PDA

View Full Version : what the crap are parents doing now a days

sifun
18th August 2008, 03:06 PM
http://kotaku.com/5037975/parents-let-kid-drop-out-of-high-school-to-focus-on-guitar-hero

Seriously, they let their kid drop out of school to persue guitar hero as a profession. Who in their right mind would let their children do that.
I bet he's not even that good.

jaydisc
18th August 2008, 03:49 PM
Have you seen the relevant South Park? Absolute Gold.

Pulse
18th August 2008, 04:02 PM
Maybe their ultimate goal for him is to become an Air-Guitarist?

http://blog.wired.com/underwire/images/2007/06/06/us_air_guitar.jpg :D

I wish my parents would have forced me to drop out of primary school to become a hardcore G1 Collector... :) :o

STL
18th August 2008, 05:46 PM
Well. look at how many wanabees are in our own schools putting aside their studies to pursue their sporting dreams. There's enough of those idiots. Don't they realise every year only 60 AFL players get drafted yet there's a few thousand that throw their lives away thinking their the next big thing.

roller
18th August 2008, 06:06 PM
i hate those parents who look at you funny when you walk past or cycle past. Its probably their parental instincts kicking in to protect there young, just like a hawk protects its babies :p

I notice alot of parents who are in the 20-40 age group name their kids weird, weird to me anyway, names. Eg: Apple, Pegasus Orion, Zorran, Darryl :D

autobreadticon
18th August 2008, 07:13 PM
Have you seen the relevant South Park? Absolute Gold.

ahaha fame.fortune and groupies

Golden Phoenix
18th August 2008, 11:06 PM
Wow. How stupid must they be. He must have begged and bugged them for months. Hell would freeze over before my parents let me do something like that.

To Punish & Enslave
18th August 2008, 11:42 PM
Absolute gold I tells ya. Move out the way Joe Satriani. Imagine never having to restring your air guitar or buy a guitar pick ever. Mmmmm don’t need tuning either.

I love the parents that tell their kids how good they are Singing, dancing or whatever when they are really crap. It cracks me up. I will only ever watch the try outs of idol etc for these comedy reasons. A parent is also responsible to not give false hope

SilverDragon
19th August 2008, 09:29 PM
..the hell? That's like my mum letting me drop out to buy Transformers.

I'm reminded of a Far Side cartoon with job ads imagined by parents of a kid addicted to the SNES.