... I probably get to one maybe twice a year.

JuzMel
27th November 2014, 02:30 PM
Saw this at Myer - the Breakout Scene
http://www.myer.com.au/shop/mystore/924737

FruitBuyer
29th November 2014, 03:46 PM
Just saw the Dinobots Unleashed box-set at Doncaster Myer. I must say that all the figures look all gorgeous, even Grimlock. I can't wait for Myer to do the price-drop like usual so I can get them.

Dimi194
29th November 2014, 04:02 PM
Just saw the Dinobots Unleashed box-set at Doncaster Myer. I must say that all the figures look all gorgeous, even Grimlock. I can't wait for Myer to do the price-drop like usual so I can get them.

Did you see a price??

FruitBuyer
29th November 2014, 04:27 PM
Did you see a price?? Unfortunately it didn't have a price-tag though I suspect it'll be a $249 given what the Autobots United price was

CyberiusPrime
29th November 2014, 04:28 PM
Did you see a price??

I saw the Dinobots at Fountain Gate Myer, price is $249.00
I'm personally going to wait for a price drop