PDA

View Full Version : hello

jacksplatt11
18th August 2008, 12:09 PM
hey all,

so ive been a member here for some time now but only really looked and never got involved, so i thought id get a bit more involved and start posting..

so about me, im 21, at uni in melb, loved transformers ever since G1 was on tv when i was 6 or so, still have a VHS of episodes i taped, always been relatively interested in transformers fiction over the years, ie all the cartoons and comics, but lost interest in the toys after beast wars as i was growing up and all my friends stopped playing with toys so i did too... but with the movie coming out last year i noticed how far the toys had come in terms of articulation and design etc, and ive started collecting them again..

im by no means a completist, and only get toys whose character i like, or like the toy of, or can find cheap enough.. mainly interested in the fiction side of transformers, cartoons, comics and movies, but got a handy little collection going now..

only thing is that getting interested in the toys again has got me interested in marvel legends, dc superheroes, star wars toys, and now lego again, so its an expensive hobby but fun...

wow i wrote a little essay, meh, yeah so hey everyone

Pulse
18th August 2008, 12:13 PM
Hey Mate! :)

Welcome to the asylum... :p

Not another Melbournalien?! Doh! :D

iceburn
18th August 2008, 12:18 PM
hey jacksplatt11,
+1 to Melbournians!! the world is not enough
hope to catch you around...

TheDirtyDigger
18th August 2008, 12:25 PM
Hey Jack. Welcome!:)

The fiction side of Tf's is great. Personally loving the IDW-verse comics at the moment. Really can't get enough.

Sam
18th August 2008, 12:36 PM
Hey there and welcome to the forum. :)

I am also more interested in the lore and mythology of the Transformers (I always love a good story) than the actual toys themselves, and only collect a small portion of them (mostly the Classics/Henkei line). But I think Masterpiece Prime is awesome. :D

Saintly
18th August 2008, 12:39 PM
welcome victorian!

hope to see more of your contributions :)

jacksplatt11
18th August 2008, 12:40 PM
yeah im a melbournian, originally from the country but came here last year for uni and most of my friends are living here now so im in melb 90% of the year... plus melb is the best city in the world so...

dirtydigger, im loving it too, just read devestation and it was good, bit lost though because i havnt read stormbringer or escalation, ive only read a handful of spotlights so need to catch up on some parts.. only problem is ive got crisis on infinite earths TPB, dark knight returns TPB, man of steel 1 TPB, classic transformers vol1 TPB and hellsing manga 1 to read before i buy more transformers comics..

Robzy
18th August 2008, 12:53 PM
Bah-weep-Graaaaagnah wheep ni ni bong! :)

GoktimusPrime
18th August 2008, 12:57 PM
Nuthin' beats Marvel G1. :)

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y227/goktimusprime/avatars/boardwelcome.jpg

I've been reading Hellsing manga too. :) Btw I hope you're not like some other people who mispronounce Alucard's name as "A-Loo-Card." It's actually pronounced "Aah-card" (アーカード (http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/HELLSING#.E7.99.BB.E5.A0.B4.E4.BA.BA.E7.89.A9)) - basically the lu is silent. ;)

jacksplatt11
18th August 2008, 01:11 PM
Btw I hope you're not like some other people who mispronounce Alucard's name as "A-Loo-Card." It's actually pronounced "Aah-card" (アーカード (http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/HELLSING#.E7.99.BB.E5.A0.B4.E4.BA.BA.E7.89.A9)) - basically the lu is silent. ;)

ahh to be honest i dont know how i pronounce it, none of my friends like anime or manga so i dont think its ever come up in conversation with anyone... i woulda said a-loo-card though haha...

liegeprime
18th August 2008, 05:39 PM
Mabuhay! Welcome, post a pic or two of your collection when you can. Cheers

loophole
18th August 2008, 05:45 PM
Welcome!!!

STL
18th August 2008, 06:05 PM
Hey there, welcome aboard!

TheDirtyDigger
19th August 2008, 09:55 AM
dirtydigger, im loving it too, just read devestation and it was good, bit lost though because i havnt read stormbringer or escalation, ive only read a handful of spotlights so need to catch up on some parts.. only problem is ive got crisis on infinite earths TPB, dark knight returns TPB, man of steel 1 TPB, classic transformers vol1 TPB and hellsing manga 1 to read before i buy more transformers comics..

Excellent Jack. All good reads but I think you'll love Dark Knight Returns the best.
I have a copy of Stormbringer you can have. It's digest sized and b/w so they erroneously call it the 'manga' version but it is the exact same comic. (damn you Amazon.com for not being specific:mad:)
Come to a meet sometime and it is yours.

jaydisc
19th August 2008, 04:24 PM
Welcome Melbournian!

Bartrim
19th August 2008, 05:58 PM
Welcome to Ozformers

SilverDragon
19th August 2008, 07:28 PM
Blah wheep grana dropped mini-bong!

...I think that's how it goes, anyway...

1orion2many
19th August 2008, 08:04 PM
:)Welcome to the vegetable patch;):D.

GoktimusPrime
19th August 2008, 08:39 PM
Blah wheep grana dropped mini-bong!
That translates as "Would you like to come back to my place play bouncy bouncy?"
I believe the phrase you're looking for is "Bah weep granah weep nini bong." ;)

Golden Phoenix
19th August 2008, 08:50 PM
Welcome. And yet another Melbournian to the fold.
I am kind of the same when it comes to my collection, in terms of getting the ones you like, but purely because of my budget....

k.wong23
19th August 2008, 09:22 PM
Welcome buddy!

What uni do you go to? :)

Trailer Park Ninja
19th August 2008, 09:53 PM
Welcome :)

jacksplatt11
19th August 2008, 10:29 PM
Welcome buddy!

What uni do you go to? :)

i go to la trobe bundoora.. doing information systems

anyone else go there?

Omega Supreme
20th August 2008, 10:04 AM
Welcome aboard!

Paulbot
20th August 2008, 03:01 PM
Welcome

Nova Prime
23rd August 2008, 07:10 PM
Welcome! Hellsing was awesome, have you read/seen Trinity blood?

Tiby
24th August 2008, 06:21 PM
Welcome!