PDA

View Full Version : TFCC 2015 Membership Figure - Lio Convoy

Krayt
1st August 2014, 09:12 AM
Don't know how I feel about the club using newer smaller deluxes for figures :-(

Bot Mode Art pic (https://twitter.com/The_TF_Club/status/494902398474018817/photo/1)

Alt Mode (https://twitter.com/The_TF_Club/status/494903122876448768/photo/1)

kup
1st August 2014, 09:40 AM
Not impressed, pretty lame actually.

BigTransformerTrev
1st August 2014, 09:51 AM
Not impressed, pretty lame actually.

Yep - pretty crap. And why the hell did I join the club again when they started to do BW figures - why didn't I join the year before that when you could get Runabout :rolleyes:

UltraMarginal
1st August 2014, 10:16 AM
This isn't blowing me away, it's not a character I care about and on top of that, the subscription service is a bit too vague for me the third time around as well. this might be the first time in 3 or 4 years that I don't renew my club membership.

kup
1st August 2014, 10:17 AM
Yep - pretty crap. And why the hell did I join the club again when they started to do BW figures - why didn't I join the year before that when you could get Runabout :rolleyes:

The issue is not that is BW. The best stuff in Botcon that I have seen were BW.

This thing just feels meh.

At least it's not Bayformers ;)

Omega Metro
1st August 2014, 10:17 AM
Wow. That is pretty bad. :mad:

BigTransformerTrev
1st August 2014, 10:20 AM
The issue is not that is BW. The best stuff in Botcon that I have seen were BW.

Didn't say the figure was crap because it was BW - was saying for myself personally that I should have joined while they were still doing G1 based giveaway figures rather than BW giveaways because I'm much more of a G1 fan

kup
1st August 2014, 10:42 AM
Didn't say the figure was crap because it was BW - was saying for myself personally that I should have joined while they were still doing G1 based giveaway figures rather than BW giveaways because I'm much more of a G1 fan

I joined for that Runabout and Runamuck. However I regret having done so as there was so much pain associated with how the club treats people overseas.

My credit card number was stolen twice and their knee jerk reaction was that it was my fault because I am from overseas. As we all know, the contrary was later proven correct. There were also shipping problems and frankly, the magazine was so uninteresting that not even that was a saving grace.

That was what got me to think that it doesn't matter if they announce the most awesome toy ever - Not worth the pain and cost of joining.

Deonasis
1st August 2014, 10:55 AM
I think it looks good and it is vvvvery similar to a custom i have seen (though the customiser has said it is just coincidence). My big concern is that they want to remold the head and i absolutely cannot stand the shrunken head syndrome that occurs on some otherwise great FP head remolds.

Barrel05
1st August 2014, 10:12 PM
They canceled my subscription service because my card didn't authorise and i didn't reply in time, even though i didnt get their email until 4 in the morning. They gave me fifteen minutes to reply! And theres no way i can get the figs

reillyd
4th August 2014, 06:49 PM
But, but he doesn't transform into a lion!
Wtf?!?!?

Sky Shadow
4th August 2014, 07:01 PM
The panels on the truck bed make a fantastic homage to the panels of Lioconvoy's mane. Fingers crossed that they don't stuff up the head.

griffin
4th August 2014, 11:59 PM
But, but he doesn't transform into a lion!
Wtf?!?!?

If it's his pre-Beast Wars form, 2006 Rattrap, Cheetor, Rhinox, Dinobot, and Waspinator weren't a rat, cheetah, rhino, dinosaur or wasp either... and if is his post-Beast Wars form, characters are sometimes known to keep their names when they get a new form (except maybe Megatron in the Unicron Trilogy ;) )

CHILENO20
7th August 2014, 09:56 PM
I'm gonna go out on a limb here, I quite like it. Good use of the mould and slightly left field. That being said, FunPub has always found a way to right royally cock it up. Everyone's reaction here is warranted. I fully expect mine to come with an issue. Here's hoping :)

Sinnertwin
8th August 2014, 05:19 PM
Reminds me of Farmer Fred's turnip truck.

Krayt
19th May 2015, 12:23 PM
The news sights are saying that Lio is arriving now... and a little search shows rampage took 20 days from Sighting to arrival at whoop-whoop* last year

The wait begins i guess....

*BTTrev's = whoop-whoop

BigTransformerTrev
19th May 2015, 01:19 PM
The news sights are saying that Lio is arriving now... and a little search shows rampage took 20 days from Sighting to arrival at whoop-whoop* last year

*BTTrev's = whoop-whoop

Yep - that's where I live. Also referred to as the middle of buttf**k nowhere :p

griffin
19th May 2015, 02:14 PM
A couple of images of LioConvoy (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/conventions-15/tcc-lio-convoy-arriving-figure-subscription-service-30-shipping-182763/)... and it seems to be getting better feedback than Nova Prime did.

Then again, the cheaper a toy costs (compared to another toy of the same size), the less critical you are about it, and this one is much cheaper for Americans than Nova Prime, if you assign the entire membership fee (US$40) to the toy... which makes it dirt cheap when taking into account the other things you are paying for with that membership fee.

Megatran
19th May 2015, 04:57 PM
Sheesh..... that's an ordinary looking box. Is that typical of the membership toy?

griffin
19th May 2015, 05:52 PM
The early years was just a bagged toy loose in a small box, so at least they have a foam insert now for the membership toys.

And the plain box is because the membership is only paying for the basic toy. Packaging can cost as much as the toy to produce in such small quantities, so they only include it on the more expensive toys.

Megatran
19th May 2015, 07:28 PM
And the plain box is because the membership is only paying for the basic toy. Packaging can cost as much as the toy to produce in such small quantities, so they only include it on the more expensive toys.
So if you're a MISB collector ... :rolleyes:

Tetsuwan Convoy
19th May 2015, 09:58 PM
So if you're a MISB collector ... :rolleyes:

You can't be a real MISB collector with the club stuff, they never seal the boxes.

prjkt
19th May 2015, 10:49 PM
My Chromedome had a pair of seals with the name Chromedome holding the lid of the box down...

Krayt
19th May 2015, 11:29 PM
The sub figures came with labelled stickers, but V1 lost stickyness in transit, V2 was marginally better....

But for the "packaged" items (botcon box sets, yearly purchasable figures such as transmutate, punch/counterpunch, night beat) the nice pretty boxes aren't taped/stickered shut at all

prjkt
20th May 2015, 12:19 AM
ahh, makes sense now, haven't received any of those (yet)

requiemau88
22nd June 2015, 02:37 AM
Has anyone got there's yet?

Its now nearly end of June and over in WA still haven't recieved mine ... Got Carzap from TFSS 3.0 but that's it.

This is almost as bad as the time Runamuck came this late ... and was missing his head ...

reillyd
22nd June 2015, 04:52 AM
I didn't get mine, but have bought an extra at Botcon as I'd probably want to put one in the nova prime box and one for display. I'm wary of Funpub reliability with sending figures - fss ones sometimes arrive months later or not at all.

Krayt
22nd June 2015, 09:10 AM
A canadian guy on facebook posted that he finally got his on the weekend... and it has been known for canadian mail to take the slow boat with aussie stuff (anyone here get MOTUC???)

So maybe this week...... maybe

CHILENO20
26th June 2015, 10:17 PM
Still waiting :rolleyes:

Civic Bossman
27th June 2015, 12:15 AM
Nothing here yet either

griffin
27th June 2015, 05:39 AM
I'm still waiting too... and I got Carzap about three weeks ago (and I think FunPub sent them at almost the same time).

CHILENO20
29th June 2015, 11:27 AM
http://i1382.photobucket.com/albums/ah260/chileno18_2000/IMG_3773_zps4uufxlbo.jpg (http://s1382.photobucket.com/user/chileno18_2000/media/IMG_3773_zps4uufxlbo.jpg.html)

Finally here :) Thank you again FunPub for taking your time :p

prjkt
29th June 2015, 11:30 AM
Cool, hopefully that means mine'll been here soon too

BigTransformerTrev
29th June 2015, 11:35 AM
Yeah I thought they were supposed to send them out in April?! :confused:

MayzaPrime
29th June 2015, 12:45 PM
Yeah I thought they were supposed to send them out in April?! :confused:

Don't believe them...:p

I have noticed that the last few years 'free' members figures have usually been sent out around botcon. I usually get it the same time that I get my non-attendee Iacon pack, so hopefully that wont be to far off.

unicronsblood
29th June 2015, 01:01 PM
So the wait continues, i sent a few emails asking if the international ones have been sent out yet last week, but no reply. If i receive the toy or a reply, i will let you all know.

iceburn
29th June 2015, 01:42 PM
Received my TFCC figure last week with box crushed (in Singapore)

prjkt
29th June 2015, 03:26 PM
just picked mine up from the post office a few minutes ago.

Apparently it came via Sweden

BigTransformerTrev
29th June 2015, 03:45 PM
just picked mine up from the post office a few minutes ago.

Apparently it came via Sweden

That might be the first one to show up in Aus

So the wait continues, i sent a few emails asking if the international ones have been sent out yet last week, but no reply. If i receive the toy or a reply, i will let you all know.

Not surprised you didn't receive a reply, their customer service is notoriously atrocious. And when they DO bother to reply they are more often than not quite rude :(

MayzaPrime
29th June 2015, 03:56 PM
Not surprised you didn't receive a reply, their customer service is notoriously atrocious. And when they DO bother to reply they are more often than not quite rude :(

I must be one of the rare few, I have had no problems with contact or customer service with my membership. Even recently, I didnt receive an invoice for my botcon non-attendee figures, I contacted them they fixed the problem and they also got back to me letting me know that they fixed the problem. Even when I have sent my ideas for characters and figures they have responded to me thanking me for my idea.

Like I said I must be one of the rare few. :)

prjkt
29th June 2015, 04:11 PM

Is Chileno20 not in Aus?

BigTransformerTrev
29th June 2015, 04:42 PM
Is Chileno20 not in Aus?

Oh, I had missed his post :o

Jaxius._
29th June 2015, 06:58 PM
Just got lio

So awesome

BigTransformerTrev
30th June 2015, 12:42 PM

*BTTrev's = whoop-whoop

Arrived at whoop-whoop today ;)

reillyd
30th June 2015, 07:45 PM
Finally received my Leo, so thank you Fun Pub for a freebie.

I have Nexus Prime and his purple Galva Convoy from Botcon, so now I have the trio. Shame only two will fit in their box though :( #firstworldproblems

BigTransformerTrev
30th June 2015, 08:09 PM
Finally received my Leo, so thank you Fun Pub for a freebie.
s

Considering international membership is now $92US and I don't have a high opinion of the bi-monthly mag I don't count mine as a freebie anymore

griffin
30th June 2015, 08:10 PM
I got mine today too... but since I ended up with an extra one at BotCon, this one is up for sale if anyone wants it.

Jaxius._
30th June 2015, 08:11 PM
Considering international membership is now $92US and I don't have a high opinion of the bi-monthly mag I don't count mine as a freebie anymore

Yeah it costs less to chase it after market.

I really hope we get something like botcon in aux so i can actually get all these exclusives without paying shipping

Alpha Supreme
30th June 2015, 08:17 PM
How are folks feeling about Collectors Club in 2015? still worth the money? I have access to an American address and head to LA nearly every week... is it worth joining?

BigTransformerTrev
30th June 2015, 08:19 PM
How are folks feeling about Collectors Club in 2015? still worth the money? is it worth joining?

Depends if you are after the TFSS 4.0 or planning to go to Botcon. If either of these are a 'yes' for you then it's worth joining :)

I have access to an American address and head to LA nearly every week

Really? What do you do for a living? Wanna swap careers for a month? :p

Megatran
30th June 2015, 08:42 PM
I got mine today too... but since I ended up with an extra one at BotCon, this one is up for sale if anyone wants it.
Nice segway to your sale item. ;)

:p

MayzaPrime
30th June 2015, 09:07 PM
Got mine yesterday :)

Not sure if i like Nova or Lio better :confused:

requiemau88
1st July 2015, 06:28 PM

Years ago I sent them emailing say if there was any assistance I could receive trying to book a spot for Botcon coming from Australia. I got an answer from Brian.

"No.

Regards,

Brian."

This was during the time 3 or 4 years back were there booking system was clogged up and you had to refresh refresh on three computers to get a spot ... at 1 am in the morning. I didn't end up going to USA that year, but it always struck me as weird as that I didn't get a better response.

And yes I've never received a figure before Botcon .... but I thought year was different as state side got theirs back in April (?)

BigTransformerTrev
1st July 2015, 09:21 PM
Years ago I sent them emailing say if there was any assistance I could receive trying to book a spot for Botcon coming from Australia. I got an answer from Brian.

"No.

Regards,

Brian."

They REALLY need to send all their staff on a week long customer service training retreat - that's just rude the way he dealt with you :mad:

UltraMarginal
2nd July 2015, 12:32 PM
I must be one of the rare few, I have had no problems with contact or customer service with my membership. Even recently, I didnt receive an invoice for my botcon non-attendee figures, I contacted them they fixed the problem and they also got back to me letting me know that they fixed the problem. Even when I have sent my ideas for characters and figures they have responded to me thanking me for my idea.

Like I said I must be one of the rare few. :)

in general I've always had good customer service from staff other than Brian. I think one person (Angela?) has done a lot of customer service for me, I even had a head replaced (at no cost) on my subscription toy that turned up with a moulding flaw.

requiemau88
2nd July 2015, 12:54 PM
in general I've always had good customer service from staff other than Brian. I think one person (Angela?) has done a lot of customer service for me, I even had a head replaced (at no cost) on my subscription toy that turned up with a moulding flaw.

Was that runamuck (white one), a few years back? Cause I think she also helped me out quick as well. Sent a new head was here in two weeks

requiemau88
3rd July 2015, 02:05 PM
Got it this morning delievered ... it has all the pieces.

Good day ...

unicronsblood
4th July 2015, 06:19 PM
Got mine delivered yesterday. Thank you tcc for the no reply....

Omega Metro
4th July 2015, 07:52 PM
Mine came yesterday also. Now to try and sell it.

Tetsuwan Convoy
4th July 2015, 08:37 PM

I had the same with my Metalhawk figure and some seriously derpy eyes. Angela is the person I've usually dealt with and has been pretty good. Looks like Brian is just an arsehole all around;):D

swoop
18th August 2015, 06:32 PM
Is anyone else still waiting on the Lio convoy to arrive or am I the lucky last?

CHILENO20
18th August 2015, 06:42 PM
Is anyone else still waiting on the Lio convoy to arrive or am I the lucky last?

Ouch, possibly :(