PDA

View Full Version : IDW Primacy preview

griffin
13th August 2014, 06:55 PM
Newsrama have posted up a preview (mirrored here (http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/comics-16/transformers-primacy-1-full-preview-180952/)) of the first issue out this week at comic stores.
It is the third part of the story started with Autocracy and Monstrocity, but I guess Primacy isn't being released as a digital exclusive first like the other two were.

i_amtrunks
14th August 2014, 09:58 PM
After reading the first issue, I am liking where this is going, if certain characters had stayed put, it would have felt very rehashed from Autocracy.

Art is what it is, I personally like it and think it suits the tone of the series, the double page spread and final page are gorgeous, I'd actually like a larger version of that last page to something around A3 size. The art is not not everyone's cup of tea so it won't be for everyone.

I was on the IDW boards and there were some posters who think they have found what would amount to an enormous plot hole; however, I believe it has been done intentionally and even (to me) reads as if a cover story is in place.

Overall a solid start with an interesting premise but it relies heavily on readers reading the previous series (which is fair enough as it is more-or-less, part 3 of a trilogy), I look forward to seeing where it goes.

griffin
14th August 2014, 10:20 PM
So... it wasn't released as a digital exclusive first, like the previous two parts?
If not, it seems strange not to keep to the trend. Unless their sales figures were not great for the first two?

i_amtrunks
15th August 2014, 06:34 AM
It was simultaneous this time around, like their other releases. Not sure why, I had no problem with a digital and trade only release, saves on shelf space! :D